Pat Fenlon?

foghorn5

I give him 3 weeks. :thumbsup:

I will give him a maximum of 12 months with Petrie having to fork out 18 months worth of wages / salary to get rid of him. Some things never change.

I find it all a little sad as I don't really mind Hibs at all for if nothing else than we can feel superior to one team in the league

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in England and many years ago I remember, when Sir A F was appointed, hearing remarks like "Ah well he's been successful in a joke league but....."

Not many people say that now.

That cant be true surely SAF had also took a team from a so called diddy league onto win a european trophy.

No matter whats happening in Gorgie we can always depend on hibs to make us smile.

He will be shite for them. Of that I have no doubt.

However he can't be any worse than that Portugese waste of space that we have.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

:vrface:

I take he has signed then. Now I am definitely cacking it. :unsure:

So whats the price on him getting the 'heave ho' before his contract is up :lol:

Another Happy New Year in Gorgie by end of next month then :thumbsup:

Who csaba sergio? haha lol lmfao.......... Prick!!

I actually think he could be a decent manager for them. Thing is the problems with Hibs is not the managers, I was hearing today that the board have said despite saying at the AGM there will be no outside interference from the board that the new manager will have to use the current backroom staff. Also the new manager will get to find out what a Hibs changing room is like...

heard the same thing about the backroom staff.

On paper he's a decent appointment, but given the problems at Hibs run far deeper than the manager it's difficult to foresee him being a success. The current squad is atrocious, the culture of unprofessionalism amongst the platers is rife and the fans are completely apathetic.

all very pleasing.

Barney Rubble

Ooooft over to you i8hibsh this could be another one to a very lengthy hate list :whistling:

Come back and say that after we draw another blank and lose tomorrow.

Ooooft over to you i8hibsh this could be another one to a very lengthy hate list :whistling:

No problem to me. I never report to the mods.

The Sergio slurpers will wake up eventually.

at least he has a winning mentality.

LOL.

Another popular footballing myth.

"winning mentality"..... "knows how to win games"..... we'll see how long that lasts.

To be honest their new manager doesn't even need to do that good a job to be streets ahead of his predecessors..

I think he might do alright.. there is probably a few bargains to be had in the Irish League.. after a couple of seasons they will have all left for Rangers and Celtic and they will struggle again..

Barney Rubble

No problem to me. I never report to the mods.

The Sergio slurpers will wake up eventually.

Its a waiting game time will out .

For a few games i thought it looked quite promising if we could recapture that Sergio will be fine hes had a lot on his plate of late .

Its a waiting game time will out .

For a few games i thought it looked quite promising if we could recapture that Sergio will be fine hes had a lot on his plate of late .

The St Mirren 2 nil home was the last time I seen us resemble a team.

Barney Rubble

The St Mirren 2 nil home was the last time I seen us resemble a team.

We beat celtic after that game but since then its been all downhill but im a hearts man and i live in hope .

i8 it must be an absolute blast having your seethe on about something or other 24 hours a day.

Problem Officer?

Come back and say that after we draw another blank and lose tomorrow.

Bookmarked. :verysmug:

Problem Officer?

I really can't wait until 2nd January as the chants of "Cheer up Pat Fenlon..." are belted out at Fester Road.

:verysmug:

To be honest their new manager doesn't even need to do that good a job to be streets ahead of his predecessors..

I think he might do alright.. there is probably a few bargains to be had in the Irish League.. after a couple of seasons they will have all left for Rangers and Celtic and they will struggle again..

If he signs guys from Ireland, I don't see many moving on to Rangers, that's for sure.

On a side note, a hibby on facebook has already rolled out the "Pat Fenlons Fenian army"

:stare:

:facepalm:

On a side note, a hibby on facebook has already rolled out the "Pat Fenlons Fenian army"

Shocking but not unexpected to be honest.

Not so sure the irish league is taht bad.Shamrock rovers are in the group stages of the oofa league and werent aberdeen humbled by an irish team in europe a few seasons back.Impossible to tell how he will do but probably it was a choice between him and michael oneil and i think the board shied away from another ex employee being in charge.What with lomas,shiels and now fenlon its an irish takeover.My hunch is he will do well.

He knows how to lose against the famous! Played against us for St.Pats

Knows the losing feeling against Hearts - he'll fit in a treat down Lochend.

Well considering he also won two European trophies whilst at Aberdeen they must have been really dumb then. :vrface:

Not to mention the fact that the difference in the Scottish and English leagues in the '80s was nothing like what it is today. And he still toppled two clubs (Celtic and Rangers) who were dominating the game and were just as big as any club in England at the time (perhaps bar Liverpool).

Until the were chucked out of it, English clubs had more or less dominated the European Cup in the ten years leading up to Fergie joining Man U.

WINNIN MENTALITEH!!!

:cornette:

he'll have to forget all about that now.

for sale... one WINNIN MENTALITEH... selling as no longer needed... will consider swap deal for a RESIGNED ACCEPTANCE MENTALITEH.

All they need to know is that the back page headline on 3rd January 2012 will be : 'FENLON BETTERED'

RoussetsShorts

He looked nervous and awkward in the press photo & questions, I think he thinks this is a huge step and isn't a big enough personality to take it on. O'connor and co will have him in tow within a fortnight and the dressing room will be lost by christmas.

It doesn't matter who they get though, their squad is full of dross and their favourite players knees are almost done.

He's swimming in a sea of shite and he's hardly in illustrious company -

jim_kevin_lrg.jpg

_45174904_franck_sauzee_sns300.jpg

Bobby_Williamson_1381420c.jpg

John-Collins-001.jpg

article-1038513-02103AC100000578-943_306x423.jpg

John-Hughes-Oct-2009_2404605.jpg

009__034__features__Colin_Calderwood__1311250616_standard.jpg

1582340051.jpg

_56941896_hibs_web1125.jpg

282374_1.jpg

It may not be very offensive these days but it cannot be compared to haggis munchers. The famine was real, the wild haggis is not. Its just a bit low imo, crass call it what you want. Im not so sure Id go as far as to say its racist as Im sure thats not the intention behind it. Its definitely in poor taste, Id I like to think people are above that.

Ps I DESPISE Celtic.

The last 2 have lasted to a day before there AGM, This guy would make Jim Duffy and CC Look good. :down:

He looked nervous and awkward in the press photo & questions, I think he thinks this is a huge step and isn't a big enough personality to take it on. O'connor and co will have him in tow within a fortnight and the dressing room will be lost by christmas.

It doesn't matter who they get though, their squad is full of dross and their favourite players knees are almost done.

jim_kevin_lrg.jpg

John-Collins-001.jpg

1582340051.jpg

Brown Trout. :thumbsup:

282374_1.jpg

Nucky Thompson

jim_kevin_lrg.jpg

John-Collins-001.jpg

1582340051.jpg

282374_1.jpg

I got distracted on this thread but this post is magnificent :lol:

'Put simply, Pat Fenlon is a winner," said Easter Road chairman Rod Petrie.

"He has a record of winning championships and cups at different clubs and his teams have competed regularly in Europe.

"This pedigree is matched by the ambition Hibernian has for sporting success."

SOUND FAMILIAR !! -- SEE BELOW RE MIXU

'he actually comes across in such a hugely positive way that he stood out as an excellent candidate and he was the only one who was offered the job.

"It was a bit like the conversation we first had with Tony: suddenly you were struck by someone who had thought it all out, someone who was ambitious, knew what they wanted to do and was 100 per cent committed.

"Every answer he gave was considered, thoughtful and intelligent."

AND MORE RE CALDERWOOD

Hibernian Chairman Rod Petrie said: ?Colin has been in the dug out as a Manager in nearly 300 matches.

?He also has a wealth of experience as a player and as an Assistant Manager in the English Premier League.

?He is a winner, having won promotion with three different clubs.He is a leader with real drive and determination to succeed. This makes him an outstanding choice.?

AND MORE !!

"John Hughes was the unanimous choice of the board not for his exploits as a former player, but for his credentials as a manager, his style of football and his potential to bring success to the club on the field of play.

"The board will never lose sight of the requirement for Hibernian FC to be competing for honours and we see John as the ideal candidate to achieve this."

Archived