Pat Fenlon?

foghorn5

Unfortunate name, the mentally impaired are going to have a field day with it.

That L so looks like a vowel and some will see it that way, dont think his appointment would be a good idea.

at least we can change the words to "Fenlon blood" to avoid any possible SFA or police investigations! :teehee::ninja:

not that I advocate the slaying of the (possible) Hibs manager of course :blink:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All have a footballing pedigree at top European clubs or leagues, in Germany or Russia.

Whereas "Nutsy" Fenlon`s footballing background is at a level as high as our junior leagues...

Teams Played for:

St. Patrick's Athletic

Bohemians

Linfield

Shamrock Rovers

Shelbourne

Teams managed:

Shelbourne

Derry City

Republic of Ireland U23

Bohemians

:Vlad-Stupid:

Doesn't say much for the boys career when a move to Hibs is actually a step up (well arguably)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Valdas Ivanauskas

Anatoliy Korobochka

Csaba Laszlo

Paulo S?rgio

Yes, we have never suffered a "who?" moment over the last 5 years.

:Vlad-Stupid:

The only one I hadn't heard of was Sergio, funnily enough.

The others had had involvement with HMFC prior to their appointments.

Also, mad Eddie managed the USSR at the 1986 World Cup! :o

So basically Hibs are after a manager who's team (Bohemians) came 5th in the Irish league.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over that :rolleyes:

heard on Saturday that Bohemians were keen to get shot as his record over the last two seasons or so has been pretty dire but

he was on a lucrative contract and club too skint to sack him

From Bohemians wiki page -

"Bohemians supporters often refer to their club by a number of nicknames including 'Bohs', 'The Gypsies' and 'The Big Club'"

Guess it'll be a comedown for him moving from Big Club to wee club, but at least he'll still be a Gypsy :)

heard on Saturday that Bohemians were keen to get shot as his record over the last two seasons or so has been pretty dire but

he was on a lucrative contract and club too skint to sack him

You are so wrong it's unbelievable unfortunately. Boh's lost ALL there first team last season and are in financial shite, Fenlon had them mid table when odds on to go down.

Hibs are shite and will still be shite when he takes over but Pat Fenlon is a good manager.

Walter Bishop

You are so wrong it's unbelievable unfortunately. Boh's lost ALL there first team last season and are in financial shite, Fenlon had them mid table when odds on to go down.

Hibs are shite and will still be shite when he takes over but Pat Fenlon is a good manager.

And you base this on?

"I'm really excited by the prospect," Fenlon told the club website.

"Hibernian are a club with a rich history and proud traditions."

You mean like getting pumped off your neighbours time and time again :teehee:B):D:woot:

Not looking very promising for BB that they've not mentioned whether he's being kept on.....shame.

:jjyay:

And you base this on?

Not my first choice, but I work with a boy who's a Boh's fan, says he's done a great job over there and he's won trophy's. Think it's fair to say he's a good manger over there as his record shows. But this is the SPL, as gash as it is it's still a big step up. No idea how he'll do but I for one don't think he will be worse than the clown we had before.

Not my first choice, but I work with a boy who's a Boh's fan, says he's done a great job over there and he's won trophy's. Think it's fair to say he's a good manger over there as his record shows. But this is the SPL, as gash as it is it's still a big step up. No idea how he'll do but I for one don't think he will be worse than the clown we had before.

yous said the same when CC replaced that lochend ******.

now whos the clowns? :thumbsup:

Walter Bishop

It will all end in tears. :thumbsup:

yous said the same when CC replaced that lochend ******.

now whos the clowns? :thumbsup:

Haha touch?.. I honestly can't see Fenlon being as bad as CC. 5 trophy's at Boh's, at least he has a winning mentality unlike CC who seemed happy to just turn up and stand with his arms folded.

Not looking very promising for BB that they've not mentioned whether he's being kept on.....shame.

Serve's him right for going there in the first place.

:jjyay:

you can only pish with the ****** you've got as they say. and once more we will see that, in the case of the new / next hibs manager, he'll be pishing with a woman's front bum. the only other pishing to be done will be by us while we're laughing at you... and of course pishy pat stanton's strides will be getting their periodical hosing down.

it's a tale of pish. which is what you are.

Problem Officer?

What he's won in Ireland is like winning the Scottish Second Division and Challenge Cup. :rofl:

"Winner." :hibsfud:

Problem Officer?

St Johnstone and Motherwell away, followed by Rangers at home. The Hibs fans will be calling for his head in no time :)

That is an extremely :pleasing: run of fixtures. 1 point out of 9 MAX. :jjyay:

What he's won in Ireland is like winning the Scottish Second Division and Challenge Cup. :rofl:

"Winner." :hibsfud:

Easy tiger.. Can only try win what's in front of you. I'm saying at least he has a winning mentality. Remains to be seen if he's going to to a job for us. We're far to soft and I just want to see us put a bit fight in.

Whats the general consensus over on dalefarm.net has anyone had a peek ?

I had to Wade through their salvatations(a word?) On their dedicated thread...

I live in England and many years ago I remember, when Sir A F was appointed, hearing remarks like "Ah well he's been successful in a joke league but....."

Not many people say that now.

Horatio Caine

I had to Wade through their salvatations(a word?) On their dedicated thread...

Think you mean `salivations`. Horrible word. Horrible concept. Horrible team...

Having said that though, am I the only one on here who thinks he might just do a job for them?

We're hardly riding the crest of a wave atm are we?

Think you mean `salivations`. Horrible word. Horrible concept. Horrible team...

Having said that though, am I the only one on here who thinks he might just do a job for them?

We're hardly riding the crest of a wave atm are we?

I'm not sure how our current performance (which although results haven't being going our way I think we've been doing ok) is related to this chap's ability to lead Hubz onwards and upwards.

They may get an initial "bounce" with the new manager and all that, but the personnel he has at his disposal suggests it's a long term project for him!

Problem Officer?

Easy tiger.. Can only try win what's in front of you. I'm saying at least he has a winning mentality. Remains to be seen if he's going to to a job for us. We're far to soft and I just want to see us put a bit fight in.

You've brought in a manager from a league equivalent to the Scottish 2nd Divison, FACT. :vrface:

Rod "the tash" Petrie said :lolderwood: was a "winner with great pedigree" this time last year as well. :rofl:

Problem Officer?

I live in England and many years ago I remember, when Sir A F was appointed, hearing remarks like "Ah well he's been successful in a joke league but....."

Well considering he also won two European trophies whilst at Aberdeen they must have been really dumb then. :vrface:

Not to mention the fact that the difference in the Scottish and English leagues in the '80s was nothing like what it is today. And he still toppled two clubs (Celtic and Rangers) who were dominating the game and were just as big as any club in England at the time (perhaps bar Liverpool).

You've brought in a manager in a league equivalent to the Scottish 2nd Divison, FACT. :vrface:

Rod "the tash" Petrie said :lolderwood: was a "winner with great pedigree" this time last year as well. :rofl:

Can you explain how it's a FACT that it's the same standard as the 2nd division? Just because a manager has managed in a lower league does not mean he will fail at a bigger club. To think that is pretty naive to say the least. But I'll wait and see and if your right feel free to tell me so. If your wrong I hope you will came back and say how wrong you were.

Problem Officer?

Can you explain how it's a FACT that it's the same standard as the 2nd division? Just because a manager has managed in a lower league does not mean he will fail at a bigger club. To think that is pretty naive to say the least. But I'll wait and see and if your right feel free to tell me so. If your wrong I hope you will came back and say how wrong you were.

The Irish league is absolute toilet, anyone who is anyone and who likes their football knows this.

And okay. :sob:

It's Groundhog Day for you lot, isn't it?

:groundhog:

So is the SPL. For the record take the ugly sister out this league sadly you have pretty much the same level.

By the way that face really makes me laugh so I can't argue with you when your sticking that face up :D

Barney Rubble

Nothing and no one will ever overcome the shiteyness of hibs but i hope they do get a bounce effect from this appointment come 2nd of january it will be all the sweeter .

Problem Officer?

So is the SPL. For the record take the ugly sister out this league sadly you have pretty much the same level.

By the way that face really makes me laugh so I can't argue with you when your sticking that face up :D

Not really. Hearts would still get five-figure attendances on average, Hibs and Aberdeen would be about 7,000, with Dundee Utd being about 5,000 - these four teams are far bigger than any Irish clubs and the other teams would still get 1,000/2,000 more.

Not really. Hearts would still get five-figure attendances on average, Hibs and Aberdeen would be about 7,000, with Dundee Utd being about 5,000 - these four teams are far bigger than any Irish clubs and the other teams would still get 1,000/2,000 more.

Suppose it depends how well your team was doing. I've actually thought if Hibs or Hearts played in a league were we have a chance of winning it then there is a good chance you would pull in a few thousand more. So I take back that last statement, not having the ugly sisters would prob benifit us.

jamboinglasgow

I actually think he could be a decent manager for them. Thing is the problems with Hibs is not the managers, I was hearing today that the board have said despite saying at the AGM there will be no outside interference from the board that the new manager will have to use the current backroom staff. Also the new manager will get to find out what a Hibs changing room is like...

I'm not sure how our current performance (which although results haven't being going our way I think we've been doing ok) is related to this chap's ability to lead Hubz onwards and upwards.

They may get an initial "bounce" with the new manager and all that, but the personnel he has at his disposal suggests it's a long term project for him!

So there could well be an influx of "Gypsies" which I understand is the nickname given to Fenlon's last club Bohemians just so I keep the PC Brigade off my back.

I would imagine as most new managers do they tend to bring in some of the players they know and trust and they will proabbaly be in Petrie's price bracket.

Although having said that we are probabaly going to be working in a similar price range going forward from next season.

Walter Bishop

:vrface:

Fergie won the cup winners cup with Aberdeen. Comparing the great man to Nutsy Fenlon is absurd.

Inspector Rex

As pointed out to me by a Bohs supporter on another forum: Every club he's managed has gone bust. :jjyay:

Horatio Caine

I actually think he could be a decent manager for them. Thing is the problems with Hibs is not the managers, I was hearing today that the board have said despite saying at the AGM there will be no outside interference from the board that the new manager will have to use the current backroom staff. Also the new manager will get to find out what a Hibs changing room is like...

That's a pity. I was hoping his assistant would be called Mick.

When's the press conference?

"Passing football, ball on the ground, flair, Hibernian way, style of football the fans want to see, tradition here blah blah blah" :1132:

No doubt the muppets will fall for it hook line and sinker.

His league wins with Shelbourne were due to them overspending well in excess of every other team in the L of I. As a result of his time there Shelbourne went completely broke and were demoted to the lower division. Again, his initial success at Bohs was because of spending far in excess of other teams.

He managed Derry City for a while in 2006/2007 and with the limited financial resources the club had, he was a total disaster and to this day is still hugely unpopular with the Derry fans. Robbo actually replaced him and steadied the ship somewhat.

Archived