Pat Fenlon?

foghorn5

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is he the guy that thought he was going to Dundee United a few years back only to be knocked back when he asked for too much money?

Why?

Great CV. Dundee Utd wanted him a few years back.

Would rather ONeil or Lennon went there instead of him, he knows his stuff and is highly experienced.

Is he the guy that thought he was going to Dundee United a few years back only to be knocked back when he asked for too much money?

His club wanted 200k compo. He was first choice ahead of housty forr the job.

His club wanted 200k compo. He was first choice ahead of craig for the job.

I was sure it came down to money. Wasn't sure whether he'd asked for a big salary or if compo was due

Would rather ONeil or Lennon went there instead of him, he knows his stuff and is highly experienced.

Steve Kenny had a great CV when he went to Dunfermline and got them relegated.

Fenlon's is perhaps better but it does not worry me.

Steve Kenny had a great CV when he went to Dunfermline and got them relegated.

Fenlon's is perhaps better but it does not worry me.

Was about to say the same thing. Think it's a gamble bringing managers over from Ireland.

No matter how good the manager is, Hibs will make sure he fails.

Fair dos mate, don't get me wrong they will still be pish but someone like Danny Lennon would feck them further.

Fair dos mate, don't get me wrong they will still be pish but someone like Danny Lennon would feck them further.

Then let us hope it is Danny then.

Silk purse and sows ear.

It will be a long time before that shower of shite sort themselves out so not too concerned. Anyway its quite a big ask for someone to takeover a club thats consistantly in a relegation battle.

portobellojambo1

Never heard of the bawbag, therefore he should fit in well down Easter Road way. If he is what they believe to be their best alternative to Colin Calderwood then it shows little to no imagination on behalf of their board. Either that or he misheard the phone call made to him and has agreed to do it without pay, making him a guaranteed cert to get the job.

Never heard of the bawbag, therefore he should fit in well down Easter Road way. If he is what they believe to be their best alternative to Colin Calderwood then it shows little to no imagination on behalf of their board. Either that or he misheard the phone call made to him and has agreed to do it without pay, making him a guaranteed cert to get the job.

laughed at the simplistic genius of this opening gambit.

this is the template which should herald all future hibs managerial appointments.

joke appointment bad news for us though if he does get them relegated we will no longer be guareenteed our nine points a season

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/hibernian-specials/next-permanent-manager

Skybet > 1/4

Paddy Power > 1/3

Stan James > 1/5

Looks a sure thing, shortest any manager linked has been.

Not sure Sir Alex could do a job with that mob to be honest, and it's not like Fenlon will be blessed with a huge budget to bring in his own players.

In short, don't really care who it is, because they'll be pish.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/hibernian-specials/next-permanent-manager

Skybet > 1/4

Paddy Power > 1/3

Stan James > 1/5

Looks a sure thing, shortest any manager linked has been.

Not sure Sir Alex could do a job with that mob to be honest, and it's not like Fenlon will be blessed with a huge budget to bring in his own players.

In short, don't really care who it is, because they'll be pish.

Mind you, the Irish boy St J were linked with was shorter odds at one point and never got the gig.

Pat Fenlon suddenly heavy odds-on with bookies to manage Hibs

this from Ewan Murray Twitter

yip the next clown to never win a Derby the last 2 never even came near a win, how many years and managers.

It looks like the job is his, he ticks all the boxes, he is cheap, no one has heard of him, oh yea he is cheap, lets give him the customory year to fail, then on to the next one. :whistling:

Fair play to the boy. Not everyone is willing to take such a massive backwards step in the misguided belief it'll take them forward eventually.

Mind you, the Irish boy St J were linked with was shorter odds at one point and never got the gig.

True! As always the hobos will chase the cheap option. Amazed that Billy Brown hasn't been given the gig for this very reason.

Gregory House M.D.

Aye like turning league champions into mediocre shite...

Can't be arsed wiki'ing the guy while I'm on a phone so can anyone explain in a few bullet points why he's the chap they think will inspire all this unity nonsense the Tache was muttering about?

If it's a mystery to most, I won't be remotely surprised.

Can't be arsed wiki'ing the guy while I'm on a phone so can anyone explain in a few bullet points why he's the chap they think will inspire all this unity nonsense the Tache was muttering about?

If it's a mystery to most, I won't be remotely surprised.

According to his wiki he's only 42, seems to have a good record but has only ever played/managed in Ireland. No SPL experience. Seems like Tache is going for the cheap option again.

Aye if someone has any more than a score on manager markets the person gets cut en mass! There have been several 1/20 - 1/50 shots turned over on Betfair over the past few years. Still it's very encouraging!!

As has been proven several times previously the manager at ER is not the problem. There's a culture amongst the staff that means anyone who demands commitment and hard work gets stabbed in the back, and Petrie is always around to hold meetings with the disgruntled players and undermine the guy who is supposed to be in charge.

Unfortunate name, the mentally impaired are going to have a field day with it.

That L so looks like a vowel and some will see it that way, dont think his appointment would be a good idea.

Unfortunate name, the mentally impaired are going to have a field day with it.

That L so looks like a vowel and some will see it that way, dont think his appointment would be a good idea.

I never noticed that so I can't be mentally impaired!!

You on the other hand?? ?

I never noticed that so I can't be mentally impaired!!

You on the other hand?? ?

Think it wont happen then? join the big band of Jambos who never look ahead or even at whats around them.

Archived