u19s derby

davie1980

One particular highlight for me in the 1st half was as the players celebrated holts opener 1 player shouuted "f*@k the hibs"

A attitude that all hearts players should have reguardless of what level

Brilliant result. :thumbsup:

Thats what I like to hear. Good lad whoever it was. :thumbsup:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was reading in the Sunday Post at the weekend (which I only read for the broons :teehee: ) that the SPL is really trying to push ahead with putting a couple of B teams in the third division, if they can sort out one or two things and have a vote by New Year it will start from next season.

Scott Campbell has gone to Dunfermline. As for O'rourke, he never was contracted to us, but he played for Hearts in an under 19s bounce match last weekend.

Thanks for that

Ross Caldwell was the Hibs no. 9. He is a very good player with lots of pace and strength, with a fierce shot. Can be a bit tempremental though. If I could take a couple of Hibs players it would be Caldwell and the young midfielder, Sam Stanton (no. 14) who also a a good game before he went off injured.

Stanton looked a lovely footballer before he went off

Harry Palmer

Was reading in the Sunday Post at the weekend (which I only read for the broons :teehee: ) that the SPL is really trying to push ahead with putting a couple of B teams in the third division, if they can sort out one or two things and have a vote by New Year it will start from next season.

I bloody hope so... SFL can bugger off with their objections.. A couple? You mean Rangers and Celtic.... What's the point?

He was never a Hearts player.

I seen him play a few times with watching hearts under 17s especially against inverness last season were he stood out like a sore thumb. and also seen him play for rangers under19s

and he can play. To say he is not a hearts player is harsh. And to be fair ive watched football in all regions and he is one of 5 players i thought would make it.

jamboinglasgow

I seen him play a few times with watching hearts under 17s especially against inverness last season were he stood out like a sore thumb. and also seen him play for rangers under19s

and he can play. To say he is not a hearts player is harsh. And to be fair ive watched football in all regions and he is one of 5 players i thought would make it.

I think you misunderstood what I was meaning, I meant I dont think he was on Hearts books except as a trialist for a couple of weeks.

Stanton looked a lovely footballer before he went off

Sam is a good player and if im right his is 18years old and will be in the hibs full team by the end of this season. Why is holt still in the under 19s and not the full team :huh:

jamboinglasgow

I bloody hope so... SFL can bugger off with their objections.. A couple? You mean Rangers and Celtic.... What's the point?

Sorry I should have said 6 teams is what the SPL hope, Hearts, Hibs, Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee United, though Dundee United have questions over whether they can afford it.

I think you misunderstood what I was meaning, I meant I dont think he was on Hearts books except as a trialist for a couple of weeks.

Really sorry mate just i see players who are very good but not given a chance because of money

restrictions and its killing the game. Theres about 3 players i have kept and eye on over the last few years and even if you have the talent the doors get shut. Hibs were 2 seasons ago given under17s 5/6 contracts now there only 2 contracts up for grabs. We need a reserve league.

scott herbertson

Sorry I should have said 6 teams is what the SPL hope, Hearts, Hibs, Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee United, though Dundee United have questions over whether they can afford it.

where would the B team play ?Tynecastle??

Harry Palmer

Better....

Anything to let players progress, match experience and fitness... In fact I'd go for a 6 team reserve league...

He is naturally a striker though he often plays on the wings. But Hearts have had a problem with our other centre-back, Aaron Murdoch picking up a very bad injury towards the end of last season which means he is out till new year. So Hearts have been using Paterson and Kane as cover.

that kind of makes sense to me. paterson looked out of his depth at the back and often went meandering up the park when we had possesion.

i assumed when i seen the size of him that he was a centre half.

also explains why brad mckay talked him through the game at times. mckay looked a decent big defender. although he heads the ball like i used to when i played down the park....with my gob open, like i was trying to swallow the bloody thing

kane had looked solid defensively at defensive mid, so looked the more obvious choice to go into defense. and with paterson going up the park and getting the equaliser it was a masterstroke by darren murray (although the more critical of us may understandably question why we didn't start like that)

i really enjoyed watching walker and holt link up down the left in that second half, they looked different class at times. and tapping really was the best player on the park throughout the 90 minutes. i lost count of the amount of times i heard "tappy, tappy, tappy" from the rest of the team as he was on the ball so often.

First time I've watched the U19's but thoroughly enjoyed it, some good talent on show and was impressed by the full backs, Holt, obviously, but especially Tapping who won loads of tackles when you thought he'd lost it and just never gave up. Also the forwards kept plugging away even near the end when we were hitting the post or having balls cleared off the line at the death, great attitude from the whole team I thought. Some good Hibs players too I thought with Stanton being the pick of the bunch until he went off injured. Good to see the youngsters celebrate like it meant everything today, and right at the final whistle too! Not an unfamiliar sight to see Hibs players crestfallen at the end of a Derby, some things never change eh?

Well done boys.

I really enjoyed the game and the result was fantastic.

It was the goalscorer no 4 who was booked for taking shirt off after he scored equaliser.

made up for his mistake for their goal.

Hibs No18(RB) was warned after his tackle , anymore and at least a booking.

He was torn a new one for his troubles thereafter

thought ref was good, I was wrongside for bounce up near end so cannot comment

Tapping was good in spells but he did give ball away a number of times but was not alone.

No 9 Smith? ran some great lines but sometimes ran up his own ass but made space for others

think he deserved a mention even if his shots usually with wrong foot were woeful.

Walker and Holt and No6,Kano were excellent as was the keeper with important saves.

Hibs were big and useful with some good players, credit where it is due.

style of football by both sides was good to watch and skill levels are higher than some SPL players.

Doesnae matter what age group it is.....love beating that shower..

It`s all about upholding the great name of HMFC at any level against that sh ite...... FTH

I've posted a report on the game and some photos on the HYDC site

Cheers fir that mate, I always enjoy reading your posts.

I was looking through the link you put up and is that u14 coach Michael renwick the guy that used to play for hibs?

Footballfirst

Cheers fir that mate, I always enjoy reading your posts.

I was looking through the link you put up and is that u14 coach Michael renwick the guy that used to play for hibs?

Yes it is. - he was (or still is) coach of the Heriot Watt Uni side

Yes it is. - he was (or still is) coach of the Heriot Watt Uni side

I thought it was him, cheers mate keep the u19 info coming.

I see that Ukio Bankas is on the strips,that's new.

IIRC they didnt have Ukio Bankas on the strips in first half, they did have a smaller Wonga ad on the back though. Must have changed at HT as they had the Ukio Bankas ones on in the second half

I thought it was good to see some of the first team squad taking a keen interest, never noticed Mr Sergio, but saw Lockie and the other 1st team coaches on the balcony.

Also saw Darren Jackson there, is he an agent nowadays??

Another ex Hearts player Donald Park was there, is he still involved at Hibs?

IIRC they didnt have Ukio Bankas on the strips in first half, they did have a smaller Wonga ad on the back though. Must have changed at HT as they had the Ukio Bankas ones on in the second half

Ukio Bankas was on the strips all game.

Well 2 - 1 down to your rivals with a minute to go, you'd be forgiven for thinking its all over but.....

My link

this just proves how SHITE the wee team really are. Well done boys :thumbsup:

Any highlights for those of us who don't have Hearts World?

Also, did the terrifying Section 43 stay by their "philosophy" and bring yet another HUGE corteo to the game? I was going to go but I was so terrfied of their home-made glitter sparkle banners that I hid under my bed for the whole day.

:Vlad-Stupid: :Vlad-Stupid: ::troll:::'>

Tommy Wiseau
Hibs restored parity right on half time through Handling

Cheating *******s. :down:

Footballfirst

..................... and just to add insult to injury (time) for the Hobos, Hearts U17s scored a stoppage time equaliser against Hibs U17s at Ricarton this afternoon. The game finished 2-2.

Hearts U15s also beat their Hobo counterparts 5-0.

The future's maroon :thumbsup:

..................... and just to add insult to injury (time) for the Hobos, Hearts U17s scored a stoppage time equaliser against Hibs U17s at Ricarton this afternoon. The game finished 2-2.

Hearts U15s also beat their Hobo counterparts 5-0.

The future's maroon :thumbsup:

And that is the way it should be.

Dean Winchester

u19c.png

Cheer up! More to life than football!

:lol:

The Ukio Bankas looks so much better than Wonga :(

And that is the way it should be.

And 5-0 is the minumum we should be looking for in the next derby. We should be well settled then with a vastly suoerior squad and sitting comfortably in 2nd or 3rd place.

jamboinglasgow

I know its a day late but I thought I might put a few thoughts on the game. I thought Hearts were overall the better team and it would have been undeserved if they lost the match. Hearts dominated the midfield and thus it was not a surprise that they got their second goal through a punt up the pitch. Hibs to be fair look to have some decent attacking players and I would imagine they will go up to the first team by the end of the season. Another victory against a rival team, the top four of the SPL U19 league will be (in no particular order) Hearts, Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs, Hearts have beaten two of those three as well as Rangers, Motherwell (who are currentlty fifth,) Dundee United (who are currently seventh) and Kilmarnock (who are currently eighth.)

In terms of players, Holt showed his usual class and took his goal very well, Fraser Mullen looked his usual decent self, Jamie Walker is showing some of the ability he had before he got injured and it is great to have him back. It was the first time I had seen Callum Tapping (with his original nickname of Tappy, surely call him dancer) and I was impressed, he was very good with a slide tackle (though it will be interesting to see if he can still do it on a dry pitch) his passing most of the time was decent and always tried to get forward. I have heard people say he is a similar style of player to Scott Robinson and after seeing him play I would fully agree. I did think that in an unnatural position as centre back Callum Patterson was a bit hit and miss at times, but he demonstrated when moved up front his goal scoring prowness which has brought him 6 goals in 7 games for the under 19s. Thought Jack Hamilton did not do too much wrong, Brad Mckay though solid for most of the match, I thought he could have done much better with Hibs second goal as he misjudged the flight of the ball when jumping for it.

Have Hearts decided to jack in putting the U19s highlights on the website?

Doesn't seem to be any from this season at all.

Saw Hearts play a lot better to be honest but a lovely ending, Tapping went a bit mental over what?. Worst player on park Paterson-never a centre half, best players Holt/Stanton when he went off Hubs lost their way, not sure about full backs, early days but.

Footballfirst

Have Hearts decided to jack in putting the U19s highlights on the website?

Doesn't seem to be any from this season at all.

They are available from Hearts.tv although Saturday's game is not there yet.

They are available from Hearts.tv although Saturday's game is not there yet.

Do you know if Jason Holt is out of contract at the end of the season?

The Ukio Bankas looks so much better than Wonga :(

Strange days when we're bigging up Ukio. Bet a few of us never expected to see that. :)

Excellent result for the wee Jambos though, delighted for them. Sounds like a proper derby with a proper sort of derby story to go with it. Hope they realise they're part of a very fine tradition.

I never noticed anything on the front of their shirts at any point on Saturday,blue wonga on back was only thing i seem to remember. :lol:

Footballfirst

Do you know if Jason Holt is out of contract at the end of the season?

I don't know specifically about Jason, but most of the U19s will be out of contract at the end of the season. That's the way that youth football normally works. If players are deemed good enough at U19 level then they will be offered a senior contract.

I don't know specifically about Jason, but most of the U19s will be out of contract at the end of the season. That's the way that youth football normally works. If players are deemed good enough at U19 level then they will be offered a senior contract.

So we could potentially lose him then?

That would be pretty horrible.

Saw Hearts play a lot better to be honest but a lovely ending, Tapping went a bit mental over what?. Worst player on park Paterson-never a centre half, best players Holt/Stanton when he went off Hubs lost their way, not sure about full backs, early days but.

Is Paterson the striker who is deputising at centre half?

If it is, then you've taken your gripe at being binned by Hearts a bit too far. That is the broad assumption on here that you were let go at youth level.

If you want your revenge, instead of always typing vitriol about our youngsters, why don't you show Hearts were wrong to bin you bylaying a blinder against our first team one day.

I take it you weren't playing this weekend as you've not quite made Craig Levein's international plans just yet.

Archived