u19s derby

davie1980

Coburg Hearts

Great game,even better that it was settled by the worst stoat up ever.Hibees surrounding the ref at full time.Some great performances as well.Number 2/4/8/10 and 11 stick outs for me.Number 2 even got booked for taking his top off at the winner despite having no part in the goal. :)

Wiz it aw Lithuanians that whur playin, or iz zat a Lothian busses timetable youve goat ther?

Only joking, folks.thumbsup.gif

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so they decided to give them false hope at a possible victory and at the very end they snatched it away from them. it was all part of the plan to inflict the most pain and suffering on them as was possible

Possibly the worst bounce ball by a ref ever. Still Holt took complete advantage and looks to be some player, Tapping also looked like he knows what he's about. Worth getrin soaked !

Footballfirst

I'll echo what Ross said given he was standing next to me.

Hearts deserved the win on their 2nd half performance. Hamilton made a great save in the 1st minute from Handling then Hearts responded when Mullen hit the bar in 5 minutes with a free kick before Holt scored the opening goal. Hibs midfield got on top after 15 minutes and looked the better side until half time, scoring in stoppage time. In the 2nd half Hearts dominated, although Hibs did create a couple of good chances themselves. Walker had a couple of efforts hit the post. Holt, Tapping and Smith were denied by desperate blocks, before Hibs went in front with a goal from Calwell.

In the 91st minute Paterson made a great jump and header to score from a Mullen free kick. In the 94th minute, the ref stopped play to have a word with Tapping and a Hibs defender who were squaring up to one another. Hearts were in possession at the time, but when the ref restarted play with a bounce ball, Jason Holt decided to make it competitive rather have the ball booted back up the park to the Hearts keeper. He took the ball to the bye line and crossed for King to bundle the ball home from a mass of bodies around the 6 yard line. I hadn't a clue who scored until I asked Darren Murray after the game. Everybody celebrated as if all of them had scored the winner themselves.

Happy days and back to the top of the table.:thumbsup:

Great fight back by the youngsters. Did not deserve to be behind after dominating the 2nd half. Walker had them on toast, and twice hit the woodwork with the keeper well beaten. Tapping looks hungry in the middle of the park, and rarely wasted the ball.....and the engine on Holt is amazing. Nice to see most of the 1st team squad watching from the sidelines, also Lockey, and Sergio from the balcony at the Academy.

Well done the U19's....FTH

Harry Palmer

Very glad Jason Holt came back to play in this fixture rather than faff about in the Scotland u21 squad.

:verysmug:

Coburg Hearts

Someone on hibs.net who knows his place. (or is a good sport) rolleyes.gif

Curses! So even our little team is the little team when it comes to playing the big team's little team?

Konrad von Carstein

I tried to look at thier thread on the game but I am only getting the first post and it looks like the page is still being loaded....gave up now.

Fermit the Krog

Thoroughly deserved win with Holt being the stand out. Thought that Walker and Tapping also impressed whilst both full backs have obvious quality.

Who was the laddie at Centre Half, Callum? decent player but needs to learn to stop pointing the finger.

Anyway, a great win. FTH.

I'll echo what Ross said given he was standing next to me.

Hearts deserved the win on their 2nd half performance. Hamilton made a great save in the 1st minute from Handling then Hearts responded when Mullen hit the bar in 5 minutes with a free kick before Holt scored the opening goal. Hibs midfield got on top after 15 minutes and looked the better side until half time, scoring in stoppage time. In the 2nd half Hearts dominated, although Hibs did create a couple of good chances themselves. Walker had a couple of efforts hit the post. Holt, Tapping and Smith were denied by desperate blocks, before Hibs went in front with a goal from Calwell.

In the 91st minute Paterson made a great jump and header to score from a Mullen free kick. In the 94th minute, the ref stopped play to have a word with Tapping and a Hibs defender who were squaring up to one another. Hearts were in possession at the time, but when the ref restarted play with a bounce ball, Jason Holt decided to make it competitive rather have the ball booted back up the park to the Hearts keeper. He took the ball to the bye line and crossed for King to bundle the ball home from a mass of bodies around the 6 yard line. I hadn't a clue who scored until I asked Darren Murray after the game. Everybody celebrated as if all of them had scored the winner themselves.

Happy days and back to the top of the table.:thumbsup:

do you know which hobo sub got sent off at the end mate?

Thoroughly deserved win with Holt being the stand out. Thought that Walker and Tapping also impressed whilst both full backs have obvious quality.

Who was the laddie at Centre Half, Callum? decent player but needs to learn to stop pointing the finger.

Anyway, a great win. FTH.

agreed, i thought the right back for us Fraser Mullen? played well especially first half.

do you know which hobo sub got sent off at the end mate?

I think it was 10 Danny Handling though 9 Caldwell was giving the ref grief. Hibs goalie coach was the worst, going absolutely insane on the sideline infront of me & then went onto the pitch

Fermit the Krog

agreed, i thought the right back for us Fraser Mullen? played well especially first half.

Agreed. My only concern with him would be him lacking in pace, though don't know if thats unfair on him and the Hibs player was just quick.

Certainly a good football player though.

Really good to see the team knocking the ball about well at times in difficult conditions.

Agreed. My only concern with him would be him lacking in pace, though don't know if thats unfair on him and the Hibs player was just quick.

Certainly a good football player though.

Really good to see the team knocking the ball about well at times in difficult conditions.

he certainly looks calm and always wants the ball.

i think there number 9? was lightening quick.

I think it was 10 Danny Handling though 9 Caldwell was giving the ref grief. Hibs goalie coach was the worst, going absolutely insane on the sideline infront of me & then went onto the pitch

the hibs goalie coach was a joke, shouting and swearing calling the ref a ******* joke, although to be fair the ref should never have just through the ball down and basically run like feck at the drop ball. :lol: but glad he did.

scots civil war

thats right,keep those ******s in their place

good that sergio was keeping an eye on the proceedings n all.......

FTH

davie version of events

Hearts started by gifting hibs a glaring chance in the opening minute which the keeper did well to save, from then the game was fast paced, open and fairly even until Jason Holt opened the scoring after around 20 minutes (i missed it as i was texting)

the first half remained fairly even, with a few mistakes from either side, the rain playing its part, before hibs scored with the last kick of the half.

1-1 a fair reflection of the half

after the break hibs, as you might expect, came out strong, but this only lasted 10 minutes as hearts went on to dominate the remaninder of the half.

hibs scored what they would have thought was the winner late on, calum paterson losing his man. definately against the run of play

but hearts got a headed equaliser from the same paterson, who had been moved up front at the end of the game. with kane filling in at centre back

right at the death, there was a bit of handbags and the ref stopped the game. it should have been hearts ball at the restart, but the ref decided on a much contested drop ball, walker chose to nick the ball from the drop and whipped it in for a group of bodies to bundle it over the line apparently king finished it but i had thought it was mchattie or smith. not to worry they can all claim credit

the players all celebrated a huge win and the celebrations on the side lines were nothing like you would expect from a u19s game....i even hugged a stranger

we lined up

------------------------Jack Hamilton-------------------------------

Frazer Mullin - calum paterson - brad mackay - kevin mchattie

----------------------------chris kane-------------------------------

----------------callum tapping------jason holt---------------------

ryan stewart-----------------------------------------jamie walker

--------------------------david smith------------------------------

we looked far better going forward than we did at the back as you might expect from a 3-2 game, callum tapping was my man of the match for his workrate, movement and passing. our main attacking threat came from jamie walker and jason holt down the left, definately the 2 best players technically. callum paterson had a bit of a nightmare at the back, but made up for it by scoring an equaliser.

Hamilton - 6. could have done better at one of the goals, but fairly solid and a very good communicator, constantly organising his defence

Mullin - 6 solid little right back, build and hieght similar to hammill, good defensively and put in a decent shift

mchattie - 6 tall left back, saw a bit more of the ball as much of our play was down the left, linked up well with walker

paterson - 5. despite goal, had a bit of a nightmare at the back, lost the ball a few times and was turned a little too easy by the hibs forwards. i'm sure he wont worry too much about davies poor rating, scoring an equaliser against hibs though

mackay - 6. a bit more solid than his partner, clearly the leader and organiser of the 2. but also made 1 or 2 mistakes that let hibs get in behind us

kane - 6 big lump of a defensive midfielder, in the mrowiec mould, did little wrong and broke up play both on the ground and in the air

tapping - 9 excelent work from our new signing. very industrious, involved in everything but left the fancy stuff to walker and holt,

holt - 8 our main attacking threat, linked well with walker on the left getting forward a lot, particularly in the dominat period of the second half. scored one first half and smashed both posts in the second. as darren murray said earlier in the week, excellent at shielding the ball, great balance for a little fella

walker - 8 another good attacking threat, particularly in the last 30 minutes, great pace and direct running. looks solid for a young winger as well

stewart - 6 not as effective on the right, but never saw as much of the ball

smith - 7 played with his back to goal, looking to hold it up for midfielders to go beyond him or join him in attack. apparently not the type of striker PS wants as he never tried to get in behind defence. but i'm sure waker and holt will have appreciated his contribution today.

king, came on for stewart, but his contribution was minimal as everything was going down the left at this point

Was at the game today,left five minutes from the end,wish i hadn't now.I think the difference was the changes Darren made 20 minutes from end of time.Why leave youre top goal scorer at the back and the other on the bench because two new faces have come in. always play with youre winning combination it worked at the beggining of the season and then all was changed at the hoops game and we have sort of gone of the the pace a bit,but hey presto the changes where made and the proof is in the winning and the performance...goal scorers score goals patterson and king proved there worth yet again.COME ON THE HEARTS 19'S.Welldone to the squad. :D

Fermit the Krog

i think there number 9? was lightening quick.

I'm maybe being unfair on him then. It was just something I picked up on 2nd half and if the Hibs player was very quick Mullen done a very good job especially first half.

:thumbsup:

king, came on for stewart, but his contribution was minimal as everything was going down the left at this point

although if reports are true that king got the winner, his contribution was massive :D

Was at the game today,left five minutes from the end,wish i hadn't now.I think the difference was the changes Darren made 20 minutes from end of time.Why leave youre top goal scorer at the back and the other on the bench because two new faces have come in. always play with youre winning combination it worked at the beggining of the season and then all was changed at the hoops game and we have sort of gone of the the pace a bit,but hey presto the changes where made and the proof is in the winning and the performance...goal scorers score goals patterson and king proved there worth yet again.COME ON THE HEARTS 19'S.Welldone to the squad. :D

what is patersons natural position?

as i thought he looked very uncomfortable at centre half today. the late change made sense as kane had been solid at defensive midfield and is a big laddie. and paterson went up the park and scored.

thats right,keep those ******s in their place

good that sergio was keeping an eye on the proceedings n all.......

FTH

Sergio was loving it post match, congratulating the boys and cuddling Darren Murray and jumping about !! :D

Only saw the second half but really enjoyed it. Hearts played very well and dominated with Hibs scoring against the run of play. Walker was particularly unlucky, hitting the post twice. Great to see a typical finish against the Hibs and the guys were going mental after both goals, with the pile up after the winner right in front of me :thumbsup:

Holt and Walker looked excellent although Walker was absolutely shattered before the end with not having played much football in the last year. Tapping, Patterson and McHattie were also pretty good.

Like other posters have said, it was also good to see quite a number of first team players watching part of the game.

Coburg Hearts

All those who go to the under19 games and send back reports do a sterling job, and it's much appreciated by me, and I'm sure by everyone on here. thumbsup.gif Sometimes above and beyond the call of duty, like when it's bucketing down.

jamboinglasgow

what is patersons natural position?

as i thought he looked very uncomfortable at centre half today. the late change made sense as kane had been solid at defensive midfield and is a big laddie. and paterson went up the park and scored.

He is naturally a striker though he often plays on the wings. But Hearts have had a problem with our other centre-back, Aaron Murdoch picking up a very bad injury towards the end of last season which means he is out till new year. So Hearts have been using Paterson and Kane as cover.

Was a good game, and a great and justified result!

Thought Mullin at right back was a good player, along with Holt and 'Tappy' in midfiled were the best players.

Also though it strange/different that when we were taking a corner the two who were back for us were Smith the striker and Holt, can't say I've ever noticed a team do that before.

Presumably it's just due to the height of 3 of the back 4 and that Mullin takes some of the dead-balls.

fingers finest

One particular highlight for me in the 1st half was as the players celebrated holts opener 1 player shouuted "f*@k the hibs"

A attitude that all hearts players should have reguardless of what level

One particular highlight for me in the 1st half was as the players celebrated holts opener 1 player shouuted "f*@k the hibs"

Superb :lol: :lol:

jamboinglasgow

Jason Holts tweet after the match

@JasonHolt10

Jason Holt

Absolutely buzzing!! Great result,to come back from 2-1 down with two minutes to go and go on to win 3-2 shows team spirit! FTH

Anybody know what happened to the big laddie Cambell from Tranent who was a regular up until u17s and a regular in the Scotland under age set up?

Footballfirst

Was a good game, and a great and justified result!

Thought Mullin at right back was a good player, along with Holt and 'Tappy' in midfiled were the best players.

Also though it strange/different that when we were taking a corner the two who were back for us were Smith the striker and Holt, can't say I've ever noticed a team do that before.

Presumably it's just due to the height of 3 of the back 4 and that Mullin takes some of the dead-balls.

That's normal for Hearts. The two covering at the back are both very quick.

Ross Caldwell was the Hibs no. 9. He is a very good player with lots of pace and strength, with a fierce shot. Can be a bit tempremental though. If I could take a couple of Hibs players it would be Caldwell and the young midfielder, Sam Stanton (no. 14) who also a a good game before he went off injured.

The Old Tolbooth

I really liked this quote from someone over on dotnet :lol:

Curses! So even our little team is the little team when it comes to playing the big team's little team?

@JasonHolt10

Jason Holt

Absolutely buzzing!! Great result,to come back from 2-1 down with two minutes to go and go on to win 3-2 shows team spirit! FTH

:verysmug:

Harry Palmer

@JasonHolt10

Jason Holt

Mr McGowan is the one to follow imo...

Hopefully Billy King progresses....

Lack of reserve league is killing us.

Lets look at Spain...B Clubs.

Anybody know what happened to the big laddie Cambell from Tranent who was a regular up until u17s and a regular in the Scotland under age set up?

As far as im aware he got told he was not getting a contract end of last season with the lad daniel o,rourke. Dont know if campbell has another club but been told from a agent i know daniel orourke is wanted by newcastle and a glasgow team :yucky:. Thats after talking to a agent at riccerton today. Was wondering were these 2 players were myself.

HEARTS PRIDEOF EDINBURGH,

Fermit the Krog

he got told he was not getting a contract end of last season with the lad daniel o,rourke.

A perfectly understandable decision.

:yucky:

jamboinglasgow

Mr McGowan is the one to follow imo...

Hopefully Billy King progresses....

Lack of reserve league is killing us.

Lets look at Spain...B Clubs.

Was reading in the Sunday Post at the weekend (which I only read for the broons :teehee: ) that the SPL is really trying to push ahead with putting a couple of B teams in the third division, if they can sort out one or two things and have a vote by New Year it will start from next season.

As far as im aware he got told he was not getting a contract end of last season with the lad daniel o,rourke. Dont know if campbell has another club but been told from a agent i know daniel orourke is wanted by newcastle and a glasgow team :yucky:. Thats after talking to a agent at riccerton today. Was wondering were these 2 players were myself.

HEARTS PRIDEOF EDINBURGH,

Scott Campbell has gone to Dunfermline. As for O'rourke, he never was contracted to us, but he played for Hearts in an under 19s bounce match last weekend.

Was reading in the Sunday Post at the weekend (which I only read for the broons :teehee: ) that the SPL is really trying to push ahead with putting a couple of B teams in the third division, if they can sort out one or two things and have a vote by New Year it will start from next season.

Scott Campbell has gone to Dunfermline. As for O'rourke, he never was contracted to us, but he played for Hearts in an under 19s bounce match last weekend.

Why is he back at hearts if he got released last season :blink:

Footballfirst

Why is he back at hearts if he got released last season :blink:

O'Rourke has been training with us for the last few weeks and played as a trialist in the bounce game v St Johnstone. We must be having another look at him.

loveofthegame

Superb! In fairness, it was 2 decent sides playing v decent football. Hibs had a huge physical edge, their side was a lot more 'physically' developed and they played very well for 20 minutes before half time.

However, on the balance we where the better side, created a lot more clear cut chances and at 1-1 missed three golden chances before they hit us with a sucker punch on the break.

Hamiltons save in the 1st minute was outstanding, both full backs where good (particularly McHattie who looks a prospect), Tapping hardly missed a tackle all game, Holt was brilliant at times, and Walker tore their heafer of a RB too shreds (RB for the vermin was lucky to stay on the park with all his fouls, 1 of which in the 1st half on walker was partic nasty- didnt even pick up a booking FFS).

Anyway, happy days and a great result for the wee BIG team

Archived