Liechtenstein V Scotland

Ricardo Quaresma

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Skivingatwork

Stevenson could do a job in there tonight, would have had a goal in that penalty box in the first half

I think we've been alright so far but regardless of how much we play up that this is a "touch match", it really isn't. Liechtenstein are absolutely pish and it should be this easy, it should be comfortable.

Just because we made a complete hash of the game at Hampden doesn't mean that this should be anything other than 2/3-0 and a routine win.

shaun.lawson

I think we've been alright so far but regardless of how much we play up that this is a "touch match", it really isn't. Liechtenstein are absolutely pish and it should be this easy, it should be comfortable.

Just because we made a complete hash of the game at Hampden doesn't mean that this should be anything other than 2/3-0 and a routine win.

Correct. It still requires a professional performance - but professional performances are what any half decent side routinely manage.

And the thing is, while this looks like being Scotland's first competitive away win in an awfully long time, the level of improvement required for all your away games in the World Cup qualifiers is very significant indeed. Merely to win in Macedonia - never mind pick up so much as a point away to any of Wales, Belgium, Serbia or Croatia - will require a settled, confident team, which had been through the transition and was now ready to roll. I'm having a hard time seeing Scotland getting much, if any, joy in those games; the key looking ahead will be to turn Hampden into a fortress, which I think is eminently achievable.

Of course, if you now do the unthinkable and win away to the World Champions in a European Championship qualifier for the second time in your history, all bets would then be off. :ninja:

Naismith dive on the edge of the box at around 43 mins? no mention as is the norm but easily WORSE than o'connors for the wee team. rant over (sorry if late but watching on delayed tv)

We'll get the usual guff about there being 'no easy games' at this level after us huffing and puffing against the might of Leichtenstein but I'm reckoning Spain will have one on Tuesday.

Naismith dive on the edge of the box at around 43 mins? no mention as is the norm but easily WORSE than o'connors for the wee team. rant over (sorry if late but watching on delayed tv)

Exactly! And if Miko takes a dive to send us through nobody in this country would complain, and rightly so.

Only watched the second half, we won however we have to be realistic we were playing a side whos nations population is 35,000.

The crowd was 6,000 by all accounts vast majority were Scots gives a new meaning to football fans invading the oppositions homeland.

From what I saw it was comfortable but we looked lazy on the ball there seemed to be no drive or passion. Is it any wonder some on here

actually can't stand watching Scotland.

In my opinion Temps would have torn their left back a new one.

I fear as above Spain will humiliate us come tuesday.

ToadKiller Dog

How does Forrest get a game???

Agree Surely Danny Swansong is a better choice ,stronger more direct .

Thought Scotland played ok but final ball choice was poor at times .

At least we do look like a team and CL has installed a work effort

A few bad offside decision might have stopped us also .

We are improving but i dont expect anythng wednesday .

Teuchterjambo

Barry Bannan - typifies everything that is wrong with Scottish football. Yet another tanner ba' player who is more likely to disappear up his own backside than do anything useful. When will we learn that these guys just don't cut it at international level - seen it all before with Maloney, Wallace (ex Celtic one) etc - when they break through they look exciting and all that but once teams suss them it is curtains and the higher the level the more ineffective they are and now we are introducing Forrest ffs - it just doesn't work at that level.

I LOVE the Great Highland Bagpipes!

My girlfriend plays them and has done for almost 20 years, and I love to hear her play them! As does everyone who hears her play when we do our gigs around the country. Even tourists from all over the world will cheer like crazy when she plays!

They are an amazing instrument!

I really wish that whinging ignoramuses like you (Eckauskas) would just grow a sense of appreciation for them... or at least a bit of tolerance. Surely you have SOME class?

Hmmm... maybe not.

Teuchterjambo

My girlfriend plays them and has done for almost 20 years, and I love to hear her play them! As does everyone who hears her play when we do our gigs around the country. Even tourists from all over the world will cheer like crazy when she plays!

I really wish that whinging ignoramuses like you (Eckauskas) would just grow a sense of appreciation for them... or at least a bit of tolerance. Surely you have SOME class?

Hmmm... maybe not.

Eternal optimist !

They are an utter head nip.

Bags o wind are that.

Hmmm... maybe not.

So now were hoping for a Lithuanian favour for Scotland for us to reach the playoffs.

Im wondering if they do the business for us, a certain club owner may be a little :verysmug:

That was utter garbage. If we can't beat a side like that by 4 or 5, we might as well give up.

So now were hoping for a Lithuanian favour for Scotland for us to reach the playoffs.

Im wondering if they do the business for us, a certain club owner may be a little :verysmug:

Scotland will get beat.

The Liths wont win.

Campaign over.

It's in the script. :ninja:

Some rasper in the crowd with a bagpipe :vrface:

I'd hate to be stuck beside him.

laugh.gifbiggrin.gif said the same to Mrs vintage (and she told me off) nothing against the bagpipes but 90 mins right next to me would nae be the best. Maybe I've been in the Gorgie too long tongue.gif

That was utter garbage. If we can't beat a side like that by 4 or 5, we might as well give up.

Czech Republic only beat them by two so they may as well give up too.

With crisper finishing it would have been 5. This is a qualifying competition, performances mean absolutely hee haw, we got exactly what we needed, a result!! :woot:

Agree with somebody above who said it was lazy.

We seemed very comfortable and passed it around nicely but the concentration in their end seemed lax.

On a sidenote, diving and playacting doesn't suit us we should stop asap.

Coburg Hearts

I couldn't blame Miko, if, on Tuesday,........................................he wins a penalty deep into time added on, with the Czecks winning 1-0. He brushes himself down, runs up, and blazes the ball high over the bar.

He runs up the park, punching the air as he goes and lifts his top, revealing the letters...FTSFA. Could anyone REALLY blame him?

I know I couldn't.

Chris Benoit

I couldn't blame Miko, if, on Tuesday,........................................he wins a penalty deep into time added on, with the Czecks winning 1-0. He brushes himself down, runs up, and blazes the ball high over the bar.

He runs up the park, punching the air as he goes and lifts his top, revealing the letters...FTSFA. Could anyone REALLY blame him?

I know I couldn't.

Can't see it happening to be fair :ermm:

I know I couldn't.

I dont think the boys good enough to even get as far as the box :whistling:

I thought we were very good. Then we scored and dropped about 4 gears and never recovered.

There are spells of excellent football under Levein, but whether it is his natural caution or something else, we can't sustain it and revert to a far slower tempo with less adventure, and we aren't strong enough defensively to do that.

Harry Palmer

If the Czechs were to draw....we'd need to equal it.

If he scored the winner.....hell if Captain Zal scored the winner....

:ninja:

Hackney Hearts

Of course, if you now do the unthinkable and win away to the World Champions in a European Championship qualifier for the second time in your history, all bets would then be off. :ninja:

We've also won away to the Runner-Up World Champions in a European Championship qualifier - and a lot more recently - so you never know. But I think we'd be safer relying on Lithuania, to be honest.

Hackney Hearts

If we can't beat a side like that by 4 or 5, we might as well give up.

Even the world champions couldn't manage 5...

Drums can produce fantastic sounds, but I wouldn't want to sit beside someone playing one at a football match either. Nor a trombone, piano or harmonica.

I trust this clarifies matters :thumbsup:

Don't worry about Eckauskas he's Irish

Thoroughly irrelevant, and factually incorrect.

:verysmug:

It actually astounds me that someone could be so self involved, that they get all precious about someone who doesn't like bagpipe music :laugh:

Some people, honestly, need to try living in the world outside of Scotland.

Chris Benoit

Eck I always thought you were Irish?

Agree with what you say about bagpipes, there's a time and place for them and it certainly is not when your trying to watch a game of football

Eck I always thought you were Irish?

Agree with what you say about bagpipes, there's a time and place for them and it certainly is not when your trying to watch a game of football

Northern Irish mate :thumbsup:

Nah, apparently it shows a lack of class to not appreciate the dulcet tones of a piper at a football match. Perhaps Arsenal could invite the New York Philharmonic to one of their games to liven the place up.

Chris Benoit

Northern Irish mate :thumbsup:

Nah, apparently it shows a lack of class to not appreciate the dulcet tones of a piper at a football match. Perhaps Arsenal could invite the New York Philharmonic to one of their games to liven the place up.

Right enough :thumbsup:

i reckon we are in with a chanc of a draw, spain have qualified, may want to give some second string a chance(given that they are still quality) but scotland have always given everything in these game and surprised at times. We can defend even if it is last ditch, have faith, funnier things have happened!!

i reckon we are in with a chanc of a draw, spain have qualified, may want to give some second string a chance(given that they are still quality) but scotland have always given everything in these game and surprised at times. We can defend even if it is last ditch, have faith, funnier things have happened!!

Agree, got to have hope and it can be done.

Think there should be piper there to encourage the boys. I love the sound of the pipes. Agree with others I wouldn't want him standing next to me, but if they could arrange for him to be perched on a floodlight pylon or something. The sound of a distant piper is far superior to one in the same room.

Can't wait till we get the right results on Tuesday for all the raspers to come on to tell us how crap Scotland are and we'll get beat in the play offs. Then when we get through, they'll come on to tell us how crap we are and how we wont get out our group. Then when we do they'll come on to tell us how crap Scotland are and how we are never going to win it. then when we win it I'm sure they'll come to say how lucky we were!

Guest Dipped Flake

It actually astounds me that someone could be so self involved, that they get all precious about someone who doesn't like bagpipe music :laugh:

Some people, honestly, need to try living in the world outside of Scotland.

What a fantastic idea, why not take your own advice

Czechs to win by two and scotland to lose by at least four. No need to get excited for the next 2 days to be honest.

shaun.lawson

Predictions:

Lithuania 1-2 Czech Republic (late Czech winner)

Spain 4-1 Scotland (Scotland scoring first)

But if Levein can summon up the spirit of Bordeaux for one night, you never know.

Ricardo Quaresma

Lithuania 2-1 Czech Republic (Lithuanian Penalty)

Spain V Scotland irrelevant

:)

Can't wait till we get the right results on Tuesday for all the raspers to come on to tell us how crap Scotland are and we'll get beat in the play offs. Then when we get through, they'll come on to tell us how crap we are and how we wont get out our group. Then when we do they'll come on to tell us how crap Scotland are and how we are never going to win it. then when we win it I'm sure they'll come to say how lucky we were!

Will be delighted if we get the results we need on Tuesday.

Levein will have been proven right in the 'coward' strategies and I will be wrong. I was at the last finals we qualified for and it was far far too long ago.

Archived