Liechtenstein V Scotland

Ricardo Quaresma

Chris Benoit

Can't wait till we get the right results on Tuesday for all the raspers to come on to tell us how crap Scotland are and we'll get beat in the play offs. Then when we get through, they'll come on to tell us how crap we are and how we wont get out our group. Then when we do they'll come on to tell us how crap Scotland are and how we are never going to win it. then when we win it I'm sure they'll come to say how lucky we were!

Yeah that's not going to happen

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a fantastic idea, why not take your own advice

I already have mate :thumbsup:

Oddly enough, Engish people don't start greeting and get all humpty when you tell them you don't like crumpets :o

Sheriff Fatman

I already have mate :thumbsup:

Oddly enough, Engish people don't start greeting and get all humpty when you tell them you don't like crumpets :o

But tell them that Morris dancers are border line cross dressers and they get very shirty.

Eck I always thought you were Irish?

Agree with what you say about bagpipes, there's a time and place for them and it certainly is not when your trying to watch a game of football

agree with this. I personally love the sound of the 'pipes, but for 90mins it's a bit much. On the march to the stadium, yes. a bit at half time, yes. For giving the fans and the team a bit of a lift at times during the game, yes. But the full 90mins, no.

I would love to see Scotland reach a major tournament that I can get to now that i'm old enough to be trusted out by myself, but having seen us lose out at the last minute in better positions than this I won't be getting a semi until about 15mins after the game finishes

But tell them that Morris dancers are border line cross dressers and they get very shirty.

:biggrin:

Always optimistic, one of these days fortune has to decide to go with us rather than take us to the brink and decide not to bother.

Maybe it'll be tomorrow. Probably not though. Ho hum.

agree with this. I personally love the sound of the 'pipes, but for 90mins it's a bit much. On the march to the stadium, yes. a bit at half time, yes. For giving the fans and the team a bit of a lift at times during the game, yes. But the full 90mins, no.

I would love to see Scotland reach a major tournament that I can get to now that i'm old enough to be trusted out by myself, but having seen us lose out at the last minute in better positions than this I won't be getting a semi until about 15mins after the game finishes

Maybe missed this earlier in the thread but do pipers really play for the whole 90 minutes at Scotland away matches?

I only ask because I don't think I've ever been to see them anywhere but Hampden and I don't remember it happening there. Would take an impressive amount of stamina. ohmy.gif

I think I'd prefer Scotland to get utterly hounded rather than have to listen to the pathetic simpering from those who actively WISH for "glorious failure".

Guest Dipped Flake

Maybe missed this earlier in the thread but do pipers really play for the whole 90 minutes at Scotland away matches?

I only ask because I don't think I've ever been to see them anywhere but Hampden and I don't remember it happening there. Would take an impressive amount of stamina. ohmy.gif

No, they have never played for the whole game whenever I've been there. In the Lichtenstein game, the bagpipes were played for a couple of minutes, maybe 3 or 4 times in the match. Of course this was enough to annoy some posters, even though they have no interest in the Scotland football team; a bit weird if you ask me but if it keeps them happy.

1.The piper sounded shit

2 It was more than 3 or 4 times

3.It was the same couple of songs

Now I really like bagpipes, had a piper at my wedding last year but I would hate to be at the football and have some shit piper blowing away for the 90 mins.

A piper would be bad sitting at Tynecastle on a Saturday afternooon.

Away at a Scotland game where the Scotland fans would be in full on party mode and able to stand, it would be pretty cool.

nah, i was replying in response to the comment earlier about 'if' they did. As I said, I don't mind them, but i see why people get annoyed.

jamboinglasgow

1.The piper sounded shit

2 It was more than 3 or 4 times

3.It was the same couple of songs

Now I really like bagpipes, had a piper at my wedding last year but I would hate to be at the football and have some shit piper blowing away for the 90 mins.

Thats the problem, I like the pipes as well, my brother plays them, but if they are played badly they sound bad and when it is the same song over and over again it is poor. Its like pipers busking in town during the festival, there are usually quite a few pipers who busk who are quite frankly not that good but get lots of money as the tourists think thats how it should sound. If you are going to play pipes at a Scotland game at least be a decent piper and know more then a few songs.

nah, i was replying in response to the comment earlier about 'if' they did. As I said, I don't mind them, but i see why people get annoyed.

I love the sound of pipes but only from a distance.

Can you imagine someone playing them under that roof on the Main Stand? blink.gif

Definitely a hobby best kept for big open spaces, with humans and their ears at a very safe distance.

Archived