• Last Reply
jamboinglasgow

I reckon the team will be:

McGregor

Hutton Caldwell Berra Bardsley

Adam Cowie

Morrison Naismith Bannan

Mackail-Smith

I think Levein will set us out to attack but caution the team against getting caught on any break like we got caught out at home.

Prince Buaben

I reckon the team will be:

McGregor

Hutton Caldwell Berra Bardsley

Adam Cowie

Morrison Naismith Bannan

Mackail-Smith

I think Levein will set us out to attack but caution the team against getting caught on any break like we got caught out at home.

I would say that probably be the team. Miller wont be risked just incase we still have a chance v Spain.

Although i wonder if Czech beat spain if some fringe players may play.

McGregor

Bardsley Berra Caldwell Wallace

Adam Fletcher©

Robson Naismith Bannan

Mackail-Smith

Personally I'd go with Robson, adds experience and a bit of fight, which I think he has and others lack.

alwaysthereinspirit

Either way with Spain result, a win would still be good

How will Levein approach this one?

Any surprise inclusions?

I would imagine that Super Craig will play 11 behind the ball for the first hour just to get a feel for their attacking prowess. After the first 60 its all bets off and all out attack with a solitary forward (to be named) leading the charge.

Liechtenstein wont know whats hit them.

Buffalo Bill

I would imagine that Super Craig will play 11 behind the ball for the first hour just to get a feel for their attacking prowess. After the first 60 its all bets off and all out attack with a solitary forward (to be named) leading the charge.

...and that forward had better track back at corners.

Think that's a bit adventurous for Levein, more likely to be an all out 4-6-0 if we're still holding on for a draw in the 85th minute.

Scotland will not win this match.

McGregor

Bardsley Berra Caldwell Wallace

Adam Fletcher?

Robson Naismith Bannan

Mackail-Smith

Personally I'd go with Robson, adds experience and a bit of fight, which I think he has and others lack.

Fletcher is out with tonsilitis. rumour is he will play McManus and Berra at back with Caldwell as defensive midfielder. Could be:

McGregor

Bardsley Berra McManus Wallace

Caldwell

Robson Adam Dorrans Naismith

Mackail-Smith

Fletcher is out with tonsilitis. rumour is he will play McManus and Berra at back with Caldwell as defensive midfielder. Could be:

McGregor

Bardsley Berra McManus Wallace

Caldwell

Robson Adam Dorrans Naismith

Mackail-Smith

That's 12 players......... ;) ;) ;)

Whoosh........

Sorry bud, couldn't resist!

:)

I wasnt sure if you were having fun or were serious.thumbsup.gif

linkin- hearts

I think Levein will be practising his resignation speech,I read somewhere that Uncle Walter might be going back into international managment can't think who else would want him.

jamboinglasgow

I think Levein will be practising his resignation speech,I read somewhere that Uncle Walter might be going back into international managment can't think who else would want him.

Please no, it will be a case of Scotland going for the easy short term option rather then fixing us long term. In fact who was the last Scottish Scottish manager to complete at least 1 full qualifying campaign and get a chance at another (i.e. more then 2 games.) I think Vogts may be the last one.

Personsally I'd go with Berra and McManus at the back. Miles better than Caldwell any day.

Caldwell is twice the player that McManus is.

Not that that says much mind you.

Prenticeonthewing

Caldwell is twice the player that McManus is.

Not that that says much mind you.

Sadly two times ZERO still equates to a BIG ZILCH..........

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Can't keep sacking managers after every failed campaign. It's ridiculous.

We are better now than we were a year ago.

shaun.lawson

:Agree:

AP and JiG = the speakers of sense on this thread.

Depends on the nature of the fail to be fair.

Only Burley has been sacked.

Smith & Mcleish both walked.

We have really not performed when it matters in this campaign.

alicante jambo

Someone please help me out here does anyone rate caldwell?I personally think he is the worst footballer EVER to play for our country.

Smoked-Glass

Someone please help me out here does anyone rate caldwell?I personally think he is the worst footballer EVER to play for our country.

gary caldwell is 2ND worst player to play for us. Steven Caldwell is the worst.

at least Gary scored a winner against France and has had some other good games, not many i might add.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Depends on the nature of the fail to be fair.

Only Burley has been sacked.

Smith & Mcleish both walked.

We have really not performed when it matters in this campaign.

Should have said we can't change managers after every campaign.

Vogts, Smith, McLeish, Burley, Levein all in quick succession.

Finishing third behind Spain and Czech isn't a fail for me. It's all about building a team right now.

Either way with Spain result, a win would still be good

How will Levein approach this one?

Any surprise inclusions?

Who cares we all know we wont go through :whistling: and levein is toast :thumbsup: now who is next bring back Ally McLeod :thumbsup:

Should have said we can't change managers after every campaign.

Vogts, Smith, McLeish, Burley, Levein all in quick succession.

Finishing third behind Spain and Czech isn't a fail for me. It's all about building a team right now.

Finishing third would be exactly where UEFA expected us to finish - that's why we're seeded there. I'd like to finish top-two (of course) but I agree with AP - if we finish third it's not a fail IF we've developed as a squad and are able to get some better results in the WC qualifying.

You know, looking back on results, was the defeat away at Georgia (when a win would have guaranteed us 2nd spot) the worst result for years? Not finishing 2nd gave McLeish an easy-out, brought in Burley and he was hopeless with Scotland. Set us back a few years.....

Levein will be SFA boss one day....and probably wants to succeed Platini at UEFA.

think Wattie is being mentioned for the GB Olympic team....well by the Sun anyway.

The Comedian

If we give our all, we should secure that 0-0 draw that Levein craves already. Not too shabby against Euro cracks Liechtenstein.

Ricardo Quaresma

we all know we wont go through :whistling: and levein is toast :thumbsup: now who is next bring back Ally McLeod :thumbsup:

Caring enough to reply 'Who cares'; priceless, se?or Barry

90716719.png

PS - Craig needs more time

Based on...

...A couple of friendly wins like N Ireland reserves and Wales U21s? I really don't give a stuff about friendlies. Remember we beat the Czech's in his first game but couldn't (and didn't deserve to) beat them recently when it mattered. The Czech's have improved since a year ago although not by much. We on the other hand, remain the same inconsistent shower we always were.

...Scraping through at the end (despite, admittedly dominating the first half) against Lithuania?

...Actually playing a forward in each game? Levein should have been asked by his bosses to explain 4-6-0 and then shown the door.

I think Chick Young and his ilk keep feeding us that line and some of us swallow it. Not for me I'm afraid.

I'm a huge Scotland fan and can't recall being less excited about our team under Levein. We had to win our three home games outwith Spain and win in Lithuania and Liechtenstein so for me this campaign is a huge flop.

I said at the time of his appointment that Levein was never a Scotland manager. He has succeeded at club level due to filling his team with big, strong, defensive players and a battering ram forward. IMO his Hearts team is the reason we were called a big, physical side for so long. He did the same at Dundee Utd. At Leicester and with Scotland he couldn't/can't build a team to outmuscle his opponent. At Leicester he couldn't do it because all the teams in the Championship are filled with monsters and with scotland he can't do it because he can't sign players and our physical make up in Scotland just isn't the same as other countries.

For me, the 97th minute winner against Liechtenstein saved him although part of me thinks the media would have still said give him time. He bought himself more time with heroic FAILURE against Spain immediately after the 4-6-0 debacle.

You can only imagine what the media would have been saying had this campaign been "masterminded" by Vogts or Burley who couldn't buy Levein's relationship with the press if they had the keys to Fort Knox, yet Levein had the cheek to have a pop at them recently!!!

Says it all really, Levein is a man under prssure and I think he knows it.

Sexton Hardcastle

Pretty confident we will take 3 points in Vaduz and possibly even sneak a draw against Spain.

But i can see it being over tonight. Czech Republic to see out a draw and easily beat Lithuania away.

The Lithuanian squad is apparently half non capped players.

Sexton Hardcastle

Goalkeepers: ?ydr?nas Kar?emarskas (Gaziantepspor), Ernestas ?etkus (Olympiakos Nicosia FC), Marius Rapalis (VMFD ?algiris).

Defenders: Marius Stankevi?ius (S.S. Lazio), Ar?nas Klimavi?ius (FC Zhetysu Taldykorgan), Ram?nas Radavi?ius (FK Ekranas), Andrius Skerla (Jagiellonia Bia?ystok), Deividas ?esnauskis (Baki FK), Marius ?ali?kas (Heart of Midlothian FC), Vytautas Andriu?kevi?ius (KS Lechia Gda?sk).

Midfielders: K?stutis Iva?kevi?ius (Bnei Yehuda Tel-Aviv FC), Mindaugas Panka (RTS Widzew ??d?), Saulius Mikoli?nas (FC Arsenal Kiyv), Linas Pilibaitis (Gy?ri ETO FC), Marius Pap?ys (1. FK P??bram), Arvydas Novikovas (Heart of Midlothian FC), Gediminas Vi?ius (FC Shakhter Karagandy).

Forwards: Darvydas ?ernas (Zag??bie Lubin), Tomas Danilevi?ius (AS Livorno Calcio), Robertas Po?kus (Simurq PFK), Arsenij Buinickij (FK Dainava).

Who knows actually

Fletcher is back in the squad having recovered from Tonsilitis.

Wonder what the Scottish media will say if Novi scores the winner against Czech Rep on Wednesday. Dont think they could cope with having to praise a hearts player.

rossthejambo

Wonder what the Scottish media will say if Novi scores the winner against Czech Rep on Wednesday. Dont think they could cope with having to praise a hearts player.

I was thinking the same thing but was thinking more if Miko scored it. They'd be spewing :lol:

Ricardo Quaresma

I was thinking the same thing but was thinking more if Miko scored it. They'd be spewing :lol:

Either would be fizzingly good

:lol:

Until we gat an excellent manager we will never amount to anything.

Craig Levein is a good, competent manager. He is a manger who will have teams finishing 3rd ? he is a very good ?best of the rest? manager.

However, Scotland don?t need him to finish 3rd as we were doing it every very well before he came.

We want a winner. Levein?s Scottish cup win with DU a few years back is all he has EVER won in the game as player and manager.

We need a Strachan or a Souness.

This is where the SFA come in. They need to splash the cash. They must have enough of it from all the fines we have paid them over the years.

Until this day happened Scotland will NEVER qualify for a major tournament.

NEVER.

Craig Levein is a good, competent manager. He is a manger who will have teams finishing 3rd ? he is a very good ?best of the rest? manager.

However, Scotland don?t need him to finish 3rd as we were doing it every very well before he came.

We want a winner. Levein?s Scottish cup win with DU a few years back is all he has EVER won in the game as player and manager.

This is where the SFA come in. They need to splash the cash. They must have enough of it from all the fines we have paid them over the years.

NEVER.

Craig Brown did pretty well considering his previous managerial background!

Although, I do agree that CL will never take us to a major tournament.

rossthejambo

NEVER.

Craig Levein didn't actually win the Scottish Cup, was Peter Houston.

Kinda agree with what you're saying but I'm willing to give him time to prove me wrong before properly slating him.

Patrick Bateman

Levein has been far, far too negative and has failed to get the best out of a decent group of players. Throw in the fact he's ostracised our best striker, then if we fail to qualify there really is only one way for him to go. We simply weren't good enough away to Lithuania or at home to the Czechs.

Levein has been far, far too negative and has failed to get the best out of a decent group of players. Throw in the fact he's ostracised our best striker, then if we fail to qualify there really is only one way for him to go. We simply weren't good enough away to Lithuania or at home to the Czechs.

who is our best striker?

I would love it if Miko scored to put Scotland into the play offs, just to see the Scottish media squirming at the prospect of having to thank him after the disgusting way they went after him a few years ago.

No doubt they'd be brazen enough to pretend like all of that never happened, or they'd say he 'owed' it to us or something. Richard Gordon's opinion in particular would be interesting to hear.

Having said all that, we'll probably draw or lose to Liechtenstein tomorrow and it'll all be over.

jack D and coke

I was reasonably happy when he got the job but he does my t*ts in now and i wish somebody would tell the tw*t to smarten himself up, he looks a right jakey at times.

Ultra negative and I fear i8 is right. We're toiling to get anywhere with him at the helm.

shaun.lawson

Think that's a bit adventurous for Levein, more likely to be an all out 4-6-0 if we're still holding on for a draw in the 85th minute.

Scotland will not win this match.

Having said all that, we'll probably draw or lose to Liechtenstein tomorrow and it'll all be over.

I simply can't get my head round comments like these. Scotland will win 2-0 tomorrow, minimum.

jamboinglasgow

I simply can't get my head round comments like these. Scotland will win 2-0 tomorrow, minimum.

Shaun you have a lot to learn about the Scottish psyche. We always expect the worst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqgkZDbe4Xk

That sums us up (apologies for the language.) Everything is awful, we are the lowest of the low but the saddest part for me is that we expect things to change but dont have optimism or patience to let change happen. We are a nation of moaners who have had no right to. A nation who is to much with our heads looking behind us concentrating too much at what we were like in the past and how great it seemed to be that we are surprised when we aren't moving forward.

Archived