Hearts "Fans bar" ( merged )

7628mm

44 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I find it a bit soulless TBH.

We prefer to call it minimalist these days. I watched a world cup match there and I thought it was fine. Hopefully, once it has a name, appropriate wall decoration will take place. 

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

• Fxxx the SPFL

• ...a bit disco

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

We prefer to call it minimalist these days. I watched a world cup match there and I thought it was fine. Hopefully, once it has a name, appropriate wall decoration will take place. 

I don't think the open 'industrial' ceiling helps TBH, however I agree a bit of decoration and more memorabilia will improve it. 

highlandjambo3

To clarify, is the fans bar on the ground floor and, is the strongbow lounge on the first floor?  I have hospitality in the strongbow lounge on Saturday and don’t want to get it wrong mixing with the rif raf ?....... only joshing.  The last time (the only time) I was in the new stand was the day it opened and none of the lounges were ready 

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

To clarify, is the fans bar on the ground floor and, is the strongbow lounge on the first floor?  I have hospitality in the strongbow lounge on Saturday and don’t want to get it wrong mixing with the rif raf ?....... only joshing.  The last time (the only time) I was in the new stand was the day it opened and none of the lounges were ready 

Hospitality on first floor

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Kid Creole said:

can you access the concourse of the Gorgie Stand to get to the Wheatfield, or must you walk back along Gorgie Road ?

You can access yes 

I really like the fans’ bar. It’s great that the money goes direct to the club. If I feel like a different atmosphere, I’ll go to one of the local pubs. 

I also really like the exposed pipes and vents etc. These hung ceilings with tegged tiles look utterly shit. Like hospitals or schools.

42 minutes ago, Bez said:

I really like the fans’ bar. It’s great that the money goes direct to the club. If I feel like a different atmosphere, I’ll go to one of the local pubs. 

I also really like the exposed pipes and vents etc. These hung ceilings with tegged tiles look utterly shit. Like hospitals or schools.

This. I like the exposed pipes etc aswell.

Most modern bars do this look now anyway. See Brewdog on Lothian Road:

LothianRdOpen_2.jpg

17 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

This. I like the exposed pipes etc aswell.

Most modern bars do this look now anyway. See Brewdog on Lothian Road:

LothianRdOpen_2.jpg

Yep, hung ceilings just feel claustrophobic and imposing. No ta. :thumbsup:

23 minutes ago, Bez said:

Yep, hung ceilings just feel claustrophobic and imposing. No ta. :thumbsup:

Don't go for a pie in the main stand then.

?

21 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Don't go for a pie in the main stand then.

?

I have. Don’t like that about it. Prefer the high ceilings in the back of the Wheatfield. 

5 minutes ago, Bez said:

I have. Don’t like that about it. Prefer the high ceilings in the back of the Wheatfield. 

The Beers are a decent price in the Fans Bar as well m8.

9 minutes ago, Bez said:

I never thought you were such a sensitive soul. 

?

2 hours ago, Bez said:

Agreed. I think the fans bar is excellent

6 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

What's it like for getting entry straight after a match?

As someone else said earlier, it’s 140/50 people at a time. My seat is high up in R, and it takes me ages to get out. I get there with a queue of about four people in front of me normally. Usually only takes about ten minutes to get in. I refuse to leave early.

10 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

What's it like for getting entry straight after a match?

If I come home drunk the wife is usually reluctant to allow entry after a game.

7 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

If I come home drunk the wife is usually reluctant to allow entry after a game.

HH, you mean entry to the house, right? ;)

pettigrewsstylist

Not been in bar yet. Presumably you have to exit bar to enter stadium guys? I.e its not actually part of stadium for entry/exit purposes? 

37 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Not been in bar yet. Presumably you have to exit bar to enter stadium guys? I.e its not actually part of stadium for entry/exit purposes? 

Correct. You leave the bar to enter the stadium, and leave the stadium to enter the bar, so to speak. :thumbsup:

pettigrewsstylist
16 minutes ago, Bez said:

Correct. You leave the bar to enter the stadium, and leave the stadium to enter the bar, so to speak. :thumbsup:

Say that after half a dozen!!! Cheers fir clarifying tho Bez?

4 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Say that after half a dozen!!! Cheers fir clarifying tho Bez?

:thumbsup:

Only 140/50 allowed in at a time though. I sit in R which is really close to it, but I leave at the final whistle and usually have a three or four person queue to wait in. That doesn’t take long though. Service at bar has always been really quick too.

35 minutes ago, londonjambo said:

I wish I'd thought of that. Oh wait .... 

:lol:

First thing I thought of. When’s the next one mate?

gerry mccauley
On 04/05/2018 at 18:39, portobellojambo1 said:

I don't drink beer or lager, nothing but vodka and it is difficult to go wrong with that irrespective of where you drink. The main deciding factor becomes cost. Why pay £6 in town, for example, when you can buy it locally for just over a £1 and it creates the same end result but at a lower overall cost. Anyway, to the point, I'm guessing that this new bar will sink or swim based on the brands of beer/lager on offer. More so as if most of the people who tend to hang about after games drinking in Gorgie do try this bar and aren't taken by the liquid on offer they can then head for their regular haunts.

Some sense in what your saying regarding nips, but a pint varies less in price. And a £3.50 circa pint should suit most folk. Say tenents

*or a few Bob extra kronenberg etc.

It’s reasonably priced atm. Sub £4.00 for a pint of Birra Moretti is cheaper than most pubs in the area, for a good quality beer.

been here before

Fair enough with the name but why not The 1874 or The Eighteen Seventy Four?

Whats this Eighteen 74 nonsense about?

Edited by been here before

highlandjambo3

I see it’s opening as a cafe Monday to Friday.  I have asked them to think about displaying a menu of sorts.  Am sure visitors to the museum, plot ceremonies, a war of 2 half’s ect would frequent this place.

p.s.  Am a bit of a foodie and tend to look in detail where and when I will eat out next........... no fat boy comments now ?

12 minutes ago, been here before said:

Fair enough with the name but why not The 1874 or The Eighteen Seventy Four?

Whats this Eighteen 74 nonsense about?

Just trying to make it quirky, I suppose. 

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, Bez said:

It’s reasonably priced atm. Sub £4.00 for a pint of Birra Moretti is cheaper than most pubs in the area, for a good quality beer.

I thought the same, and a good pint that Moretti.

5 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I thought the same, and a good pint that Moretti.

Yep. Don’t know of any other bars that sell it in the area, and whenever I’ve bought in more centrally it’s been pricey as. ?

Edited by Bez

4 minutes ago, Bez said:

Yep. Don’t know of any other bars that sell it in the area, and whenever someone else has bankrupted themselves to feed my sooking habit more centrally it’s been pricey as. ?

Indeed.

Edited by Oliver Twist