Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO

queensferryjambo

Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO  

1,409 members have voted

1. 1. Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO

• We should have patience and he should STAY
    • This is a failed experiment he should GO

The same guy who brought in Osman Sow !!!!!!  Need I say more. You win some you lose some.

There has been many, many more losers!!

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bazzas right boot

And write off another season after he inevitably gets sacked?

Giving him the summer just gives him time to do more damage.

Maybe, but maybe not.

I'd taken a longer term view at the start, I'll stick with that.

Completely disagree, we have progressed very well the past 3 years. Don't see how we've been "set back years".

Very dramatic.

We have stalled now, but I'm confident we'll get back on track.

The mgt change wasn't at a good time and we made too many changes. Most on here supported these changes. It hasn't worked, we go again, i have confidence they will get us back on the upward trend that we were on before January.

I think we're talking more about Cathro right now so how can we have progressed in three years when he's only been in charge this season.

It's all very well saying let's stick with what we've got and hope, recent events don't give much enthusiasm.

But let's be honest here, we're a selling club, and whenever we do assemble a decent squad of players plus a good manager the squad eventually like other clubs gets broken up then we are left with mediocre players, plus the manager moves on, having said that the club should recognise when things are going pear-shaped and should address accordingly, surely Levein and Budge know this, so if the DOF isn't prepared to say anything then it's up to Ann Budge.

Most of history's important discoveries have came through experimentation. Most made mistakes but thankfully persisted in their endeavour & personal belief that what they were attempting would eventually succeed.

Cathro may be seen as an experiment, which could fail, or be a success. When you implement such a radical change in philosophy against more tried & tested methods you have to be more patient.

I so want it to work, not only so we can stick the middle finger up at those ex pros & media fuds, but more so because it might be the making of us for a long time to come.

If this was either of the OF trying this, they would be seen as pioneers or world leaders in their field.

Most of history's important discoveries have came through experimentation. Most made mistakes but thankfully persisted in their endeavour & personal belief that what they were attempting would eventually succeed.

Cathro may be seen as an experiment, which could fail, or be a success. When you implement such a radical change in philosophy against more tried & tested methods you have to be more patient.

I so want it to work, not only so we can stick the middle finger up at those ex pros & media fuds, but more so because it might be the making of us for a long time to come.

If this was either of the OF trying this, they would be seen as pioneers or world leaders in their field.

You're talking about the third best supported club in Scotland, I think we deserve more than that.

But let's be honest here, we're a selling club, and whenever we do assemble a decent squad of players plus a good manager the squad eventually like other clubs gets broken up then we are left with mediocre players, plus the manager moves on, having said that the club should recognise when things are going pear-shaped and should address accordingly, surely Levein and Budge know this, so if the DOF isn't prepared to say anything then it's up to Ann Budge.

But we're not selling at the right price or nothing at all

Bazzas right boot

I think we're talking more about Cathro right now so how can we have progressed in three years when he's only been in charge this season.

The poster i responded to said Cathro and Levien are setting us back years.

I disagree.

The poster i responded to said Cathro and Levien are setting us back years.

I disagree.

Fair enough, but the main thread is about Cathro.

I want to see what the summer brings.

I'm determined that Cathro be given until Christmas.

If he can't make it work with his team and strategy by that point then he's done.

There's no way this is the team he plans to take forward into next season.

Next two games will determine what will happen. Especially in Perth!

Agreed.

You're talking about the third best supported club in Scotland, I think we deserve more than that.

So we keep telling ourselves, but as the so called third best supported club, how successful have we really been? We've won 3 SC' in my lifetime of supporting Hearts. So tell me what do we deserve?

So we keep telling ourselves, but as the so called third best supported club, how successful have we really been? We've won 3 SC' in my lifetime of supporting Hearts. So tell me what do we deserve?

Deserve perhaps not the appropriate word, expectation probably a better description.

Deserve perhaps not the appropriate word, expectation probably a better description.

Yes, I expect much more too. Needs more time imo.

Nelly Terraces

Not a single person I know rates this guy or thinks he should still be here.

The worst manager since Tony Ford.

He won't go, Levein will never admit he's ****ed in and Budge won't have the baws to tell him or even better, sack him. Stuck in one gigantic whole praying the summer comes good.

And what happens if he's somehow a success? He will be offski and the same cycle will happen again.

black stump

Can we really afford to waste another season though with the possibility that this dreadful run of results continue under his guidance?

Season's over really, changing managers now would let us get a head start on next season I suppose, but I still think he will come good.

Another few games isn't going to make much difference. Except to attendances maybe...

I want to see what the summer brings.

I'm determined that Cathro be given until Christmas.

If he can't make it work with his team and strategy by that point then he's done.

There's no way this is the team he plans to take forward into next season.

Why should he get until Christmas?

The same answer when persisting with Jack Hamilton - pray like anything they come good so they can give It the whole "told you so" I'm guessing.

The same answer when persisting with Jack Hamilton - pray like anything they come good so they can give It the whole "told you so" I'm guessing.

Cruyff Turn

This polls bullshit. Every time someone takes a vote from stay to go, two votes are added to stay.

Taking none of his current tenure into consideration because I see this season as a write off when he came.

From a fresh start which this will no doubt be. I'd rather we didn't have such drastic player turnover but it looks like happening.

You build the team in summer.

It takes the first 10 games to properly gel and gain an understanding. Not fully but enough. The best teams are given years to gel together but this will be a new team so let's go with the basics. If it's going to work then you have another 5 games that tells you roughly where the team is at when firing on all cylinders. By this point all players should be fully match fit and know each other well.

After that if it's still shit then Cathro has failed and must go and by extension Levein will have a tonne to answer for as well.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Cathro isn't helping but he's not the problem. The problem is the squad and the feeble players we keep signing over and over and over again. This summer transfer window promises to be another classic.

Cathro isn't helping but he's not the problem. The problem is the squad and the feeble players we keep signing over and over and over again. This summer transfer window promises to be another classic.

Look at all the players he signed in the winter window, bar goncalves they are all guff and he actually wants to keep a couple of them.

We could be staring into next season with no Paterson, Walker and Nicholson - do you trust him to replace them and build a core? No danger based on his record! The season might have been a write off then why bring in all the shite he has hoping he flukes it? There nothing positive about the guy at all.

Punt Levein from first team affairs and bring in someone tried and tested like JJ as manager with Cathro his number 2 and MacPhee becoming first team coach (a mixture of their philosophies seems to be what a lot of posters on here would like: a team that works for each other and puts a shift in for themselves and the club as well having the ability to play a quick passing game) - that's not to say I think it would be any better than current it's merely a speculative idea to build on what's already there.

Another speculative idea could be Gary Locke brought in either as first team coach and MacPhee being Cathro's assistant or vice versa, whilst still preventing Levein from being involved in first team affairs.

Before I get slaughtered for the above they are just ideas of a little change to current set up that could bring fans back onside of the footballing department at the club. With someone who has a decent Hearts background somewhere in the line of the management team I think the players would get a better understanding of the club as a whole and the fans would find defeats to so called lesser or smaller teams would be easier to take as we'd know that person would have the same feelings about it as we do but they could also relate that to the players and remove the current form of apathy that seems to be sweeping through the stands atm.

Something surely has to give at some point. I would love for this current 'experiment' to prevail and for the club to go from success to success because of it but currently I think we need Levein to have no say in anything other than the academy and someone who understands the club from the fans point of view (most preferably with some form of decent previous experience behind them) to be brought into the management team in some way.

I'm away to get a tin hat.

Nine players supposedly all his choice brought in January while we're second in the league. Wouldn't trust him in the next window. Got to go. Simple..!

Season's over really, changing managers now would let us get a head start on next season I suppose, but I still think he will come good.

Another few games isn't going to make much difference. Except to attendances maybe...

Lowers morale though.

Going by Cathro's performance so far, can we really trust him to totally re-construct our squad for next season??

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Anyone saying we should give him any time to ruin next season should be fecking ashamed. Some of you might be happy just staying but don't wish it on us you ***** :)

Lucille's Thirsty

I think Saints will comfortably dispose of us with that joker in charge wish he would shave his ginger beard too.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Going by Cathro's performance so far, can we really trust him to totally re-construct our squad for next season??

Probably not. But replacing him doesn't really solve the core problem.

Hans von Luck

Aint working troops time to face reality.

Houston / Pressley double act or get Alex Neil in. Nothing else in SPL worth going for.

Houston / Pressley double act or get Alex Neil in. Nothing else in SPL worth going for.

Correct but will these guys be willing to work under CL's rule? I doubt it.

Levein as manager or out entirely is the first step required.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Just don't see Alex Neil being realistic. Once you get down into the PL/Championship, Scottish football looks so small fry with the exception of Celtic

I believe hiring a decent manager is just as important as signing quality players.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I believe hiring a decent manager is just more important than signing quality players.

Ftfy

BonningtonJambo

Just don't see Alex Neil being realistic. Once you get down into the PL/Championship, Scottish football looks so small fry with the exception of Celtic

Well he failed down there comeback up build back up his reputation at a top club in scotland and try again in england hes a young manager

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

If you're going to quote my post then quote it in its entirety!

I fixed it for you! ;)

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Well he failed down there comeback up build back up his reputation at a top club in scotland and try again in england hes a young manager

You're making the assumption that no other English club will offer him a job

He didn't "fail" he got Norwich promoted before they couldn't compete and it went stale. No danger he will come in to being Leveins bitch. The reputation of the head coach at Hearts can't be a good one at the moment. God knows who would end up coming in.

Archived