Buffalo Bill

Aberdeen's new stadium...

communist
34 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Presumably when they built the massive stand at the Beach end they planned to redo the whole ground in a similar manner. what has changed since then?

Looks that way, but it totally dwarfs the other 3 stands. A total mess of a stadium currently. The first to be all seated (I think) and hasn't changed since.. they really have been left behind.

They don't often reach capacity so should be able to function with 3 stands and redevelop one stand at a time surely.

davemclaren
33 minutes ago, communist said:

Looks that way, but it totally dwarfs the other 3 stands. A total mess of a stadium currently. The first to be all seated (I think) and hasn't changed since.. they really have been left behind.

They don't often reach capacity so should be able to function with 3 stands and redevelop one stand at a time surely.

I remember attending matches there in the 80s and thinking they were forward thinking for having an all seated stadium. Always cold there though and now they are falling behind all the other major Scottish clubs in terms of stadium facilities. 

Ryder
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

My contact is with them in Dubai right now. Golfing with their right back yesterday, no doubt he will come back telling me of their next master plan for global domination. Mind you probably wont get a face to face for a while yet.

8C6D80A1-A24B-4A32-9C76-691FF41EA94F.jpeg

IveSeenTheLight
On 10/01/2018 at 18:52, socrates82 said:

The club that splurged £1m on Paul flipping Bernard can never be accused of living within its means! Even under Romanov we never spent that much on one player, and that’s with our consistently bigger crowds and better turnover.

You don’t have a bigger turnover though.

would need o check back for the Romanov years to be fair.

IveSeenTheLight
On 10/01/2018 at 21:47, HMFC 86 said:

No sign of our resident codheid. That’s unusual

Been quite busy lately....

Barack
3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Little Bo Peep’s back, everyone.

Been lobbying Aberdeen City Council? 

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Little Bo Peep’s back, everyone.

Been lobbying Aberdeen City Council? 

Lol, no, just been very busy.

Barack
1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Lol, no, just been very busy.

Suppose we all have our crosses to bear.

How’s the wife? 

:jjyay:

Ryder
12 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THIS IS LEGIT?

YOU AINT GETTING A NEW STADIUM FFS!

😂😂😂😂

Ugly American
4 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Last I checked our turnover is higher but your current wage bill is higher. Neither by huge margins, mind.

socrates82
8 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I just assume we make more money than Aberdeen most seasons due to our bigger crowds. No idea how turnovers compared in the mid 90s but I remember aberdeen spending loads of money for just the one league cup in return - a bit like the last few years.

kingantti1874
9 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Weve always had a bigger t/o until the last 5/6 years.  Since then it's kewed by the fact that hearts outsourced retail and commercial income and costs and Aberdeen didn't.. It all been brought back in house now and t/o represents a better comparison.. The onlu difference last season was success on the pitch.. £1m extra for higher league placing, you got to 2 Cup finals we got papped out early, Europa league v no Europa league.. Also with the main stand our hospitality was shite. That's now rectified.. You've got smaller gates, and poorer facilities in a town with a far smaller demand.  The t/o advantage won't be lasting long.. Probabky still bigger this financial year as main stand hospitality not a factor really this season 

kingantti1874
4 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Last I checked our turnover is higher but your current wage bill is higher. Neither by huge margins, mind.

Na.. As I say we've been a bit behind recently

sadj
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Na.. As I say we've been a bit behind recently

Tbf to Aberdeen they have had a turbulent history formed in 1978 disbanded in summer 1990 and didnt reform until 2014 so ISTL’s info will only be based on those years....

Sir Gio
15 minutes ago, sadj said:

Tbf to Aberdeen they have had a turbulent history formed in 1978 disbanded in summer 1990 and didnt reform until 2014 so ISTL’s info will only be based on those years....

:lol:

1971fozzy

Hopefully they have to stay and rebuild on site. Then it I’ll be interesting seeing them struggle. This would be the best case scenario for the likes of us who need to catch up and overtake them.

sadj
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Hopefully they have to stay and rebuild on site. Then it I’ll be interesting seeing them struggle. This would be the best case scenario for the likes of us who need to catch up and overtake them.

We’ll catch up n overtake them in not long anyway. They have stability to their advantage at the moment. Were fixing a mess and building a stand and infrastructure...

kila
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

I don't think Partick Thistle could handle it, statement overload

Chuck Berry

Not sure why the vast majority of sheep want to move out to this white elephant.   They should be asking why Milne hasn't touched the stadium in years, and be very very wary of moving away from the city to an out of town location.  Pittodrie can be redeveloped.

sadj

Got a bit through that and got bored. All the same points yet again. Tho like some did their homework and brought up St Js ground

Mikey1874
29 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Cheers. Alternative sites mentioned as well.

Also grateful to catch up on key local news

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/sheep-saved-from-slaughter-and-five-of-them-are-now-grass-cutters-at-north-east-sanctuary/

Paul Allen
38 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Paul Clarkson, of PB Development Company, which runs bars and restaurants in the city added that Aberdeen risked becoming “a laughing stock” if the application is rejected.

:lol: How ironic.

Sir Gio
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cheers. Alternative sites mentioned as well.

Also grateful to catch up on key local news

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/sheep-saved-from-slaughter-and-five-of-them-are-now-grass-cutters-at-north-east-sanctuary/

:lol:

Missed that gem. Gave up buying that paper years ago. Parochial doesn't begin to describe it. It's local paper of course but doesn't do anything for the city in a wider light. 

I guess it should be decided on planning law being fairly applied. The only economic benefits seem to be Aberdeens beyond the possibility for youth football 

Australis......

Oil finished, dandy dons now not a good option for journeyman players in a dying town. ☺

Sir Gio
1 minute ago, Australis...... said:

Oil finished, dandy dons now not a good option for journeyman players in a dying town. ☺

Past peak but not dying