Celtic fans are a big part of the problem

Smoked-Glass

Smoked-Glass

I didn?t realise that celtic fans honestly believe that they are hard done by all the time. Granted the whole ?away team never gets a penalty at ibrox? thing and the ?Andy Davis incident? have helped to give some it some fuel, but these cretins actually do think the entire world is against them!

I recently got involved in an exchange with some simpletons on a message board and I posted the clip of the hearts v celtic cup clip of the penalty they got this season.      The whole zoo dismissed it as ?not crucial to the game? as celtic were already winning and a man up and ?he didn?t appeal for a pen when he went down?  as if either of those are reasons why it should be different to last Sunday?s moment.

There was even some dim guy asking if it?s possible to ?BACKDATE? some of the decisions that have gone against celtic.   It never seemed to occur to them that they have benefitted numerous times themselves, and more so.

It does appear that it?s human nature to remember the ones that went against you and forget all but the obvious ones that went for you.    (I play poker and i remember the horrible lucky cards that beat me years after, but less so my own lucky breaks)

Golden rule is not to argue with idiots as they will only drag you down to their level, then beat you experience.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

One of my best friends is a Celtic fan. He's a great guy - totally normal, smart, good job, good husband and dad - but he genuinely thinks they're up against it all the time. He thinks the system favors Hearts over them and that it's Celtic against the etablishment, which is the authorities and every other club in the country. When I ask about their 50-odd titles to the only 18 won by non OF clubs it's like he can't even hear it. It's mental, like properly indoctrinated.

Top tip. Don't attempt to reason with them. It's not possible. I have tried and failed.

You wouldn't try to argue reasonable points to a dog shite on your shoe. They should be similarly viewed.

letsalllaughathobos

Imagine going undercover in parkhead through the concourses bet they are voodoo dolls of refs and players of other teams,

They are not right in the head,

Proper brainwashed verging on psychotic,

You just need to listen to there songs and the flags the wave to see what you are dealing with here,

I also knew a Celtic die-hard fan traveled all over watching Celtic and a really decent guy at work and to talk to and quite a savvy type.

But when it came to football the freemason,Orange lodge,government, conspiracy this conspiricy that honestly until you speak to them you will never know how deep this lies it is mental,

That's what decades of entitlement will do. It's like telling a spoilt child 'no' for the first time: it just doesn't compute.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

That's what decades of entitlement will do. It's like telling a spoilt child 'no' for the first time: it just doesn't compute.

Yup. Worse - they're a spoilt kid whose sibling has been a teensy bit more spoilt so they have an off the chart tantrum and turn into an even bigger dick.

Smoked-Glass

very good point.  

Yup. Worse - they're a spoilt kid whose sibling has been a teensy bit more spoilt so they have an off the chart tantrum and turn into an even bigger dick.

Is it super nanny that was the program about the woman who went round and tried corrective behaviours for problem children?

She would have her hands full at parkhead!

I had a Celtic fan tell me today that it was a handball but they should just move on and Meekings shouldn't be punished.

I was shocked to say the least.

I didn?t realise that celtic fans honestly believe that they are hard done by all the time. Granted the whole ?away team never gets a penalty at ibrox? thing and the ?Andy Davis incident? have helped to give some it some fuel, but these cretins actually do think the entire world is against them!

I recently got involved in an exchange with some simpletons on a message board and I posted the clip of the hearts v celtic cup clip of the penalty they got this season. The whole zoo dismissed it as ?not crucial to the game? as celtic were already winning and a man up and ?he didn?t appeal for a pen when he went down? as if either of those are reasons why it should be different to last Sunday?s moment.

There was even some dim guy asking if it?s possible to ?BACKDATE? some of the decisions that have gone against celtic. It never seemed to occur to them that they have benefitted numerous times themselves, and more so.

It does appear that it?s human nature to remember the ones that went against you and forget all but the obvious ones that went for you. (I play poker and i remember the horrible lucky cards that beat me years after, but less so my own lucky breaks)

Golden rule is not to argue with idiots as they will only drag you down to their level, then beat you experience.

I had a similar exchange on Twitter. This is the bit that blew my mind...

@CollectCelticFC: @drew_boy100 I agree on poor decisions, but more go against Celtic than rest. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my best friends is a Celtic fan. He's a great guy - totally normal, smart, good job, good husband and dad - but he genuinely thinks they're up against it all the time. He thinks the system favors Hearts over them and that it's Celtic against the etablishment, which is the authorities and every other club in the country. When I ask about their 50-odd titles to the only 18 won by non OF clubs it's like he can't even hear it. It's mental, like properly indoctrinated.

This pretty much sums up my best mate. I just don't mention Celtic anymore because it winds me up.

I'm absolutely staggered that Murder McLeod is talking sense about the incident!!!

Edit: Scrap that, he's talking about a conspiracy with the officials denying they saw it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fires of this "victim mentality" are constantly and consistently stoked by everyone at the club. They are as big an embarrassment as Sevco. They both appeal to the very worst elements in ScottishSociety.

The fires of this "victim mentality" are constantly and consistently stoked by everyone at the club. They are as big an embarrassment as Sevco. They both appeal to the very worst elements in ScottishSociety.

They're worse than Rangers imo, it has been refreshing not being in the same league as them but my hate for them is rising more and more again.

It's quite easy to have them see sense, simply get every club to gather the thousands of instances where Celtic have had truly awful decisions go for them. Put them all into a Rocky esq montage and send them over for their comments! Then again.....this likely won't work what am I thinking.

Smoked-Glass

They're worse than Rangers imo, it has been refreshing not being in the same league as them but my hate for them is rising more and more again.

typical we got them twice in the cup though :phface:

they cheated in the scottish cup, can we get the compliance officer to have a look at it now?     pleeeeassseee

Did anyone catch John Hartson's comments?

Major Cornette.

Along the lines of saying at Celtic you know everyone is against you from refs to opposition.....that Chelsea , Man U and the likes are in the same boat and will know how Celtic feel. :cornette:

Hartson's an arsehole. He slated Deila after a couple of games, totally wrote him off but backtracked recently.(not that I like Deila, just making point).

He's just another tainted old firmer.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

The least self-aware fans in football. At least Rangers fans have a "no-one likes us we don't care" thing going on. Celtic fans genuinely appear to think they are one of the most-loved clubs in the world.

Impossible to reason with a different species - please Anne - keep as many of them as you can, away from Tynie next season 

Imeantasong

Deep rooted, rammed down the throat from birth stuff

It isn't worth trying to debate or reason with them.

Listen to the type of stuff McGeady and the like came out with (something along the lines of us being against everything they stand for - way of life or whatever it was) and you get an idea what you're up against.

The amount of dodgy decisions that Celtic get in their favour is astonishing.  But they seem to ignore them facts. 

Chaka Demus & pliers

Did anyone catch John Hartson's comments?

Major Cornette.

Along the lines of saying at Celtic you know everyone is against you from refs to opposition.....that Chelsea , Man U and the likes are in the same boat and will know how Celtic feel. :cornette:

Hartson's an arsehole. He slated Deila after a couple of games, totally wrote him off but backtracked recently.(not that I like Deila, just making point).

He's just another tainted old firmer.

I was going to mention this. He said that they all assume that everyone is against therm and it helps with togetherness.

Horrible club.

When I pointed out yesterday to a Celtic fan that Collum gives Celtic almost everything against us his response was: "Aye well what about that penalty he gave you against us that should never have been?"

Me: "In 2012?"

Him: "Yes."

Me: "The penalty that Euan Norris gave us?"

Him: <exited Whatsapp chat>

This the bunch whose club historian produced a book where he detailed all the dodgy decisions against them for the previous hundred years, it is now in its third edition to include the ongoing injustices which appear to befall them every season. "Celtic paranoia - all in the mind?" I thought it was actually a book mocking them when a work colleague showed me it, but no this is a recording of how "we" are all against them in their crusade. 

I wouldn't even dream of trying to have a reasoned discussion with them - after all in 1924 they were denied a stonewall penalty against <insert team name> and it was all part of the ongoing conspiracy which would generally be one of Masonic / Orange origins and aimed against Irish, Catholics. I wish I was making it up unfortunately I'm not !!

Same.  Know a few good lads who support Celtic.  Can't talk to them about Celtic.  Only Rangers are the baddies.  They just don't get when they're biling against Rangers that we all feel the same about them.  Just don''t see how similar they are.

This the bunch whose club historian produced a book where he detailed all the dodgy decisions against them for the previous hundred years, it is now in its third edition to include the ongoing injustices which appear to befall them every season. "Celtic paranoia - all in the mind?" I thought it was actually a book mocking them when a work colleague showed me it, but no this is a recording of how "we" are all against them in their crusade.

I wouldn't even dream of trying to have a reasoned discussion with them - after all in 1924 they were denied a stonewall penalty against <insert team name> and it was all part of the ongoing conspiracy which would generally be one of Masonic / Orange origins and aimed against Irish, Catholics. I wish I was making it up unfortunately I'm not !!

This can't be real....is it? Surely not.

Mind you, if I was told the title and concept of these books and asked to guess my first would definitely be Celtic. Only they could achieve this particular level of cringe.

[emoji15]

Mind you, if I was told the title and concept of these books and asked to guess my first would definitely be Celtic. Only they could achieve this particular level of cringe.

[emoji15]

It is.

Smoked-Glass

celtic... always cheated never defeated

celtic...  offended by everything,  ashamed of nothing

Guest Bilel Mohsni

One that I know used to argue about the officials not treating them equally. I pointed out that they get far more lenient treatment than every other club bar one. His response was that he wanted Celtic treated the same as Rangers, and he didn't care about the rest.

That's what you're up against here. :unsure:

The Old Tolbooth

It's truly incredible how hard done by they actually feel, when everyone else actually knows the truth!

Their bitterness and feelings of persecution is staggering, and I mean on the highest of scales, you can't even try to begin to reason with them, they're just unapproachable in every footballing way. I had one say to me yesterday on Facebook that we're one of the establishment clubs because apparently Wallace Mercer managed to get an official sacked due to a poor decision at Parkhead, I Googled the incident and all I could find was some shite on Kerrydale Street, so I disregarded it because that site is as bias as it gets. 

I find it amazing that they actually think they're hard done by, every single club in Scotland has a list as long as their arm of injustices against them due to bent refs in favour of that mob, and Collum is just their latest pet ref (as we've all found out to our disgust). We could throw hundreds of seriously bad decisions at the compliance officer at he wouldn't know what hit him, but then we'd be as bad as that mob, and I'd hate that! 

I wake up every day and thank my lucky stars that I;m not one of them, or their other arse cheek! 

The Old Tolbooth

[emoji15]

rev-129-paranoia.jpg

51Af8RD%2BrCL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jp

I had a Celtic fan tell me today that it was a handball but they should just move on and Meekings shouldn't be punished.

Surely that wasn't jimmy doc that said that?

When I pointed out yesterday to a Celtic fan that Collum gives Celtic almost everything against us his response was: "Aye well what about that penalty he gave you against us that should never have been?"

Me: "In 2012?"

Him: "Yes."

Me: "The penalty that Euan Norris gave us?"

Him: <exited Whatsapp chat>

Is that the penalty where not one, but two, Celtic players handled the ball in the box.

Nae penalty right enough.

Is that the penalty where not one, but two, Celtic players handled the ball in the box.

Nae penalty right enough.

And a few minutes before had scored an offside goal?

This all stems from Irish catholics being discriminated against in 19th century glasgow/scotland (which they were)

It's ingrained in so many of their fans that the "establishment" is against them. Past from generation to generation, they don't appear to realise that it's now the 21st century and it's no longer relevant. I file them with other mental conspiracy theorists - no matter what you point out that supports that they get more decisions it is dismissed as it doesn't feed in to their theory.

I remember a celtic fan going on about Masonic conspiracies with the SFA and Referees. I pointed out that their most succesful manager Jock Stein was a well know Freemason and asked if that meant their 9 in a row was tainted by favourable decisions..... He didn't like that and denied he was.

The Treasurer

This whole (latest) farce involving this horrible club can go one of two ways.

1 - The media, the gFA, the rest of the clubs and the whole world will be so sick of them meaning they might actually have to play on a level playing field for once and be properly punished for their behaviour

or

2 - The gFA, the ref's and the media will be so scared of upsetting them again that things will go even more their way (if that's even possible).

I know which one my money is on

Tony Soprano

Id like to see a list by the fans of every club to have played Celtic in say the last 3 seasons of glaring decisions which have went against them in those games compared to a list by Celtic fans which they deem glaring decisions have went against them. I don't think anybody (Celtic fans excluded) would be surprised at the findings.

Celtic fans are more like Rangers fans than they realise.

The expectation that the authorities should accommodate them so the exercise a PR offensive to get their fans "onside" reeks of Sevco mentality.

Only because of the fallout this single incident has attracted. My guess would be he has changed his mind rather than genuinely had this opinion, but only because of the overwhelming media attention and the fact every single non Celtic supporting football fan seem to be taking a stand here.

Basically he's shat it.

It is interesting though that Alex Ferguson's Aberdeen, probably the most successful non Old Firm club in the last 40 years, adopted these very OF traits of persecution complexes, questioning of decisions and officials and team difference in their case their "provincial" geographical location rather than religion or historical in order to compete with and then beat them regularly.
It obviously works if you are prepared to stoop that low.....

My recollection the ref that was complained about by Wallace Mercer was the one who added about 8 minutes of extra time in a midweek game against Celtic...we actually played until they scored/equalised as I recall.

It was a shocker but I've attended counselling, visited my ancestral homelands and recovered my ethic pride BUT sadly have never been able to go to midweek games since, in case it happens to me again!!

It's truly incredible how hard done by they actually feel, when everyone else actually knows the truth!

Their bitterness and feelings of persecution is staggering, and I mean on the highest of scales, you can't even try to begin to reason with them, they're just unapproachable in every footballing way. I had one say to me yesterday on Facebook that we're one of the establishment clubs because apparently Wallace Mercer managed to get an official sacked due to a poor decision at Parkhead, I Googled the incident and all I could find was some shite on Kerrydale Street, so I disregarded it because that site is as bias as it gets. 

I find it amazing that they actually think they're hard done by, every single club in Scotland has a list as long as their arm of injustices against them due to bent refs in favour of that mob, and Collum is just their latest pet ref (as we've all found out to our disgust). We could throw hundreds of seriously bad decisions at the compliance officer at he wouldn't know what hit him, but then we'd be as bad as that mob, and I'd hate that! 

I wake up every day and thank my lucky stars that I;m not one of them, or their other arse cheek!

Kevin O'Donnell was removed from the list of referees after Mercer complained about his performance in a Celtic v Hearts match.

What the Celtic websites omit is that he gave an appalling performance, culminating in the award of a late Celtic penalty for a foul well outside the box. They scored it to equalise.

:Aye:

For me Celtic fans will never shake the victim complex - its indoctrinated into them from an early age. They will quote incidents from as far back as they have to go to prove a point. Pre the 90's they probably had a point, our nation harboured many anti-Catholic prejudices and the SFA was rife with pro-protestant / pro-rangers officials. The orange lodge was popular throughout Scotland and carried a fair bit of weight in many walks of life.

However those days are largely gone and for Celtic fans to suggest an agenda against them is simply a convenient get out clause whenever something completely innocuous goes against them.

Celtic FC, as it stands today, are the most powerful institution in Scottish football - they do what they want and get what they want and this whole handball farce proves it. What many Celtic fans are currently embarrassed by is this guy being suspended for a cup final due to their actions is a spectacular own goal and goes against their own persecution complex. Suddenly the shoe is on the other foot and due to the direct action of their club there is much finger pointing at what is perceived to be bullying and its gone beyond Scotland. If this had happened in reverse and a Celtic player was retrospectively banned they'd have claimed another case of persecution against them because they are Catholic's / Celtic / Irish etc etc.

The most perfectly rational Celtic fan in normal life turns into a complete looney when they are pushed into a corner about their club. Their obsession with Rangers and to an extent Hearts because they/we are orange b*****ds etc is actually unhealthy.

To sum it up I witnessed an argument between a Hearts fan and a Celtic fan where one was Catholic the other wasn't - the Hearts fan was the Catholic yet still the non catholic Celtic fan argued about persecution of Irish Catholic's and Hearts being rangers cousins etc - the Hearts fan was merely stating he supported his local team had no interest in religion yet he was branded a disgrace by this moron......and that is the mentality we will always be up against.

Kevin O'Donnell was removed from the list of referees after Mercer complained about his performance in a Celtic v Hearts match.

What the Celtic websites omit is that he gave an appalling performance, culminating in the award of a late Celtic penalty for a foul well outside the box. They scored it to equalise.

Thats the one....

This is the one I was thinking of Brian McGinlay was the ref....thanks to London Hearts web-site for the info, 92nd minute McClair goal that must have been the "official Celtic" time....I remember the EN article commenting on the time added as being about 6 or 8 minutes!!

Wed 20 Mar 1985

Celtic 3 Hearts 2

Premier 29 of 36

Celtic Park Glasgow Scotland

Ref: Brian McGinlay Balfron

Scorers John Robertson 4 ;Andy Watson 30 Opp Scorers [M Johnston 38] ;[M MacLeod 78] ;[b McClair 92]

Thats the one....

This is the one I was thinking of Brian McGinlay was the ref....thanks to London Hearts web-site for the info, 92nd minute McClair goal that must have been the "official Celtic" time....I remember the EN article commenting on the time added as being about 6 or 8 minutes!! Wed 20 Mar 1985

Celtic 3 Hearts 2

Premier 29 of 36

Celtic Park Glasgow Scotland

Ref: Brian McGinlay Balfron

Scorers John Robertson 4 ;Andy Watson 30 Opp Scorers [M Johnston 38] ;[M MacLeod 78] ;[b McClair 92]

Mercer did make a complaint after that game, but it was about the police. Hearts fans were attacked on the way back to our coaches with no police around.

My recollection is that they admitted mistakes and promised changes. Things did improve, but only for a couple of seasons.

Archived