Celtic fans are a big part of the problem

Smoked-Glass

For me Celtic fans will never shake the victim complex - its indoctrinated into them from an early age. They will quote incidents from as far back as they have to go to prove a point. Pre the 90's they probably had a point, our nation harboured many anti-Catholic prejudices and the SFA was rife with pro-protestant / pro-rangers officials. The orange lodge was popular throughout Scotland and carried a fair bit of weight in many walks of life.

However those days are largely gone and for Celtic fans to suggest an agenda against them is simply a convenient get out clause whenever something completely innocuous goes against them.

Celtic FC, as it stands today, are the most powerful institution in Scottish football - they do what they want and get what they want and this whole handball farce proves it. What many Celtic fans are currently embarrassed by is this guy being suspended for a cup final due to their actions is a spectacular own goal and goes against their own persecution complex. Suddenly the shoe is on the other foot and due to the direct action of their club there is much finger pointing at what is perceived to be bullying and its gone beyond Scotland. If this had happened in reverse and a Celtic player was retrospectively banned they'd have claimed another case of persecution against them because they are Catholic's / Celtic / Irish etc etc.

The most perfectly rational Celtic fan in normal life turns into a complete looney when they are pushed into a corner about their club. Their obsession with Rangers and to an extent Hearts because they/we are orange b*****ds etc is actually unhealthy.

To sum it up I witnessed an argument between a Hearts fan and a Celtic fan where one was Catholic the other wasn't - the Hearts fan was the Catholic yet still the non catholic Celtic fan argued about persecution of Irish Catholic's and Hearts being rangers cousins etc - the Hearts fan was merely stating he supported his local team had no interest in religion yet he was branded a disgrace by this moron......and that is the mentality we will always be up against.

See your last paragraph?

Have you ever witnessed me arguing with a Celtic fan I know?

That is exactly what happened between us. He couldn't believe I'd support Hearts being a catholic.

Alex MacDonald

Thats the one....

This is the one I was thinking of Brian McGinlay was the ref....thanks to London Hearts web-site for the info, 92nd minute McClair goal that must have been the "official Celtic" time....I remember the EN article commenting on the time added as being about 6 or 8 minutes!!

Wed 20 Mar 1985

Celtic 3 Hearts 2

Premier 29 of 36

Celtic Park Glasgow Scotland

Ref: Brian McGinlay Balfron

Scorers John Robertson 4 ;Andy Watson 30 Opp Scorers [M Johnston 38] ;[M MacLeod 78] ;[b McClair 92]

Attendance - 11,522. Those were the days Sellik lied about their crowds the other way. there would've been 18/20,000 at the game, tax evasion they blatantly got away with. I remember Archie McPherson's commentary of the highlights that night, it was like Hearts were a European team playing at Parkhead, he was desperate for Celtic to get the winner, and was delighted when they did. 

Attendance - 11,522. Those were the days Sellik lied about their crowds the other way. there would've been 18/20,000 at the game, tax evasion they blatantly got away with. I remember Archie McPherson's commentary of the highlights that night, it was like Hearts were a European team playing at Parkhead, he was desperate for Celtic to get the winner, and was delighted when they did.

Archie McPherson - a slavering pompous erse!

I remember him coming out after the Andy Davis incident to say he did not know what all the fuss was about as these decisions get evened out for the Old Firm over the course of the season!!

See your last paragraph?

Have you ever witnessed me arguing with a Celtic fan I know?

That is exactly what happened between us. He couldn't believe I'd support Hearts being a catholic.

Maybe it was you! They struggle with the concept in two ways - Local team and religion. Neither really compute with their logic on why non-old firm fans support the teams they do.

Regarding Celtic and their never ceasing obsession about discrimination, etc. It should not be forgotten how Jock Stein was treated by that club. His Celtic story perfectly demonstrates the craven hypocrisy of their entire institutional psyche. Their supporters honour their European Cup win and by implication, the man who delivered it. Yet they buy into the whole club ethos of sectarian division which is the kind of psychology that led to their very own legend Jock Stein being treated as he was.

As a collective, the club and it's following is a huge contradiction.

Maybe it was you! They struggle with the concept in two ways - Local team and religion. Neither really compute with their logic on why non-old firm fans support the teams they do.

Pathetic isn't it?

It's genuinely beyond Comprehension.. They get every decision going.

This and to address the post they are exactly 50 percent of the problem.

Allowayjambo1874

celtic... always cheated never defeated

celtic...  offended by everything,  ashamed of nothing

How many times have UEFA fined them in 6 years again? Everyone else's fault though. However when the most minor of infringement by Legia Warsaw happens and they are awarded the tie, thems the rules. 

Their fans paranoia beggers belief, I cannot even discuss things with them anymore, when one of them starts at work I literally tell them to just **** off as it just gets me annoyed and angry. 

highlandjambo3

I didn?t realise that celtic fans honestly believe that they are hard done by all the time. Granted the whole ?away team never gets a penalty at ibrox? thing and the ?Andy Davis incident? have helped to give some it some fuel, but these cretins actually do think the entire world is against them!

I recently got involved in an exchange with some simpletons on a message board and I posted the clip of the hearts v celtic cup clip of the penalty they got this season.      The whole zoo dismissed it as ?not crucial to the game? as celtic were already winning and a man up and ?he didn?t appeal for a pen when he went down?  as if either of those are reasons why it should be different to last Sunday?s moment.

There was even some dim guy asking if it?s possible to ?BACKDATE? some of the decisions that have gone against celtic.   It never seemed to occur to them that they have benefitted numerous times themselves, and more so.

It does appear that it?s human nature to remember the ones that went against you and forget all but the obvious ones that went for you.    (I play poker and i remember the horrible lucky cards that beat me years after, but less so my own lucky breaks)

Golden rule is not to argue with idiots as they will only drag you down to their level, then beat you experience.

BACKDATE decisions...............................Scot Brown would never kick a ball again................muppets

Scott Brown interview a while back where he was aksed why his disciplinary record had improved so much since signing from HIbs?. His reply was I play for Celtic now.

Lmao at that reply,Archie is the biggest bluenose under the sun,trust me,I've been in his company.

Regarding Celtic and their never ceasing obsession about discrimination, etc. It should not be forgotten how Jock Stein was treated by that club. His Celtic story perfectly demonstrates the craven hypocrisy of their entire institutional psyche. Their supporters honour their European Cup win and by implication, the man who delivered it. Yet they buy into the whole club ethos of sectarian division which is the kind of psychology that led to their very own legend Jock Stein being treated as he was.

As a collective, the club and it's following is a huge contradiction.

What Celtic done regarding Stein was utterly scandalous and what Zombie/Huns fans sing about the great man is nothing short of unbelievable.

I recall back when this whole meekings thing kicked off - it was my best mate who's a celtic fan who told me about Celtics request for clarifikayshun.

At the time, I replied to him stating that I really hoped that nothing came of it as it would make a complete mockery of the systems we have in place and that in this case, although it hadn't gone in their favour - celtic should take this one on the chin.

At the time, he was in complete agreeance with me.

That was before the whole 'celtic mindset' sunk in. Few days later and after he's had time to converse with his fellow tims on whatever forums he uses and he's messaging me last night practically foaming at the mouth about how disgusting this is and the corruption and anti-celtic agendas etc etc etc.

As individuals - I daresay there are some celtic supporters who care perfectly capable if reasonable discussion - however, when they gather en masse, they are poisonous. It doesn't take much to have even the reasonable ones towing the same party line as the rest of the muppets.

OmiyaHearts

Scott Brown interview a while back where he was aksed why his disciplinary record had improved so much since signing from HIbs?. His reply was I play for Celtic now.

Really? His record hasn't improved that much at Celtic so I'm surprised he was asked and answered the question.

Really? His record hasn't improved that much at Celtic so I'm surprised he was asked and answered the question.

Think he was being a wee bit facetious there.

Archived