***Official Hearts v Annan Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We_are_the_Hearts

After looking like we wouldn't have a club at one point the new journey begins today. 3-0 to the Gorgie

If we get an early goal it will be a comfortable win. Longer it stays goalless the more tense we'll become.

Prince Buaben

Be a harder game than people expect. When was the last time we rolled over a team a couple of divisions below us in a cup game ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacquijambo

Our strongest team please Robbie. Should win 2-0. Looking forward to the game.

The Internet

3-0 to Hearts if we play a strong team. Sow (2) and Walker with the goals.

The Internet

Be a harder game than people expect. When was the last time we rolled over a team a couple of divisions below us in a cup game ?

We don't play lower league teams very often tbf, I remember we pumped Elgin 4 or 5-0 a couple of seasons ago.

Robbie has already said that he's taking this competition seriously and it will be a strong team he puts out.

4-0 Hearts

A tougher than expected game.

Probably drawing with 5 minutes to go and a late goal will win it.

2-1.

Can see this being quite tough, our team will take a few weeks to settle down. 1 or 2nil!!

tough game with hearts winning 2-0 the second coming in the last five minutes to finally end annans resistance

Hannibal Lecter
0-0 papped out on pens.

Does this competition go straight to pens or do we get extra time?

Extra time.

Sent from my D2005 using Tapatalk

heartsfc_fan

I fear we'll be in for a tough match, but will win either 1-0 or 2-1.

Gregory House M.D.

Alexander

Paterson ?zt?rk Wilson McHattie

Buaben Gomis

Walker Carrick Nicholson

Sow

3-0 Hearts. Sow, Gomis and McHattie.

Annan are a tough resilient team, Their previous manager Harry Cairney was my physics teacher in school and also taught us much about the game, really good guy with an excellent mentality for football. He has brought annan a long way and while there have been plenty of changes they are still a team with lots of confidence and drive.

Annan are a tough resilient team, Their previous manager Harry Cairney was my physics teacher in school and also taught us much about the game, really good guy with an excellent mentality for football. He has brought annan a long way and while there have been plenty of changes they are still a team with lots of confidence and drive.

So you suggesting they're a force to be reckoned with?

So you suggesting they're a force to be reckoned with?

I don't know how many players remain from those days perhaps it is all changed since but if they still have that same core and mentality then what I am saying is they won't go down without a fight and will give us a game.

If we show up and play near our best we should win comfortably and i believe Sow and Carrick as strikers are every bit as good as we hope they are.

Who are their best players?/players to look out for?

Kenny Arthur was a fairly capable keeper and only 35 still which isn't that old for a goalie. Don't know much about their side to be honest but Derek Carcary and Scott Davidson were always fairly promising strikers, even if they didn't make it at a higher level I imagine they're pretty decent in the lower leagues.

If Hopkirk plays he is a decent young striker, some pace although not many goals to his name yet i have only seen him once but he seemed ok.

I see now they have made a few changes. Losing chaplain and love is a blow for them, Love was a top scorer from defence.

A comfortable 0-2 loss, this tiny cup is below Heart of Midlothian football club.

We are in the championship where teams compete for this trophy. Nothing is below us as we deserve to be here unfortunately . RN has came out and said he wants to win it . We need to have a winning mentality in all games .

We are in the championship where teams compete for this trophy. Nothing is below us as we deserve to be here unfortunately . RN has came out and said he wants to win it . We need to have a winning mentality in all games .

Exactly. Totally agree.

A comfortable 0-2 loss, this tiny cup is below Heart of Midlothian football club.

Strange attitude but your opinion I suppose.

Strange attitude but your opinion I suppose.

gashauskis9

Baws

MrWinningSmith

These games are always tough so I'm expecting a 1-0 win to us. Are these games like the Wee Cup where it goes to extra time/penalties and no replay?

Voice of reason

I hope we are brave on the ball throughout the whole match and don't begin punting it long if an early breakthrough doesn't transpire. If we are going to aim for pass and move football then we need to start from the first whistle and then persist with it even if the crowd are getting irritated with sideways passing at times. I think we will win by about 3 goals and I am hopeful we will do it by playing in a braver manner than in previous seasons.

We'll have a shaky start, go in a goal up at half time but run our comfortable winners with another 2 in the second half.

On holiday in sunny Tunisia at the moment and would love to watch this one by the pool...any chance of a stream?

Snake Plissken

We don't play lower league teams very often tbf, I remember we pumped Elgin 4 or 5-0 a couple of seasons ago.

4-0

I was at that game and it was an absolute walk in the park, I don't think half our players even broke out of a jog. I remembered that Kyle scored a header, Novi scored a decent goal and Robinson rounded it off but I had to look up who go our first that night. It was Eggy, I can't for the life of me remember that goal.

I don't think there were any more than 5,000 there.

Archived