Celtic fans behaviour

Dr. Bapswent

The best way around this problem is to reduce their allocation. They were a lot quieter the last time we did that back in 2006/07(iirc). I would only give them 2 sections maximum. LBP would also be more willing to sort them out if we did that. I'm sure Hearts fans would fill the other sections no problem knowing that there would not be as much bile spewing out from them.

I see what you re saying but there is no way we could open up the Roseburn if they were in it with just one section, there would be running battles for sure so we would lose revenue unless as someone said on here we asked our support to pay more to have less of them. The one thing that always struck me when we rebuilt tynie was the lack of an away section for fans. The only three teams Ive ever seen fill Roseburn are the old filth and the hobos. Would happily not have the OF fans come to town though as I feel I can't take the laddies to it as they would be scared stiff.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HeartsForever

noticed that myself. Was taking note as the guys sat beside me were going on about how they were all scum and wouldn't clap the laddies. Almost to a man they applauded apart from the one daftie standing giving them abuse. He just looked a total tit

Aw, I like them now. Well done Celtic take a bow

HeartsForever

******* hate the scum. Not really bothered about the pyro, makes for a better atmosphere!

Yeah it's really amazing isn't it? I just wish we were allowed to use them........but we're not are we? Oh well, dum de dum

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

The best way around this problem is to reduce their allocation. They were a lot quieter the last time we did that back in 2006/07(iirc). I would only give them 2 sections maximum. LBP would also be more willing to sort them out if we did that. I'm sure Hearts fans would fill the other sections no problem knowing that there would not be as much bile spewing out from them.

We couldn't fill the sections in the other 3 stands on Weds though

Scum they are but we needed them to fill the Roseburn the other night. Ironic they spent plenty of time singing how we were gonna die like the rangers and going bust but they contributed about ?100k to the save the hearts effort :lol:

Hearts fans are just as bad in these games. If anything it's our support that annoys me more, because this bawsack behaviour never surfaces in any other match.

I'd rather we sorted out our own, because it has long since become embarassing.

This annoys me too. ?A few new faces in section G and we had some blatant vile racist and bigoted comments that has no place anywhere in society, never mind who you are playing! ?Also the German bomber song!? Really!? ?It's just embarrassing.

Celtic away fans at tynecastle seem to be the 'extreme' of their support. ?I wish we wouldn't lower to their standards when they visit. ?Not all Celtic fans are like this though and I personally know good Celtic supports who genuinely enjoy supporting their team like us. ?I also know one who attends 'rebel nights' and is involved in the tasteless. ?You get them unfortunately and we do also seem to attract the unsavoury few who take the rivalry to far.

Similar story, about 20 years ago I was pushing a wheelchair out of Celtic Park and some cretin

spat on the guy I was pushing. You can guess

what happened next.

Yeh, you took out a hankie and wiped the guy down? B)

Hagar the Horrible

This annoys me too. A few new faces in section G and we had some blatant vile racist and bigoted comments that has no place anywhere in society, never mind who you are playing! Also the German bomber song!? Really!? It's just embarrassing.

Celtic away fans at tynecastle seem to be the 'extreme' of their support. I wish we wouldn't lower to their standards when they visit. Not all Celtic fans are like this though and I personally know good Celtic supports who genuinely enjoy supporting their team like us. I also know one who attends 'rebel nights' and is involved in the tasteless. You get them unfortunately and we do also seem to attract the unsavoury few who take the rivalry to far.

Celtics away support has become more extremely fundamentalist lately and they are being orchestrated by the green brigade who are bullying their own support, Celtic are now unable to control them. And as for criticizing elements in our own support, don't be too harsh, Celtic do bring out the worst in all of us and that's throughout Scotland, Rangers bring out the worst in the Sheep (for balance). We each need to look within our own clubs and be self policing, but there never has and there never will be that at the Brendanbau, as the officials/directors and management at that club all have the same political and sectarian views. Yes every club has its nutters but the root cause of all trouble in this country is that one club, and If El Presidente Salmond wants a forward thinking fresh new utopia then he is going to have to take this head on and stop this now. Celtic wont ever do this as they milk that cash cow well and truly. The Green/IRA/KAFFLIK pound is too valuable for the worst club in the world. Its about time society does what the football authorities are too cowardly to do is stop going after the easy targets and realise we are the true Victims here and stop being Victimidated by the real oppressors and come down hard on them, Start by forcing Celtic to abolish the green brigade ( which have turned into some kind of pseudo terrorist cult) and deduct points or have them play home games behind closed doors. Its about time our complaints are being listened too, the game is dying on it's arse and both half's of that arse cheek are to blame.

Are Celtic like this at other away grounds? Bunch of animals.

Nope. They reserve their "special" away behaviour for us and at a push Sevco. Seeing as they won't be playing them this year we are their biggest game of the season.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Celtics away support has become more extremely fundamentalist lately and they are being orchestrated by the green brigade who are bullying their own support, Celtic are now unable to control them. And as for criticizing elements in our own support, don't be too harsh, Celtic do bring out the worst in all of us and that's throughout Scotland, Rangers bring out the worst in the Sheep (for balance). We each need to look within our own clubs and be self policing, but there never has and there never will be that at the Brendanbau, as the officials/directors and management at that club all have the same political and sectarian views. Yes every club has its nutters but the root cause of all trouble in this country is that one club, and If El Presidente Salmond wants a forward thinking fresh new utopia then he is going to have to take this head on and stop this now. Celtic wont ever do this as they milk that cash cow well and truly. The Green/IRA/KAFFLIK pound is too valuable for the worst club in the world. Its about time society does what the football authorities are too cowardly to do is stop going after the easy targets and realise we are the true Victims here and stop being Victimidated by the real oppressors and come down hard on them, Start by forcing Celtic to abolish the green brigade ( which have turned into some kind of pseudo terrorist cult) and deduct points or have them play home games behind closed doors. Its about time our complaints are being listened too, the game is dying on it's arse and both half's of that arse cheek are to blame.

Quite a lot of this strikes a chord with me. Celtic bring out the absolute worst in me... Far more than Hibs do. Never sectarian stuff or anything but I would never describe playing them as anything other than unpleasant. Beating them is a fantastic feeling, made all the better after having to it there and listen to their shite.

More needs to be done to bring their fans back in to line. Utter vermin but it s even worse that they are allowed to do it with impunity. Lawwell has been making noises recently about the Green Brigade and I reckon Celtic are getting worried about how much power they are assuming.

'heartsarerampent'

This annoys me too. ?A few new faces in section G and we had some blatant vile racist and bigoted comments that has no place anywhere in society, never mind who you are playing! ?Also the German bomber song!? Really!? ?It's just embarrassing.

Celtic away fans at tynecastle seem to be the 'extreme' of their support. ?I wish we wouldn't lower to their standards when they visit. ?Not all Celtic fans are like this though and I personally know good Celtic supports who genuinely enjoy supporting their team like us. ?I also know one who attends 'rebel nights' and is involved in the tasteless. ?You get them unfortunately and we do also seem to attract the unsavoury few who take the rivalry to far.

I agree, but i would say for every 1 clown we attract there are 30 decent supporters.

With Celtic id say a conservative ratio is 1 low life for every 1 decent supporter and thats not counting in who sing IRA praising filth!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Supporters sing offensive songs and generally act like dickheads. Who knew?

As the saying goes, that's football.

I saw one of their mob giving it the "up yi" sign to the young boys doing their lap of honour at half time. I also seen plenty of them applauding though.

To be fair there were a lot of Celtic fans applauding the youngsters. Credit where it's due otherwise we lower ourselves to the level of their Neanderathals.

to be honest although the songs etc happen all over the country every week, the flairs etc an whatever those bangs were don't. We hear all the time of football governing bodies taking action but in reality they don't even touch the surface.

Some of the Celtic fans were a disgrace on Wed night an they should take action but lets be honest I reckon we'll never hear about it again. They can do what they want.

No surprise to see that not a thing was said on the news tonight. All swept under the carpet as usual. As "Celtic swept hearts aside with style" apparently.

If you had just waited two minutes before posting that at 19:58. On the 20:00 Radio Scotland news yesterday (the only broadcast news I heard yesterday evening) there was an item about arrests made at the game (this was the news, not the sports news), including a reference to chanting in support of a terrorist organisation.

I was sceptical about the new legislation because I thought all they had to do was enforce the laws they already have. However, there is no doubt that this week the numbers joining in the "up the ra" part of that horrible song were much less than normal, so it seems some progress is being made.

To be fair there were a lot of Celtic fans applauding the youngsters. Credit where it's due otherwise we lower ourselves to the level of their Neanderathals.

It's telling when you have to give a group of supporters credit for acting like normal human beings though.

hairyhighlander

If you had just waited two minutes before posting that at 19:58. On the 20:00 Radio Scotland news yesterday (the only broadcast news I heard yesterday evening) there was an item about arrests made at the game (this was the news, not the sports news), including a reference to chanting in support of a terrorist organisation.

I was sceptical about the new legislation because I thought all they had to do was enforce the laws they already have. However, there is no doubt that this week the numbers joining in the "up the ra" part of that horrible song were much less than normal, so it seems some progress is being made.

Was referring to both the national program's on the tv.

Not a mention of it on either side. Just praise for how fantastic Celtic were.

Jambof3tornado

BBC news website has arrests story in Edinburgh section but not in Glasgow and west section. Strange that eh?!?

Very public trials to show a real intent to stop the nonsense and that includes some of our own.

Talking to my mate (a celtic fan) and even he is ashamed to follow the unwashed after hearing the chants from the Roseburn. As it is he is becoming increasing fed up with the sectarian section of their support and has not been to a celtic game in 5 or 6 years.

Generic Username

A boy in the Hearts end, in a Celtic top, dressed like Jimmy Saville?

:what:

I'm sure he'll have been losing his brain when the Celtic party songs started up and let the irony wash right over him.

hairyhighlander

It just annoys me how they behave the way they do. All the songs and crap.

I once new a Celtic supporter when I lived in Glasgow who took me to well know Celtic pub next to the barras for a game of pool. A couple of games in and the jukebox comes on with all rebel songs or whatever they are.

I questioned what was this sh*t and was told I can't say things like that in there so I decided to ask the person for an explanation of what the whole sectarian thing was about.

The conversation ended when all the could come up with was "because of what they done to us" I asked what that was but they didn't know!

Unbelievable! And I guess if you got hold of most Celtic supporters the answer would be the same.

They are ignorant backward people who have this crap drummed into them as a child.

Something needs to be done about them and the only people that can change the situation is the government and the police having a zero tolerance policy.

Doesn't look like that will ever happen.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I thought the Jimmy Saville stuff was pretty disgusting, way beyond the realms of 'football banter'

I don't know about you but in my experience of watching football, that sort of stuff is very much in the realms of banter. It goes on at stadiums every weekend and no-one does anything about it - not the police, not the clubs (not really) and certainly not football's governing bodies.

Some people have this image of football as a family sport. I don't. It never has been and never will be, not at professional level anyway. Loads of folk go to the football to get pissed, watch their team and dish out some abuse - most of it the sort of abuse you'd never hear anywhere else. Why anyone wastes time wringing their hands about it, I'll never know.

Sellick at home - especially on a Wednesday night - is the best atmosphere at Tynecastle every season. Maybe if our support decided to rustle their sweety papers a bit louder and not thinking about what they're going to post on the internet later, the Sellick fans wouldn't be as audible.

It would also help if we weren't steamrolled every time they come to Tynecastle too, mind.

Was referring to both the national program's on the tv.

Not a mention of it on either side. Just praise for how fantastic Celtic were.

I agree that sectarian stuff should be reported more. BBC Radio Scotland sports "journalists", Nevin apart, are among the worst for failing to name and shame.

Nevertheless, the tone on here had been "nothing ever gets said about this, nothing gets done" when in fact arrests were made and have been reported in the national news.

Small signs of progress.

hairyhighlander

I agree that sectarian stuff should be reported more. BBC Radio Scotland sports "journalists", Nevin apart, are among the worst for failing to name and shame.

Nevertheless, the tone on here had been "nothing ever gets said about this, nothing gets done" when in fact arrests were made and have been reported in the national news.

Small signs of progress.

Problem being that the police are drastically undermanned to deal with this and the paperwork involved is mountainous. As a result only the worst offenders get dealt with when it becomes a safety concern.

All of this and what for? A bunch of arsepieces getting aggro over fake religion, fake politics and a thirst for aggression.

I hate it when Celtic come through here, I really really do. Leaves me in such an enormous downer.

I know some folk get a kick out of that sort of atmosphere but one of these days there will be real trouble, it seems to be getting worse. No wonder people don't want to bring kids to that fixture, it's hideous. It's isn't intense in a competitive way, it's just poisonous.

Near Post Zibby !

If we ever get back to financial even-keel, let's just drop their ( and Sevcos) ticket allocation to a 250. That's about the same proportion they give to away fans. Policing costs would tumble.We would probably pick up 6+ extra points every year ( what's that worth in the SPL payout at the end of the year ? And it possibly clinches a Euro place) More home fans with kids would turn out.

Crabbogorgie1986

Not seen this before. Took the link off the Telegraph comments on the game.

http://youtu.be/aVhbxQBtg-w

THIS gloryfication of a child sex predator is on par with the those chanting IRA garbage and the like!! Absolutely disgusting antics by the good few involved, how the **** can we complain the Old Firm antics when more than your average 'minority' retort with this bile?? Double standards!

Tokyo Drifter

I think it's five years at least since I last went to a Celtic game at Tynie. I hated the poisonous atmosphere and I don't think anything would make me watch us play them now, anywhere. Even today - Friday - St John's Road and Corstorphine Road are still littered with broken Buckfast bottles and rubbish bags filled with empty cans. I've seen their coaches just stop in the middle of the road and sling bags of empties out of the door onto the side of the road. Haven't been to many away games except at ER and usually go by train if I do so I don't know if that's just par for the course for all away fans. I hope not.

Ramzan Kadyrov 11

I have a family member whos from a Celtic area through west and is shunned by his mates as he joined the forces .

I could give other exampes but i'd rather not put them in the public domain .

The boy dressed a Jimmy Saville, fantastic :lol:

Couldn't really give a **** about what songs Celtic sing tbh, no matter how distasteful they are. Although if singing songs in support of terrorist organisations is illegal, and if the Provisional IRA is legally defined as a terrorist organisation in the United Kingdom (the answer to both is yes I believe) then you have to ask why they get away with singing these songs en masse when they come to Tynecastle.

The songs are far less of an issue than the physical assaults, robbing, and general scunbaggery of that bunch of sub human filth.

Couldn't really give a **** about what songs Celtic sing tbh, no matter how distasteful they are. Although if singing songs in support of terrorist organisations is illegal, and if the Provisional IRA is legally defined as a terrorist organisation in the United Kingdom (the answer to both is yes I believe) then you have to ask why they get away with singing these songs en masse when they come to Tynecastle.

The songs are far less of an issue than the physical assaults, robbing, and general scunbaggery of that bunch of sub human filth.

You think? It's really not fantastic IMO. You can't even say it's clever.

It's just cringeworthy.

Crabbogorgie1986

Fantastic, really?? Please explain why making light of a sex offender is so 'fantastic'?? Moron!

I think if you actually knew this piece of vermin in person, you would soon chance your mind instantly! Not here to mention names but he is a hun for the record, and has attacked, yes attacked fellow hearts supporters of a much older age for attempting to disgard of a sickening banner made in light of Stilian Petrov's life threatening disease!

So fantastic is he!

Fantastic, really?? Please explain why making light of a sex offender is so 'fantastic'?? Moron!

I think if you actually knew this piece of vermin in person, you would soon chance your mind instantly! Not here to mention names but he is a hun for the record, and has attacked, yes attacked fellow hearts supporters of a much older age for attempting to disgard of a sickening banner made in light of Stilian Petrov's life threatening disease!

So fantastic is he!

Oh get a grip FFS :lol:

It made me laugh and it wound up Tims (all perfectly within the boundaries of the law may I add) so that's fine by me.

Don't really give a **** who the guy is or what he has done previously.

I don't know about you but in my experience of watching football, that sort of stuff is very much in the realms of banter. It goes on at stadiums every weekend and no-one does anything about it - not the police, not the clubs (not really) and certainly not football's governing bodies.

Some people have this image of football as a family sport. I don't. It never has been and never will be, not at professional level anyway. Loads of folk go to the football to get pissed, watch their team and dish out some abuse - most of it the sort of abuse you'd never hear anywhere else. Why anyone wastes time wringing their hands about it, I'll never know.

It's not banter, its disgusting

Us singing since 1902 is banter, the 'Vladimir Romanov, he pays our taxes off' sung at Ibrox last season is banter, hibs playing the Taxman is banter, even the Celtic fans singing 'This is going to be a Tesco' is banter

Making light of a serial sex offender is not banter, its sickening

The fact that these sorts of chants happen on a weekly basis throughout Scotland doesn't excuse it

Nobody notice that looks suspiciously like a Rangers top underneath that hooped shirt of the Saville clown?, so how many of those were in our end with no colours? Not saying we don't have our own idiots but this talk of new faces seems suss to me

Crabbogorgie1986

Oh get a grip FFS :lol:

It made me laugh and it wound up Tims (all perfectly within the boundaries of the law may I add) so that's fine by me.

Don't really give a **** who the guy is or what he has done previously.

I see we are dealing with a mentalist here, one whom believes its a laugh for a Rangers supporter to infiltrate the Hearts support dressed as a serial child molester, who also finds no such problem that the same person and associates have brought their filth into our ground and en route to the semi final last april attacked fellow hearts supporters, 2 of who where elderly!!

Your apathetically deluded attitude is the very problem with a small number of our support! The sooner you GTF the better for all concerned!

It's not banter, its disgusting

Us singing since 1902 is banter, the 'Vladimir Romanov, he pays our taxes off' sung at Ibrox last season is banter, hibs playing the Taxman is banter, even the Celtic fans singing 'This is going to be a Tesco' is banter

Making light of a serial sex offender is not banter, its sickening

The fact that these sorts of chants happen on a weekly basis throughout Scotland doesn't excuse it

singing about Tynecastle becoming a Tesco offends me far more than Jimmy Savile's exploits ever will.

Mainly, because one issue directly affects me, and the other does not.

I see we are dealing with a mentalist here, one whom believes its a laugh for a Rangers supporter to infiltrate the Hearts support dressed as a serial child molester, who also finds no such problem that the same person and associates have brought their filth into our ground and en route to the semi final last april attacked fellow hearts supporters, 2 of who where elderly!!

Your apathetically deluded attitude is the very problem with a small number of our support! The sooner you GTF the better for all concerned!

I think it's you that's coming across as a mentalist mate tbh :(

I was talking about that Savile incident in isolation. I found it funny. If you didn't that's fair enough, seethe on. I'm not in a position to comment on the lad's previous antics as I know nothing about them.

I won't be going anywhere, in fact my Savile wig and cigar are on order for the next time we play them :smuggy:

Football was always a sport for the working classes and somewhere men could go to enjoy a beer and a bit banter. The notion that families went to games is laughable, father and son maybe but not wife and daughter as well. I'm not saying families shouldn't go to games because we want to encourage as many as possible however in the past twenty years or so we have had a crossover of the types of people who go to football, this along with all seated stadiums has almost killed of any real rivalry other than the odd occasion but when things get a bit excitable as some may say happened on Wednesday we have the pc brigade going into overdrive, some people appear to be scared to go to Celtic games and to some it's the least favourite fixture of the season. I would say to those folk to stay in the house and hide behind the curtains until the games over and go to bed if that's the way you feel.

Radioactive Mince

Football was always a sport for the working classes and somewhere men could go to enjoy a beer and a bit banter. The notion that families went to games is laughable, father and son maybe but not wife and daughter as well. I'm not saying families shouldn't go to games because we want to encourage as many as possible however in the past twenty years or so we have had a crossover of the types of people who go to football, this along with all seated stadiums has almost killed of any real rivalry other than the odd occasion but when things get a bit excitable as some may say happened on Wednesday we have the pc brigade going into overdrive, some people appear to be scared to go to Celtic games and to some it's the least favourite fixture of the season. I would say to those folk to stay in the house and hide behind the curtains until the games over and go to bed if that's the way you feel.

I'd enjoy the fixture a whole lot more if it were legal and above board to just surge at the ***** and pagger feck out of them.

Seeing as it's totally against the law, I have no desire for any Hearts supporter - be they male, female, young or old - to feel like they cannot walk the streets of their own city without protection from these scummy neanderthals. See, if we were just allowed to be scummy neanderthals too, I doubt they'd act the ***** quite so much.

But we're not. That's why the fixture is a bogey for many. Liberty taking scum descending on your home patch, almost endorsed by the authorities football and civil.

Scotland's shame.

I'd enjoy the fixture a whole lot more if it were legal and above board to just surge at the ***** and pagger feck out of them.

Seeing as it's totally against the law, I have no desire for any Hearts supporter - be they male, female, young or old - to feel like they cannot walk the streets of their own city without protection from these scummy neanderthals. See, if we were just allowed to be scummy neanderthals too, I doubt they'd act the ***** quite so much.

But we're not. That's why the fixture is a bogey for many. Liberty taking scum descending on your home patch, almost endorsed by the authorities football and civil.

Scotland's shame.

It does appear that celtic are untouchable by all authority, Hearts fans in the past took matters into their own hands when having to deal with them however the police etc should be dealing with them but they're not.

Nobody notice that looks suspiciously like a Rangers top underneath that hooped shirt of the Saville clown?, so how many of those were in our end with no colours? Not saying we don't have our own idiots but this talk of new faces seems suss to me

Not sure if it a rangers top, but the boy is a Rangers fan according to one of his mates, I am informed.

Crabbogorgie1986

I think it's you that's coming across as a mentalist mate tbh :(

I was talking about that Savile incident in isolation. I found it funny. If you didn't that's fair enough, seethe on. I'm not in a position to comment on the lad's previous antics as I know nothing about them.

I won't be going anywhere, in fact my Savile wig and cigar are on order for the next time we play them :smuggy:

I wonder if the matter would all be a bundle of laughs if one of your family members was a victim of child abuse??

Enjoy your banning order from Tynecastle my friend....you won't be missed!!

MacDonald Jardine

Exactly. There's been a few "it's getting worse" posts.

Compared to what? Not the 70s or 80s.

Archived