Celtic fans behaviour

Dr. Bapswent

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the Celtic fans behaviour yesterday. They were pumping us, so they mocked us, it might hurt, but hey its part of football.If we were winning 4-0 at Parkhead or Easter Road or anywhere else we'd do exactly the same.

People getting up in arms about flares (none of which ended up on the pitch) obviously have forgotten our support throwing smoke bombs on the pitch twice at Easter Road two years ago, and the general consensus here (myself included) was that they were pretty cool and added to the atmosphere of ramming it up the hobos.

As for their more "political" songs, whilst they undoubtedly have nothing to do with football and as such have little place being sung at a football ground, its ludicrous in the extreme to suggest they should be prosecuted for singing them, if anyone can point me to a song sang last night by Celtic fans with criminal lyrics I'd be very surprised.

You are spot on mate,

Singing songs that glorify organisations that has murdered children!!!! What's wrong with that? :stunned:

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Singing oh ah up the 'RA, oh ah up the 'RA.

Come on join in - its a bit of fun. What better to celebrate at a football match than a group of child-murdering terrorists?

Singing oh ah up the 'RA, oh ah up the 'RA.

Of course it has no place at a game of football, but you can't prosecute people for their political beliefs.

If the songs were sectarian in nature, which there are laws against, then it would be different, but they weren't.

You are spot on mate,

Singing songs that glorify organisations that has murdered children!!!! What's wrong with that? :stunned:

A dangerous route to go down when you consider some of the songs coming from our own support...

Well yeah, I have seen Hearts fans smash up seats at Easter Road before, so aye we would do it :L

If they were fighting with the police again last night which I wasn't aware they were then that's obviously worthy of condemnation.

You said if we were 4-0 up at Parkhead, Easter Road or anywhere else.

Right. Parkhead you cannae fart without being huckled, so no we wouldn't. Easter Road we've been 4-0 up a fair few times - cannae mind seats being smashed in celebrations. I'll happily be proven wrong. Tell you what, we were 5-1 up at Hampden against the shite, and I guarantee not one bit of bother was caused within the ground. I did see some ruffians smoking cigars after the fifth went in, mind.

I'm glad you agree with me on the stewards though. There were plenty photos of it on social media, and it's been confirmed above.

A dangerous route to go down when you consider some of the songs coming from our own support...

When you say 'our own support', can you clarify what team you are referring to?

Talkofthetoon1874

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the Celtic fans behaviour yesterday. They were pumping us, so they mocked us, it might hurt, but hey its part of football.If we were winning 4-0 at Parkhead or Easter Road or anywhere else we'd do exactly the same.

People getting up in arms about flares (none of which ended up on the pitch) obviously have forgotten our support throwing smoke bombs on the pitch twice at Easter Road two years ago, and the general consensus here (myself included) was that they were pretty cool and added to the atmosphere of ramming it up the hobos.

As for their more "political" songs, whilst they undoubtedly have nothing to do with football and as such have little place being sung at a football ground, its ludicrous in the extreme to suggest they should be prosecuted for singing them, if anyone can point me to a song sang last night by Celtic fans with criminal lyrics I'd be very surprised.

This :down: Jog on

Best to be avoided then? Pretend it didn't happen and wait till next time Scotland's shame comes to town . . OR maybe political songs should be banned as well. . .

Away and dinnae talk shite.

Smashing up seats and fighting with stewards? Nothing wrong with that, aye?

We'd do that aye?

Absolute ****ing slavers.

I agree with this 100%

Best to be avoided then? Pretend it didn't happen and wait till next time Scotland's shame comes to town . . OR maybe political songs should be banned as well. . .

I'm not saying we should pretend it didn't happen. But any examination of the most unsavoury songs coming from the away end should come alongside an examination of the ones coming from our own fans.

Nucky Thompson

There is no fecking danger you are a Hearts fan

Guest Bilel Mohsni

When you say 'our own support', can you clarify what team you are referring to?

And who the "H" in his "FTH" signature refers to.

Doctor FinnBarr

Of course it has no place at a game of football, but you can't prosecute people for their political beliefs.

If the songs were sectarian in nature, which there are laws against, then it would be different, but they weren't.

Aha, so the songs were political rather than sectarian, aye?

Reckon I can guess who you really support now

This fixture will continue to be a problem untill L&B police take a hardline no nonsence approach.

This ^^^^^^^ L&B Police need to grow a pair and soon. Would also like to see HMFC identify and ban the people involved, after all Hearts have names on data base.

Epic fail.

I'm not saying we should pretend it didn't happen. But any examination of the most unsavoury songs coming from the away end should come alongside an examination of the ones coming from our own fans.

Well start a thread about it, Lets not play the old firm game of whatabouter..... Scotland's shame (celtic) (Old firm) have gotten away with their hatred for far to long.

Lets be honest these so called fans are just uneducated morons,They come from one of the most deprived city in europe full of knife merchents and wifebeaters.

Are you a Hearts fan that was a the game last night?

Are you a Hearts fan that was a the game last night?

I was indeed, and it remains my least favourite fixture on the calender.

Friend of my daughters had his brand new car wrecked by the peasants. Covered in green paint.

Don't really know why I'm shocked anymore. This lot have been the scum of the earth to me since a grown man spat at me and tried to head butt me in 1974. I was 11.

I might be wrong here, but isn't it illegal to show support for terrorist organisations?

Friend of my daughters had his brand new car wrecked by the peasants. Covered in green paint.

Don't really know why I'm shocked anymore. This lot have been the scum of the earth to me since a grown man spat at me and tried to head butt me in 1974. I was 11.

Similar story, about 20 years ago I was pushing a wheelchair out of Celtic Park and some cretin spat on the guy I was pushing. You can guess what happened next.

At least have the balls to be upfront about who you support. I mean, why bother hiding behind the ridiculous notion that you're a Hearts fan?

Only a Celtic or Hibs (even they tend to have some standards) fan would come out with that pish about the IRA. If you're genuinely a Hearts fan, then you can't be any older than 13 if that's the opinion you harbour regarding the shite those mhanky *******s sing.

Similar story, about 20 years ago I was pushing a wheelchair out of Celtic Park and some cretin spat on the guy I was pushing. You can guess what happened next.

When I was about 10 I was standing outside the William Hills on the corner of Smithfield St and Gorgie Rd when I was attacked by a group of grown men (Celtic fans) after the match. I was covered from head to toe is spit and they even threw a few punches at me.

Make no mistake about it, they are scum bags, and I ******* despise every last one of them.

Nucky Thompson

I might be wrong here, but isn't it illegal to show support for terrorist organisations?

He'll be back on shortly to tell us that they're not terrorists but freedom fighters

He'll be back on shortly to tell us that they're not terrorists but freedom fighters

They are terrorists. FACT!

Ask the mothers of the 2 children who were blown up one Saturday afternoon in Warrington.

Nucky Thompson

They are terrorists. FACT!

Ask the mothers of the 2 children who were blown up one Saturday afternoon in Warrington.

I know that mate

Ramzan Kadyrov 11

Away and play with a razor ya silly bairn

Its always been the same with them.......not that i ever joined in , but back in the 80`s as a wee nipper, i used to stand by the main road in the Calders and watch their buses get tanned by the local bams as they made their way hame after a game at Tynie.........feck them, deserve it. They`ve always came through here and made a mess of the place, hassled locals around Gorgie before matches and been general mouthpieces.

You reap what you sow......

I don't have an issue with the songs tbh...as unsavoury as they are.

However, the fighting stewards, smashing seats and spitting at people is sub-human.

Hobo alert!!!

Obviously theres nothing wrong with the assault on the ball boy we wittnessed then! The thunderflashes being set off as well, theyre actually controlled under the firearms act, and id like to point out that if we were to sing something like the sash we would be arrested for it. I saw people being booted out for flying the union jack! now come on, i realise youre a hobo troll but get real pal!

I am really not offended by their songs, if truth be told I can never work out what they are singing and dont know the tunes etc - I was brought up in a family of mixed religion so was never exposed to any of the old firm party songs.

One of the things I found most disturbing last night was the loud bangs (thunderflashes) it sounded like a gun going off and was very scary for the kids at the match. A poisonous fixture that I am not sure I will let my kids go to in future. Although i think its sad that Hearts suffer as a result of the away fans behaviour!

Hobo alert!!!

Obviously theres nothing wrong with the assault on the ball boy we wittnessed then! The thunderflashes being set off as well, theyre actually controlled under the firearms act, and id like to point out that if we were to sing something like the sash we would be arrested for it. I saw people being booted out for flying the union jack! now come on, i realise youre a hobo troll but get real pal!

I never knew about any ball boy getting assaulted, I'll file that one under the attacks on the police I also hadn't heard about as worthy of condemnation.

My post referred to their setting off of flares and their choice of songs, which I believe was nothing to get into a tizzy about, and people have subsequently made up a few things to put into my mouth and attribute to me, the nature of disagreement I suppose.

The people calling me a Hobo or whatever don't really bother me, anyone who takes the slightest look at my profile/twitter etc will know thats a load of nonsense, and indeed on JKB, the last resort in expressing opposition.

speedygonzales

Same ****, different day. 14 years ago when I stayed in Wheatfield, selllic fans parked in our street (they must have been lost), the neighbour watched them rip the hub caps off my car and stick them in the boot of theirs. How low can you get, stealing fake plastic Austin hub caps off a classic(?) F-plate Maestro, that car was a piece of crap yet it was still an attractive target for that mob----SCUM!

Well yeah, I have seen Hearts fans smash up seats at Easter Road before, so aye we would do it :L

If they were fighting with the police again last night which I wasn't aware they were then that's obviously worthy of condemnation.

Must hurt never to have seen your mob win the Scottish Cup whilst most of us have seen it 3 times culminating in an absolute humping in the biggest Edinburgh Derby in History.... sleepy sleepy ~~~~~.

Must hurt never to have seen your mob win the Scottish Cup whilst most of us have seen it 3 times culminating in an absolute humping in the biggest Edinburgh Derby in History.... sleepy sleepy ~~~~~.

u0cgC.jpg

:verysmug:

took a bit for you to find your Heartsness considering others had said the same, but i stand corrected. Well played Saan!

:verysmug:

Are Celtic like this at other away grounds? Bunch of animals.

Well they caused serious damage at rugby park last year when they won the league there and they burned seats at Ibrox at the youth cup final. The year before the green brigade set off flares and burned seats at hampden in the youth cup final

Hobo alert!!!

Not to defend the boy in any way but I refuse to believe anyone got lifted last night just for flying the union flag, the boy in question (if it was the boy in G) was acting like a bellend the entire game, along with plenty others.

The best way around this problem is to reduce their allocation. They were a lot quieter the last time we did that back in 2006/07(iirc). I would only give them 2 sections maximum. LBP would also be more willing to sort them out if we did that. I'm sure Hearts fans would fill the other sections no problem knowing that there would not be as much bile spewing out from them.

I am really not offended by their songs, if truth be told I can never work out what they are singing and dont know the tunes etc - I was brought up in a family of mixed religion so was never exposed to any of the old firm party songs.

One of the things I found most disturbing last night was the loud bangs (thunderflashes) it sounded like a gun going off and was very scary for the kids at the match. A poisonous fixture that I am not sure I will let my kids go to in future. Although i think its sad that Hearts suffer as a result of the away fans behaviour!

i'm the same lou

i tend to be singing hearts songs or watching the match and i really don't know many of their songs either.

i hate that they get away with it though, when if we were to sing hello hello (F..... blood version which i never sing for the record) we'd be properly done for it.

anyone getting offended by a flag or a song is not really suited for football BUT to treat one set of supporters differently to another is not acceptable.

Archived