Celtic

wibble

Have to laugh at the way a guy quotes from the Bible on a football thread and gets attacked for it, but Joey Barton tweets some tripe from one or other "philosopher" and he is some sort of post-modern intellectual. Pseudo-intellectual at best more like.

The only thing worse than people going out of their way to tell you how anti-religion they are, is people going out of their way to tell you why you're wrong*.

*In their eyes, anyway.

If you don't think [i]"be sure your sin will find you out"[/i] is not a pertinent quote for the Lennon situation, you're even more deluded than you seem to be already!!!

Enjoy your bitterness - it will cost you!

While you may be right - in the eyes of his massed congregation and devout followers (see what I did there :thumbsup: ) he has been the one sinned against ???

Only a matter of time before this comes to fruition and we all have to take a good look at ourselves... :rolleyes:

IF this comes to fruition, I'm pretty sure if I took a good look at myself I would see something like...

:verysmug:

or maybe even

:fonzie:

or possibly even

:kirk:

But then I'd think about it for a minute & then I'd be like

:qqb017:

It will cost me? hahahahahahahah yeah as I fear that when I die I will wait at the pearly gates.

And for the record there are hundreds of religions out there and you only reject 1 less than me - you think about that dude.

Your suggestion that I haven't thought about is, with the slightest bit of thought yourself, thoughtless!!!

Serious question - If what I believe is so ridiculously infantile (and I have never treated any other religion, which I obviously disagree with, with such a childish, petty attitude) then why get so upset and bitter about it? Think about that, dude!!!

And to suggest that because there are many religions that I haven't the right before man to believe in mine, to use an analogy, is kind of like saying there are hundreds of football teams out there and I have no right to support Hearts.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Your suggestion that I haven't thought about is, with the slightest bit of thought yourself, thoughtless!!!

Serious question - If what I believe is so ridiculously infantile (and I have never treated any other religion, which I obviously disagree with, with such a childish, petty attitude) then why get so upset and bitter about it? Think about that, dude!!!

And to suggest that because there are many religions that I haven't the right before man to believe in mine, to use an analogy, is kind of like saying there are hundreds of football teams out there and I have no right to support Hearts.

Hundreds of football teams, Colin? Nonsense - there's only one. And they play in maroon, as well you know.

Edit: sorry, forgot to add "Dude!"

(It appears to be compulsory - although I have no idea what it means......).

IF this comes to fruition, I'm pretty sure if I took a good look at myself I would see something like...

:verysmug:

or maybe even

:fonzie:

or possibly even

:kirk:

But then I'd think about it for a minute & then I'd be like

:qqb017:

The Fonz takes it... :thumbsup:

Game, Set & Match to Colin on that one!!!

Ok why are you not a Muslim? Because if you speak to them they will tell you matter of factly that you are an infidel and you will burn.

Colin you are a christian that's great. It's your life. You wish to dedicate your life worshiping someone who you don't know existed. Why not dedicate your life to worshiping your parents as it is fact that they created you. Sing songs about them and celebrate them.

Why do you reject Islam?serious question?

Game, Set & Match to Colin on that one!!!

oh dear! Seriously where do I begin with the vast differences between supporting a team and worshipping an invisible man.

The only similarity is that a Hearts fan is no better off than a Blackburn Rovers fan. Hearts fans do not live longer, get less illnesses or have a better afterlife. And all the praying in the world wont win Hearts or Blackburn the league this year.

Radioactive Mince

Candi Staton's version's the best..

I prefer the Pat Stanton one...

Suspishous Pants.

:vrface:

Oh yeah, **** Gawd/praise the Lawwwwwd/whatever!

oh dear! Seriously where do I begin with the vast differences between supporting a team and worshipping an invisible man.

The only similarity is that a Hearts fan is no better off than a Blackburn Rovers fan. Hearts fans do not live longer, get less illnesses or have a better afterlife. And all the praying

in the world wont win Hearts or Blackburn the league this year.

You missed out the word "dude" this time!

Ok why are you not a Muslim? Because if you speak to them they will tell you matter of factly that you are an infidel and you will burn.

Do you know this for a fact?

Colin you are a christian that's great. It's your life. You wish to dedicate your life worshiping someone who you don't know existed. Why not dedicate your life to worshiping your parents as it is fact that they created you. Sing songs about them and celebrate them.

Monotheism is all about supporting one god. I think they all support and worship the same god but for some reason they think they are different because of the way they worship this same god...............I'm confused :unsure:

Quite simply, because Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father except through me!" That makes Jesus a either a madman, or a liar or who He says He is and any OPEN-MINDED question about Jesus of Nazareth suggests he was neither mad nor bad!

I lived 43 years of my life not believing in God, saying similar stuff to you and, after 24 hours of a spiritual dogfight, I gave in to the One who came for me and I've spent the last 21 as a Bible believing Christian!

When the eyes of the soul are opened, what can be seen is stunning and worth more than anything this world has to offer!

So much more but you won't be interested!

Monotheism is all about supporting one god. I think they all support and worship the same god but for some reason they think they are different because of the way they worship this same god...............I'm confused :unsure:

That only relates to the 3 big ones christianity judaism and islam.

There are hundreds of religions and gods they say.

It's quite apt that this debate is on a thread about Celtic. You only have to look at Celtic and their vile twins to see how awful and bullshit it all is.

A scientologist which possibly is the most delusional will not share colin's views.

Quite simply, because Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father except through me!" That makes Jesus a either a madman, or a liar or who He says He is and any OPEN-MINDED question about Jesus of Nazareth suggests he was neither mad nor bad!

I lived 43 years of my life not believing in God, saying similar stuff to you and, after 24 hours of a spiritual dogfight, I gave in to the One who came for me and I've spent the last 21 as a Bible believing Christian!

When the eyes of the soul are opened, what can be seen is stunning and worth more than anything this world has to offer!

So much more but you won't be interested!

But Colin I AM VERY INTERESTED. I spend a lot of time studying religion. I see the irony but even at school I was getting top marks at R.E and debating at an early age about it. There's tons I don't know about it but I continually read books on it, watch docus, wikipedia.

It's my favourite debate (even more than politics and the current social decay). I keep learning and love hearing people's views.

I know you and the good Doc think I pick on you both but if u listen I am not on a crusade (excuse the pun) against christianity as I abuse them all and never just pick on one.

Please take time to go to the 'god in a nutshell' in the shed and we can continue this as this is the terrace. But please know I enjoy it and your views very much interest me.

Archived