Manchester Utd v Chelsea 4pm KO

jambo_

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is embarassing. Utd are light years ahead of this mob.

Except that the first half's been virtually even. 3-0 is ludicrous. But if Chelsea keep picking that useless carthorse Torres... :angry:

But still, Villas-Boas is heading for a hammering here. Meaning that somewhere in Madrid, his former mentor will be feeling rather :smuggy: And a bit ::troll:::'> as well.

now now, we were greatly underestimating this Chelski team!!!

:greggy:

:D indeed. Any team with pace and especially the elit of Barca, Real and Utd will rip this shower to shreds over 2 legs. Terry is slower than Bouzid and Fletcher who has hardly kicked a ball in anger has Lampard in his pocket as usual. Whilst Utd have lost key servants they have freshened and revitailised their whole club. Chelski have failed miserably to do likewise.

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

But still, Villas-Boas is heading for a hammering here. Meaning that somewhere in Madrid, his former mentor will be feeling rather :smuggy: And a bit ::troll:::'> as well.

Why would he be :smuggy: about one his best mates and former colleagues employed at a club he loves and is hero-worshipped at being absolutely humiliated?

:D indeed. Any team with pace and especially the elit of Barca, Real and Utd will rip this shower to shreds over 2 legs. Terry is slower than Bouzid and Fletcher who has hardly kicked a ball in anger has Lampard in his pocket as usual. Whilst Utd have lost key servants they have freshened and revitailised their whole club. Chelski have failed miserably to do likewise.

Agree, Chelski have tried to improve by bringing in Liverpool rejects :woot: really clever

Why would he be :smuggy: about one his best mates and former colleagues employed at a club he loves and is hero-worshipped at being absolutely humiliated?

Because first, he loves Fergie; second, every Chelsea failure makes him look even better; and third, he and Villas-Boas aren't mates any more.

In football, Mourinho is a man of war - and he'll take great affront if AV-B achieves anything like as much as he has. I think they'll end up sworn enemies tbh.

Frightening to think Barcelona made Man U look like school boys.

Indeed. That was just a few months back, and you could argue that Barcelona have strengthened their squad since then more than Man Yoo have.

Will be interesting to see what happens next time they meet (probably this season in the CL final...).

Finishes 2-2 at Craven Cottage.

:thumbsup:

Sounds like Manchester City woke up and suddenly remembered they were Manchester City again. :facepalm:

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

Because first, he loves Fergie; second, every Chelsea failure makes him look even better; and third, he and Villas-Boas aren't mates any more.

In football, Mourinho is a man of war - and he'll take great affront if AV-B achieves anything like as much as he has. I think they'll end up sworn enemies tbh.

Ah right, okay. laugh.gif

Didn't know they had a fall-out. Good point about Chelsea's failure as well - probably strokes his ego quite a bit.

United's first two goals were offside.

I'm pretty sure the first wasn't (would have to see again), but am certain that the second definitely wasn't...

I'm pretty sure the first wasn't (would have to see again), but am certain that the second definitely wasn't...

definately was, nani ran back onside from an offside position.

Frightening to think Barcelona made Man U look like school boys.

It's almost a completely different United team now, tbf.

And with that, there's something you don't see every day :blink: :blink: Second ever goal for the club FFS :rofl:

Except that the first half's been virtually even. 3-0 is ludicrous. But if Chelsea keep picking that useless carthorse Torres... :angry:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

He's still a useless carthorse, champ. :thumbsup:

Five Live confirming that two of United's goals were offside, by the way. :down: So the score should actually be 1-1 - in this game in which, y'know, United have been on another planet from Chelsea apparently... :whistling:

It's almost a completely different United team now, tbf.

And with that, there's something you don't see every day :blink: :blink: Second ever goal for the club FFS :rofl:

That's it down to ?25m per goal.

:rofl:

He's still a useless carthorse, champ. :thumbsup:

Five Live confirming that two of United's goals were offside, by the way. :down:

Some of us have rich person's telly and have already seen the goals in multiple angle replays thanks, Ken Wolstenholme. :verysmug:

Groan. Think Chelsea have taken a leaf out of the England in comeback mode v Germany manual. :vrface:

EDIT: Oops. Rooney reminding the world that, amidst all his gifts, he remains English. :facepalm:

Foregtting about the top 2 or 3 a minute this weekend has been an incredible one results wise for tightening up the rest of the EPL. Wins for the 3 promoted sides (apparently the first time that has happened in over 4 years on the same weekend) and also for the struggling Blackburn, Sunderland and Everton and a great point for Fulham see things very competitive for the bottom half. Can't see any side being cast adrift this season.

Dowd fecking loves Man Utd. One of those refs who just has to have an influence and be seen every game. If they were allowed to wear their names on the back of his shirt he most definitely would. Complete ******, their very own Brines. Hahaha what the feck was that, seen it all now.

If Phil O'dowd carries on like this he's gonna end up in the SPL. He is absolutely attrocious. Man U clearly denied a goal scoring opportunity but no red card **

**Ref obviously got it totally wrong but the Chelsea player wasn't even booked. How can you award a pen in this circumstances and not red card the defender ?

Compounded by the crazy booking of Ramires earlier for a non foul and his bottling out of booking Cashley Cole.

Foregtting about the top 2 or 3 a minute this weekend has been an incredible one results wise for tightening up the rest of the EPL. Wins for the 3 promoted sides (apparently the first time that has happened in over 4 years on the same weekend) and also for the struggling Blackburn, Sunderland and Everton and a great point for Fulham see things very competitive for the bottom half. Can't see any side being cast adrift this season.

Dowd fecking loves Man Utd. One of those refs who just has to have an influence and be seen every game. If they were allowed to wear their names on the back of his shirt he most definitely would. Complete ******, their very own Brines. Hahaha what the feck was that, seen it all now.

I think Swansea and Norwich ultimately will be - and that Blackburn will go down with them. This weekend has also shown what happens to sides on their return from European duty (Stoke, Celtic - them getting back into the Euro Vase could cost them the title :smuggy: - even City to an extent; and vindicated Redknapp picking a youth team in midweek). The side I'm really surprised at, though, are West Brom: they were absurdly fortunate to win at Carrow Road last weekend, and their result yesterday will set alarm bells ringing there.

I think Swansea and Norwich ultimately will be - and that Blackburn will go down with them. This weekend has also shown what happens to sides on their return from European duty (Stoke, Celtic - them getting back into the Euro Vase could cost them the title :smuggy: - even City to an extent; and vindicated Redknapp picking a youth team in midweek). The side I'm really surprised at, though, are West Brom: they were absurdly fortunate to win at Carrow Road last weekend, and their result yesterday will set alarm bells ringing there.

Totally agree re the Europa Cup although it was a good comeback from Fulham and think your shout about Sellick could be a good one. Lennons naivety is as likely to cost them as well, god alone knows why he didn't sub Mulgrew before he was inevitably sent off today.

Not sure I agree about Swansea or Norwich though as they have coaches I rate very highly and I think that whilst they have taken a few weeks to adapt and get a win they have performed with a lot of credit and there is no reason why they can't compete with several of the other sides and make a real fight of it. Law of averages suggests at least one go but I don't see it being on 30pts or anything more likely unlucky on 39/40.

By the way I think someone must have told Torres you were ripping the pesh out of him as he has been a man posessed this 2nd half !!!

ashley cole with a pretty horrendous challenge.

That deserved a red card.

Quite funny listening to Craig Burley trying to discuss the philosophical question of whether it should have been a penalty.

How he can book Cole without it being a foul? :unsure:

Indeed.

If it was deemed out of play, you could argue that it was an off-the-ball assault...

Archived