Hearts Top Goalscorer

Tenor

If I had asked this question 2 months ago, most people would be saying "it'll be Sutton".

Now, though, I'd love to see who people think will be this season's top goalscorer.

My opinion... it'll be Stevenson.

Sorry to be negative but, it won't be Elliot!!!

Sorry to agree with your negativity, but I have NEVER thought he would be our top goalscorer.

I don't doubt his work ethic, I know he puts in 100%, but he's just not good enough at scoring goals. End of.

Skacel :whistling:

he'd have to get a game first. If he did it would be a cert. However, I'll go for Hamill also, purely on pens......maybe about 5.

Agreed it won't be Elliot,his legs seem to be one inch too short as nearly every week he is an inch away from connecting with the ball.

I think Stevo will hit double figures this season and as long as the rest of the team weigh in with some we'll be ok.

Think if Elliott has a run in the team he'll hit double figures too but he really should be scoring more of his chances

I would prefer that goals come from throughout the team rather than a dependence on a single goal-scorer. On current form, however, it looks like it might be Stevo who leads the pack.

J Cheever Loophole

If Temps hits the form he showed around this time last year he should comfortably hit double figures.

Big "if"I'm afraid,would love it happening though.

Stevenson with 8

Hamill with 6 pens

Skacel with 5

and Sutton will score twice against Aberdeen in August.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

It will clearly be stevo, sutton is off form and skacel and elliott don't get a game

:orly?:

At the moment it's looking like Stevenson but Hamill will take the penalties and he's got a good record from the spot. Fancy a lot of players to chip in this season and we'll have a few players on a similar amount.

Sorry to be negative but, it won't be Elliot!!!

Agreed it won't be Elliot,his legs seem to be one inch too short as nearly every week he is an inch away from connecting with the ball.

I agree Elliot who has been out injured for months and prob will never play for us again wont be top goalscorer but EliioTT who plays week in and week out I think will come good as the season goes on

I agree Elliot who has been out injured for months and prob will never play for us again wont be top goalscorer but EliioTT who plays week in and week out I think will come good as the season goes on

If I had meant to type EllioTT, I would have typed EllioTT!!!

Snake Plissken

Stevenson with 8

Hamill with 6 pens

Skacel with 5

and Sutton will score twice against Aberdeen in August.

I think this is pretty accurate.

I think Temps and Mehdi will pitch in with 4-5 goals as well.

quincy adams wagstaff

If I had asked this question 2 months ago, most people would be saying "it'll be Sutton".

Now, though, I'd love to see who people think will be this season's top goalscorer.

My opinion... it'll be Stevenson.

hopefully someone who's yet to sign for us :mellow:

How many goals has Elliott scored at Tynie? I can only remember 1 against Aberdeen in 5-0 win.

Sutton has already beaten that record.

I think it will be Stevo this season.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

How many goals has Elliott scored at Tynie? I can only remember 1 against Aberdeen in 5-0 win.

Sutton has already beaten that record.

I think it will be Stevo this season.

That's it I think. IIRC, he got 8 last season (Aberdeen, 2 v Hibs, 2 v Hamilton, Inverness and 2 v Killie).

Add a few more goals to his game and he'd be a top player for us I reckon.

That's it I think. IIRC, he got 8 last season (Aberdeen, 2 v Hibs, 2 v Hamilton, Inverness and 2 v Killie).

Add a few more goals to his game and he'd be a top player for us I reckon.

I concur. He offers a lot already, but strikers are judged by goals. His overall contribution is excellent though.

I suspect that Elliott is the man that suits Sergios needs at the moment but would think that one of his top priorities in January will be to bring in a front player who can play the way he wants AND convert a higher %'age of chances. It is difficult to critcise Elliot too much because of his work ethic and he obviously suits Sergios needs at the moment but he jsut doesn't have that predatory instinct to get on the end of things and when he does hsi conversion rate is poor.

So maybe our top scorer has still to put pen to paper.

Elliott's the kind of player who, when he gets one, he goes on a wee run. Always gets himself into the positions and seems to be favoured up front, so I will go with him as a risky bet. Stevo is the front runner at the minute though.

Elliott's the kind of player who, when he gets one, he goes on a wee run. Always gets himself into the positions and seems to be favoured up front, so I will go with him as a risky bet. Stevo is the front runner at the minute though.

Seems to me that the mood on KB is changing with regard to Elliott.

The general view used to be that he works hard and is likely to be the latest 'new Robbo' once he got his fitness right, a great penalty box striker. The point that he had only 1 good goalscoring season in his career was sidelined.

Now it seems to me that the general view is shifting to yes he works hard but he misses most of his chances and Sutton/Stevenson/Smith could score more from those chances.

My view hasn't changed much. He deserves credit for getting into the positions of course and is a decent team player. But there is nothing he is going to do about those big duck feet which mean he is a clumsy player. Frustrating.

The strange thing for me, Coco, is that his goals for the club have tended to have been quite clinical finishes and striker's type goals, and when he plays up front he does have a knack for getting in the positions you want to see your striker in. He's still never had a proper run in the side up front and certainly not playing off someone, where I think he'd be most effective.

IMO he's our best bet up front and his erratic finishing is a price worth paying for his all around contribution.

The strange thing for me, Coco, is that his goals for the club have tended to have been quite clinical finishes and striker's type goals, and when he plays up front he does have a knack for getting in the positions you want to see your striker in. He's still never had a proper run in the side up front and certainly not playing off someone, where I think he'd be most effective.

IMO he's our best bet up front and his erratic finishing is a price worth paying for his all around contribution.

Agree with the first group of points. That is why he is frustrating in missing so many chances.

My front group of players would be Skacel in advanced midfield with either Suso or Templeton and Driver playing off Stevenson.

If Sutton got a run in the team, he'd be on at least 12 by the end of the season. He's played 6, so minus the 3 European games he started, he's started 3 and scored 2....not too bad for a player who is apparently off form.

If he does end up on the heap and doesn't play or leaves in January, it'll be Stevenson/Driver.

Elliott won't score all that many imo (desperately wanting to be proved wrong on that, as I like his attitude).

Rudi I reckon will be gone come January.

Smith? Won't get enough games to get past 2 or 3.

Elliot, nope, none or 5 at most (them coming if we get Berwick in the cup).

Glen, nope, doubt he'll even play tbh.

Taouil, only got 7 for Killie in his time there, so have doubts on his ability to find the back of the net enough to be our top scorer.

Kyle, if he returns it'll be a surprise, but I live in hope he will be back!

Hamill, pens & free kicks, maybe 10 goals this season, more if we get any more pens, but I think we have had our quota for this season.

Ryan Stevenson, which is a sad reflection on our strikers really, as he joined us as a midfielder. Also,

it would follow on from last season, when another midfielder was our top scorer!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Elliott/Sutton/Stevenson all with 5.

If Ryan gets credited with the Lee Mair OG he will be on four already will he not? Even if he doesn't and he is on three... I see him hitting A LOT more than just five this season.

Sutton's on two and the only thing that will stop him getting more than five is if he doesn't get a game.

Elliott? If he stays injury free then he will skoosh more than five.

Show some ambition man! :lol:

If Ryan gets credited with the Lee Mair OG he will be on four already will he not? Even if he doesn't and he is on three... I see him hitting A LOT more than just five this season.

Sutton's on two and the only thing that will stop him getting more than five is if he doesn't get a game.

Elliott? If he stays injury free then he will skoosh more than five.

Show some ambition man! :lol:

Eliott/Sutton/Stevenson all with 25

If Stephen Elliott was played up top every game with a partner like a fit Kyle or a much improved Sutton reckon he would top the scoring charts.

He does miss a few but he tends to get in the right positions that produces goals like the 2 he scored at Fester Rd last season. <_<

What makes you think Driver though? He has barely played and isnt really a goal scrorer - more chance with Taoil or Templeton to be honest, dont you think?

I reckon Driver has more ability to get goals. If Temps gets back to full and top form and keeps it going then I think he'd probably be up there, but I seriously doubt he will. Taouil played about 107 for Killie scored 5. Not a great platform to go from at Hearts.

Driver has the ability to be a consistent attacker for us. He always drives into the box and takes a shot so I reckon he'd get closer than the other two. Half of this is also a degree of I hope he comes back better than ever, but I do think he's a great player for us when he gets back to full fitness and has the potential to bag us goals.

Then again, I reckon this year will be like that of two or 3 seasons ago when we had 3 players on 7 goals each as top scorers. SO I'm not saying 20 or anything ridiculous.

Archived