Ryan Stevenson

Craigieboy

Great example of a player making the very best of the ability he has through sheer hard graft. Not the best player by a long way, but is technically quite decent and fits in to PS's way of playing. But what a tremendous work ethic and attitude to the game. Keep pushing yourself big man

Wasn't a fan of Stevo before. Thought he was a useful sub at best. This season has changed my mind. He has clearly put in a ton of work to improve although I do think he stands out more due to a poor midfield in general.

cardboardcutout

can you imagine rudi combined with stevenson's work rate! Every team needs a grafter and he scores important goals into the bargain!

Opposition players dont needle him unlike every tattoo artist in scotland! :thumbsup:

chester copperpot

just half way through watching the BBC alba game as thought he was superb today. I'm glad to say he's been great for us watching him back on the telly too. Good to see my eyes didnt decieve me at the game. I didnt like him, but I am warming greatly to him now.

alicante jambo

Hope webster reads this thread.Stevenson is a good lad just needed time to settle as this was a big move for him.He turned it on at the end of last season when most of the team were rank.Go on son put yourself in the frame for an international call up. :thumbsup:

Amazed he didnt get MotM awards, amazign amount of work and good skill to boot.

Has to be a shoe in for 1st 11 at the moment, hope he gets a goal against St Johnstone next week as they dont like him much, mind they aint too keen on Grainger either now so one from each would make for such a pleasant Monday for me :-)

Stevenson's still not the most gifted player to have worn maroon (although he's also far from the least), but his attitude has been fantastic and his workrate can't be faulted. He's definitely up there as our best 'value for money' signing in quite a long time (although Grainger won't be far off if he can keep up his current form). He also seems to have a knack of popping up with important goals.

I rate him, albeit not quite as highly as some on here seem to. He's probably found his level as a good, hard-working pro at Hearts.

Neil MacFarlane was still better.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Looks like one of those intelligent type of players that listens to the coach and is desperate to improve his game.

Stevenson's still not the most gifted player to have worn maroon (although he's also far from the least), but his attitude has been fantastic and his workrate can't be faulted. He's definitely up there as our best 'value for money' signing in quite a long time (although Grainger won't be far off if he can keep up his current form). He also seems to have a knack of popping up with important goals.

I rate him, albeit not quite as highly as some on here seem to. He's probably found his level as a good, hard-working pro at Hearts.

Neil MacFarlane was still better.

If one or two other players had the same work ethic as Stevenson then we would be a better team for it. Shame he just does not have that little bit more pace but then he would not have been at Ayr Utd if he had I suppose.

Always been a massive fan.

Some people seem to forget he has made the step up from part time football, he's one of the fittest players at the club, has a brilliant attitude and he's being played out of his natural position. I think he's been our most consistant player and is always good for a goal!

:thumbsup:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Get what?

How highly rated he is on here.

People surely dinnae really believe he's good enough to play for Scotland? Surely? :blink:

I see an average player who'll give his all every week. Nothing more, nothing less.

Captain Scarlett

He really does give 150%......possibly more.

By no means the greatest but he can never be faltered for effort imo.

What? More than 100%..never understood how that comes about.

People surely dinnae really believe he's good enough to play for Scotland? Surely? :blink:

I see an average player who'll give his all every week. Nothing more, nothing less.

He is better than average as his goalscoring record for us this year shows. Never good enough for scotland though.

He is better than average as his goalscoring record for us this year shows. Never good enough for scotland though.

Correct.

Sorry Alan, that made me laugh.

Have you seen the utter pish that currently plays for Scotland?

Sorry Alan, that made me laugh.

Have you seen the utter pish that currently plays for Scotland?

That's awrite buddy. :thumbsup:

Naismith, Fletcher, Adam, Brown, Morrison

Midfield for the last game, who would he replace?

Be realistic now ...

That's awrite buddy. :thumbsup:

Naismith, Fletcher, Adam, Brown, Morrison

Midfield for the last game, who would he replace?

Be realistic now ...

Adam... Brown... are you sure they were playing?

Don't think Stevo is anywhere near a Scotland call up.

Not a hugely natural footballer but gets the basics right and knows his limitations and plays to that.

That said he puts in a shift every time he plays and never hides. He's improved hugely since he arrived and looks likely to keep getting better.

Every team needs a grafter and Stevo is ours. Gets on the scoresheet too.

Love the guy and happy to see his name on the teamsheet

Crack on Stevo son :thumbsup:

What are you talking about now, Arnold?

If you are going to follow me about the board at least try and make some sense.

:)

JJ proved correct.

He said when signing Stevo he always thought he could make the step up, from Ayr to SPL, that has been proven now.

It did take some time, and a huge amount of work from Stevo, as initially he was not a favourite of us, the fans.

He did a lot of extra training with Lee Wallace which is now paying off.

Good result all round, apart from shooter signing for the tax dodgers.

What are you talking about now, Arnold?

If you are going to follow me about the board at least try and make some sense.

:)

The Fact that Brown and Adam did not play in the last Scotland match.

I always make sense, you just choose to ignore it.

Amicable. :)

The Fact that Brown and Adam did not play in the last Scotland match.

I always make sense, you just choose to ignore it.

Amicable. :)

I was referring to the last meaningful game with our first choice midfield.

I was referring to the last meaningful game with our first choice midfield.

You should have said then...

Stevenson would not be in there. :)

Archived