Obua

Vlad-Stupid

Obua was my MOTM yesterday. He played well. :thumbsup:

He could have scored twice yesterday. His header over the bar and when he got played in 1 on 1 on the keeper and hit it straight at him. Unlucky.

Looked a bad miss at the time, but when I saw the replay in the boozer, he was a little unlucky as the keeper did well. Tried to meg him rather than the harder dink over from the angle.

Looked a bad miss at the time, but when I saw the replay in the boozer, he was a little unlucky as the keeper did well. Tried to meg him rather than the harder dink over from the angle.

It looked like he could have done better from where I am too. I've not seen the highlights yet though.

I'll take your word for it though. :thumbsup:

Spot on Franco it really is tiresome that some folk would prefer to sit and slate a player who's actually playing well rather than admit they were wrong.

Secondly is reassuring to know the Facebook/Gorgie Loyal cast offs are still as ******* special as always, sad ******* probably frapping himself into a stupor as we speak because made a stupid reasonably inoffensive comment on the internets

:Vlad-Stupid:

I think that's right. Keepers are allowed to make saves and that was a good one. The Buddies keeper has been playing well this season.

Still should have scored likes, but the keeper deserves a bit of credit, closed off the angle well.

Thought he was unlucky, the touch he had to take it off the defender probably took him too close to goal to have a good chance of scoring. Still he got himself in the position in the first place next time hopefully he'll score.

Wasn`t there yesterday so can`t comment.

Thought he was good against Hibs aswell but is he turning out a "homer", a touch of last seasons Rudi syndrome? No, not The Simpson`s one, but away from home he gets found out a little against sides who hassle and harry and basically get wired in.

To me though, it still stands that he hasn`t done enough long term in his time at Hearts to convince he`s a solid dependable player.

Every player has off days but over time you get the feel for certain players and know they`ll perform and offer the team something for most part throughout a season....still not convinced he does that.

Might have a point Debut but he is at this point the only midfielder we have who looks comfortable retaining possession so we're going to have to stick with him even if he is less effective away from home.

Sydney from Sydney

Obua's one of the more talented players at the club and sitting on the left side of a midfield three suits him. I hope he gets a good run in the side in this position. :thumbsup:

Either Obua's one of the worst players I've seen or he's just not suited to the Scottish game.

Had a really good game yesterday.

The role on the left suites him.

Linked play pretty well - got into 2 or 3 good scoring positions ( should have scored tbh )

Also thought he defended really well in our box at set pieces

As for the morons giving him abuse after he pulled up injured at the end - words fail me !

Wasn`t there yesterday so can`t comment.

Thought he was good against Hibs aswell but is he turning out a "homer", a touch of last seasons Rudi syndrome? No, not The Simpson`s one, but away from home he gets found out a little against sides who hassle and harry and basically get wired in.

To me though, it still stands that he hasn`t done enough long term in his time at Hearts to convince he`s a solid dependable player.

Every player has off days but over time you get the feel for certain players and know they`ll perform and offer the team something for most part throughout a season....still not convinced he does that.

Like at Ibrox? :whistling:

Like at Ibrox? :whistling:

Every dog has their day. Having said that, despite a fine headed goal what about the two challenges he ducked out that if he had some guts we might have been right through on goal?

All im saying is when the chips are down,when you need a bit extra to go and kill a game or fight to get back in one, i don`t think he has the character. All the talk just now is about passing and moving blah blah blah... but you also need courage to play football.

There`s games you don`t get time and space like you do others and you need a bit extra desire to make it happen.

Every dog has their day. Having said that, despite a fine headed goal what about the two challenges he ducked out that if he had some guts we might have been right through on goal?

All im saying is when the chips are down,when you need a bit extra to go and kill a game or fight to get back in one, i don`t think he has the character. All the talk just now is about passing and moving blah blah blah... but you also need courage to play football.

There`s games you don`t get time and space like you do others and you need a bit extra desire to make it happen.

I'd agree he plays much better when given a bit of space. I think Obua's game is improving though, particularly in his ability to retain and retrieve the ball. It's probably still the area he needs to keep working on, but it is definitely better than it used to be.

IMO the standard of the average SPL player is common amongst most teams with very few having a higher skill factor, most are just fitter than pub team players. There are however a large proportion of foreign players who have made a living in this country by simply being better than the journey men of today. To compare our league with others so loved by the media Spain England etc actually raises expectations of our players far beyond what they are capable of. We should look at our players against their opposite number and ask if they played better than them and be content if the answer is yes. Would we be talking about the abuse David got if we had won be more goals? Always remember a friend of mine who loved to finish derby match discussions by asking "who would you rather have in your team next week, your number 5 or mine etc" It's 11 against 11 sometimes the weaker team wins, we do not have the right to win every game easily. David has been a fav of mine since day 1 and yes he has been gash in some games and in every game has had a torrent of abuse rained down on him, how would you react if every day you did your job and mass of folk screamed blue murder in your direction?

Obua was ok yesterday. His contract is up at the end of this season, hopefully he'll move on to better things rather play in a third tier league. And which has fans that appreciate a footballer that tries to play football.

Pity their isn't a survey on here to ask which player is better Black or Obua. :whistling:

Archived