Obua

Vlad-Stupid

Can't run, can't jump, shits out of tackles. Not a footballer, worst player to pull on the maroon blah blah blah...

:greggy:

Obua's one of the more talented players at the club and sitting on the left side of a midfield three suits him. I hope he gets a good run in the side in this position. :thumbsup:

Can't run, can't jump, shits out of tackles. Not a footballer, worst player to pull on the maroon blah blah blah...

You forgot lazy.

Thought big Dave had a decent game today - WTF happened at the end though? Was he arguing with someone in the crowd?

Obua's one of the more talented players at the club and sitting on the left side of a midfield three suits him. I hope he gets a good run in the side in this position. :thumbsup:

For me, thats pushing it a bit, but against St Mirren, he had a great game.

Doctor FinnBarr

Mah Ha GOt wiFe BUD, You

Thought big Dave had a decent game today - WTF happened at the end though? Was he arguing with someone in the crowd?

He got a knock or pulled a muscle - looked like he could hardly walk. 30 seconds to go a two up - no drama.

Poalo Sergio is getting the best out of Obua - he has looked a real asset to the club so far this season.

Long may it continue.

:thumbsup:

He's got a lovely lovely smile tho see when he takes to the field with that big beaming smile i just will him to prove the doubters wrong !

He was good in the 1st half and not bad in the 2nd.

Made a couple of critical tackles in the 2nd although the way he constantly slows down every counter attack gets annoying. He's so casual and languid he always looks like he might gift the opposition a goal. He should maybe have done better with his chance as well.

Pretty decent overall though.

Jambof3tornado

Has Dave Obua's upturn in form just happened to coincide with him entering the last year of his deal??

Just behind Taouil for MOTM today.

If Medhi keeps that up Rudi can pack his bags coz he wont get in the team!!

J Cheever Loophole

Hands up'but today he was a HMFC player, ShIT Hot;

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

He's got a lovely lovely smile tho see when he takes to the field with that big beaming smile i just will him to prove the doubters wrong !

Best set of gnashers in the whole of Britain IMO.

bigsuperslim1874

He was taking some serious abuse for being a 'effing lazy ****' midway through the 2nd half. Obua reacted and made some hand gestures and also spat at the ground in a way as to say 'up yours'. Towards the end, either the same person who was dishing out the abuse or someone else who had jumped on the bandwagon started the same chat and obua reacted the same way. The crowd took exception to his spitting but i can totally understand his frustration - the rocket in the yellow jacket shouting abuse at the final whistle was going totally over the score and seemed to love the sound of his own voice too much.

The whole spitting thing wasnt great but he didnt spit AT anyone and is obviously a cultural thing.

I do dispair at some 'fans' sometimes - in no way was obua the worst player on show today and did not deserve the abuse.

Has Dave Obua's upturn in form just happened to coincide with him entering the last year of his deal??

Just behind Taouil for MOTM today.

If Medhi keeps that up Rudi can pack his bags coz he wont get in the team!!

No.

Today the team actually seemed to get the idea of passing and moving pretty good.

And Obua's passing was excellent. I would not be surprised if he didn't make more passes than any other player, and his passes almost always found another Hearts player - his pass completion ratio and the way his runs and passes opened up St Liedown were excellent IMHO.

AND he very, very rarely passed back (Black please copy).

At the end, he took a really sore "accidental" knock from what I could see, and Hearts had already used three subs. So Paulo Sergio signalled him to come over to the touchline and he had a water to rehydrate as the clock ran down. Absolutely no point in running and risking further injury after all.

The trumpet abusing him had also made a whole lot of inane comments about other things during the game and was getting a lot of comment round me as his every comment was wrong (was he Chick Dung in disguise?). His abuse led to Obua being even more loudly cheered off the ground at full time than he would have received otherwise I think.

Obua - my MOTM today.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I think Smithy would be better attending the actual game before spouting total pish like he has chosen here.

Only my opinion of course.

Even when he is correct...:thumbsup:

For two years Obua has had to take plenty of abuse for lots of reasons, mainly as a result of being played in every position on the pitch except where should be played.

At long last JJ started him in central midfield and Obua has been like a new signing, and I'm glad to see Sergio has continued to play him there.

I was never much of a fan of Big Dave in the past but this season he deserves the support of the fans.

I would be happy to see him sign another contract with the club.

long live the jam tarts

Looked like his hammy gave in at the end and if any football will tell you. You can not run a hamstring injury off! You could put yourself out for a month or more!

Sergio said on the radio post match that he had cramp. Thought he had a good game today, was unlucky not to get a goal.

For two years Obua has had to take plenty of abuse for lots of reasons, mainly as a result of being played in every position on the pitch except where should be played.

At long last JJ started him in central midfield and Obua has been like a new signing, and I'm glad to see Sergio has continued to play him there.

I was never much of a fan of Big Dave in the past but this season he deserves the support of the fans.

I would be happy to see him sign another contract with the club.

long live the jam tarts

:):thumbsup:

I'm just watching the highlights from BBC Alba and there is a sequence of play at around 18 minutes leading up to a shot by Elliott where Obua's passing and movement is superb.

Ignoring the troll I have to say I've watched the entire highlights now on Alba and Obua was immense for the whole game. Great play and covered the whole pitch. MOM by a mile.

This totally bugs me, when obua does what he's meant to do and plays football some on here fawn at him as if he's a superstar.

Bottom line is, he's playing better than he was (not difficult) but he is a long way from being good.

He takes very little responsibility, hides, and admires himself (along with some on here) when he's something half decent.

I would much rather see a youngster get a shot than persevere with obua who's had 3 years to prove he's not good enough.

This totally bugs me, when obua does what he's meant to do and plays football some on here fawn at him as if he's a superstar.

Bottom line is, he's playing better than he was (not difficult) but he is a long way from being good.

He takes very little responsibility, hides, and admires himself (along with some on here) when he's something half decent.

I would much rather see a youngster get a shot than persevere with obua who's had 3 years to prove he's not good enough.

What is it about the black, African, nubian god that you dislike?

He was yesterday though, eh?

Can only judge a player on his last game, and yesterday he was grand.

Aye? No?

Pass marks, nowt special. Really doesn't do enough

portobellojambo1

He was yesterday though, eh?

Can only judge a player on his last game, and yesterday he was grand.

Aye? No?

All down to opinion IJ, but I wouldn't describe anyone's performance as grand yesterday on either side. From HMFC's point of view nobody was grand, but no one played particularly poorly. All in all it was a very average performance which would have been punished by a better side.

And as a spectacle (and this is where I'm fortunate in that my only interest is to see HMFC win so personally I can handle poor games, and having sat through every game under Csaba Laszlo I understand what awful on the eye means) it was an awful game, an absolute bore. Other than the penalty and Stevenson's header there was nothing between the two sides, both of whom struggled to create anything.

Diadora Van Basten

Played well enough yesterday but was nowhere near man of the match.

He has been here three years and I could count the amount of good games he has had on one hand.

alicante jambo

Obua played well yesterday was involved in a few good moves and was very unlucky not to score.He certainly was one of the better players.Last season obua didnt play good in any games this season hes played well 2 or 3 times so obviously trying more.Agree with the op this could be due to the fact his contract is nearly up.The op said he admires himself on the pitch now if you looked like that would you not?

Pass marks, nowt special. Really doesn't do enough

Never wasted a pass, kept the ball moving to stretch the St Midden midfield, couple of great attacking moments - should have scored though - and quite frankly strolled through it.

I think it's the "strolling" bit that irks folk........perhaps he should employ some of Black's headliess chicken approach to make him more popular.

All down to opinion IJ, but I wouldn't describe anyone's performance as grand yesterday on either side. From HMFC's point of view nobody was grand, but no one played particularly poorly. All in all it was a very average performance which would have been punished by a better side.

And as a spectacle (and this is where I'm fortunate in that my only interest is to see HMFC win so personally I can handle poor games, and having sat through every game under Csaba Laszlo I understand what awful on the eye means) it was an awful game, an absolute bore. Other than the penalty and Stevenson's header there was nothing between the two sides, both of whom struggled to create anything.

Thing is, we are never going to be good enough - well, not for a few years - to turn over teams in the SPL on a regular basis so the majority of our games are going to look like a struggle.

First 30 minutes we were average but the rest of the game was as dominant as you will see and 4-0 would not have flattered us.

Jam Tarts 1874

I didn't think much of Obua's attempts at goal yesterday, but he at least kept his passing simple and accurate. Which is much than can be said for Black who gave possession away constantly.

Put that first sentence to music and i think you may be on to something,my man!

:thumbsup:

It does eh !

Its got nuthin to do with whos doing fine .

Youve been drinking the tonic wine .

I see i cant start a new thread .

I wish you were all fecking dead . fecking dead fecking dead > sing to fade.

I'm just watching the highlights from BBC Alba and there is a sequence of play at around 18 minutes leading up to a shot by Elliott where Obua's passing and movement is superb.

Great bit of one touch football from (memory serving me here) Obua, Taouil and Stevenson leading to the effort by Elliott.

If that is the end game under Mr Sergio, sign me up.

Same folk on the same threads refuse to give Obua any credit whatsoever, they've made up their minds and that's that, which leads to the above. Mates were slating his performance in the boozer after the game yesterday - baffling to me, even if you never thought he was among the best players on the park, that he could be singled out for criticism.

Obua gave the ball away about once the whole game, made tackles, passed well and got forward when he could. Must stick in folk's throats to realise that he will be staying in the team on merit.

Obua was my MOTM yesterday. He played well. :thumbsup:

He could have scored twice yesterday. His header over the bar and when he got played in 1 on 1 on the keeper and hit it straight at him. Unlucky.

Archived