Webster

Geordie Jambo

I sometimes feel Webster is given the benefit of the doubt on here whereas Kingston for example was crucified. Saying that without knowing the facts I shall reserve judgement for the time being.

People seem to be forgetting Webster, like Driver, had a very serious injury. Webster played a lot of games for Hearts before leaving and then getting injured. In 5 years or so I don't remember him having a reputation for calling off injured. Anyone who's had a serious injury knows that even after the main injury heals, other things can happen and it can be a long road back. There is also always the possibility that it's a mental thing with a player who's been out so long, but Webster played a whole season with D Utd no problem so maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt?

I think the above kinda contradicts itself to be honest, the fact that he managed so long at Utd trouble free would suggest that it has NOTHING to do with flare ups from previous injuries.... and that being the case, I dont think he does merit benefit of the doubt.

My patience is wearing thin either way. If its genuine injuries, then as tragic as it may be, he's no use to us. If he's just not bothering his bahookie, he can get himself tae eff.

A player either prone to injuries or with no heart isnt the kinda player I want to see as part of our squad.

I sometimes feel Webster is given the benefit of the doubt on here whereas Kingston for example was crucified. Saying that without knowing the facts I shall reserve judgement for the time being.

At least Webster hasn't flown back to Ghana for treatment for a pulled hamstring and I very much doubt he earns ?15K a week either!!!!

He plays for 10 minutes, gets injured and taken off - he's slated on here.

He doesn't play in case the same thing happens again - he's slated on here.

If he plays through the pain and gets injured for a few months - he'd get slated on here.

If he plays through the pain and has a shocker - he'd get slated on here.

He plays more than Kevin Kyle and every one loves him.

I don't get it.

Some folk will never be happy.

We don't know what is wrong with Webster, or what injuries he's carrying, so what's the point in speculating? The fact is, it was decided not to play a player who couldn't give a 100%, so that another player who was 100% fit could play, what's the biggie with that? Two things I do know, is when Webster does play he's one of the best centre-backs in the SPL and we're not good enough to do without a player of Webster's quality.

Fermit the Krog

If he plays through the pain and gets injured for a few months - he'd get slated on here.

I don't get it.

'The Webster ruling'

I don't get it.

People are A)fed up with him being injured/ripping his tights. b)Dont like what he has done in the past.

Kyle played injured and gives his all, not much to get Kyle plays for the club/fans, Webster not so sure..

Every player should have appearance money making up a large proportion of their wage. That would put an end to the wasters like Webster's antics.

Something that nobody has mentioned is that the whole team trains and prepares the whole week before the game, and with ten minutes to go before the game he strains his fingernail and everything the coach has worked on defensively is screwed.

I'd bet anyone that he will not complete 20 league games for us this year.

Fermit the Krog

Every player should have appearance money making up a large proportion of their wage. That would put an end to the wasters like Webster's antics.

Something that nobody has mentioned is that the whole team trains and prepares the whole week before the game, and with ten minutes to go before the game he strains his fingernail and everything the coach has worked on defensively is screwed.

And just like at Ibrox on the opening day, Adrian Mrowiec has stepped up to the plate and produced a performance that has pulled Webster out of the brown stuff.

Yet he constantly gets slated by some. Zaliukas and Mrowiec may not be the best football players at the club but they WANT to play for Hearts.

I'm not convinced Andrew Webster does.

?10 :teehee:

We can discuss it all we like but Sergio will decide if he plays and stays/ges. So far it seems he has accepted Webster's reasons for not playing.

Funny - Jungle John comes out with this type of 'stifling debate' chat as well.

:interesting:

I don't get it.

Who?

If that were the case then there would be a lot of players past and present who would be signing on to make some money to supplement the meagre income they would be getting from Hearts.

1) He's not from Ghana so flying there would make less sense than re-signing him in the first place and 2) why do you doubt he earns ?15k a week?

There is not a chance that Vlad is paying any member of that squad ?15K a week!!!

People are A)fed up with him being injured/ripping his tights. b)Dont like what he has done in the past.

Kyle played injured and gives his all, not much to get Kyle plays for the club/fans, Webster not so sure..

I'm fed up with Kyle being injured, at least Webster shows signs of playing 15-20 games this season.

No one can change what he done in the past so I don't see why he should be judged on it now.

It would be interesting to see how many games Webster played if he was on a pay as you play contract. Just a thought.

It would be interesting to see how many games Webster played if he was on a pay as you play contract. Just a thought.

I dont think it is the money that motivates him to be honest.

He feels a niggle, he won't play. He has a distinct lack of mental fortitude.

Good player though, and I'd rather have him playing 20 games for us than none.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Mr Webster is the best player on our books.

Poor effort, it's obvious no-one would ever think that, in fact even bawbag Webster himself probably accepts he's not.

I dont think it is the money that motivates him to be honest.

He feels a niggle, he won't play. He has a distinct lack of mental fortitude.

Good player though, and I'd rather have him playing 20 games for us than none.

Totally agree!!!

Archived