Webster

Geordie Jambo

What a fecking Jessie the boy is.

Back for the Spurs and the vermin but probably couldn't be arsed with shitey wee St Mirren.

Tosser.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

What a fecking Jessie the boy is.

Back for the Spurs and the vermin but probably couldn't be arsed with shitey wee St Mirren.

Tosser.

This.

alicante jambo

Webster is showing absolutely no respect to hmfc/the fans and everone associated with the club what a prick.I wonder if he goes home at night to his home and explains to his wife why he didnt play.He reminds me of one of thes lazy barstewards on the sick and nowt wrong with them getting paid for doing nothing.

Its becoming a joke now. Sergio is new to this so the tosser will still get away with it.

Also.. Andy Driver.....in no way am i tarring him with the same brush but its not looking good for him now.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I assume we can add Andy Driver's name to this comment too?

Nope. Andy Driver is trying his best to get back fit while bawbag Webster only wants to play in the glamour games. I'm almost starting to wish we'd signed Zander Diamond ffs! (Well maybe not.) I'd definitely be asking Dundee Utd if they fancy a straight swap for Gary Kenneth though.

Webster is a very capable and when he wants to be, fantastic defender. However he's a lazy *****. And is fit when he wants to be.

Driver is very much the same but he tries to play as much as he can and always contributes as much as he can.

Webster is a very capable and when he wants to be, fantastic defender. However he's a lazy *****. And is fit when he wants to be.

Driver is very much the same but he tries to play as much as he can and always contributes as much as he can.

Good to know that Kickback's large panel of professors of sports medicine are able to diagnose injuries just by looking at, not even the person, but just that person's name.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Folk are genuinely criticising him because he picked up a niggle in the warm up? By all accounts, Driver was set to start last weekend and he picked up a niggle the day before I think and therefore wasn't risked. We didn't see a thread slating him for having a knock last week, did we? Sergio said so himself after the game that he didn't want to play him, only for him to sub him after 10 minutes and waste a change.

Webster was all set to start and would have if he didn't pick up the strain. Pretty sure we'll see him back in the side next week.

Good to know that Kickback's large panel of professors of sports medicine are able to diagnose injuries just by looking at, not even the person, but just that person's name.

So clearly your pathetic enough to pick out the point that my username was made during jj's time. Which has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

Very well done.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

So clearly your pathetic enough to pick out the point that my username was made during jj's time. Which has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

Very well done.

I think you've missed the guy's point by quite some distance. He's talking about Webster's name, not yours.

I think you've missed the guy's point by quite some distance. He's talking about Webster's name, not yours.

Whoops. As I can now see. Thanks.

Folk are genuinely criticising him because he picked up a niggle in the warm up? By all accounts, Driver was set to start last weekend and he picked up a niggle the day before I think and therefore wasn't risked. We didn't see a thread slating him for having a knock last week, did we? Sergio said so himself after the game that he didn't want to play him, only for him to sub him after 10 minutes and waste a change.

Webster was all set to start and would have if he didn't pick up the strain. Pretty sure we'll see him back in the side next week.

You obviously missed the interview a few weeks back with Peter Houston who basically admitted GTFster is an absolute s***ebag who uses pretty much any excuse not to play. He needs to stop playing with his vagina. Get rid ASAP.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

You obviously missed the interview a few weeks back with Peter Houston who basically admitted GTFster is an absolute s***ebag who uses pretty much any excuse not to play. He needs to stop playing with his vagina. Get rid ASAP.

Heard Houston say something similar at the start of the season. Won't train if he doesn't feel right but would come in for the tactics session the day before a game and then play on the Saturday.

Sergio didn't play him because he didn't want to risk him, it's as simple as that. Nothing to do with Webster 'being a pussy' or whatever the latest criticism is. Get rid of an excellent SPL centre half? I don't think so.

Heard Houston say something similar at the start of the season. Won't train if he doesn't feel right but would come in for the tactics session the day before a game and then play on the Saturday.

Sergio didn't play him because he didn't want to risk him, it's as simple as that. Nothing to do with Webster 'being a pussy' or whatever the latest criticism is. Get rid of an excellent SPL centre half? I don't think so.

It has EVERYTHING to do with Webster being a pussy. An excellent center half who plays less than half a season is no use. We could use his wages to sign a more committed, less injury prone CH.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

It has EVERYTHING to do with Webster being a pussy. An excellent center half who plays less than half a season is no use. We could use his wages to sign a more committed, less injury prone CH.

:lol:. Was Driver a 'pussy' last week for not playing? We could do with another centre half, I agree, but it should be for an extra body in that position, not to replace Webster.

:lol:. Was Driver a 'pussy' last week for not playing? We could do with another centre half, I agree, but it should be for an extra body in that position, not to replace Webster.

I'd still get rid and bring in 2 more CH's a CM and CF in January if possible.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I'd still get rid and bring in 2 more CH's a CM and CF in January if possible.

Fair enough. No point arguing about it, we'll just keep disagreeing. Would probably agree with most of your summary. We need at least one CH to give us another option, a playmaker in midfield and another front man. Would like a LB to cover for Grainger incase he gets injured.

Differance being Driver wants to play and Webster wants to play when it suits him.(spurs etc)

You don't know that he will play less than half a season do you ? Evidence so far is he will play more than he will miss but we will have to wait and see. What happened yesterday frustrates me and yes there is a problem with the guy which given that he has signed a contract and won't be going anywhere I would like to see the club work with him to overcome the problem.

It seems that a lot of people are willing failure on the guy which isn't really in the best interest of the Hearts who are paying his wages. I was disgusted at the way he turned us over and was surprised he ever darkened the doors of Tynecastle ever again but he is here and we should be trying to get our moneys worth because his wages are not going to be able to be used for a replacement any time soon.

I think its his reputation and how often this seems to happen that defines this as a bigger issue for AW that for anyone else. As Peter Houston has said several times most players will play with a niggle, AW will only play if he feels 100%.

Its his choice but I am sure you will understand that as fans we seem to prefer those kind of guys who will put their body on the line for the good of the team.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Differance being Driver wants to play and Webster wants to play when it suits him.(spurs etc)

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Webster didn't want to play yesterday though. He felt a niggle and Sergio has obviously felt it wasn't worth the risk. Like I said earlier on, it's got nothing to do with Webster not wanting to play. He wasn't 100% and wasn't risked, it is as simple as that.

Primrose, I do understand what you're saying but Webster has had a few injury problems over the last few years and if Sergio, and possibly himself, didn't feel it was worth the risk to play him then I personally don't have a problem with that. I'm sure he'll be back in the team next week if he's 100%.

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Webster didn't want to play yesterday though. He felt a niggle and Sergio has obviously felt it wasn't worth the risk. Like I said earlier on, it's got nothing to do with Webster not wanting to play. He wasn't 100% and wasn't risked, it is as simple as that.

Primrose, I do understand what you're saying but Webster has had a few injury problems over the last few years and if Sergio, and possibly himself, didn't feel it was worth the risk to play him then I personally don't have a problem with that. I'm sure he'll be back in the team next week if he's 100%.

He shouldnt have to be exactly 100% to play though,Most players will have wee knocks due to the amount of games and training they do.I just dont think he is that bothered about playing week in week out and tbh since he came back his "strolling" style hasnt impressed me.He's overated and undercomitted and id rather give mcgown a chance to develop than waste time and money on a never was.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

He shouldnt have to be exactly 100% to play though,Most players will have wee knocks due to the amount of games and training they do.I just dont think he is that bothered about playing week in week out and tbh since he came back his "strolling" style hasnt impressed me.He's overated and undercomitted and id rather give mcgown a chance to develop than waste time and money on a never was.

Fair enough he doesn't need to be 100% but I don't really know why so many folk are getting all hot and bothered about it. I'm sure he was willing to play yesterday and if I felt something a few minutes before kick off, I'd certainly want to make sure I'd be OK to play 90 minutes or for as long as possible. He's obviously talked through it with Paulo and the rest of the coaching team and they've decided it was best for him not to play.

Fair enough he doesn't need to be 100% but I don't really know why so many folk are getting all hot and bothered about it. I'm sure he was willing to play yesterday and if I felt something a few minutes before kick off, I'd certainly want to make sure I'd be OK to play 90 minutes or for as long as possible. He's obviously talked through it with Paulo and the rest of the coaching team and they've decided it was best for him not to play.

Im more assuming he's felt something and he's decided he's not playing.I dont think they're hot and bothered just fed up with him.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Im more assuming he's felt something and he's decided he's not playing.I dont think they're hot and bothered just fed up with him.

I don't think Sergio would just let him decide so close to kick off. Going by what Sergio said post-match, it's sounded like Webster's said he's felt a niggle and Sergio has decided not to bother going ahead with the gamble of playing him at the risk of wasting a sub early. Seems perfectly plausible to me.

I don't think Sergio would just let him decide so close to kick off. Going by what Sergio said post-match, it's sounded like Webster's said he's felt a niggle and Sergio has decided not to bother going ahead with the gamble of playing him at the risk of wasting a sub early. Seems perfectly plausible to me.

Correct! But lets not let the facts get in the way of a kickback lynching.

We are both just assuming what happened mate!! :teehee:

I dont think he's very committed,something a previous manager of his has hinted at and whatever happened at ibrox i think im right.

Do you not find it strange his constant niggles disapear for big games?He's not that good to waste so much effort and money on.

kennyblack'sshot

A man with more strains than the flu!!

People seem to be forgetting Webster, like Driver, had a very serious injury. Webster played a lot of games for Hearts before leaving and then getting injured. In 5 years or so I don't remember him having a reputation for calling off injured. Anyone who's had a serious injury knows that even after the main injury heals, other things can happen and it can be a long road back. There is also always the possibility that it's a mental thing with a player who's been out so long, but Webster played a whole season with D Utd no problem so maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt?

I'm more worried about Driver. Webster was a fully developed player when he got injured but Driver was still learning and has missed a few years of development.

People seem to be forgetting Webster, like Driver, had a very serious injury. Webster played a lot of games for Hearts before leaving and then getting injured. In 5 years or so I don't remember him having a reputation for calling off injured. Anyone who's had a serious injury knows that even after the main injury heals, other things can happen and it can be a long road back. There is also always the possibility that it's a mental thing with a player who's been out so long, but Webster played a whole season with D Utd no problem so maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt?

I'm more worried about Driver. Webster was a fully developed player when he got injured but Driver was still learning and has missed a few years of development.

I think your right, i think it is a mental thing which is why i find it so frustrating.

How long do we give him the benefit of the doubt? Given his previous "discretions" where he cost us a transfer fee and the fact he will be on a healthy wage.

I think your right, i think it is a mental thing which is why i find it so frustrating.

How long do we give him the benefit of the doubt? Given his previous "discretions" where he cost us a transfer fee and the fact he will be on a healthy wage.

We don't need to give any player the benfit of the doubt. The manager will make those decisions as he will know the real facts.

We don't need to give any player the benfit of the doubt. The manager will make those decisions as he will know the real facts.

Sound lets not discuss anything about the team then,shut the terrace :thumbsup:

Sound lets not discuss anything about the team then,shut the terrace :thumbsup:

We can discuss it all we like but Sergio will decide if he plays and stays/ges. So far it seems he has accepted Webster's reasons for not playing.

We can discuss it all we like but Sergio will decide if he plays and stays/ges. So far it seems he has accepted Webster's reasons for not playing.

I think we are aware we dont pick the team.cheers though.

We are both just assuming what happened mate!! :teehee:

I dont think he's very committed,something a previous manager of his has hinted at and whatever happened at ibrox i think im right.

Do you not find it strange his constant niggles disapear for big games?He's not that good to waste so much effort and money on.

We'll just need to agree to disagree. On to your last point though, I don't find it that strange. His injury cleared in time for the Spurs game so he played, nothing more, nothing less. Best defender we have, some folk won't admit it and he might be on a decent wage, but when he's a good player then it's certainly worth the effort.

Edit: Posted on my dad's account instead by accident :lol:.

I saw him with wife and wean under the main stand at the end

Wean??? please dont infect this forum with Glaswegian dialect :thumbsup:

Archived