Hearts v Celtic U19's

DG_HMFC

Who's going along to support the lads tomorrow? should be a decent game.

Edit: Its a 1pm KO at Riccarton for those interested.

CavySlaveJambo

Thinking about going. Can I get parked easily?

Should do.

Use Car Park A, B or C. (B has a mud surface) A is a bit dodgy if you have a low suspension,

Don't park anywhere else or you get a sticker thing on you window.

CavySlaveJambo

Just as you go on to the campus.

the main buildings are on the right, as you walk in.

On the left go past Car Park C/walled garden, the sport's centre, the training grounds are just past them

Half time. No goals since I arrived but I missed first 5 minutes.

I don't know why (it's Friday I guess) but I quickly read your post and thought it said "I missed 5 arrests" :blink:

Ignore me :laugh:

jamboinglasgow

Sad to hear, but the good thing is that if we win our game in hand we will be top. Though only by a point, if we had won it could have been 7 points.

Sad to hear, but the good thing is that if we win our game in hand we will be top. Though only by a point, if we had won it could have been 7 points.

Didn't know we had a game in hand. Did Celtic play through the week? I know our Caley game was postponed for internationals.

jamboinglasgow

Didn't know we had a game in hand. Did Celtic play through the week? I know our Caley game was postponed for internationals.

They drew last weekend with Motherwell (who we had previously beaten) which I only discovered today.

Celtic probably just about deserved their win on chances created, although it was very competitive throughout. Their 2nd goal in particular was a super effort. Hearts paid the penalty for not getting the ball into the box and shooting when they had the chance. Celtic started the brighter but Hearts came right back into the game in the 2nd quarter. It was one of those games where the first goal was going to be vital and so it proved when Celtic scored after 73 minutes.

Plus points for Hearts were a debut for Callum Tapping who looks neat ant tidy in the holding midfield role, and the return after injury of Jamie Walker who, on a couple of runs, showed glimpses of the talent that he has at this level.

Celtic probably just about deserved their win on chances created, although it was very competitive throughout. Their 2nd goal in particular was a super effort. Hearts paid the penalty for not getting the ball into the box and shooting when they had the chance. Celtic started the brighter but Hearts came right back into the game in the 2nd quarter. It was one of those games where the first goal was going to be vital and so it proved when Celtic scored after 73 minutes.

Plus points for Hearts were a debut for Callum Tapping who looks neat ant tidy in the holding midfield role, and the return after injury of Jamie Walker who, on a couple of runs, showed glimpses of the talent that he has at this level.

agree with that thought hearts were a bit to tippy tappy about the box but celtic were good in defence. Hearts right back was our stand out player i thought. First time watching but really enjoyed the game.

This is the type of shit that happens when we allow our rivals to STEAL Billy Brown!

:kickhat:

Correct, wee hobos beat the wee huns 5-2 :whistling:

willie wallace

Agree pretty much with this.Thought it was a good game but much like the first team the front man is so isolated at times it was a struggle to create many chances.Was impressed with the centre halves and in Holt and Walker we have two skilful players.Two evenly matched teams with Celtic just deserving to win with the scorer of the second goal proving a right handful at times.

Agree with the above. We had a spell mid way through the first half when when our defenders kept giving the ball away but we came into the game well. Holt and Walker were both a real threat. The RB (Brad someone I think), although guilty of losing the ball in the first half, put in a couple of great balls in the second. Tapping played more of a holding role but started going beyond the ball and taking risks once we lost the 1st goal.

There were really good spells for both teams but as has been said, Celtic were much better at creating real chances whereas Hearts never really had anything clear cut.

I was stood on the 1/2 way line for the first half and the amount of moaning the Celtic bench were doing was unbelievable. Their big striker "Omar" should have had a foul and didn't get it, so the bench spent the rest of the game shouting "Ref" every time they played a high ball to him - even when there was no contact between the players and Omar one the ball. DM even commented on it.

A bit pissed off really A game hearts should have won to be honest only bye a goal,i have several observations of the game that i think in my opinion spoilt it for us.

1.Too much fannying around on the left and right wing(great skills from jaimie and jason,doesnt put the ball in the back of the net though) and not swinging the ball into the area where it matters,the ball was greasy and oppertunities could have arisen.

2.Why play two players that haven,t even had game time with this team,tapping and walker(good players but not ready)I thought this threw the team into giving us a cagey performance at times, the team did not want to press the game but rather stand off.The team was on fire until they played the hoops bringing in two newcomers(so to say) for a game that meant so much was a poor decision imo.

3.Hearts bench where not vocal enough i certainly didn't hear Darren as he usually is.

4.Subs i don't think i seen any substitutions bye hearts maybe one when i had to leave after the first goal.We had some quality players on the bench that didn't get a look in.Celtic subbed a couple i think and hey presto Goals,it worked for them.

Please take the above as constructive crtisim as i still believe hearts are the best side in the spl 19s but not today. COME ON THE HEARTS !!!

I was at the 'away end' and their 1st goal defo looked offside to me. There was a mouthy tim next to me who had given the linesman grief for a previous offside decision he gave against them at 0-0 and it seemed to me that the linesman bottled it to put his flag up again incase he upset the mouthy weegie again. There was certainly alot of shouts by the hearts players for offside.

2nd goal was a classic counter attack while the otherwise outstanding Brad Mckay was caught upfield at a corner leaving Chris Tobin to defend their striker. Tobin stood too square onto him and the striker got by him pretty easily giving himself a pretty straight forward strike at goal.

Didn't think they were worth 2-0 to be honest, 2nd half we had way more posession than them but they looked more dangerous on the break - they hardly worked our keeper beyond the two goals.

2.Why play two players that haven,t even had game time with this team,tapping and walker(good players but not ready)I thought this threw the team into giving us a cagey performance at times, the team did not want to press the game but rather stand off.The team was on fire until they played the hoops bringing in two newcomers(so to say) for a game that meant so much was a poor decision imo.

It's under 19s the games are about developing players who can the step up to the first team. This is more important than wining.

agree with that thought hearts were a bit to tippy tappy about the box but celtic were good in defence. Hearts right back was our stand out player i thought. First time watching but really enjoyed the game.

Hearts RB was Fraser Mullen. I'm pleased that you were still impressed by him. That was about his worst game this season. His long passing was great and as ever he put in some great crosses, but I don't know what happened with his short passing as he gave the ball away 3 or 4 times when under no pressure.

jamboinglasgow

Interestingly Hibs beat Rangers 5-2 at Murray Park, Rangers have now lost 2 of their 3 games this season (we beat Rangers as well.) Rangers have missed out on the top 2 of the league for the last 3 seasons.

Interestingly Hibs beat Rangers 5-2 at Murray Park, Rangers have now lost 2 of their 3 games this season (we beat Rangers as well.) Rangers have missed out on the top 2 of the league for the last 3 seasons.

Must be the Billy Brown influence working already ? lol

My first venture to Riccarton to see U19s on a lovely summers day!!!, some random comments:

1. You realise seeing the game from the sidelines how hard a game it is to play

2. U19s are big blokes!

3. Heard a whisper Celtic had a player earning 3K per week (came from the mouth of someone ITK)

4. Our strip looks good with no Wonga

5. Celtic bench contested absolutely everything, constantly berating the ref.

6. Just cos your big and tall doesnt make yiou a good player, their forward was huge, but crap.

7. Riccarton is a cold place!

That's Murray Park getting punted then!

3. Heard a whisper Celtic had a player earning 3K per week (came from the mouth of someone ITK)

Assuming he was playing, Dylan Mcgeuch(spelling may be wrong). Signed from Rangers for a reported 3G a week

It was the Celtic no 10, Dylan McGeouch, who was signed from Rangers in the close season. That was his first game since he last played against Hearts, for Rangers, in April. He broke a metatarsel in a (fair) challenge with Fraser Mullen.

It's under 19s the games are about developing players who can the step up to the first team. This is more important than wining.

ure right probably just getting a bit over the top they all have to learn hopefully this defeat will will teach a lesson

ure right probably just getting a bit over the top they all have to learn hopefully this defeat will will teach a lesson

You always want any hearts team to win but at that level it's about getting good players through the system.

Look at his super dooper under 19 double wining side only 3 have made it in to the first team squad and only Booth looks like he might go on to be a decent player.

my young cousins boyfriend plays for the manky u19s his names liam gormley dont know if he was playing il find out tomorrow if he was he scored the injury time winner in last seasons cup hes not getting played much tho and hes peeved at that hes considering dropping down to get a chance

Is it not the cast that Celtic have dumped their entire U19 squads the past few seasons despite them winning everything going??

Shows the short sighted thinking that is ruining Scottish football IMHO. How can a gimp like Samaras get a deal when talented youngsters are being dumped on the scrapheap?

No wonder Islam Feruz fancies his chances more down south!!!!

Is it not the cast that Celtic have dumped their entire U19 squads the past few seasons despite them winning everything going??

Short answer is no and no.

They did ditch an entire team once a few seasons ago but I don't think that team won anything.

A bit pissed off really A game hearts should have won to be honest only bye a goal,i have several observations of the game that i think in my opinion spoilt it for us.

1.Too much fannying around on the left and right wing(great skills from jaimie and jason,doesnt put the ball in the back of the net though) and not swinging the ball into the area where it matters,the ball was greasy and oppertunities could have arisen.

3.Hearts bench where not vocal enough i certainly didn't hear Darren as he usually is.

4.Subs i don't think i seen any substitutions bye hearts maybe one when i had to leave after the first goal.We had some quality players on the bench that didn't get a look in.Celtic subbed a couple i think and hey presto Goals,it worked for them.

Please take the above as constructive crtisim as i still believe hearts are the best side in the spl 19s but not today. COME ON THE HEARTS !!!

yeah, went down to watch game today an more or less agree with above post. hearts really should have won this game today against a very young celtic side. thot they played quite well but have also seen them play better. liked the look of jamie walker an thot he had a good 1st half, tho fell out of it in the 2nd. we didnt seem to have a problem movin the ball up the park and had plenty possession but not much threat in front of goal, instead seemed content to pass it from side to side rather than pass it forward into box. like jason holt - looks streets ahead than some of the other players. probably could have made a couple of subs after celtic scored as one or two players were lookin pretty tired imo. overall, enjoyed watchin the game today with some great players but disappointing to lose the 3 points.

Had a half day so like a few others took in my first under 19s game. I thought it was a good game with both teams always trying to play, if anything Hearts tried to over play. Thought both full backs were solid for Hearts and the two wingers who I beleive are Walker and Smith were threatening but they never quite got a final ball in. I can see why people rave about Holt, although probably not his best game he has great touch and movement. Number 6 Tobin did some good work. Hearts better in the first half but in the last 25 mins Celtic started to have some pressure. Despite being 2 nil I would not say they were better in any areas, really came down to a tight game with the 1st goal being crucial. I like the system Hearts played with two quick wingers, a centre forward and Holt being allowed to roam. Tapping did ok, overplayed a little bit and people are always going to expect more as he came from Spurs but he is neat and tidy and it was his first game. I echo what people said about Mullen, he looks like he has good technique and a very good competitor too who defends his patch well. I hear he has been training with the first team too.

Interesting on who could possibly step up - a lot of technically good players but I can see in many ways why Sergio does not throw them in. Looking at todays game for example with St Mirren having a hammer thrower like Goodwin, someone like Holt may get kicked off the park. I can definitely see two to three getting a chance between now and the end of the season though.

Enjoyed the game, would go back on future half days!

Had a half day so like a few others took in my first under 19s game. I thought it was a good game with both teams always trying to play, if anything Hearts tried to over play. Thought both full backs were solid for Hearts and the two wingers who I beleive are Walker and Smith were threatening but they never quite got a final ball in. I can see why people rave about Holt, although probably not his best game he has great touch and movement. Number 6 Tobin did some good work. Hearts better in the first half but in the last 25 mins Celtic started to have some pressure. Despite being 2 nil I would not say they were better in any areas, really came down to a tight game with the 1st goal being crucial. I like the system Hearts played with two quick wingers, a centre forward and Holt being allowed to roam. Tapping did ok, overplayed a little bit and people are always going to expect more as he came from Spurs but he is neat and tidy and it was his first game. I echo what people said about Mullen, he looks like he has good technique and a very good competitor too who defends his patch well. I hear he has been training with the first team too.

Interesting on who could possibly step up - a lot of technically good players but I can see in many ways why Sergio does not throw them in. Looking at todays game for example with St Mirren having a hammer thrower like Goodwin, someone like Holt may get kicked off the park. I can definitely see two to three getting a chance between now and the end of the season though.

Enjoyed the game, would go back on future half days!

Archived