Sion Europa League Appeal

Praha06

A court in Sion has ordered UEFA to reinstate Sion to the Europa League. UEFA have still to make a final ruling on the matter but may abide by the Sion courts ruling.

Meanwhile Celtic fans are already on their way to Madrid for the group stage opener against Atletico.

How's this one gonna go?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A court in Sion has ordered UEFA to reinstate Sion to the Europa League. UEFA have still to make a final ruling on the matter but may abide by the Sion courts ruling.

Meanwhile Celtic fans are already on their way to Madrid for the group stage opener against Atletico.

How's this one gonna go?

:yas:

:rofl:

I hope Sion are reinstated, and then the Celtic fans start a riot(which they'll probably do anyway)and all get the jail in Spain!

I'd be stunned if Sion were reinstated. Absolutely stunned.

Would be unbelievably hilarious, but I can't see it happening.

jamboinglasgow

I have visions of atletico Madrid coming onto the pitch on Thursday to find both Celtic and Sion on the pitch fighting each other over who plays.

I have visions of atletico Madrid coming onto the pitch on Thursday to find both Celtic and Sion on the pitch fighting each other over who plays.

That'd be class!! Two away ends, two refs(one of which is blatter in a striped black and white effort) And a ladder in the centre circle with the europa cup dangling from a zip line!

How's this one gonna go?

Where are you hearing this?

Can't see it being reported anywhere.

Say What Again

Where are you hearing this?

Can't see it being reported anywhere.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/celtic/270057-swiss-court-ruling-but-uefa-appeal-decision-still-pending/

Swiss court rule in Sion's favour but UEFA appeal decision still pending

Governing body yet to rule but court in their canton order they reinstate Sion.

A Swiss court has said UEFA should reinstate FC Sion in the Europa League, just two days before the opening match of the competition, according to reports in Switzerland.

UEFA are currently hearing an appeal from the club to give them their place back in the competition, having expelled Sion last week and named Celtic in Group I.

But as deliberations continue in Nyon, Le Matin states a local court in Vaud has granted Sion an order which the Swiss club say will lead to them travelling to Spain to play Atletico Madrid on Thursday.

Sion congratulated the decision of the Swiss court on their official Twitter feed, remarking simply: "Madrid, Sion is coming".

A three-man delegation from Sion is currently at UEFA's headquarters arguing their case to be reinstated in the Europa League, with the hearing having started at 9am UK time.

Celtic fans have already had the monies taken from their bank accounts for all three games.

This would be the funniest thing ever, dont think it will happen though.

Jam Tarts 1874

Once civil or criminal courts start over-turning the rules of any of the football associations and making it stick we will be in for a massive amount of upheaval.

I was quite looking forward to Celtic getting hammered in each of their games.

Gave me a bit of interest in the competition.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

SSN saying Sion are claiming they've been reinstated.

:yas:

I wouldn't read to much into that. They've been claiming this since day 1. Still hopeful though :whistling:

If sion are re-instated prepare for a new level of Celtic seethe. it will be funny.

UEFA are clearly anti catholic bigots and it will be a personal attack on Lennon. And the chief kiddy fiddler Pope

Once civil or criminal courts start over-turning the rules of any of the football associations and making it stick we will be in for a massive amount of upheaval.

Civil courts, or the threat of them being used, is already turning over rules of football associations.

Bosman and Levein in his stand off with the SFA as Hearts manager are obvious examples.

If UEFA had any sense they'd have made the first fixture at Parkhead and told Madrid to be there to fulfill the fixture.

As far as I know Sion are planning to turn up in Spain. Feel a bit orry for their supporters tbh (Sion's not the tattie munchers).

steve_the_jambo

:pleasing:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Sion are claiming on talkpish that they are travelling to Madrid and looking forward to playing.

This is all gonna end in tears for someone.

John Gentleman

A vision splendid, indeed. Muchly Monty Pythonesque. :D

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Words cannot adequately describe how funny I will find it if...

*Sion are reinstated!

*The Tim fans lose the money for booked tickets!

*The dirty bassas get in to shit for fighting and rioting in Madrid!

*The head mutant tramps like Lawwell and Reid claim it is a conspiracy!

One thing's for sure 'Lenny' will be "disappointed and confused" and in need of "clarification" :D

From Twitter - "There's not be this many 'in and outs' since Torbett roamed the corridors of 'Paradise'" :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

celtic to get pumped out. there fans, not wanting to waste their giro, go to madrid. get in to bother with sion fans and get their team banned from europe next season.

and neil lennon to be castrated.

I dont ask for much, Lord.

celtic to get pumped out. there fans, not wanting to waste their giro, go to madrid. get in to bother with sion fans and get their team banned from europe next season.

and neil lennon to be castrated.

I dont ask for much, Lord.

I think this has been done sometime ago, would be a fine explanation for the welt way in which he conducts himself

Archived