New Stadium Questionnaire Results (merged)

super_vlad

emm.. wouldn't it be a private asset if owned by Hearts?

Anyway pigs will fly before Council does anything to support Hearts (or Hibs).

The Council agreed to sell the old School to the club/UBIG when we had property development dreams.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

emm.. wouldn't it be a private asset if owned by Hearts?

Anyway pigs will fly before Council does anything to support Hearts (or Hibs).

Yes but would be much easier to justify say allowing cheap land to hearts to build a stadium/community facility than to do the same to Ubig so they can turn it into a massive leisure asset.

think of all the money wasted by the Trams and what that could have to done for Hearts and Hibs!

Think of all the money wasted and what it would have meant for schools/hospitals/policing and a million other things. angry.gif

Actually, best not think about it that way at all.

I'll be happy as long as any development we do undertake (if any at all) isn't unfairly hammered by demands for ridiculous planning gain contributions.

Having given it some thought after my original view, I'd be devastated to leave Gorgie.

Going to games just wouldn't be the same.

Over a hundred years of tradition all gone.

Having given it some thought after my original view, I'd be devastated to leave Gorgie.

Leaving Gorgie would be a massive wrench, but life goes on old boy.

I hear that there is a descendent somewhere of some protestor from Powderhall who said he'd never be back if the Hearts moved to Gorgie....

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I know... Feel the same. :(

It might not be possible (and increasingly looks impossible) to redevelop the ground though... If that is the case, I want to see the club prosper more than the ground. Obviously i would prefer both though.

I have always believed that the only way we can stay at tynecastle is by getting hold of the land the distillery is on and redevelop...costs tho???

Not a chance i'm afraid. Even assuming that NB would be willing to sell up for a decent price (unlikely due to the fact that to get planning permission for what is essentially a fuel refinery elsewhere would be a nightmare - google 'top-tier CoMAH site' to see what i mean) the cost of remediation on that ground would be astronomical. That ground will be dripping with nasty stuff. you'd need to not only decontaminate and remove the equipment itself, but also several meters of topsoil. Last project I was working on that needed hazardous waste disposal worked out at around ?750000 for an area of around 100 x 200m - and only about a quarter of that needed disposal. The distillary grouns is probably about the same area, but would require a greater percentage incinerated. I reckon you'd be looking at around ?2-3million for ground clearence alone.

Nope, the distillery ground is a pointless, futile exercise.

graeme

Francis Albert

Yes but would be much easier to justify say allowing cheap land to hearts to build a stadium/community facility than to do the same to Ubig so they can turn it into a massive leisure asset.

Hearts is in effect a subsidiary of UBIG, so I think it would amount to the same thing.

Anyway after 130 odd years of at best neglect and at worst penalising the local clubs (gizza a tram subsidy guv) I can't see the Council doing anything for Edinburgh's football clubs, can you? Boris Johnson has offered Spurs ?8m and Haringey Council has offered to relax planning requirements to encourage them to redevelop WHL. the chances of Edinburgh Council doing something like that?

Francis Albert

Why do 74% want two tiers? Kills the atmosphere.

ARSEHOLES.

Yes. WHL was like a library, right enough!

Two tiers means more seats can be closer to the pitch.

Yes. WHL was like a library, right enough!

Two tiers means more seats can be closer to the pitch.

:nah:

Two tiers almost split the fans into two seperate supports.

One tier stands are like a wall of noise. One of the reasons why Tynecastle creates a decent atmosphere surely.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Didn't even bother filling it in. There was absolutely no 'stay at Tynecastle option'.

You'd have to be an utter mup to believe these results aren't rigged either.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

:nah:

Two tiers almost split the fans into two separate supports.

One tier stands are like a wall of noise. One of the reasons why Tynecastle creates a decent atmosphere surely.

Two tiers utilises the space available to get more people into the stadium to make more money, to survive and prosper.

Surely this is not to difficult to understand.

New stadiums generate a whole new fan base, this has been proved all over the country and I'm sure the custodians or our famous club are not as short sighted as some of the windbags on here.

Wrong

Which part are you taking issue with?

Genuine two tier constructions with the front of the upper deck overhanging the back of the lower one do fit more people onto the same footprint

The kind of arrangement they have at Easter Road obviously doesn't although it allows them to fit in a level of boxes and improves the sightlines for the top deck (The Wheatfield achieves the same effect by being vertiginously steep)

For seriously big stadia the case for tiers is clear if you've been at the back behind the goals at Hampden then you'll know what I'm talking about.

For the kind of size that we need the justification for a tiered design less obvious and for clubs like Saint Mirren it would just be silly

I'd probably go for a mix so that some optimised are built for views and some for atmosphere.

Spurs proposed new stadium has a massive single tier behind one goal in a manner similar to the Kop at Anfield.

tottenham-interior415.jpg

This would give people choice and would also mean that the people who want to make a lot of noise would tend to congregate in one part of the ground.

Edinburgh is tiny. Nothing in Edinburgh is a nightmare to get to.

Places to drink will open, probably inside the stadium, to deal with your drinking problem.

Gorgie is a shithole and full of Polish shops so who cares. As if the Hearts fans who are in town once every 2 weeks are pumping money into anything other than the pubs.

The atmosphere cant get any worse surely.

Agree that the club probably have fiddled the results though. Corrupt to the core.

Canni believe that 50%+ are against a standing area. Meaning more than half of Hearts fans are utter kill-joys and totally against an area of the ground which would do those in the padded seats no harm whatsoever. Strange one.

ask yourself why the Taylor report was commisioned

nothing to do with being a kiljoy more to being sensible or about five foot six

Plans currently infront of Mad Vlad for approval shows HMFC staying at Tynecastle, three stands remaining and a new main stand with a scaled down hotel bolted on. Talks are underway with hotel operator for Mcleod Street as well as St Andrews Square and UBIG's property in West Register Street.

Plans currently infront of Mad Vlad for approval shows HMFC staying at Tynecastle, three stands remaining and a new main stand with a scaled down hotel bolted on. Talks are underway with hotel operator for Mcleod Street as well as St Andrews Square and UBIG's property in West Register Street.

I would like to vote for this option in the questionnaire on the proposed redevelopment of Tynecastle.

Wonder when we can expect that questionnaire.

Of course if it is impossible to find the finance for a new Main Stand I would be quite happy with the club's facilities basically staying as they are. So look forward to the club adding these questions to the updated questionnaire on the proposed redevelopment of Tynecastle.

think of all the money wasted by the Trams and what that could have to done for Hearts and Hibs!

If we were to move west, I'm guessing it'd be in the area around the Gyle. If so it'd be on the tram line and it'd be a great method of getting there. Also the 100, 22, 12, 1 and even 21 would all link to it. But eventually the trams, if its in the area, and no doubt the club would seek to move out on the route or in and around the corridor of town these buses and trams run through.

My only major issue with moving ground is that it may be too big and feel empty.

Minor issues, it may prove to be a white elephant to the debt and increase it and not help decrease it, and that the fact that there may be few pubs in the vicinity....as the pub is a vital aspect of the football experience in Scotland.

IIRC did it not say that while we are looking at every opportunity to redevelop Tynecastle if this is not possible we are putting out this questionaire in the event we need to move. I seem to remember that was the whole reason for the questions.

Which part are you taking issue with?

Genuine two tier constructions with the front of the upper deck overhanging the back of the lower one do fit more people onto the same footprint

The kind of arrangement they have at Easter Road obviously doesn't although it allows them to fit in a level of boxes and improves the sightlines for the top deck (The Wheatfield achieves the same effect by being vertiginously steep)

For seriously big stadia the case for tiers is clear if you've been at the back behind the goals at Hampden then you'll know what I'm talking about.

For the kind of size that we need the justification for a tiered design less obvious and for clubs like Saint Mirren it would just be silly

I'd probably go for a mix so that some optimised are built for views and some for atmosphere.

Spurs proposed new stadium has a massive single tier behind one goal in a manner similar to the Kop at Anfield.

tottenham-interior415.jpg

This would give people choice and would also mean that the people who want to make a lot of noise would tend to congregate in one part of the ground.

Two tier stadiums are FRANKLY ABHORRENT.

They cost more and are only really necessary if the club are looking to build a large stadium. If anything, Hearts would be building a 20,000 seater on a budget in the middle of a field so its pointless basically.

All that extra bother, planning and cash so you can have something which has two piddly wee tiers resembling Almondvale sitting on top of each other. Not into that.

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

ask yourself why the Taylor report was commisioned

nothing to do with being a kiljoy more to being sensible or about five foot six

I'm 5'5 and I stand at every home game, and most of the aways I go to thumbsup.gif

Also you're opening a huge can of worms with that Taylor report thing

I love how those that disagree with the results immediately assume it's all a fix laugh.gif

These results are genuine, whether you agree with them or not. They will form part of a report to the Council, but that report will also include options for staying at Tynecastle. A decision has not been taken as yet for the future, but it should be soon.

No conspiracy, no made up stats, no lies. Accept it and await the final report with eager anticipation thumbsup.gif

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Two tier stadiums are FRANKLY ABHORRENT.

They cost more and are only really necessary if the club are looking to build a large stadium. If anything, Hearts would be building a 20,000 seater on a budget in the middle of a field so its pointless basically.

All that extra bother, planning and cash so you can have something which has two piddly wee tiers resembling Almondvale sitting on top of each other. Not into that.

Very wee team of you Borat !

All pish as well.

The reason stadiums are built upwards instead of outwards is because its actually cheaper. Rather obvious with most new buildings that are constructed these days.

Tynecastle is a dump and is being left to rot with very little maintenance that I can see anyway.

I'm sure all will become clear, later rather than sooner anyway...:thumbsup:

I'm 5'5 and I stand at every home game, and most of the aways I go to thumbsup.gif

I'm 6"4' and if honest a bit overweight but I would not like to stand either. I understand why those who have experience of near death on the terrace would vote against a standing section. There is a huge difference from standing at a seat and standing on a terrace. I do agree that a terrace does allow for a great atmosphere but would suggest this is down to people who want to sing having the ability to move to the one area, this has organically happen at Tynecastle in recent years with the emergence of the singing sections in G & N without a terrace being present.

Was also surprised by the large percentage in favour of a bowl design, I only hope that this does not equate to an oval shape at pitch level!

Don't believe any of the poll. Vlad has told staff Hearts are moving within 3 years full stop.

If a new owner came along this moving lark would be forgotten.

I am against a move unless Vlad buys the old Scottish and Newcastle site and moves the three stands brick by brick.

Don't believe any of the poll. Vlad has told staff Hearts are moving within 3 years full stop.

I am against a move unless Vlad buys the old Scottish and Newcastle site and moves the three stands brick by brick.

I like a realist. :mellow:

4c857e4ccdd6c52611199a2ac632cedf.jpg

Francis Albert

Is there such a thing as a brick in the new stands?

D'you mean the SN site at fountainbridge?

Could handle that, definitely. Out of town tho, no way.

Also, don't get the reason they gave about a tynecastle redevelopment being unsafe as too close to the potentially dangerous refinery (brewery / whatever) ... if it's that dangerous, why did they rebuild a school right next to it, and wtf is it still doing in the centre of town? If it's so potentially dangerous, tell them to pack up, clean up the site and get on their bike

kennyblack'sshot

I don't think this survey is accurate as it was open to abuse - and I remember most of HIbs.net appeared to have voted going by the threads over there.

I can't imagine any Hearts fan voting for an over 30,000 stadium - let alone 20% of Hearts fans - or being happy to see rugby played at the ground given how violently opposed most Hearts fans were to Murrayfield for those very two reasons. Hearts fans love the tightness of Tynecastle and know it sometimes gives us an advantage. That is a very fishy statistic indeed.

I'd love to see the figures broken down by season ticket holders (verified) and non season ticket holders. In fact, I think I'm going to write to the club to ask as I would bet the results are pretty different.

I would hate to see us move from Tynecastle but if this has to happen then I think the club should make sure that we build as close to Tynecastle as planning will allow, for me Sighthill would be ideal as it has good transport links, is reasonably close to Tynie, is an area in need of regeneration and has the space to develop a modern facility. I also think that the club should make a statement with the stadium and not just chuck up another Leicster/Southhampton/Cardiff type souless bowl. The best example that I can see at the moment is the Forsyth Barr stadium in Dunedin NZ where I used to live. It's currently being used for the RWC and ticks alot of the boxes we would like to see from a new stadium. It has 4 steep stands with one area where the seating can be removed for concerts, etc but most of all it has a permanent clear plastic roof, this would provide a great atmosphere and a unique point of difference in Scotland as well as making it more suitable for other events. As for the question of weathe the roof affects the playing surface, Dunedin has asimilar climate to Edinburgh and has had no problems so far.

http://www.forsythbarrstadium.co.nz/

I would hate to see us move from Tynecastle but if this has to happen then I think the club should make sure that we build as close to Tynecastle as planning will allow, for me Sighthill would be ideal as it has good transport links, is reasonably close to Tynie, is an area in need of regeneration and has the space to develop a modern facility. I also think that the club should make a statement with the stadium and not just chuck up another Leicster/Southhampton/Cardiff type souless bowl. The best example that I can see at the moment is the Forsyth Barr stadium in Dunedin NZ where I used to live. It's currently being used for the RWC and ticks alot of the boxes we would like to see from a new stadium. It has 4 steep stands with one area where the seating can be removed for concerts, etc but most of all it has a permanent clear plastic roof, this would provide a great atmosphere and a unique point of difference in Scotland as well as making it more suitable for other events. As for the question of weathe the roof affects the playing surface, Dunedin has asimilar climate to Edinburgh and has had no problems so far.

I like the idea of the clear roof and anything else that would make any new stadium different from the usual dull Leicester/Southampton/Cardiff bowl.

If we have to move, then please Hearts, give us:

1. Steep stands that are close to the pitch.

2. A large area to have a beer.

3. Good transport links.

4....and something that isn't the usual dull bowl as stated above.

Bottom line is Vlad is wanting out - this is not rumour either.

So why take Hearts away from Tynecastle in the next 3-5 years?

Financial gain? Sell the ground or develop the land and move to Hermistion Gait?

So why take Hearts away from Tynecastle in the next 3-5 years?

Financial gain? Sell the ground or develop the land and move to Hermistion Gait?

If that is the strategy it really is cut the losses/rush for the exits time for UBIG.

Tynecastle might at an absolute stretch raise what - say ?8-10m? Does not go close to covering the debt levels ... levels which would afterward make it very difficult for anyone to buy Hearts as a sustainable business, particularly with no assets. UBIG would likely need to take at least a further ?10-20m hit on the current outstanding debt in order to sell ...

And all assuming of course there are no costs involved in getting a new stadium going.

Sydney from Sydney

The Main Stand's falling apart. It has 5-10 years left at best before it becomes a complete financial blackhole where annual repairs outspend season tickets for the stand.

Not sure what you base this on. I know it's old and out of date, but it looks the same as it always did.

Francis Albert

I don't think this survey is accurate as it was open to abuse - and I remember most of HIbs.net appeared to have voted going by the threads over there.

I can't imagine any Hearts fan voting for an over 30,000 stadium - let alone 20% of Hearts fans - or being happy to see rugby played at the ground given how violently opposed most Hearts fans were to Murrayfield for those very two reasons. Hearts fans love the tightness of Tynecastle and know it sometimes gives us an advantage. That is a very fishy statistic indeed.

I'd love to see the figures broken down by season ticket holders (verified) and non season ticket holders. In fact, I think I'm going to write to the club to ask as I would bet the results are pretty different.

As an ST holder who is one of the 20%, disagreeing with you doesn't make things "fishy".

Murrayfield showed we have the potential to fill a 30,000 stadium.

And rugby has been played at Tynecastle.

As an ST holder who is one of the 20%, disagreeing with you doesn't make things "fishy".

Murrayfield showed we have the potential to fill a 30,000 stadium.

And rugby has been played at Tynecastle.

1. The survey was skewed, and was a means to an end for Vlad, no questions on Tynie at all, and questions you cant really disagree with

2. The main stand IS crumbling

3. A new main stand would be approved by the council, does the club (or should I say Vlad) want approval?

4. I believe this is the key one - the three new stands are nearing there sell by date.

If this is not a rumour then I assume you have proof that it is FACT

The club only accepte votes from people who had a purchase history therefore largely eleminating any hobo type votes

It was nothing to do with the fact that rugby is played at Murryfield, it was that there was no plan B once Tynecastle had been sold.

The tightness of Tynecastle can jsut as easily be a disadvantage when the fans get on the players backs.

A break down of figures would be interesting but wouldn't prove anything one way or the other

I really like that. Putting aside the question of the cost of it, if we absolutely had to move away from Tynecastle that's the kind of thing we should be looking at, something different and modern and able to host other sporting and entertainment events, and in all weathers too, rather than some identikit, flat pack effort like most of the new stadiums in the SPL.

With regards to Aberdeen looking like they are moving to a new stadium, how are they funding it?

Selling the Pittodrie land? But surely that won't cover the cost of a new stadium, and they are skint aswell.

Headline in today's Scotsman:

Hearts weigh up options as fans back ground move

Poor, poor stuff, but exactly what the club would have wanted. A deeply flawed questionnaire leads to a ridiculous distortion of the truth in the press.

:down:

With regards to Aberdeen looking like they are moving to a new stadium, how are they funding it?

Selling the Pittodrie land? But surely that won't cover the cost of a new stadium, and they are skint aswell.

I think they're getting help from the council.

Folk that want a 30000 seater stadium are probably the same that are cursing we haven't won the champions league yet and gutted we didn't sign Maniche last month.

I'm all for a move as long as it has Hearts and the fans in mind.

Archived