New Stadium Questionnaire Results (merged)

super_vlad

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to know what everyones opinions are on the results of the questionnaire they held on the Hearts website about a new stadium. The results claim that the majority of the 8376 supporters who filled in the questionnaire would be happy with a move to a new stadium in the west of the capital. After all the campaigning that happened to stay at Tynecastle, do these results suggest a change of heart?

A big part of the previous problem was that pieman didn't have a plan B. His plan seemed to be to rid the club of debt then sell his share for a large sum, leaving whoever bought him out to pay for a new stadium. Also moving to such a big stadium as murrayfield would mean no-one would need to buy season tickets as there would be 1000's of seats available for any game which in turn would lose the club funds for transfers.

Gregory House M.D.

Just wanted to know what everyones opinions are on the results of the questionnaire they held on the Hearts website about a new stadium. The results claim that the majority of the 8376 supporters who filled in the questionnaire would be happy with a move to a new stadium in the west of the capital. After all the campaigning that happened to stay at Tynecastle, do these results suggest a change of heart?

The campaigning was against Murrayfield so I don't think it's a change of heart. Just fans are open-minded to a move to a purpose-built stadium.

Can't remember being asked mind you. It was a Questionnaire without the main question.

I would except a nice 25,000 seater on the edge of the city that was designed with the club in mind. Not some soulless bowl that has no atmosphere.

Gregory House M.D.

New stadium my arse.

Seriously, get a grip eh. It's no funnier than when you said it the first time.

here who was the club's spokesperson on their own website

can you not name names????

All results as expected really but I would have liked to have been told what the gist of the comments was in the final section of the questionnaire. I have no doubt that the majority said something like, "Aside from all this claptrap, we don't actually want to leave Tynecastle at all you know....."

Anyway. I'm sure the right people already know that.

It's inevitable we will have to move at some point although it would be my preference we owned the new ground rather than get roped into the MurrayBowl venture.

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

Hearts don't really give a shit about us or what we think tbh. The questionnaire was just so they could go "yeah well we asked you what you thought but you were wrong."

Loaded questionnaire.

Despite being billed as being about the proposed redevelopment of Tynecastle - not one question about a proposed redevelopment of Tynecastle.

No questions regarding what what would make fans spend more money at Tynecastle, whether they are happy with the facilities or what facilities they want at Tynecastle, whether they want the financial albatross of financing a new stadium around the team's neck etc.

Instead nonsense about how many miles from Tynecastle in the West of the City would be acceptable as if there are a vast number of sites to choose from and irrelevant stuff about alcohol at games. :down:

Gregory House M.D.

The Main Stand's falling apart. It has 5-10 years left at best before it becomes a complete financial blackhole where annual repairs outspend season tickets for the stand.

Also, Tynecastle is not fit for purpose no matter how deep you plumb your head in the sand. We've done countless alterations to meet UEFA standards such as removing rows to widen the pitch, installing new dugouts, widening the techincal areas etc. FFS there was even scaffolding in part of the wheatfield last year!

On top of that our Hospitality isn't up to date either. There isn't even corporate boxes.

We desperately need a new stadium and will eventually leave Tynecastle. It's inevitable. Drag it out for years but the fact remains, Tynecastles had it's day.

By **** I'll miss the auld fecker when the time comes, maybe even shed a wee tear or two. She's had some innings though.

Loaded questionnaire.

Despite being billed as being about the proposed redevelopment of Tynecastle - not one question about a proposed redevelopment of Tynecastle.

No questions regarding what what would make fans spend more money at Tynecastle, whether they are happy with the facilities or what facilities they want at Tynecastle, whether they want the financial albatross of financing a new stadium around the team's neck etc.

Instead nonsense about how many miles from Tynecastle in the West of the City would be acceptable as if there are a vast number of sites to choose from and irrelevant stuff about alcohol at games. :down:

If we were to move, wouldn't the sale of Tynecastle reduce or even eliminate this albatross?

It's correct - there was no opportunity in the questions to opt for "staying at Tynecastle" ... a bit like elections in Zimbabwe, really ...

Still bigger than a hobo crowd!

True but still rather disappointing. I'm sure more than 8k of those in the Scottish Cup parade(s) have computer access.

The Main Stand's falling apart. It has 5-10 years left at best before it becomes a complete financial blackhole where annual repairs outspend season tickets for the stand.

Also, Tynecastle is not fit for purpose no matter how deep you plumb your head in the sand. We've done countless alterations to meet UEFA standards such as removing rows to widen the pitch, installing new dugouts, widening the techincal areas etc. FFS there was even scaffolding in part of the wheatfield last year!

On top of that our Hospitality isn't up to date either. There isn't even corporate boxes.

We desperately need a new stadium and will eventually leave Tynecastle. It's inevitable. Drag it out for years but the fact remains, Tynecastles had it's day.

By **** I'll miss the auld fecker when the time comes, maybe even shed a wee tear or two. She's had some innings though.

Agreed. :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Something needs to give. We have been in limbo for a fair wee while now.

It might be a trivial matter to some but it is really important to me that if we move we have a stadium much less than 5 miles from Tynecastle and it must be East of the current one.

The stadium design must also reflect the old one's positive features... ******* annoying thing is though. .. I am the worst person to give such demands as I will go wherever they do.

Something needs to give. We have been in limbo for a fair wee while now.

It might be a trivial matter to some but it is really important to me that if we move we have a stadium much less than 5 miles from Tynecastle and it must be East of the current one.

The stadium design must also reflect the old one's positive features... ******* annoying thing is though. .. I am the worst person to give such demands as I will go wherever they do.

I assume you mean West?

No danger it will be East of Tynie ...

Been a while since I paid attention to market research sort of stuff but iirc you tend to expect a return on this sort of thing of around 5% of your potential audience. 8376 doesn't seem so bad when you look at it that way. I also don't remember receiving notification of the questionnaire via anything other than email (I could be wrong on this one) but again, that approach is going to reduce the number of respondents. Lots of people don't use email, lots of people don't check their email, lots of people might have confused it with a sales related email, lots of people have old and un-used email addresses which might live on databases such as this. All things considered, I don't think it's that bad a haul.

Must not be more than a mile East of the current site is what I meant!

Aye

a ) there's a fully developed City in the way

b ) any further East than about two miles, and you start getting awfully near Hobo country.

banjos1.jpg

No mention of the desire not to have an athletics track at any stadium :mellow:

Quite the contrary; The vast majority of respondents supported the use of the stadium for 'Other Sports' - 72%.

At the end of the day any decision made will be done for economic reasons.

What we may or may not think about what should happen is largely irrelevant anyway as to all intents and purposes it is none of our business.

Token gesture questionnaire meaning the club can claim they consulted us before battering on ahead with their own plans anyways.

To be expected really, the club will do whats in its best interests, redardless of whether its what we as supporters asked for.

Really not up for moving stadium to th edge of the city.

1 - it will be a nightmare to get to

2 - no pubs anywhere near

3 - the local comminuty will suffer without Hearts in Gorgie

4 - will the atmosphere be the same?

5 - I think these results must be doctored as all the people i've spoken to dont want to move.

The questionnaire was loaded and vague, so as to produce results that can be spun and presented to support whatever path the club decides to take.

A worthless exercise to be honest.

Like the last time, we'll only find out what the fans really think when there's a firm proposal on the table.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

1 - it will be a nightmare to get to...Nonsense, there are lots of outside City stadiums that have no problems.

2 - no pubs anywhere near...Good, better facilities inside the stadium creates more revenue.

3 - the local comminuty will suffer without Hearts in Gorgie....I hope the local community don't rely on fortnightly trade for a few hours or they wont survive long anyway.

4 - will the atmosphere be the same?...It can be easily made the same.

5 - I think these results must be doctored as all the people i've spoken to dont want to move....Why bother doing a survey in the 1st place if they are going to alter it..

Hearts move with my blessing.

5 - I think these results must be doctored as all the people i've spoken to dont want to move.

So quite a lot of supposition then.

Here's some more.

1 - it may not be.

2 - there may be.

3 - would it? If Tynecastle was sold and say housing was built then that may benefit the community.

4 - could it be any worse?

5 - of those that you spoke to did they all complete the questionnaire?

I have always believed that the only way we can stay at tynecastle is by getting hold of the land the distillery is on and redevelop...costs tho???

There are plenty of teams who have moved to new stadiums in the last 7 or 8 years (Man City and Falkirk spring to mind). What they have done is put free buses on to take fans from their usual watering holes next to the old stadium site, and take them to the new one. :thumbsup:

I don't mind if we move as long as there are decent transport links, copious beer-drinking spaces and that the stands are close to the pitch.

If we do move, I hope we try and build something with a more 'European' feel to it as opposed to the usual dull bowl like Leicester or Middlesborough have.

Gregory House M.D.

0,,10289~3695423,00.jpg

Who's Idea was it to put hospitality windows under the lower Gorgie seats? :lol:

Edinburgh is tiny. Nothing in Edinburgh is a nightmare to get to.

Places to drink will open, probably inside the stadium, to deal with your drinking problem.

Gorgie is a shithole and full of Polish shops so who cares. As if the Hearts fans who are in town once every 2 weeks are pumping money into anything other than the pubs.

The atmosphere cant get any worse surely.

Agree that the club probably have fiddled the results though. Corrupt to the core.

Canni believe that 50%+ are against a standing area. Meaning more than half of Hearts fans are utter kill-joys and totally against an area of the ground which would do those in the padded seats no harm whatsoever. Strange one.

If we were to move, wouldn't the sale of Tynecastle reduce or even eliminate this albatross?

Massive indebtedness plus cost of new stadium land plus cost of new stadium build plus cost of Tynecastle demolition

minus

lower valuation of Tynecastle as building land compared to Pieman's attempt to sell

equals

financial albatross.

Even if the SRU or Council (and where would either of those get the money or inclination) rent us a stadium on a peppercorn rent (which might be illegal?); the club would go into that with no assets and a huge debt (c. ?30m debt at present vs c. ?10m value of Tynecastle on optimistic assumptions).

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

Canni believe that 50%+ are against a standing area. Meaning more than half of Hearts fans are utter kill-joys and totally against an area of the ground which would do those in the padded seats no harm whatsoever. Strange one.

It's not really, is it? You've been to Tynie - you know what folk are like laugh.gif

here who was the club's spokesperson on their own website

can you not name names????

if it's a quote for a news paper why dont you phone them and ask, do journalist do any of their own investigations or do they all get their stories from web sites?

Its bound to be around one of the park and rides/tram depot for transport. Each and everyone has green belt land and I think this is why we need the council support as only green belt land is viable. I'm expecting it out near the tram depot tbh to justify the trams.

Francis Albert

0,,10289~3695423,00.jpg

Who's Idea was it to put hospitality windows under the lower Gorgie seats? :lol:

I don't think it was a bad idea at all. It meant there was a good view of the stadium from the Gorgie suite until the seats went down half an hour before KO. It's a couple of years since I was in the Gorgie Suite so I don't know if this is still the way it works. Other similar sized hospitality suites I've experienced (eg most recently WHL) are buried in the stand, windowless and can be a bit claustrophobic by comparison.

I would guarentee the new stadium will not be owned by Hearts. It will be a leisure asset of Ubig and encounter far more than the stadium. This could be a killer for me as the council will not offer us much in terms of concession for something like this that would be a private asset.

Francis Albert

bowl shaped, 70% :blink:

I suspect people (including me) just meant fully enclosed, rather than with big gaps betwen the stands like ER and many other of the new standard issue stadiums. . Bowl shaped can still be steep sided and with stands close to the pitch, as in several European examples.

Francis Albert

I would guarentee the new stadium will not be owned by Hearts. It will be a leisure asset of Ubig and encounter far more than the stadium. This could be a killer for me as the council will not offer us much in terms of concession for something like this that would be a private asset.

emm.. wouldn't it be a private asset if owned by Hearts?

Anyway pigs will fly before Council does anything to support Hearts (or Hibs).

Archived