Conditioning coach

GETAGRIP

This can only be good!

Assuming they actually follow them. Rooney was given a personalized diet to take away with him on his summer holidays and he conveniently left it at home.

I do think this will benefit it, but it can have its downside.

All good stuff but it seems unbelievable that an SPL team would already have been spending so much money on all kinds of things (mainly huge player pool) but not this.

Funnily enough, the lads who were involved with JKB Fc were given fitness training from a Scotland Rugby league fitness coach. Big Angus was akin to a SAS instructor as he barked out his instructions but he was very good !

Assuming they actually follow them. Rooney was given a personalized diet to take away with him on his summer holidays and he conveniently left it at home.

It's obviously had an impact on him given his start to the season.........

;-).

jamboinglasgow

I wonder if this new conditioning coach has a significant effect on us will it create a change on Scottish football like Wenger did when he changed Arsenal and they it handled fitness.

I've heard some folk associated with the club talking about him. He has already changed things by increasing the intensity and frequency of sessions, e.g. the U19s now do theree weights sessions a week. Given that a lot of Rugby conditioning is about upper body strength, I would hope that this will have a positive effect on the youngsters in particular, making them more able to cope with the physical aspects of the game.

He should get Templeton and Novikovas doing the same and maybe they would'nt be so easily pushed off the ball.

jamboinglasgow

Wire are my local RL club.

They are well coached by Tony Smith but they play with an intensity for 80 minutes that other teams cannot match.

Have been sitting watching them on TV win their first league shield in years. However, the number of tackles and amount of running they have had to do in defence tonight has been unbelieveable. They are super fit.

If this lad can get our players half as fit as he has got the Wolves, with the ballwork PS can do, we will have a team of athletes

Anyone who's bored next Friday should watch them against Huddersfield in the play offs. Will be a good game and it will show how physically fit and conditioned this lad has got the Wolves

Just caught the last ten minutes of the Warrington v Huddersfield game, Warrington won 47-0!!! The commentators kept saying the most impressive thing of the game is not how many Warrington scored but the defence and not conceding a single point, dont really know much about RL so how much would fitness come into defence?

so have we actually got this guy under contract ???

Best

TW

Bumped... did we get this guy... cant see Dave Sykes being mentioned anywhere?

Good on you, ITK, as I found nothing on Google at the time to demonstrate that we'd actually got the guy.

There's nothing like KB running away with itself on an OP.

Yours in 'DYOR'

TW

He should get Templeton and Novikovas doing the same and maybe they would'nt be so easily pushed off the ball.

Agreed. Novi is getting there though.

jamboinglasgow

Read FF's post earlier on where he effectively confirms it.

Reading a bit about him, I'd imagine he would come on some consultancy level if he has arrived. He appears to have his fingers in a few pies.

This post or am I missing something ?

"I've heard some folk associated with the club talking about him. He has already changed things by increasing the intensity and frequency of sessions, e.g. the U19s now do theree weights sessions a week. Given that a lot of Rugby conditioning is about upper body strength, I would hope that this will have a positive effect on the youngsters in particular, making them more able to cope with the physical aspects of the game".

If he's with Hearts, wouldn't there be something on the official club site or am i missing that too.

Best

TW

Reading a bit about him, I'd imagine he would come on some consultancy level if he has arrived. He appears to have his fingers in a few pies.

How does he manage to keep so fit? geek.gif

I did read that but would not say that makes it is official. Mind you... FF is a poster that is credible IMO. thumbsup.gif

One thing I have seen is that Dave Sykes is "Head of Youth Strength and Conditioning and Sports Science with Warrington Wolves RLFC" While happy to have someone if his ability on board I don't think he is main man at Warrington!

This post or am I missing something ?

"I've heard some folk associated with the club talking about him. He has already changed things by increasing the intensity and frequency of sessions, e.g. the U19s now do theree weights sessions a week. Given that a lot of Rugby conditioning is about upper body strength, I would hope that this will have a positive effect on the youngsters in particular, making them more able to cope with the physical aspects of the game".

If he's with Hearts, wouldn't there be something on the official club site or am i missing that too.

Best

TW

maybe we're wanting to keep it on the QT, kinda seceret weapon n that

I would hazard a guess that he is working for Hearts.

I saw him at last Friday's U19 game, complete with Hearts jacket with DS on the front. I know it's not the equivalent of holding a scarf above your head, but I think it's an indication of his employment. :whistling:

Just did a Twitter search for Dave Sykes and there's a Dave Sykes who now works for Huddersfield Town FC. Wont be the same guy would it?

A positive move. i think hearts have suffered fitness wise for a few years now...... This could make a huge difference to us over the course of the season. :D

I saw him at last Friday's U19 game, complete with Hearts jacket with DS on the front. I know it's not the equivalent of holding a scarf above your head, but I think it's an indication of his employment. :whistling:

FF from what you know: is Dave Sykes going to work with just under 19 or will he work with the first team as well?

Did the guy have glasses by any chance FF?

FF from what you know: is Dave Sykes going to work with just under 19 or will he work with the first team as well?

I honestly don't know. The first time I saw him was at Creamery Park when the U19s played Motherwell in their first league game. I saw that he had the Warrington Wolves crest on his kit that day. A few days later I heard John Murray telling someone that he was already making changes and the U19s training was specifically mentioned. I'll ask JM the next time I get a chance to speak to him.

Did the guy have glasses by any chance FF?

No

Archived