New York accomodation

Dunk-Section G

Dunk-Section G

Quite random I know but...

I am going with to NYC in November time for 9 nights and was wondering if anyone had any tips on decent but reasonable accomodation?

Quite random I know but...

I am going with to NYC in November time for 9 nights and was wondering if anyone had any tips on decent but reasonable accomodation?

Are you looking for hotel or apartment?

And do you know what neighbourhood you want to stay in?

I live here so can probably offer advice

Craig Gordons Gloves

If you're looking at an apartment, try www.airbnb.com. Much cheaper than a New York hotel, less risk of bed bugs too. You can narrow your search down to Manhattan neighborhoods so it's pretty easy. We got a 1 bed apt for a weekend for $400 in October, in the Clinto area, just off Columbus circle - about 3 blocks from my old apt.

Holiday Inn, Hasbrock Heights which is New Jersey, just outside NYC.

Excellent hotel, free shuttle to the bus which takes you into the centre of NYC.

Definitely recommend it as its cheaper than staying in NYC and you get a priceless view of the city as you get near new york that you won't get if you stay in the city.

If I go back to new york, i'll stay there again :thumbsup:

Ribery's Face

Holiday Inn, Hasbrock Heights which is New Jersey, just outside NYC.

Excellent hotel, free shuttle to the bus which takes you into the centre of NYC.

Definitely recommend it as its cheaper than staying in NYC and you get a priceless view of the city as you get near new york that you won't get if you stay in the city.

If I go back to new york, i'll stay there again :thumbsup:

That looks like a decent hotel mate, good prices. Whats the neighbour hood like?

That looks like a decent hotel mate, good prices. Whats the neighbour hood like?

I lived in Jersey city for a year - right across the Hudson and on the PATH train line to New York.

What are you looking for from your trip to NYC? If you will be out late etc in bars then Jersey is not for you because transport links get worse later at night. Particularly free shuttles. Taxis back to NJ will be expensive.

If you plan on being home earlyish each night, like dinner time, then the money you save may well make this an option.

I can't comment on the specific town/hotel as I don't know it

Archived