2 Signings Possible (Merged Threads)

Clerry Jambo

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paulie Walnut

Maniche and Davie Weir. :whistling:

Is this for real?

You have mentioned his name a few times now.

Captain Canada

Never mind this hotel talk, why are we looking to sign a midfielder? Creating chances isn't a problem in the side from what I've seen, taking them is.

Elliott is a hard worker but lacks a clinical edge, Sutton seems to be out of the picture and Kyle is injury prone. A striker is what we need.

I don't think we need any more players. The squad is bloated to the extent that Taouil, Suso, Sutton, McGowan, Kyle and C Elliot did for various reasons, not even make the bench on Sunday.

JamboAberdeen

Cmon, one tap in and one other, which fair enough he took up a decent position for, but again he could hardly miss it.

I cant think of him, apart from those two, even being in a position to score. I cant think of him winning a great deal in the air or on the deck. I cant think of him linking effectively with any other player in our team. I wouldnt even mind if he was missing chances because those would start going in eventually, but he isnt even doing that. We're not good enough to carry a player who wont/cant work hard. We already do that when Skacel plays but at least he's got the talent to get away with it. Sutton isnt good enough to play without bursting a gut for 90 minutes. Arguably Webster and Skacel apart, we dont have any players who can get away with not working their bollox off during a game.

If he could stand there poaching and bang in goals without breaking sweat and doing next to nothing else, then like Boyd, he'd get away with it. But he doesnt score and he doesnt make a huge effort to get into a position to score and he's simply nowhere near as good a predator as Boyd was in any case.

He scored 12 in 08/09, 14 in 09/10 and 17 in 10/11, more than any of our players in each seasons.

What's wrong with poaching?

In football, it's number of goals that matters.

It's becoming funny to see us crying for new strikers when a potentially-most-prolific striker doesn't even make bench.

Who are we looking for, Messi, van Nistelrooy or Drogba?

He scored 12 in 08/09, 14 in 09/10 and 17 in 10/11, more than any of our players in each seasons.

It's becoming funny to see us crying for new strikers when a potentially-most-prolific striker doesn't even make bench.

Nothing wrong with poaching whatsover. If thats what he does then bring it on. Yes he has a decent goalscoring record, for another club. The club he is at now has better players in his position who have got themselves ahead of him in the pecking order so he's not in the squad. Only he can rectify that and I'd suggest he rectifies it by trying his guts out the next time he gets a start, something we havent seen him do up to now IMO.

Tin hat on... I actually think all Sutton needs is better service. Once he gets that he will be banging them in for fun. The two goals he scored were from great passes. If we get said CH and Midfielder then the service front to back will improve and so will he I feel.

I'll give Sutton his goals - and they are damn well important - but he hasn't shown enough all round play to suggest he's capable of doing anything against the better teams in the league unless they are having an off day.

2 points I'd make

If you watch old videos of wee Robbo, the last thing in the world he was was just a tap in goal scorer.

The first leg against Spurs was only 11 days away, Surely we haven't forgotten the lessons of that game already?

Dagger Is Back

Tin hat on... I actually think all Sutton needs is better service. Once he gets that he will be banging them in for fun. The two goals he scored were from great passes. If we get said CH and Midfielder then the service front to back will improve and so will he I feel.

I don't think you need a tin hat as you're bang on the money IMO.

jamboinglasgow

So still no idea who we may be signing, seems we have written off it being Bruno or Maniche. Seen a rumour on Saturday that the defender is Portuguese.

Mark Donaldson on twitter is saying that PS could've had a CB from Benfica but Vlad took too long to get back to him!

jamboinglasgow

Mark Donaldson on twitter is saying that PS could've had a CB from Benfica but Vlad took too long to get back to him!

He is also saying Vlad wanted Michael Stewart back but Sergio warned against it.

Jam Tarts 1874

We're not even into September, and Sutton is already being written off.

Serigio appears to have decided that Suton is not mobile enough.

In Sergio we trust!

He is also saying Vlad wanted Michael Stewart back but Sergio warned against it.

Those two quotes show me that VR has disagreed with PS's targets and opinions on signings so as a result VR wont sign anyone

Johanes de Silentio

Serigio appears to have decided that Suton is not mobile enough.

Aye - Ewan Cameron said it, so it must be true.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Given proper service Sutton will be the first Hearts striker to bag 20+ goals in a season since Robbo

Maroon & White

Heard from a good source shortly after the Hibs game..

MS is on the pay roll despite squad & Sergio not want him there..

Sergio has been trying to sign 3 players from Portugal but not being allowed..

In Ronanov we trust though eh..

He Who Cannot Be Named

Still hurting after the derby defeat?

ScottishSandstorm

Given proper service Sutton will be the first Hearts striker to bag 20+ goals in a season since Robbo

<_<

Janny, Bednar, and Velicka all should have been that striker... I doubt Sutton will ever be a 20+ striker. Good squad player signed on a free from a lower SPL club. To expect 20+ goals is not practical IMO.

JamboAberdeen

<_<

Janny, Bednar, and Velicka all should have been that striker... I doubt Sutton will ever be a 20+ striker. Good squad player signed on a free from a lower SPL club. To expect 20+ goals is not practical IMO.

I don't think we had single period of passing football in last 10 years.

With decent supply, any of Bednar, Pospisil and Pinilla could have been 20+ strikers.

Bednar and Pinilla have shown what they can do after leaving us, and Burley said Pospisil would be the most prolific at that time.

Instead we resorted to hoofball which asks strikers to create, and midfielders to score.

Nucky Thompson

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

<_<

He got close last season for Well with 17.

I don't think we'll sign anyone.

What a publicity stunt (rhyming slang) that would be

:ninja:

So did I at first,,,,, but now I have got caught up in all the excitement and will be raging if we dont! tongue.gif

kingantti1874

Why resort to making stuff up that I clearly utter utter tripe

Gregory House M.D.

I agree. Great pass though? I saw a scuffed left footed shot from Templeton TBH.

Gregory House M.D.

:goodone:

Johanes de Silentio

I agree. Great pass though? I saw a scuffed left footed shot from Templeton TBH.

You saw. :thumbsup:

scots civil war

romanovs made a few quid out of the europa ties just there

why dont he back the new manager?

eh?:ahhhhhhh:

:facepalm:

The amount of money that he has put into hearts makes the Europa money look like chump change.

Tommy Wiseau

This guy eh?

oh_you_RE_Masturbational_Motivationals_RE_Dear_Blank-s447x335-180525.jpg

scots civil war

it dont ******* matter whats happened in the past mate,its gone and its over with

the football season goes forward and does not reminisce

back the ******* manager for this campaign..........thats all i wish for

im sure you do as well......:thumbsup:

The amount of money that he has put into hearts makes the Europa money look like chump change.

My prediction is no signings!

Hope I am proved wrong though!!!

kingantti1874

Your kidding right, or managers are backed twice as much as the next club outwith the old firm... I can only assume you are taking the piss.

Gregory House M.D.

Any chance these portugeezers will be signed today?

Clerry Jambo

this thread has now taken a turn that makes me feel down.

Mibbe this thread should be in the Gullit Lounge JIG :whistling:

it dont ******* matter whats happened in the past mate,its gone and its over with

the football season goes forward and does not reminisce

back the ******* manager for this campaign..........thats all i wish for

im sure you do as well......:thumbsup:

That's completely over. Finished. Done with.

Over and finished with.

Done over with. Finished. Over.

You understand? Finished over with.

...Done.

Archived