2 Signings Possible (Merged Threads)

Clerry Jambo

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlackhallJambo

HEARTS are in negotiations to sign a central defender and a midfielder before Wednesday's transfer deadline, director Sergejus Fedotovas revealed today.

The Lithuanian is busily working on behalf of Vladimir Romanov, Hearts' majority shareholder, to reinforce the first-team squad at Tynecastle. However, Fedotovas said Bruno Aguiar was not one of the players in question despite rumours that he could return to his former club.Hearts manager Paulo Sergio is keen to increase his defensive options and hand an additional boost to supporters following yesterday's 2-0 Edinburgh derby victory over Hibs.

Fedotovas refused to reveal names of the players locked in talks but stressed Hearts would be seeking value for money from any deal.

"We are constantly working on this," he told the Evening News. "We have checked quite a few possible targets. Some of them didn't fit the criteria and with some we are still negotiating. We obviously want to strengthen the squad but we know the financial terms we can afford. We want to get good value.

"There are a couple of players. Our priority is defenders and we are looking to add someone in midfield. Ideally we are looking to have a player with perspective and we want to be confident he will play from week to week. We want someone who will improve the value of the squad.

"I don't have anything signed yet but negotiations are in progress at the moment. It's difficult to say with confidence that these people will be joining the club by the end of the transfer window, but we hope and we work to achieve that."

Asked about the prospect of new arrivals, Sergio said: "I don't like to talk about that publicly. We are trying for the last 15 days to make some adjustments. I don't know if it's going to be possible or not. We will wait and see."

its nesta and xavi yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

michael stewart possibly, as for defender havent a clue

Clerry Jambo

A midfielder? Praise the lord!

was hoping for another striker myself, but will be interesting to see the type of midfielder it is, hopefully not Stewart :down:

rossthejambo

was hoping for another striker myself, but will be interesting to see the type of midfielder it is, hopefully not Stewart :down:

If I was being greedy I'd maybe want another striker as well but midfielder and centre half are top priorities and I'm glad we're looking at reinforcing these areas.

Michael Stewart to solve our central midfield problems though? No better than Black so would be a pointless signing.

I'm going to take a guess and say it'll be a couple of guys we have never heard of. Possibly a couple of Portuguese or ex Portuguese based players.

Which is pleasing because its always the same, unimaginative names being banded about and people won't have judged them before they have kicked a ball.

jamboinglasgow

Someone mentioned a few days ago that we will sign a Portuguese defender before the deadline. I am still holding out for the midfielder to be a Brazilian who can ping passes onto the head of a pin, be full of flair but built like a brick house, and move with a samba beat...too much to ask? :teehee:

rossthejambo

well who would yas want, whos going to be a realistic target ?

I think I'd be happy if we sign literally anyone other than Michael Stewart.

Hairband would be a pleasant bonus :thumbsup:

Clerry Jambo

:facepalm:

We need a striker.

Yip, especially if Sutton is not fancied by the manager, although that is just pure speculation

Gregory House M.D.

I signed Zel?o and Ganso on FIFA 11 the other day. It's a sign. :whistling:

:facepalm:

We need a striker.

I think given the financial constarints we are under we can't really afford 3 players. I would say a box to box central midfielder is more important than a striker and we are definately short at the back.

We also have Kyle to come back up front so we do have options although I do agree it would be better if we could get another one!

Drylaw Hearts

I agree with you but a central defender and centre mid are way more important imo.

We don't have one out and out goal scoring striker that suits the style of play PS wants to play.

We have several players that are capable enough at CH.

are you turning into csaba laszlo drylaw?

I don't think so jp.

Horatio Caine

It's terrible being in the position where we have to make more signings adding a bit more quality. Unlike Hibs, who, according to clueless Colin have a squad that is `perfect`. :woot:

We don't have one out and out goal scoring striker that suits the style of play PS wants to play.

I don't think so jp.

We do have players who are capable of playing centre half but I don`t think PS will shoehorn players into positions that don`t really suit them. What I mean is if he sees McGowan as a right back and Eggert as a midfielder than that is where they will play or not at all.

I`m not basing this on much but when Danny G's wife was about to pop Kevin McHattie under 19 left back was on the bench.

So just a hunch but if correct then we need a central defender.

Someone mentioned a few days ago that we will sign a Portuguese defender before the deadline. I am still holding out for the midfielder to be a Brazilian who can ping passes onto the head of a pin, be full of flair but built like a brick house, and move with a samba beat...too much to ask? :teehee:

Just a tad!!!

Italian Lambretta

Michael Stewart will NOT sign for Hearts and the other is not worth asnwering.

Don't ask me how I know, I just do :thumbsup:

Michael Stewart and Craig Thomson. NAP

Gregory House M.D.

I don't think so jp.

Gordon Smith should be given a chance and will be.

No we don't.

Drylaw Hearts

We do have players who are capable of playing centre half but I don`t think PS will shoehorn players into positions that don`t really suit them. What I mean is if he sees McGowan as a right back and Eggert as a midfielder than that is where they will play or not at all.

I`m not basing this on much but when Danny G's wife was about to pop Kevin McHattie under 19 left back was on the bench.

So just a hunch but if correct then we need a central defender.

We are once again in a position of not having a striker who can hold the ball up, bring others into play and grab goals.

We need a forward more than a CH imo.

JamboAberdeen

They could be Stewart and Bouzid.

How exciting at Tyne... (and sadly quite possible)

Michael Stewart will NOT sign for Hearts and the other is not worth asnwering.

Don't ask me how I know, I just do :thumbsup:

Well thank **** for that!

Coburg Hearts

It's terrible being in the position where we have to make more signings adding a bit more quality. Unlike Hibs, who, according to clueless Colin have a squad that is `perfect`. :woot:

That is the difference between them and us.

CC:- We are perfect

PS:- Perfection is impossible, we always want to be better. :)

We are once again in a position of not having a striker who can hold the ball up, bring others into play and grab goals.

We need a forward more than a CH imo.

As I said DH I do agree we need a striker but I still think we need a defender more.

If Webster plays most games I will be completely wrong though.

jamboinglasgow

Here is a thought, maybe the defender that PS is trying to sign is a better ball player then our current centre backs which Paulo may think we need if we are to play his style.

I have it on good authority that PS thinks Webster is a spineless shitebag and is actively trying to replace him :thumbsup:

Gregory House M.D.

Here is a thought, maybe the defender that PS is trying to sign is a better ball player then our current centre backs which Paulo may think we need if we are to play his style.

6ft 3", fast as feck, precision passing, strong tackler with a hairband and glowing tan. Too much to ask?

A box to box midfielder in the mold of Cameron or Hartley would be great.....I really just dont see us Signing the ginger ninja again..!

An experienced centre half, to put pressure on mad Zal and auld glass knee's webster would be great.

Im actually relieved that Bruno is not coming back, he was very much hot and cold and not the kind of player we need at the minute.

Tommy Wiseau

Top priority for me is a midfielder - check.

Second top priority is a centre back - check.

Third priority would be a striker - asking a lot.

Happy with this, especially after Stevenson and Elliott's performances yesterday and Gordon Smith's through the week.

Gregory House M.D.

Replace Zaliukas and make Webster captain? :ninja:

Archived