The Highest Point

djh83

Eveyone will have a different moment, but when exactly, for you, was the highest moment Heart Of Midlothian FC reached in the past? Mine was definately Hearts v AEK Athens Murrayfield just after the hour mark. Bednar takes a shot, it rebounds off the post and Miko sticks it in to go 1-0 up in the last qualifying round before the Champoins League proper. That was the moment I thought 'We're actually going to be in the Champions League groups'. This of was of course on the back of winning the Scottish Cup and splitting the OF. The modern day Champions League is the peak and imo out does any League Flags or Cups from yesteryear.

That moment was the peak for me. It went rapidly down hill there after of course. Losing the game, the tie, put straight out of UEFA Cup too and then continuing downward to the misery of the 07/08 season and the fax machine.

What was the highest moment for you?

Howdy Doody Jambo

When that Gretna player missed that penalty and we had won the Scottich Cup13 May 2006

although beating Rangers in September 2005 at Tynecastle when we were top after 8 straight wins was special

When Adam scored the 2nd against rangers in the 98 Final.

A day when dreams came true

And a weekend i will never ever forget

:)

The journey up to Dundee, wasn't even thinking about a win, all I could think was "all we need is a draw"

And like your highest point we all know what happened, and it went downhill from there. High points always seem to be followed by extremely low points as Hearts fan, but it's all part of the excitement and the reason we keep going back because the high points are always so much fun.

Gregory House M.D.

Beating Basle on my birthday was good. Has to be Skelton hitting the crossbar though.

Apart from the cup win in 98 or the 4-0 big semi win i would say beating utd 3-0 at Tannadice and thinking the league title was in the bag,massive Hearts support and a blinding display by the famous but a few weeks later it all ended in tears.

As a youngster beating Airdrie at Tynecastle to win the 1st division thanks to a Frank Liddle header was also special.

The moment Willie Young blew the FT whistle on 16/05/98 for me. Was sure we were gonna lose a last minute goal and blow it again.

Ian Ferguson's goal to beat Bayern Munich was a delight, as was Hartley's penalty against the sheep to take us to the CL.

AEK Athens was an experience but defeat, no matter who the opposition is, is always a low point to me. Winning the Cup in '98 was my highlight. Watching Robbo score all his goals against Hibs was always a high, beating them usually is but Robbo's record will likely never be beaten.

Beating Basle on my birthday was good. Has to be Skelton hitting the crossbar though.

Great trip.

:thumbsup:

The moment Willie Young blew the FT whistle on 16/05/98 for me. Was sure we were gonna lose a last minute goal and blow it

100% THIS.

weaversknowe jambo

For me it has to be beating UTD at Tannadice in 86. Left the ground that day thinking we would win the league. In fact thinking about it, the whole of that season was great..

AEK Athens was an experience but defeat, no matter who the opposition is, is always a low point to me. Winning the Cup in '98 was my highlight. Watching Robbo score all his goals against Hibs was always a high, beating them usually is but Robbo's record will likely never be beaten.

True but Im not talking about the game or the tie (as it was a real low) but about that exact moment when we went 1-0 up. That for me was when Hearts stock was at an all time high. Even if it just lasted for a few minutes. The Champions League was so close you could almost taste it!

True but Im not talking about the game or the tie (as it was a real low) but about that exact moment when we went 1-0 up. That for me was when Hearts stock was at an all time high. Even if it just lasted for a few minutes.

fair enough.

JamboAberdeen

Beating Huns at home in September 2005, winning the first 8 games in row under the new manager, fresh investment, big name signings like Takis and Janny, "firework Phil", new stadium talk, etc.

All ended 3 hours before Dunfermline game.

Followed by Hartley scoring penalty against Aberdeen in spring 2006, and AEK game at Murrayfield.

winston churchill

Winning the cup in 1998 was the highest moment for me. :thumbsup:.

This.

Plus the lochend brazil fell through the trap door that year :thumbsup:

The White Cockade

5 - 1 v Loco Leipzig in 1976

3-0 at Tannadice 1986 - I honestly thought that was the league sewn up

This.

Plus the lochend brazil fell through the trap door that year :thumbsup:

The latter was funny. How bad must they have felt at both events happening in the same season? :D

The moment Willie Young blew the FT whistle on 16/05/98 for me. Was sure we were gonna lose a last minute goal and blow it

Me too, as Dave said only a league win will surpass it

True but Im not talking about the game or the tie (as it was a real low) but about that exact moment when we went 1-0 up. That for me was when Hearts stock was at an all time high. Even if it just lasted for a few minutes. The Champions League was so close you could almost taste it!

Was having a conversation about European nights last week and said exactly that.

The feeling around Murrayfield when we scored that goal was something I've probably never felt since.

The complete dejection leaving the stadium not that long later having lost 2-1 was one of the worst.

When Adam scored the 2nd against rangers in the 98 Final.

A day when dreams came true

And a weekend i will never ever forget

Any excuse spose..

Great trip.

:thumbsup:

It's funny but before watching that clip again I always had the image that Robbie's goal was from about 30yards. :rolleyes:

Getintaethem

80's Beating Bayern Munich.

90's Scottish cup win.

00's Beating Aberdeen to get a champions league spot.

The Scottish cup semi and final in 06 was close and there have been other memorable ones like the 3-0's at Tannidice and Ibrox and many Euro nights, aswell as several great derby victories, but those are my top 3 per decade. The Scottish cup win in 2012 will probably be the one for this decade. :thumbsup:

5 - 1 v Loco Leipzig in 1976

3-0 at Tannadice 1986 - I honestly thought that was the league sewn up

We all did, 25 years on does not dull the pain of Dens Park on that infamous last day, I need a drink. cry_smile.gif

Jamboman1512

Has to be the 98 cup final for me, to hear that final whistle after what felt like 2 1/2 hours of extra time was the best feeling i have ever felt, if i could have bottled that feeling up then mass produced it and sold it i would be a very rich man, the feeling after the 2006 final was great but nowhere near compared to that beautiful day in 98.

Sandy's sock

4-1 against hibs (1973 I think), 5-1 leipzig, 1-0 bayern Munich , but the cup in 98 for me beats them all

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

For me, 1998 was the highest point.

It sounds daft compared to league wins but Miko's goal against Athens is probably the highest peak we've ever touched as a club. I know we were 'World Champions' in 1902 and dominated the late 50s but those were just so long ago now and both limited to a national scale. The CL in the last few years is the biggest club competition ever and we were right in there on the cusp of the groups.

When we win the league that will beat it. :ninja:

This by a country mile . Never thought I would ever see this in my life time

jambos are go!

We all did, 25 years on does not dull the pain of Dens Park on that infamous last day, I need a drink. cry_smile.gif

Me too.

Jam Tarts 1874

Can't beat the Stephane Adam cup final goal, but Derek O'Connor's late winner at hibs was special .

'98 cup final, no question.

In fact I met a guy this morning that I hadn't seen since that day. Very quickly we were reminiscing.

The only game and result I've actually cried at, years of frustration and disappointment rolling away as the tears rolled down my face.

Every single time I put those glorious colours around my kneck.

Specifically though, when we absolutely reamed hibs in the semi at Hampden.

alicante jambo

baeting rangers in the 98 cup final will never forget the parade on the sunday down to gorgie road and then going in the stadium for what turned out to be the best party ive ever been to.I aquired a neil pointon dvd which he recoreded in the morning leading up to the game and then the players coming into the changing room at the end and then on the way home and the parade.I was told their was only 6 available and i watch this when we have big games to get me in the mood.

The 1998 cup win was my best moment as a Hearts fan, because I am from that generation of fans who just missed out on the great days of the fifties. Anyone who has only seen Hearts post-1983 can have no idea just how bad most of the mid sixties to early eighties were.

The highest point, in terms of when the team was strongest, was undoubtedly Burley's reign, and the full houses every week. That's the only time I've thought Hearts were actually invincible. Still not really forgiven Vlad for that. It was almost as if, having given us a taste of how good things could be, like an abusive parent he said "you can't have that!"

Quite a few, no doubt 'cause I've been around so long!

First ever game v Rangers as 9 year ols (I remember it clearly) when we won 4-0.

1960 at Love St 4-4 for the title.

Leipzig 5-1

Bayern etc. etc.

and 1998 is up there with the best

Has to be 98.

Beating Aberdeen to get in the champions league was a special night as well...

Pumping Hibs at Hampden.

Beating Bayern Munich.

Beating Morton 1-0 on a Wednesday night at Cappielow :unsure:

Nope defiantly 98..

Eveyone will have a different moment, but when exactly, for you, was the highest moment Heart Of Midlothian FC reached in the past? Mine was definately Hearts v AEK Athens Murrayfield just after the hour mark. Bednar takes a shot, it rebounds off the post and Miko sticks it in to go 1-0 up in the last qualifying round before the Champoins League proper. That was the moment I thought 'We're actually going to be in the Champions League groups'. This of was of course on the back of winning the Scottish Cup and splitting the OF. The modern day Champions League is the peak and imo out does any League Flags or Cups from yesteryear.

That moment was the peak for me. It went rapidly down hill there after of course. Losing the game, the tie, put straight out of UEFA Cup too and then continuing downward to the misery of the 07/08 season and the fax machine.

What was the highest moment for you?

when i went to see hearts for the very first time about 38 years ago ,

when i went to see hearts for the very first time about 38 years ago ,

It's been down hill since then has it? :unsure:

The moment Willie Young blew the FT whistle on 16/05/98 for me. Was sure we were gonna lose a last minute goal and blow it again.

Ian Ferguson's goal to beat Bayern Munich was a delight, as was Hartley's penalty against the sheep to take us to the CL.

EXACTLY this thumbsup.gif

Although I really should add Bordeaux ...

Fantastic day in the Glasgow sunshine.

Will never forget it.

And if your life passes by you when you are about to kick the bucket it will not be too bad. :thumbsup:

Its 110 years in a row!!

This might sound a bit left field but I am going to go for Hearts 3 - 1 Aberdeen, 25th February 1998

Why?

The timing was important. I was studying hard at Glasgow University, took a break to come through on the Glasgow Hearts bus, met my brother Top Cat and watched what I saw was a league winning side.

The team, more so. The midfield was simply immense. The ball was always on the deck. The talent was across the team, every shirt. The shape and awareness to the passing play was the best I had ever seen. Colin Cameron, especially. Colin Cameron could of played for any team in the UK that season, he was incredible. Long ball football was becoming a distant memory. (A fit Stevie) Fulton the prime reason for that.

I had seen Hearts rise to impressive peaks in the past, but none as complete as this.

More importantly, when Aberdeen got the equalizer, I had no doubt whatsoever we were going to get back on top and take the three points. A strange sensation for a club which used to have a excellent fanzine titled 'Always the Bridesmaid But Never The Bride'. No doubt whatsoever we would take the lead and give the fans three points to add to the campaign.

Sit back and enjoy it, and check that second goal ...Oooyabastid!

Deodato

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVqdapinH3M

Fantastic day in the Glasgow sunshine.

Will never forget it.

And if your life passes by you when you are about to kick the bucket it will not be too bad. :thumbsup:

Its 110 years in a row!!

when the legend that is mr s adam powered that shot past the flyin pig that is still to be topped

Stefan Adam

gets the second goal

I wasn't even there: in a pub-full of Huns in Washington ...

Saul Goodman

Aberdeen CL qualifier was by far the most intense atmosphere i've felt at tynie

1998 cup final was a unbelievable "new" experiance

wee robbos hand ball beating aberdeen semi final 96 in the last minute

have to say though when we equalised against the huns in the league cup final on that snowy day in 96 was immense (plus i loved the dark maroon shirt)

Yip

Archived