Adrian Mrowiec

Best Hero

Brellier was a far better footballer. He does the same as Mrowiec defensively and with a greater level of consistency. What Brellier did better was his distribution once he has won a ball. Oh, and he was ferocious in the tackle.

Mrowiec, playing like he did yesterday, can and should be a fixture in our side, he doesn't do it often enough and will need to up his consistency level for me. He's no Brellier though.

Exactly!

My question is how can you watch football all your days and not come up with that conclusion under your own steam?

Brellier was a far better footballer. He does the same as Mrowiec defensively and with a greater level of consistency. What Brellier did better was his distribution once he has won a ball. Oh, and he was ferocious in the tackle.

Mrowiec, playing like he did yesterday, can and should be a fixture in our side, he doesn't do it often enough and will need to up his consistency level for me. He's no Brellier though.

I hear you bighusref, but my argument would be that Brellier had a ridiculously better standard of player around him. He still fluffed a few 5 yard passes even with Hartley, Skacel, Jankauskas, Fyssas and Bednar consistently showing for the ball to feet.

I think Brellier's career since he left Hearts has shown his true level, I think he is playing at a lower level than when Mrowiec was at Kaunas.

Exactly!

My question is how can you watch football all your days and not come up with that conclusion under your own steam?

What's your opinion on my comments?

I hear you bighusref, but my argument would be that Brellier had a ridiculously better standard of player around him. He still fluffed a few 5 yard passes even with Hartley, Skacel, Jankauskas, Fyssas and Bednar consistently showing for the ball to feet.

I think Brellier's career since he left Hearts has shown his true level, I think he is playing at a lower level than when Mrowiec was at Kaunas.

He certainly had better midfielders/forwards to link with, that is true, I just feel he was a better player. Your point is fair and it would be interesting to see how Brellier could/would play with the team mates he would have at Hearts today. He was certainly more consistent as Mrowiec is very up and down but Mrowiec may sort that this season and go on to prove me wrong. I'd be delighted if that was the case.thumbsup.gif

I make it a point not to trouble myself with how players play after they leave Hearts. For me, it is almost irrelevant. Mrowiec left our club and went to Arka Gdynia before returning to Hearts. That matters little to my feelings on him as a player now.

Brellier was far more consistent.

Yesterday was Mrowiec's first really good competitive game this season. I know he was decent at Ibrox, but primarily that was a harry and chase game, that should suit his style.

Yesterday was a game that we should be facing up to in 80% of the games we play because apart from the OF we should be dictating play against everyone else in the league - home or away.

He has to do this against Killie away and the hubs at home otherwise we are back to square one.

I think the main difference is that Brellier was a lot more comfortable with the ball at his feet and had no problems with carrying the ball

I don't agree that his passing was a great deal better than big Adrian

Other point is that Brellier was an utter shitebag when it came to heading the ball but Adrian has has no problems with it which is an advantage in the SPL

Gregory House M.D.

had a great game today but there is no way he's better than Brellier.

Personally didn't see anything special in Brellier... Thought he was an utter scumbag actually.

Adrian Mroweic was outstanding today. Chased and closed down brilliantly, Tackled brilliantly and outpaced Milsom :blink:

Personally didn't see anything special in Brellier... Thought he was an utter scumbag actually.

Adrian Mroweic was outstanding today. Chased and closed down brilliantly, Tackled brilliantly and outpaced Milsom :blink:

I can only assume that to do with doin bruno, but really???

Gregory House M.D.

I can only assume that to do with doin bruno, but really???

Yes, and every other player he has injured and will injure. Scott Brown included.

Thought he was an animal with a tiny amount of talent who injured a team-mate for a starting berth. The praise he gets on here is vile IMHO.

Drylaw Hearts

Mrowiec had an excellent match yesterday.

He could do with a couple of better players either side of him though.

Yes, and every other player he has injured and will injure. Scott Brown included.

Thought he was an animal with a tiny amount of talent who injured a team-mate for a starting berth. The praise he gets on here is vile IMHO.

maybe aye maybe naw, he was off the time, a lot of players there are rightly remembered in a good light, best 3 months of my footballing life.

i really have no qualms with him or anyone, injuring scott brown.

Gregory House M.D.

maybe aye maybe naw, he was off the time, a lot of players there are rightly remembered in a good light, best 3 months of my footballing life.

i really have no qualms with him or anyone, injuring scott brown.

By all means, crop the cretin these days but he was only a laddie. I loved every player in that team but Brellier was a *****.

By all means, crop the cretin these days but he was only a laddie. I loved every player in that team but Brellier was a *****.

thats were me and you differ pal, brellier was a leg because he chopped *****.

Wow, really WOW. blink.gif

Although I don't read the lad I hought AM played the defensive midfield role perfectly today. No need for Black to be brought back into the team IMO. AM and another in centre midfield should be enough to see us through this season.

Gregory House M.D.

Wow, really WOW. blink.gif

Care to elaborate?

The Old Tolbooth

I don't get the whole Brellier 'love in' thing either, I'm afraid. I didn't rate the guy when he was here and the fact he's went on to do the square root of nowt since he left us is kinda proving my theory. He played in a brilliant team at the time and he was made to look better than he actually was in some folks eyes, but not for me.

Mrowiec had a very good game yesterday, but once he starts doing it regularly then I'll be a lot more convinced, he needs to add consistency to his game and if he can do that then we have a player on our hands! Hopefully he does that and keeps up the good work :thumbsup:

Gregory House M.D.

I really don't think there is any need.

I really would like to know what you disagree with?

:what:

Who gives a **** about how old or young Brown was at the time?

The ned ***** mouther off at the Hearts fans given any chance - he got what was coming.

I'm hard pressed to think of a player in the modern game I hate more.

Actually, while I'm here....

Yesterday at half time they went to Parkhead, "Scott Brown" has given his usual energetic performance"

Translation - he ran about like an idiot chasing the ball.

Chris Benoit

On reflection, Brellier maybe edges it, but I don't think he is any great shakes either.

I really don't think so, he was a liability. Black gets it from a fair few folk for making reckless challenges and putting himself at risk of red cards. Brellier was far far worse and his tackles more dangerous.

Also just because he looked more comfortable on the ball doesn't mean he was more productive with it.

I am by no means trying to make out Mrowiec as better than he actually is but if I had to choose between the two it's be big Adrian every time.

The ned ***** mouther off at the Hearts fans given any chance - he got what was coming.

Yesterday at half time they went to Parkhead, "Scott Brown" has given his usual energetic performance"

He is actually a good guy, voluntarily gave his personal time to coach South Gyle F.C. for a season or two while he was at Hibs. Also very brave when his sister died suddenly as well.

i think he has grown up and more disciplined on the park too, but hasn't fulfilled his potential.

Gregory House M.D.

Ok then :thumbsup: Going by your logic, Had Rearend broke Rudi's leg it would've been well deserved because he wound up Hibs fans.

He is actually a good guy, voluntarily gave his personal time to coach South Gyle F.C. for a season or two while he was at Hibs. Also very brave when his sister died suddenly as well.

i think he has grown up and more disciplined on the park too, but hasn't fulfilled his potential.

He could be mother theresa off the pitch, really could not give a toss though.

IMO he is so un disciplined its unreal. Chasing the ball about the park, regardless of if its in an area he should be in or not. "Great energy levels" - that sums it up for me. How about "Brown has controlled the middle of the park and has dictated all of Celtic/Scotland good play" - never heard that one though.

Ok then :thumbsup: Going by your logic, Had Rearend broke Rudi's leg it would've been well deserved because he wound up Hibs fans.

I think Rudi being pelted by objects from the Easter Road faithful entitled Rudi to throw a little bit back.

The ned tried to tool Rudi, Rudi got up. Rudi 1 Rat 0

IMO he is so un disciplined its unreal. Chasing the ball about the park, regardless of if its in an area he should be in or not. "Great energy levels" - that sums it up for me. How about "Brown has controlled the middle of the park and has dictated all of Celtic/Scotland good play" - never heard that one though.

I think Rudi being pelted by objects from the Easter Road faithful entitled Rudi to throw a little bit back.

I thought when you called him a ned ****** it was for personal reasons and not on the pitch, hence why you were happy for his leg to be broken.

I agree positionally as a footballer he is undisciplined and I think he would've learnt that if he went to the EPL. In regards to his "discplinary record" he is less petulant and does not get sent off anymore.

Gregory House M.D.

Interesting theory. Skacel was doing it in his first spell too though. This is beyond the point though. Brellier is IMHO a thug and a bully with extremely limited ability who was made to look better because SPH done all the work. IMO, If we get a new box-to-box midfielder, Mroweic will look far better than Brellier.

I thought when you called him a ned ****** it was for personal reasons and not on the pitch, hence why you were happy for his leg to be broken.

I agree positionally as a footballer he is undisciplined and I think he would've learnt that if he went to the EPL. In regards to his "discplinary record" he is less petulant and does not get sent off anymore.

Nah, I called him a ned as thats what he comes across like on the pitch. For the record, I have seen him in the Corstorphine Inn a few times and he seemed a pretty quiet lad who (through people I know) also helped out that amateur team.

I never wanted Brown to have his leg broken, I was more than happy to see him going off injured though.

Not sure how his suspension list looks like, but was he not suspended for the start of this season? Players will get suspended, more so if they are midfield players, but I'm pretty sure that he still picks up his fair share of yellow cards.

Celtic changed his game when the signed him, he went from being a promising attacking midfield player to a vastly over rated midfield "enforcer" who runs around snapping at players ankles, with no real intelligence when he has the ball.

Interesting theory. Skacel was doing it in his first spell too though. This is beyond the point though. Brellier is IMHO a thug and a bully with extremely limited ability who was made to look better because SPH done all the work. IMO, If we get a new box-to-box midfielder, Mroweic will look far better than Brellier.

Skacel has no history of putting in high / late challenges whereas Scott Brown does.

You're probably too young to remember Scott Brown's high challenge on Pressley at Tynecastle about 8 years ago. It was about knee height, over the ball and Scott Brown was on a booking already. It was one of the most astonishing, intentionally violent challenges i've ever seen and I couldn't believe when Pressley (eventually) got up from it. Scott Brown was subbed off straight after it. If you live by the sword, you die by the sword and Scott Brown lives by the sword, Skacel doesn't. He's just not that type of player. That's the difference. Brown has behaved like a vicious thug on the pitch and he got a bit of what he gave out.

Skacel has no history of putting in high / late challenges whereas Scott Brown does.

You're probably too young to remember Scott Brown's high challenge on Pressley at Tynecastle about 8 years ago. It was about knee height, over the ball and Scott Brown was on a booking already. It was one of the most astonishingly intentionally violent challenges i've ever seen and I couldn't believe when Pressley (eventually) got up from it. Scott Brown was subbed off straight after it. If you live by the sword, you die by the sword and Scott Brown lives by the sword, Skacel doesn't. He's just not that type of player. That's the difference.

Good memory, forgot all about that one, Cosa.

I'm pretty sure there was Hibs players having a go at Brown after it.

Good memory, forgot all about that one, Cosa.

I'm pretty sure there was Hibs players having a go at Brown after it.

It was a sickening moment. I thought Pressley had a broken leg. The guy looked like he was finished and the ref still didn't red card Brown who would have been about 18 or 19 at the time. If you go about trying to hurt opponents, don't expect any sympathy when someone does it to you.

Nah, I called him a ned as thats what he comes across like on the pitch. For the record, I have seen him in the Corstorphine Inn a few times and he seemed a pretty quiet lad who (through people I know) also helped out that amateur team.

I never wanted Brown to have his leg broken, I was more than happy to see him going off injured though.

Not sure how his suspension list looks like, but was he not suspended for the start of this season? Players will get suspended, more so if they are midfield players, but I'm pretty sure that he still picks up his fair share of yellow cards.

Celtic changed his game when the signed him, he went from being a promising attacking midfield player to a vastly over rated midfield "enforcer" who runs around snapping at players ankles, with no real intelligence when he has the ball.

I agree with Cosa in that if you live by the sword then you die by the sword, I certainly didn't shed any tears when he was snapped at the time, but would prefer if our players didn't stoop to his level.

He seems to have lost an edge to his game and his attacking play is almost non-existent now which is a pity for the Scotland national team. I really don't want to see him start for Scotland any longer, hopefully when D Fletcher is back then he will be bumped out the team.

I agree with Cosa in that if you live by the sword then you die by the sword, I certainly didn't shed any tears when he was snapped at the time, but would prefer if our players didn't stoop to his level.

He seems to have lost an edge to his game and his attacking play is almost non-existent now which is a pity for the Scotland national team. I really don't want to see him start for Scotland any longer, hopefully when D Fletcher is back then he will be bumped out the team.

Scott Brown ain't going anywhere bud. If fit, he will be in that Scotland side.

down.gif

this is obviously bullshit, cos not the best player in the world beside either of them will make them look better at the role they are meant to do in the team, brellier was forever over helping out his fullback doubling up on attackers Im not havin a go at Mrowiec, this whole i like him so i dont like them chat is childish.

People gettin all emotional at folk saying they dont mind scott broon gettin hurt.

sob.png

His career has gone backwards dramatically over the last couple of years. The Celtic fans have been turning against him and his performances for Scotland have been awful. His game was based on aggression and energy rather than talent and his injuries have taken away his edge so now he's just an average player with no remarkable qualities.

down.gif

tbf to the ****wit he is pretty decent in that right wing role he does. terrific energy levels.

down.gif

So true and depressing stuff. Nothing against him but he just isn't any good at that level.

Also agree that Cosa is reminding me what a c u next tuesday he was when he was in his teens. Despicable behaviour on the pitch but he is pretty much reformed now, unlike your Roirdan's, O' Connors etc...

tbf to the ****wit he is pretty decent in that right wing role he does. terrific energy levels.

biggrin.gif

Murdo, is that you?

Adrian was outstanding yesterday, i'm probably the guys biggest fan (even sponsored his shirt last year) and can't see why people always have to put him down. He was great last year, even with Black next to him, people have far too short memories. People who say he is up and down, i would disagree with that, he is a easy target for people on here so when we don't play well its all his fault, can't remember a game when i thought he gave anything less than 100%. As for his passing forward, i've counted 5 passes over 30 yards this season all ready which were ping and found their men. But thats not his job anyway, if you want go back and watch the some of the highlights from year, i remember he got a couple of assists, one that sticks in the mind is against aberdeen at tynie where he won the ball then start the attack and after 3-4 passes found himself at the edge of the box and slide to rudi to score. His main bonus points for me is him and Zal have a create understanding, when Zal does take the ball and start a move he automatically drops straight in to cover him.

The whole thing with Brellier, i think personally its a bit annoying that people go on about Le Judge, who technically was no better than AM but then use the same argument to put AM down. He has a job to do in the team and he does it, end off, if he accidentally breaks i don't know Ian Murrays leg then so be it!

Also since it only Opinion who would like to admit that they were wrong about Eggy playing CB! thought he had a good game again yesterday

If we had a quality central midfielder in there who could pass and get forward, we'd see the best of Adrian. He does the simple things well and he has a remarkable work rate, quick feet in the tackle and he never gives up. He's also quite good in the air and he can play in a few different positions. It's when he has to try and do something with the ball that he looks inadequate.

Every much the player Brellier was for us if not better. But he is not proclaimed as genius by the kickback mafia like Brellier.

Interesting !

Are you serious? The other day i was in debate with WavyDavyon a completely different thread and said it wouldn`t be the same on a Saturday night if someone on JKB didn`t go over the top about a performance from a player who is usually average.

You know, its like a good, consistent player suddenly having a bad game.....you don`t write him off..

Likewise, you don`t go mad over a player who has been average for most part of late just because he suddenly has a notable game. I hope Mrowiec can find consistency for the benefit of HMFC...i never want players to fail....but i would calm doon a wee bit and just wait and see what he can produce long term.

As good as Brellier? mmmmm

Tommy Wiseau

Right, I thought Brellier was a good player for us, but can we stop pretending he could pass a football, thanks?

Cheers.

PS. RE: Scott Brown - the one which had me howling may be the same one you boys are talking about. At Easter Road, the ball was being ushered out of play by Pressley (I think), he went flying through the back of him 2 footed, a straight red offence if ever I saw one and he got clean away with it. He then went to the fans and geed them up just to prove he knew exactly what he was doing. :down:

Problem is that we have too many defensive midfielders and not enough attacking ones. Mrowiec i've never rated and was disappointed when he came back to the club as i thought he didn't really contribute much first time round. He had a decent enough game today and probably deserved his MoM award though to be fair.

Jonsson for me is another defensive midfielder and that's his most comfortable position. Throw him in defence when injuries happen but lets not kid ourselves on that he's a defender.

Then you come to Ian Black. Another defensive midfielder who gets too involved and can cause problems for the team. If Michael Stewart was to come back then there's another one that plays in there, another wage we don't need, also, still not convinced on Hamill yet, think he'd be more comfortable in that role also.

However, none of the above mentioned are anywhere near as good as Stefano Salvatori in that role, including Julien Brellier. Palazuelos is that position in the team also so just aswell he's no longer at the club.

His career has gone backwards dramatically over the last couple of years. The Celtic fans have been turning against him and his performances for Scotland have been awful. His game was based on aggression and energy rather than talent and his injuries have taken away his edge so now he's just an average player with no remarkable qualities.

He'd be our best player though, if he signed for us.

He'd be our best player though, if he signed for us.

Nah. I'd rather have Skacel, Kyle, Driver or Temps given a straight swap.

Archived