Aaron Lennon

weaz1981

Right I'm going to stick my neck out here...

Traditional pacey wingers often struggle at Tynecastle. I don't know if it's the shape of the pitch or what but they never seem to be able to build up a head of steam before they run out of grass. The wingers that do well at Tynie usually have a bit of guile to their play which is something Lennon lacks imo (maybe that's only when against premiership/international full backs but still).

Feel free to set me straight on this one though as maybe my eternal optomism is clouding me here...

Possibly, but I'd think if that was the case then it'd be more of a problem for someone like Gareth Bale. Bale is most deadly when he's given space - he is faster than Lennon over a longer distance but Lennon is a lot faster over a shorter distance. His acceleration is wicked, he only needs 10 yards unlike Bale. But we'll see.

Does he know what happens to Lennons at Tynie?

Apparently the Main Stand is going to be renamed "The Dakota Building Stand"

kingantti1874

bologna also ?

how cynical were athletico... and also - how many seats has the main stand shed... much much bigger back then....

most of all, the biggest difference between now and then was we were much much better, we couldnt hope to hold onto players of that vquality these days, they's all be in england.... shows how far scottish football has fallen

Archived