Scotland v Denmark

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Didn't Levein say he wasn't picking Darren Fletcher because of his lack of first team action at Man U? If so, I'd like to hear him explain why that doesn't rule out the likes of Danny Wilson and James Forrest. Wilson must have had as many Scotland caps as he has 1st team games for Liverpool - fecking joke!

Probably because Fletcher is recovering from a debilitating virus that will most likely keep him out the September games as well.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yabadabadoo1874again

Nice : )

Actually looking forward to this one.

Despite Scotland's dire recent records in friendlies, I actually quite fancy us to get a result.

U21's are currently 3-0 up against Norway as well...which is nice. :)

Prediction?

Scotland 2 Denmark 1. :thumbsup:

kingantti1874

Didn't Levein say he wasn't picking Darren Fletcher because of his lack of first team action at Man U? If so, I'd like to hear him explain why that doesn't rule out the likes of Danny Wilson and James Forrest. Wilson must have had as many Scotland caps as he has 1st team games for Liverpool - fecking joke!

This is potentially the best scotlan team for years and levein is doing a very good job.

Another encouraging performance from Scotland. After a less than clever start I think Levein has really turned the corner, has given the opportunity to a number of young and up and coming players as well as using more senior players who have improved over the last season or so. We are also playing some decent stuff through the midfield and the squad seem to have a good team spirit and unity. Its still a big IF but take 6pts from the games in September which appears more possible than after the early qualifiers and we would have nothing to lose in a play off situation.

By the way the criticism of Caldwell is way over the top. Yes he has made mistakes but he is a very decent footballer (good enough to command a ?1 million + a year salary!) and dare I say it but miles better than Zaliukas.

Just back from Hampden, trying to dry out in the house. Mixed bag tonight. Some excellent football, but very negative 2nd half when I thought we had more goals in us.

Individually, Mcgregor had a shocker, crainey isn't good enough and never will be but most of the rest put in a decent performance. bardsley and Caldwell were our best players.

Disappointed Goodwillie never got a run, especially after Levein said he would. Potentially a very decent team there though.

RoussetsShorts

Just noticed that Czech Republic got horsed 3-0 by Norway earlier. Now, who's idea was it to play no forwarda against such a shit team again (one that also lost at home to Lithuania)? Still think that decision might yet cost us runner up spot.

wouldn't matter anyway, we'd get pumped in the seeded playoff match.

Chad Sexington

You really are just an awful, awful poster. :vrface:

I also think you support Hibs. :)

Fozzyonthefence

Probably because Fletcher is recovering from a debilitating virus that will most likely keep him out the September games as well.

It was reported that Fletcher was fit and actually wanted to play but Levein left him out.

Fozzyonthefence

This is potentially the best scotlan team for years and levein is doing a very good job.

After making a complete howler against the Czech Republic which cost us any chance we had of getting a victory that would have knocked out a poor Czech team.

I agree the team appears to be improving though but we still have far too many average players and some that are just not good enough (like Brown, Crainey) but one or two players starting to come through and don't look out of place at international level. Overall, still have to say we are pretty mediocre but I think we had got to a level where we could only improve.

J Cheever Loophole

Are you a cheese grater, just burstin' to get out?down.gif

Chad Sexington

It was reported that Fletcher was fit and actually wanted to play but Levein left him out.

Where was this reported?

Libertonian_II

Caldwell - Man of the Matchblink.gif he was ok but surely Snodgrass was best Scotland player.

The only thing he did was score.

I don't think he beat the full back all night

Only on the basis that Gordon is currently injured - you're surely not suggesting McGregor is a better keeper? I think they actually have similar weaknesses - neither command their 6 yard box but McGregor tends to make more errors of judgement too, like coming for the wrong cross balls. Good save from McGregor there though - that's what he's good at - shot stopping but there's much more to being the complete package and he hasn't got it imo.

The only attribute MacGregor has over Gordon is that he is far better with the ball at his feet - which is really inportant in modern day football.

Both are excellent shot stoppers and also on one and ones. Although MacGregor is more the rushing out quickly type to close down the man, whereas Gordon is in the stand up tall to the last moment.

In every other key attribute Gordon is better. Judgement at cross balls, patience, discipline and ability to learn from mistakes. Sten Guns mentioned Gordon's error at Parkhead - in 2006. Name me a clanger Gordon makes regularly and in a short space of time.

MacGregor has 3 key faults to his game. Losing the flight of cross balls and trying to make saves better than they need be. The 3rd key fault is he isn't improving on either. Which is where the patience and discipline issues come in.

There is also another attribute towards being a modern day footballer that MacGregor falls way short. Being thick. Unless you are supremely talented like say Rooney where most things come naturally, you do need a basic intelligence. Seriously in not much more than a generation guys like Goram, Nicholas and McAvennie would struggle to match their achievements in their own era. Even where standards are considered to be dwindling.

Finally, Craig Gordon has gone 36 games for Scotland without making a mistake. If you anlayse MacGregor he hasn't gone a couple yet.

michaelhmfc1

?18 - ?22 for a ticket for a pointless friendly, when we're not playing well and against a boring opposition.

:what:

my adult ticket was ?12, got a special offer, if i got tickets for this game i would definitely get a ticket and money off for czech republic and Lithuania

• 1 month later...

Archived