Scotland v Denmark

Chad Sexington

Fozzyonthefence

And McGregor makes another mistake whilst in goals for Scotland. Jeez, he's a good keeper, and doesn't make many mistakes for Rangers, fair enough. However, this isn't his first error for Scotland so why do the commentators need to make the stupid excuses for him non-stop? Could they not just say truth?

To be fair - he does make his fair share of gafs for Rangers too.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:pleasingao:

He won't be moved unless he starts making repeated errors.

He fully deserves his number 1 jersey.

Keepers make mistakes at times.

Like Gordon OG at Parkhead.

provan "thats mcgregor back to his best"

naw davie hes stopped it but pushed it back in the centre of goal and got lucky no danish player was following it in

Fozzyonthefence

He won't be moved unless he starts making repeated errors.

He fully deserves his number 1 jersey.

Keepers make mistakes at times.

Like Gordon OG at Parkhead.

Only on the basis that Gordon is currently injured - you're surely not suggesting McGregor is a better keeper? I think they actually have similar weaknesses - neither command their 6 yard box but McGregor tends to make more errors of judgement too, like coming for the wrong cross balls. Good save from McGregor there though - that's what he's good at - shot stopping but there's much more to being the complete package and he hasn't got it imo.

Great ball in and lovely diving header by Snodgrass.

You don't see many diving headers these days.

Only on the basis that Gordon is currently injured - you're surely not suggesting McGregor is a better keeper? I think they actually have similar weaknesses - neither command their 6 yard box but McGregor tends to make more errors of judgement too, like coming for the wrong cross balls. Good save from McGregor there though - that's what he's good at - shot stopping but there's much more to being the complete package and he hasn't got it imo.

Im not, Gordon's the better keeper.

chester copperpot

Great ball in and lovely diving header by Snodgrass.

You don't see many diving headers these days.

A dying football traite me old china.

Good result 1st half!

Scott Brown whacked!

Naismith whacked!

MacGregor playing like a big lassie!

And oh, we're winning 2-1!!!

I have ?10 on a Scotland (2-1), Slovakia (2-0) and Italy (1-1) treble at 29/1.

Not bad so far but unsure if italy will get a second v spain.

Ha ha - what was that someone was saying about McGregor on cross balls? Hopeless!

He was fouled, no Dane moaned about it either!

Gotta love the KB bias tho. :lol:

He is crap at coming off his line. As is Gordon.

Gordon's the better keeper too.

However nobody can deny McGregor isn't a pretty damn good keeper these days and deserves to be number 1. When Gordon's fit, McGregor won't be dropped by Levein unless he starts making a right James of it on a regular basis. Mark my words.

Fozzyonthefence

Wouldn't catch Craig Gordon flapping like that.

Sarcasm? I know he has the odd flappy moment too (like v Stoke City) but has far less of these moments imo. And McGregor would literally shit himself against Stoke.

Not that friendlies mean much but Norway have given the Czechs a 3-0 gubbing tonight.

We really need to have a good go at them in a couple of weeks, they are absolutely nothing to fear.

Sexton Hardcastle

Not sure if its been posted by i noticed old pal R. Beniusis scored for the lifs tonight.

Rolling back the years

Sarcasm? I know he has the odd flappy moment too (like v Stoke City) but has far less of these moments imo. And McGregor would literally shit himself against Stoke.

Not at all.

I've always maintained that McGregor is criminally over-rated and that CG is a far better 'keeper.

Is that the 'voice of hearts' himself Mr Wilson in control at Hampden tonight?

Good to see someone from the JTs called up for International duty.

Big_Hearts_Runner

Anyone else listening to BBC Radio Scotland and hear Chick Young say: "Two subs coming up for Ra...erm Scotland". Sounded suspiciously like he was going to say "Rangers" before he cut himself off... :whistling:

Fozzyonthefence

Just noticed that Czech Republic got horsed 3-0 by Norway earlier. Now, who's idea was it to play no forwarda against such a shit team again (one that also lost at home to Lithuania)? Still think that decision might yet cost us runner up spot.

Fozzyonthefence

The lad Forestt coming on. Luckily he plays for Celtic so he MUST be good.

:vrface:

Didn't Levein say he wasn't picking Darren Fletcher because of his lack of first team action at Man U? If so, I'd like to hear him explain why that doesn't rule out the likes of Danny Wilson and James Forrest. Wilson must have had as many Scotland caps as he has 1st team games for Liverpool - fecking joke!

The Comedian

Just noticed that Czech Republic got horsed 3-0 by Norway earlier. Now, who's idea was it to play no forwarda against such a shit team again (one that also lost at home to Lithuania)? Still think that decision might yet cost us runner up spot.

It will.

I also have some respect for Steven Fletcher who had the gumption to tell Levein to poke it afterwards if he has no interest in playing forwards.

BobbyJenkins

Makings of a good team here I reckon, quite a flowing style for most of the time. One thing that lets us down is full backs when theyre under pressure. Why do they insist 9 times out of 10 to turn into the shy line and punt it up the park. Im watching Germany v Brazil, they just turn and pass to the keeper and keep posession.

Tonight could be due to McGregor being a bit shaky and the ball holding up but it happens all the time in the SPL and Scotland games. I suppose Germany and Brazil have better players lol

Still the same

edit - FT

It'll have finished that then.

Waiting on Scotland and Italy wins (both games in injury time)

Bricking it!

Fozzyonthefence

Bricking it!

Waiting on France but Chile have just equalised, ffs!!

Bricking it!

Sorted!!

?290 and London paid for!

:yas:

Chad Sexington

Prediction?

Scotland 2 Denmark 1. :thumbsup:

Top tipping.

:smugger:

2-0 Denmark.

That's Diamond Joe's shoe in of the week.

:goodone:

J Cheever Loophole

Is that the 'voice of hearts' himself Mr Wilson in control at Hampden tonight?

Good to see someone from the JTs called up for International duty.

I thought I was hearing things anaw.laugh.gif

Caldwell - Man of the Matchblink.gif he was ok but surely Snodgrass was best Scotland player.

i felt bardsley or cowie should have got MOTM, caldwell probably got it as he didn't make nearly as many mistakes as usual

Caldwell played really well i thought. Bardsley was top man though, Has impressed each time i've seen him in a Scotland jersey.

Archived