Could game be called off?

hacker

Could the Spurs game be called off due to the riots in London? Or could it be even moved to another ground? There is talk of Spurs game versus Everton being cancelled on Saturday, our game could be in danger also.

Drylaw Hearts

I don't think they'll call it off but I think this will have a serious impact on how many tickets we'll get.

These events will not help our case when requesting 3000+ tickets.

WayneMarooney

I don't think they'll call it off but I think this will have a serious impact on how many tickets we'll get.

These events will not help our case when requesting 3000+ tickets.

Once this settles down the Met will have to count the cost of the policing, which will be hefty that's for sure. That may or may not affect their decision on what happens with our tie down there, but tbh it's highly unlikely the game will be postponed or moved. Agree with you that the allocation may be reassessed though, presenting all concerned with a real headache.

I know there's three weeks to go til the tie but these riots are spreading throughout the city, which is a new situation for the authorities. Could take another week for things to die down, but I don't think anyone can say for sure as it's all v different to what's happened in the city in the past.

Drylaw Hearts

Once this settles down the Met will have to count the cost of the policing, which will be hefty that's for sure. That may or may not affect their decision on what happens with our tie down there, but tbh it's highly unlikely the game will be postponed or moved. Agree with you that the allocation may be reassessed though, presenting all concerned with a real headache.

I know there's three weeks to go til the tie but these riots are spreading throughout the city, which is a new situation for the authorities. Could take another week for things to die down, but I don't think anyone can say for sure as it's all v different to what's happened in the city in the past.

The last thing they'll want is 3000+ pished Scotsman staggering around downtown Tottenham asking randoms if they know where they can buy a cheap tv.

I know the game is a bit away but they won't take any chances.

WayneMarooney

BBC website in the last couple of mins:

'Essex and Suffolk Police have confirmed that they have sent officers to London to assist Metropolitan Police colleagues.'

So our match could well be policed from outside while the Met get on with nicking the disaffected yoof as they try to make off with armfuls of iPads.

Spurs should be made to forfeit the game. It's the only way.

Agreed. The first money-spinning, lucrative game at Tynecastle should be played but the one at WHL should be abandoned and given a 3-0 away win. :whistling:

Don't think it'll be abandoned though.

WayneMarooney

The last thing they'll want is 3000+ pished Scotsman staggering around downtown Tottenham asking randoms if they know where they can buy a cheap tv.

Absolutely right. It's all a bit grim :(

Anyway, on a lighter note, it's also kicking off in Birmingham now too. Does this mean the revolution has begun? It's definitely being televised...

Was gonna go shopping down Oxford Street on my trip but I have a feeling I'll get some good bargains nearer the ground

Spurs should be made to forfeit the game. It's the only way.

I am up in Dubai next week from Australia and was thinking of taking in the 2nd leg. Watching the Teev right now, wild horses would not get me a 100 miles from London! Whatever you have happening is real serious shit. Anything spreading to Scotland?

Gregory House M.D.

Absolutely right. It's all a bit grim :(

Anyway, on a lighter note, it's also kicking off in Birmingham now too. Does this mean the revolution has begun? It's definitely being televised...

vendetta_07.jpg

WayneMarooney

I am up in Dubai next week from Australia and was thinking of taking in the 2nd leg. Watching the Teev right now, wild horses would not get me a 100 miles from London! Whatever you have happening is real serious shit. Anything spreading to Scotland?

Possibly some cheap electrical goods in the next couple of days...

What odds the ned population of the Weeg try to start something similar? They'd only end up setting their own shellsuits on fire :)

They are calling it Clockwork Orange come alive here in Australia with a sub culture that says nothing but "innit"! I don't think Hearts should go there regardless of consequences. Someone will die.

West Ham v Aldershot in the League Cup has been called OFF tomorrow night on Police advice.

williamgerrard

riots in birmingham aswell i think we are heading straight into a war zone when we play them down there in london

williamgerrard

maybe we should riot in edinburgh mind you we should leave that to the wee team

riots in birmingham aswell i think we are heading straight into a war zone when we play them down there in london

Rubbish. It's over 2 weeks away.

Ribery's Face

christ sake is this a serious post? it wont help our claim for tickets but its not war of the worlds, theyre not gonna wreck the city and get taken over by aliens.

Italian Lambretta

With everything that's happened and the damage that's been done in Tottenham Road Spurs might be less inclined to attack Hearts fans at the game. Then again maybe not

Good outcome: Spurs can't play. We get a bye to the play-offs.

Bad outcome: we get a rubbish allocation cos the Bill will want to minimise hassle.

Anyway there will be some outcome; this isn't just something that will pass in a day or two, IMHO

WayneMarooney

christ sake is this a serious post? it wont help our claim for tickets but its not war of the worlds, theyre not gonna wreck the city and get taken over by aliens.

You've opted for the least likely scenario there, I'll give you that.

WayneMarooney

maybe we should riot in edinburgh mind you we should leave that to the wee team

My sources at the BBC tell me it has indeed spread to Edinburgh...man in green and white top seen hot-footing it out of Borlands in Leith Walk with a Winmau competition dart board in one arm and a Hitachi 21" black and white tv in the other...

Gregory House M.D.

v+crowd.jpg

Who? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask

Drylaw Hearts

My sources at the BBC tell me it has indeed spread to Edinburgh...man in green and white top seen hot-footing it out of Borlands in Leith Walk with a Winmau competition dart board in one arm and a Hitachi 21" black and white tv in the other...

How the hell that shop has survived I will never know.

It is a minor miracle,

Thunderstruck

If I understood one of the interviewees on Newsnight, there was a match underway at WHL when the riots were getting going and a lot of Police were tied up with that when they could have been getting on with dealing with looters.

Sporting events may not be the Met's top priority in next week or two.

scottishguy

Should maybe grow up a bit then, nobody needs to get drunk then goto watch football.

Coz I'd never do that :whistling::thumbsup:

They are calling it Clockwork Orange come alive here in Australia with a sub culture that says nothing but "innit"! I don't think Hearts should go there regardless of consequences. Someone will die.

would rather die following hearts than live alongside those ####### ###### in Australia

I was only asking the question because these things can escalate rapidly. I certainly hope this does not happen but it's certainly something to keep an eye on. As for the person who asked if this was a serious post, i think they need to switch their tv on & watch the news.

WayneMarooney

How the hell that shop has survived I will never know.

It is a minor miracle,

I know. Not even the tram mess could kill off Borlands. I bought a set of darts flights there about eight years ago so that would have helped them stay afloat. Suppose their survival is down to a fairly simple equation:

Darts + Television = Unemployment = H*bs scum :thumbsup:

WayneMarooney

I was only asking the question because these things can escalate rapidly. I certainly hope this does not happen but it's certainly something to keep an eye on. As for the person who asked if this was a serious post, i think they need to switch their tv on & watch the news.

Spot on.

A couple of games been postponed at police request,West Ham and Charlton both at home in the Carling Cup. Not that it will effect the game being 2 weeks away

Ribery's Face

spurs v everton is on so why would they cancel a game after that? this will all be under control by the weekend, unless those man eating aliens multiply:ninja:

Timing is everything, thankfully the 2 weeks gives it time to get sorted. The last thing the police will want will be large groups giving cover to others though. Crazy stuff.

This will have died down before then.

If it hasn't, there will be measures in place to make sure things go smoothly.

Archived