Step aside Temps

TheBigO

Temps has been average to poor for this calendar year.

Novikovas has shown the odd glimpse but nowhere near enough to suggest he is a better player than Templeton.

At the moment though, Novikovas deserves a run to see whether he can change that odd glimpse into consistent form because at the moment Temps is getting too much of the ball and giving it away on almost every occassion.

He needs a break I'm afraid as it's just not happening for him just now.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't read much beyond the first post, but, two things need pointed out (IMO)

• The OP has been asking for Templeton to be dropped since the tail end of 2010.
  • The OP has made his opinion today based on listening to yesterdays game on the radio.

That shows me that the OP has a bee in his bonnet for some reason, I'd suggest non football reasons. Funny, opinions made on Black from those not at the game were thrown out completely, I assume that will have happened on the previous few pages?

Ryan Gosling

Temps looked up for the game today when he was playing centrally, but he got a bad kick on the ankle and it hampered his play.

Charlie-Brown

Here's a novel idea - why not play Templeton, Novikovas AND Driver all supporting the main striker ie Sutton or Stevenson.

Temps, like the majority of the side are suffering from lack of confidence.

Partly down to results, partly down to a manager being sacked and partly being asked to play in different roles every second week (not just temps)

To be a successful side we need consistency, we have the opposite at the moment.

We lose on Sat panic stations will happen. Tubes in the support will boo and more players will hide. A win is a must.

I haven't read much beyond the first post, but, two things need pointed out (IMO)

• The OP has been asking for Templeton to be dropped since the tail end of 2010.
  • The OP has made his opinion today based on listening to yesterdays game on the radio.

That shows me that the OP has a bee in his bonnet for some reason, I'd suggest non football reasons. Funny, opinions made on Black from those not at the game were thrown out completely, I assume that will have happened on the previous few pages?

BS, BH.

I've not been calling for Temps to be dropped since the tail end of 2010. I stated in a "team for Saturday" thread early January that I felt Temps needed a rest and that Arvy had done well coming on against Hibs and Motherwell (I think) that he was maybe worth a start. JJ obviously agreed as he got a start in Temps' stead. Infact, just remembered, I think it was the Scottish Cup game v St J, maybe.

I have no bee in my bonnet over Temps. I don't even have a bonnet. Or a bee, come to think of it. What you thinking - he shat in my mum's handbag or something? Actually my mum's met him and said he's a lovely wee guy, so you couldn't be more wrong. Mind you she met Blackie and thought he was the bees knees!

Alls I'm saying is there are parts of his game need developing (like every young player in the world) and I feel he'd maybe be better placed to develop them with less weight on his shoulders so maybe a wee spell on the bench would do. And from a non-Temps-tinted-specs perspective, he isn't bringing enough to the team and hasn't been doing so for quite some time, so we need someone in there who will help the team more.

If it was any other player, I'd be saying the same.

Thunderstruck

I haven't read much beyond the first post...

Are you sure you are posting on the right thread? If so, you have missed out on your own contributions!

Only listened to the game on the radio today but it seemed to follow a similar pattern to most of our games since December.

And it's Templeton on the ball... and now Motherwell break.

Templeton has it, he cuts inside... and Motherwell break clear.

It goes to Templeton, he has passes available. He cuts inside and... Motherwell counter.

This isn't a go at Temps, but he simply isn't producing and the big problem with that is that if he isn't scoring he doesn't do much else, really. He doesn't retain possession - ever! - so it's a goal or nothing basically. He wins us some fouls, but that about all that can be said for him of late. He looks dangerous.

Wee Arvy has looked sharp everytime he's had a run. I personally hold out more hope for him long term than I do Temps and think he must merit a run in the team soon. A wee spell on the sidelines could do Temps the world of good and maybe give him a bit of slack to look at his game and maybe hone the massive amounts of ability he has to be more team-orientated and exact.

Will I be thrown of the board for speaking ill of Temps? Didn't check the rules, maybe someone will report me to the mods?

You must be on crack if you are seriously calling for Novikovas to get a game, the boy is rank. Templeton isn't playing great but is still way more of a threat than that huddy.

Charlie-Brown

You must be on crack if you are seriously calling for Novikovas to get a game, the boy is rank. Templeton isn't playing great but is still way more of a threat than that huddy.

This is a joke right? :rolleyes:

And you came to that conclusion how, cowboy?

This is a joke right? :rolleyes:

Nope, 1 run against Hibs, that is what he has contributed to us. I don't see the ?20 million player we were promised :mellow:

Nope, 1 run against Hibs, that is what he has contributed to us. I don't see the ?20 million player we were promised :mellow:

Which one you talking about now? Oooooooh, did I just say that??!?!?

Which one you talking about now? Oooooooh, did I just say that??!?!?

Ooooooh i believe you did say that, and you can't see too many games if you believe novikovas is the answer. What's your next suggestion, Mcdonald in for Kello?

maroonshrew

I did genuinely have to re read the thread to see if you were talking about Novi or Temps ha. for the record i think they are both good players with bags of potential. How can you say Novi is rank. Lightweight. Yes. a bit heartless. perhaps. but he is clearly a very intelligent footballer a good couple of years younger than Temps too. How yuo can describe him as a huddy is beyond me.

Teams know what to expect from Templeton now. He's our most dangerous player.

Opposition double up on him. Even Paks had it sussed that if you put 2 players on him and foul him at every given chance, it stops him.

The sooner we have Driver 100% or even Suso back in the team, we'll have danger down both wings, thus giving teams another thing to think about.

The problem we have is that Temps is our only viable attacking option just now - he is the only one showing for the ball or making decent runs to give the defenders/midfielders an option. he is the only one capable of beating a man and leaving him behind.

We do not have the players in midfield to be picking out killer defense splitting passes - Temps is the easy option for him but with a lack of support from midfeild and little to aim at up front, he is struggling.

Looks like his confidence has taken a bash.

As for Novikovas - he looks like Temps did 18 months to two years ago - too small, not quite fast enough, brished off the ball too easily and always taking the wrong option. if this guys is to be the answer he needs to seriously up his game.

I did genuinely have to re read the thread to see if you were talking about Novi or Temps ha. for the record i think they are both good players with bags of potential. How can you say Novi is rank. Lightweight. Yes. a bit heartless. perhaps. but he is clearly a very intelligent footballer a good couple of years younger than Temps too. How yuo can describe him as a huddy is beyond me.

I don't see the intelligent player part at all, he very rarely does anything that doesn't lead to him trying to beat people but really just running the ball out of play. I'll ask again what has he contributed to us, 1 run against hibs and a toe poke v St Johnstone, who by the way thought he was too shit to start for them last season

the team is needing suso more than temps or arvy or driver at the moment temps gets much more space when suso plays cause the opposition cant double up cause suso will do the damage its not rocket science to work out since we lost suso and kk we havent been able to create that much both are influencial players we will improve massivley when both are back

maroonshrew

I don't see the intelligent player part at all, he very rarely does anything that doesn't lead to him trying to beat people but really just running the ball out of play. I'll ask again what has he contributed to us, 1 run against hibs and a toe poke v St Johnstone, who by the way thought he was too shit to start for them last season

I just think he is on a higher wavelength than a lot of players when it comes ot reading a game and awareness. No individual incidents. Although from your cherry picking you missed a sublime goal against Aberdeen. He is also a full international at 19/20

Novikovas has to prove he has it in him to play consistently well in the first team but he has shown in cameo's that he has ability. There is no way that anyone has seen enough of him to call him rank.

Thunderstruck

Which of their thugs did that? If he has been getting that sort of treatment in games, you have to wonder about referees.

I do agree that Temps needs a rest, suso would be something different if fit and staying and that it may be time to give Novo a game as he seems to be the best crosser amongst our wingers (probably not hard!) and we need to see if he is progressing.

As regards St J who knows how much of a factor their cup run, his being cup tied and his lack of enthusiasm for being loaned had to do with his game time. I would disregard it personally as I suspect the new coach will.

BS, BH.

I've not been calling for Temps to be dropped since the tail end of 2010. I stated in a "team for Saturday" thread early January that I felt Temps needed a rest and that Arvy had done well coming on against Hibs and Motherwell (I think) that he was maybe worth a start. JJ obviously agreed as he got a start in Temps' stead. Infact, just remembered, I think it was the Scottish Cup game v St J, maybe.

I have no bee in my bonnet over Temps. I don't even have a bonnet. Or a bee, come to think of it. What you thinking - he shat in my mum's handbag or something? Actually my mum's met him and said he's a lovely wee guy, so you couldn't be more wrong. Mind you she met Blackie and thought he was the bees knees!

Alls I'm saying is there are parts of his game need developing (like every young player in the world) and I feel he'd maybe be better placed to develop them with less weight on his shoulders so maybe a wee spell on the bench would do. And from a non-Temps-tinted-specs perspective, he isn't bringing enough to the team and hasn't been doing so for quite some time, so we need someone in there who will help the team more.

If it was any other player, I'd be saying the same.

It was either just after or just before the St Mirren game I became aware of your opinions on Templeton. That was late December.

Still, you decided after listening to a game on the radio that enough was enough.

Are you sure you are posting on the right thread? If so, you have missed out on your own contributions!

But, this is only my second post on this thread. unsure.gif

I think you may be a little confused, dude.thumbsup.gif

It was either just after or just before the St Mirren game I became aware of your opinions on Templeton. That was late December.

Still, you decided after listening to a game on the radio that enough was enough.

Chill brosef.

I've decided after listening to a game on the radio and hearing something similar to the recurring pattern I've seen over the last few months that our excellent young winger needs a bit of time on the sidelines.

Shit, you'd think I was ripping into him.

Thanks for keeping tabs on my Temps love-hate timeline for me. Duno where I'd be without you.

Truth is Temps did run out of steam in December and by the time the NYderby came around he wasn't producing. Unfortunatley due to injury to Driver and Suso he had to play on through his bad spell when most young lads would have been given some respite. Arvy's looking ready for a run and so now we can maybe give Temps his well deserved rest.

If that's OK with you? Or would you just continue playing a player who seems to have hit a wall, at once repressing his talent and longterm usefulness to the team?

Can I just confirm that to some on here giving constructive critisism on Temps (who, did I mention atall, I really really like) is akin to elbow-dropping a kitten?

Chill brosef.

I've decided after listening to a game on the radio and hearing something similar to the recurring pattern I've seen over the last few months that our excellent young winger needs a bit of time on the sidelines.

Shit, you'd think I was ripping into him.

Thanks for keeping tabs on my Temps love-hate timeline for me. Duno where I'd be without you.

Truth is Temps did run out of steam in December and by the time the NYderby came around he wasn't producing. Unfortunatley due to injury to Driver and Suso he had to play on through his bad spell when most young lads would have been given some respite. Arvy's looking ready for a run and so now we can maybe give Temps his well deserved rest.

If that's OK with you? Or would you just continue playing a player who seems to have hit a wall, at once repressing his talent and longterm usefulness to the team?

Can I just confirm that to some on here giving constructive critisism on Temps (who, did I mention atall, I really really like) is akin to elbow-dropping a kitten?

:laugh:

You are a peculiar little pixie!

Firstly, I am perfectly chilled, simply opining that, in my humble opinion, you have suggested dropping Templeton when he was playing well and have continued to call for him to be dropped. In some ways, I'd actually like you to be given your wish to see how quickly you can judge Novikovas. I still maintain that by listening to games on the radio, you cannot tell who is looking "ready for a run" but you don't seem to buy that. Unfortunately, you won't get me agreeing on that.

Is it OK with you that I disagree? I mean, it seems to be the bastion of daft posts: "People on the internet don't let me have an opinion, they are always disagreeing." I will agree and disagree with posts on here all the time. I will not stifle my disagreement to be that bit more cuddly and warm to those of a delicate disposition. :)

Elbow dropping a kitten? This is nothing like elbow dropping a kitten, had you done that I'd have bought you a pint for helping exterminate a pest. Anyway, if you have a spare second, go back and look at my post to see where your post is slated in such a way. What you will see is me mentioning that you have form for Templeton posts and that I don't think judging a player by radio is a good idea. Touchy, touchy.

What I would like to add, and remember, we are setting Templeton as the barometer, if we are to agree to drop Templeton, who else gets dropped? Surely only Kello, Grainger and possibly Stevenson would get in on this seasons form. I take it we are going to drop everybody and go with young kids? Tough crowd. :(

Thunderstruck

But, this is only my second post on this thread. unsure.gif

I think you may be a little confused, dude.thumbsup.gif

Apologies - must have got threads mixed up. Big fingers/wee phone no doubt

Apologies - must have got threads mixed up. Big fingers/wee phone no doubt

No probs buddy, easy done. If i am being honest, I read through the thread again anyway to be sure :laugh:

:laugh:

You are a peculiar little pixie!

Firstly, I am perfectly chilled, simply opining that, in my humble opinion, you have suggested dropping Templeton when he was playing well and have continued to call for him to be dropped. In some ways, I'd actually like you to be given your wish to see how quickly you can judge Novikovas. I still maintain that by listening to games on the radio, you cannot tell who is looking "ready for a run" but you don't seem to buy that. Unfortunately, you won't get me agreeing on that.

Is it OK with you that I disagree? I mean, it seems to be the bastion of daft posts: "People on the internet don't let me have an opinion, they are always disagreeing." I will agree and disagree with posts on here all the time. I will not stifle my disagreement to be that bit more cuddly and warm to those of a delicate disposition. :)

Elbow dropping a kitten? This is nothing like elbow dropping a kitten, had you done that I'd have bought you a pint for helping exterminate a pest. Anyway, if you have a spare second, go back and look at my post to see where your post is slated in such a way. What you will see is me mentioning that you have form for Templeton posts and that I don't think judging a player by radio is a good idea. Touchy, touchy.

What I would like to add, and remember, we are setting Templeton as the barometer, if we are to agree to drop Templeton, who else gets dropped? Surely only Kello, Grainger and possibly Stevenson would get in on this seasons form. I take it we are going to drop everybody and go with young kids? Tough crowd. :(

"peculiar little pixie!" haha, I'll have that!

You're more than welcome to have an opinion, BH, whether I agree with it or not. I'll disagree with it if I do, agree with it, unlikely as it seems, if I do. What I take umbridge to is you insiuating I have some sort of problem with Temps when you have no foundation for it.

A few posts over a period of 8 months saying I think it's time he had a rest as he isn't producing as he was? For someone to feel the need to say you think I have an issue with him is ludicrous and only furthers the stereotype of Temps being untouchable on here. Surely this forum is for debate over players? Show me where I've said anything scything or even overly negative about Temps. I've pointed out he loses the ball far too often and paired with a drop off in both his goalscoring and creation, this isn't what we need in the team.

I was at plenty games last season where I witnessed this and have seen plenty on TV. If you actually read my OP, it states I only heard this game on radio but heard what I've seen of late (you know, with my eyes - the verb 'to see').

As for dropping others? Who replaces them? I've never called for a team full of kids. My team lineups on those threads never are. You seem to keep tabs on solely my Temps related posts, BH. If you checked those threads, you'd notice more weeks than not, Tempsy is in my starting lineup. All I'm saying in this thread is that maybe Arvy is ready.

Again, if you knew anything about my posting history you'd know I'm very patient with players, especially our young guys. I'm one of the few who have stuck by Clum, for example. Recently I've been saying I'm not impressed with Sutton, but I caveat every post on the sibject by saying I reckon he just needs time and if we stick by him he'll come good.

Tough crowd? It's you coming on this thread and coming up with absolutely zero football-related chat on the subject. You tell me what Temps has brought to the team since last December and your reasons for thinking Arvy couldn't step into his shoes for 3 or 4 games, Temps coming on and going at tired defenders? If you manage to string a post together with your actual opinions on the subject, I'll maybe be able to actually disagree with you properly on the subject of the thread rather than continually lay bare my inner most feelings for Temps in attempt to allay the bullshit you're saying about him having bummed my mum.

heartsfc_fan

I'll say it again.

Playing for the hearts is as far as temps will go in the game.

Did he sleep with your wife or something? :blink:

The biterness towards hearts players and the constant trolling of his own fans i doubt he has a wife, its a sad old lonely existence for Winston

He has said it on a few occasions. I'm sure it was Winston who said that he won't play at as high a level as Heats for the majority of his career (sorry if it wasn't).

Very very early doors to be coming out with that. The lad oozes talent. He just needs to harness it.

Suppose Winston could be right, but you could say that about anyone really. I don't think Jack Wilshere will play at his current level for the rest of his career... who knows what'll happen with the laddie.

Pretty sure Winston would like to be proved right, rather than, as most say in such scenarios, wrong!

heartsfc_fan

Just my opinion, but I'm sure Templeton will be down playing for someone like Wolves or Blackburn in 18 months.

Just my opinion, but I'm sure Templeton will be down playing for someone like Wolves or Blackburn in 18 months.

I really hope so. That would mean he's had a great 18 months for us.

It would be great to be able to fastforward 5 years to see who makes most of their 'potential' from Temps, Driver and Arvy.

Just thought I'd give this wee comment a bump up!

Archived