Step aside Temps

TheBigO

Only listened to the game on the radio today but it seemed to follow a similar pattern to most of our games since December.

And it's Templeton on the ball... and now Motherwell break.

Templeton has it, he cuts inside... and Motherwell break clear.

It goes to Templeton, he has passes available. He cuts inside and... Motherwell counter.

This isn't a go at Temps, but he simply isn't producing and the big problem with that is that if he isn't scoring he doesn't do much else, really. He doesn't retain possession - ever! - so it's a goal or nothing basically. He wins us some fouls, but that about all that can be said for him of late. He looks dangerous.

Wee Arvy has looked sharp everytime he's had a run. I personally hold out more hope for him long term than I do Temps and think he must merit a run in the team soon. A wee spell on the sidelines could do Temps the world of good and maybe give him a bit of slack to look at his game and maybe hone the massive amounts of ability he has to be more team-orientated and exact.

Will I be thrown of the board for speaking ill of Temps? Didn't check the rules, maybe someone will report me to the mods?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yer right, but while Arvy deserves a chance i think he`s a bit chicken hearted. All the same he deserves a shot.

Temps disappoints me. I think he has the lot in his locker but somethings gone a bit.

Mentality? Last season he made the right choice on the pitch. He DID provide telling balls into the box, he DID score great goals, he could go with both feet and he left players for dead at times.

But as players try to work him out he has to realise this and start doing things to his benefit. He has to stop this 50/50 sheight where he tries to knock it on the angle between two players and ends up losing possession. Sometimes a simple pass and getting himself up the park or looking for the ball again in more space, will do.

He doesn`t always have to beat someone. Mix up his game, become less predictable.

Arvy looked very sharp today when he came on.

I'm not making excuses for Temps (as he chose the wrong option quite a lot again today) but he took a dull one to his ankle after about 15 minutes.

kingantti1874

Temps needs to learn to PASS the ###### ball... He just runs at everybody all of the time... They all know whats coming

Gregory House M.D.

Right now, Arvydas looks the better player by a considerable distance.

Drylaw Hearts

Thats just utter bollocks.

Should probably be remembered he's 2 years younger in age than Temps too. Temps is closer in age to Driver and Eggy than he is to Arvy. He needs to start developing aspects of his game quickish - as I say, a wee spell out of the limelight might help in that regard

Arvy looked very sharp today when he came on.

I'm not making excuses for Temps (as he chose the wrong option quite a lot again today) but he took a dull one to his ankle after about 15 minutes.

Agree with you there,mate.Sometimes he does the wrong thing but he did take a dull one early on and credit to him for trying to make something happen.Arvy never done himself any harm today either.It's just not clicking between midfield and up front.

Italian Lambretta

Andy Driver is by far the best of the 3 of them. The more he plays the more we will win.

What I find to understand is how come suddenly appears on the pitch when Paulo arrives but looked to be nowhere when JJ was in charge.

What's changed?

Andy Driver is by far the best of the 3 of them. The more he plays the more we will win.

What I find to understand is how come suddenly appears on the pitch when Paulo arrives but looked to be nowhere when JJ was in charge.

What's changed?

Not today he wasn't,mate.....by a long way!

Didn't look fit to me and was hooked later than i thought he should have.

Italian Lambretta

I agree he is not fit enough yet and not fully up to speed, but he did do more in 60 minutes than Templeton done in the whole game.

Not today he wasn't,mate.....by a long way!

Didn't look fit to me and was hooked later than i thought he should have.

i remember an interview with JJ when Temps first broke into the team,he said that with young players you need to keep drilling into t6hem to keep at it,keep trying what doesn't come off first time,to rn at defenders and if it does not come off first time,keep trying. this was fine when he kept scoring goals but now teams double up on him he does not even consider passing the ball

Temps is a monster of our own making

Yer right, but while Arvy deserves a chance i think he`s a bit chicken hearted. All the same he deserves a shot.

Temps disappoints me. I think he has the lot in his locker but somethings gone a bit.

Mentality? Last season he made the right choice on the pitch. He DID provide telling balls into the box, he DID score great goals, he could go with both feet and he left players for dead at times.

But as players try to work him out he has to realise this and start doing things to his benefit. He has to stop this 50/50 sheight where he tries to knock it on the angle between two players and ends up losing possession. Sometimes a simple pass and getting himself up the park or looking for the ball again in more space, will do.

He doesn`t always have to beat someone. Mix up his game, become less predictable.

He fed off Kevin Kyle, he's lost without him. Noticed he's not been the same player since Kyle got injured.

Gregory House M.D.

Thats just utter bollocks.

No, no it's not.

Novikovas can be a little half-hearted at times, but he has bags of skill and a fair bit of pace. His distance shooting is quite good as well. He is probably the best fit winger in terms of delivery, which Driver and Temps seem to need to work on.

Novikovas plays with his head up and knows when to cross or pass. Admittedly he sometimes runs into trouble when he could've played a pass but Temps is far worse for that.

The novelty of Templetons direct style of play has wore off and opponents are just doubling up on him. He needs to bulk up, and bulk up fast if he wants to improve his ability. He should work on his passing and crossing as well and his awareness of others MUST improve.

At this precise moment, I'd much rather have Novikovas starting than Templeton.

I agree he is not fit enough yet and not fully up to speed, but he did do more in 60 minutes than Templeton done in the whole game.

Not sure i agree with that,mate but to be diplomatic i'll say that when you think what these two guys can be capable of,it's frustrating....for them and us.

Hopefully both will come roaring back after what was really a bad day at the office.

Drylaw Hearts

No, no it's not.

Novikovas can be a little half-hearted at times, but he has bags of skill and a fair bit of pace. His distance shooting is quite good as well. He is probably the best fit winger in terms of delivery, which Driver and Temps seem to need to work on.

Novikovas plays with his head up and knows when to cross or pass. Admittedly he sometimes runs into trouble when he could've played a pass but Temps is far worse for that.

The novelty of Templetons direct style of play has wore off and opponents are just doubling up on him. He needs to bulk up, and bulk up fast if he wants to improve his ability. He should work on his passing and crossing as well and his awareness of others MUST improve.

Novikovas couldn't even get a regular game for St J and after a couple of sub appearances you think he is considerably better than Temps ?

:goodone:

SanliHearts

Temps makes defenders sh1te themselves! He's not playing great but still puts defenders on the back foot. I think if he learns to pass more which i'm sure he will under Paulo he will become a much better player

Gregory House M.D.

Novikovas couldn't even get a regular game for St J and after a couple of sub appearances you think he is considerably better than Temps ?

:goodone:

At this precise moment? Yes.

Hope this clarified what was already Crystal clear. :thumbsup:

Drylaw Hearts

At this precise moment? Yes.

Hope this clarified what was already Crystal clear. :thumbsup:

It is as clear as the shite your spraffing.

Jambof3tornado

No, no it's not.

Me too. Give Ardy a run of games like Temps has had and see where we end up.

Probably should have been subbed at HT today, got a knock early doors and according to the radio commentator never really got going after that.

Seems to have lost a little bit of confidence (towards the tail-end of last season initially) and has continued that thus far.

No chance he will be dropped yet.

Gregory House M.D.

It is as clear as the shite your spraffing.

Drylaw Hearts in "dismissing any opinion contradicting his own, as shite" shocker. :o

Drylaw Hearts

Drylaw Hearts in "dismissing any opinion contradicting his own, as shite" shocker. :o

Finally you've got something right.

Well done.

I think there is a real lack of delivery into the box from all of our wingers. They all seem to prefer to cut inside rather than get to the bye line and put a cross in. Grainger is the only player that has looked to put any crosses in this season.

This could however be due to the lack of targets to aim at in the box.

Drylaw Hearts

I think there is a real lack of delivery into the box from all of our wingers. They all seem to prefer to cut inside rather than get to the bye line and put a cross in. Grainger is the only player that has looked to put any crosses in this season.

This could however be due to the lack of targets to aim at in the box.

Temps isn't really a winger though.

Chris Benoit

HGW and DH if I can interject?

Right now if I had to choose one of the two to start next week it'd be Arvy, he looked good when he came on today and Temps has been off form so far this season.

Is he better than Temps? At the moment no but I think he does have the potential to be better it's whether he can live up to that potential.

gowestjambo

No, no it's not.

Funny how Jimmy Johnston was never told to bulk up, or that Argentinian guy Messi, its got nowt to do with bulking up - ask Andy (bulked up) Driver...............

Temps isn't really a winger though.

When he gets the ball in wide areas he should be looking to go on the outside sometimes and get balls into the box. Cutting inside all the time is far too predictable.

Dr. Bapswent

Clearly no-one on here is thinking about what the manager might have asked him to do...run at players, cut inside and have a pop etc etc.

Blame Temps all you want, but it hard to say how much is the young fella's own fault and how much is whats being asked of him.

Drylaw Hearts

HGW and DH if I can interject?

Right now if I had to choose one of the two to start next week it'd be Arvy, he looked good when he came on today and Temps has been off form so far this season.

Is he better than Temps? At the moment no but I think he does have the potential to be better it's whether he can live up to that potential.

Now....

That is a different argument and not what HGW was saying CB.

I can understand the calls for AN to be given a start....although I thought Temps played well v Rangers and Paksi.

And I still think he's our biggest threat going forward.

Temps for me seems far more comfortable on the left hand side, which gives us the problem of either Temps and Driver in the side. Novikovas could play right, however I'm not convinced by him. Ok in patches, but flatters to deceive for me.

Also the CM doesn't help as there just isn't the quality to get our wide men in the game in dangerous areas. Sergio has to take a punt on Skacel over the next few weeks.

Only listened to the game on the radio today but it seemed to follow a similar pattern to most of our games since December.

And it's Templeton on the ball... and now Motherwell break.

Templeton has it, he cuts inside... and Motherwell break clear.

It goes to Templeton, he has passes available. He cuts inside and... Motherwell counter.

This isn't a go at Temps, but he simply isn't producing and the big problem with that is that if he isn't scoring he doesn't do much else, really. He doesn't retain possession - ever! - so it's a goal or nothing basically. He wins us some fouls, but that about all that can be said for him of late. He looks dangerous.

Wee Arvy has looked sharp everytime he's had a run. I personally hold out more hope for him long term than I do Temps and think he must merit a run in the team soon. A wee spell on the sidelines could do Temps the world of good and maybe give him a bit of slack to look at his game and maybe hone the massive amounts of ability he has to be more team-orientated and exact.

Will I be thrown of the board for speaking ill of Temps? Didn't check the rules, maybe someone will report me to the mods?

na just think about it the question :whistling: can you name the last Hearts player to pick the ball up at fester road and beat 6 defenders on the half way line then smash it past there goal keeper. :whistling:

Clearly no-one on here is thinking about what the manager might have asked him to do...run at players, cut inside and have a pop etc etc.

Blame Temps all you want, but it hard to say how much is the young fella's own fault and how much is whats being asked of him.

but that is all he ever does,everytime he gets on the ball,every game. when was the last time he picked up the ball,hit the bye-line and crossed the ball?

Jambof3tornado

but that is all he ever does,everytime he gets on the ball,every game. when was the last time he picked up the ball,hit the bye-line and crossed the ball?

I cant remember the last time any Hearts player got to the bye line and crossed the ball into the box. We have some of the best wide players yet do not exploit this tactic.

I cant remember the last time any Hearts player got to the bye line and crossed the ball into the box. We have some of the best wide players yet do not exploit this tactic.

on that,we agree

Allowayjambo1874

Everyone is willing Temps on and desperate for him to hit form but today, like the last few weeks he has been really poor. The guy needs to start on the bench, coming on with half an hour to go maybe a lot better for him than starting and taking on defenders at their sharpest.

Today early first half he got the ball and had 3 defenders on him, easy ball back to McGowan? Nah lets take them on, net result, Well come away with the ball. I am afraid that summed up his whole day.

I worry that if we don't give the guy a break and try to 'play him through this poor form' we could do him real damage (physically and confidence wise)

Temps cross for Bouzids late winner at home to Celtic shows he can put dangerous crosses in the box. That was 2seasons ago though!

Wingers can blow hot and cold. Temps will come good for us more often than not. Opposition defenders can afford to pay him a lot more attention now too, as we have little else to worry them!

Gregory House M.D.

I'd agree that Temps should be an impact sub. Driver can't cross as well as Arvydas so I'd play Arvy on the Left and Driver on the right.

The People's Chimp

No, no it's not.

This is just nonsense, fairly typical from HGW though. Putting aside the fact Novi was Hearts most lightweight player last season, this obsession with "the gym" and with "bulking up" actually costs players. Muscles are made up of different fibres, fast twitch and slow twitch. The more time spent in the gym doing slow strength exercises (i.e. weights) the more you build up 'slow twitch' fibres, and thus you lose speed. Look at Cavendish in the TDF who has maintained strength, but worked on that explosive speed. The obsession with the gym and upper body bulk is actually costing players acceleration and speed. Templeton's problem is not a lack of strength, but is about what he does with the ball i.e. he is simply too ball greedy. He needs to learn to pass and move into space.

Gregory House M.D.

This is just nonsense, fairly typical from HGW though. Putting aside the fact Novi was Hearts most lightweight player last season, this obsession with "the gym" and with "bulking up" actually costs players. Muscles are made up of different fibres, fast twitch and slow twitch. The more time spent in the gym doing slow strength exercises (i.e. weights) the more you build up 'slow twitch' fibres, and thus you lose speed. Look at Cavendish in the TDF who has maintained strength, but worked on that explosive speed. The obsession with the gym and upper body bulk is actually costing players acceleration and speed. Templeton's problem is not a lack of strength, but is about what he does with the ball i.e. he is simply too ball greedy. He needs to learn to pass and move into space.

Yes. Hulk, Cordoba, Suarez, Izaguirre, Rooney etc. Have all suffered dearly from upper body strength. No pace whatsoever.

Thunderstruck

It's all about a proper balance. I remember Leeds Utd at Tynecastle for a friendly a number of years ago. Every single one of them looked like they had been carved out of granite by someone using the Charles Atlas catalogue for reference. Nonetheless, they were fast, skilful and agile as well as physically strong and imposing.

As for fast and slow twitch fibres - can you find me a picture of a 100/200m sprinter that is not built like a brick sh1thouse.

Like 99% of the utter drivel on here since we got beat, I can't be hooped reading this.

However, I would like someone to confirm that the phrase "bulk up" has been used.

Thanks.

Gregory House M.D.

Like 99% of the utter drivel on here since we got beat, I can't be hooped reading this.

However, I would like someone to confirm that the phrase "bulk up" has been used.

Thanks.

:ninja::lol:

Gregory House M.D.

Strength claims another victim:

Olympics+Day+8+Athletics+0JadujcowxEl.jpg

6ft5" tall &14.79 Stone.

He could've been the Worlds fastest man if he never bulked up! Oh wait...

Archived