Did anyone really think we would be amazing overnight with Sergio

vegas-voss

Let's give the guy a little time it's obvious he wants the team to play decent football.He's not even been here a week and can't be expected to change things that quick.

Does anyone really think we will be amazing at any point during his tenure?

The problem is our squad, in my opinion. The fact that Black is now a fixture in the side shows how weak we are in certain areas. Injuries are obviously not helping right now, also.

kingantti1874

It really is piss poor though, with the cash out players get paid they should be ashamed o themselves...

Not looking forward to spurs quite as much... Shoeing guaranteed

Paulo needs at least two his signings of his own before I'll start to judge him. JJ 'Grafters' aren't exactly football players.

Mrowiec,Black,Hammil

taht was our CM three today,god help us if we are expecting incisive play and creativity from there

Jambof3tornado

Paulo Sergio will learn fast that you can only piss with the ****** you are given,you cant polish a jobby etc etc.

New talent is needed or we wont finish anywhere near the old firm. We will struggle to get into the top half in fact.

Jambof3tornado

It really is piss poor though, with the cash out players get paid they should be ashamed o themselves...

Not looking forward to spurs quite as much... Shoeing guaranteed

I dont think the result today either way would make us challenge spurs.

If the Old Squirm win their outstanding games we are 8 points behind after 3 games.

Wonder how many players Vlad thinks we still need :rolleyes:

kingantti1874

I dont think the result today either way would make us challenge spurs.

Neither do I mate but have been caught in a wave of optimism by looking back at previous euro ties... Back to reality

Had a bad feeling about todays game but hoped the players having a new manager to impress would have got us at least a point but guess the sending off ruined the game for us!

Next week is massive for us, Aberdeen looked decent today and will be hard to break down but hopefully another week with the squad and he should see who can play his way and get it right.

Gods a Jambo

Todays result could be a blessing in disguise, we may just get a couple of new players in after that.

Greedy_Jambo

Nobody thought we would be brilliant over night but ian black getting sent off is of no surprise. Him and Zaliukas need to be moved on in my opinion.

Both can look like good spl players on they're day (nothing more) but more often they show that they're a couple of ...kin idiots.

It's the players that are either shyte or consistently under performing, not the manager.

I felt by the sounds of things that he set things out well during the game. However, far too many in the side are just shit. Mediocre at best.

Hopefully we get some in this month and then again in January.

Paulo Sergio will learn fast that you can only piss with the ****** you are given,you cant polish a jobby etc etc.

New talent is needed or we wont finish anywhere near the old firm. We will struggle to get into the top half in fact.

This !

Unless vlad is prepared to spend at least 5 million he can forget any title.

vlad on the tyne

Sergio is clearly trying to make the average players we have do things that they won't be comfortable with at this level ie retaining possession, passing and using space. IMO, Sergio will not achieve what he wants to deliver and what vlad expects with the players he currently has. Finishing 3rd and a cup run is the realistic target with the current squad.

jamboinglasgow

He hardly knows the players and what they like in all things, as the clich? goes you learn a lot more in defeats then in victories and I am certain Paulo will learn a lot about what some players a capable with after today. I do think come next Saturday you will start to see a glimpse of which players he feels will work with his passing game as he has a whole week of training to see more of them. He can also concentrate more on passing drills, both static and active. The one major criticism I have with Vlads decision to sack JJ is timing, it would have been better sack him during pre-season as the players are now having to learn a completely new style of play while playing games that matter.

We do need 1 or 2 signings but I am style positive over Paulo Sergio.

ROBBIECEE1874

Let's give the guy a little time it's obvious he wants the team to play decent football.He's not even been here a week and can't be expected to change things that quick.

top post i agree :thumbsup:

can we still sign players i take it??

I like the kind of football Sergio is trying to play but this isnt going to happen overnight. I for one hope he is given the time and support to get the job done. We arn't going to do anything in this league playing Scottish football but maybe going down the continental route we could have more success. The sad thing is though he probably wont be given the time or players to try.

gowestjambo

Mrowiec,Black,Hammil

taht was our CM three today,god help us if we are expecting incisive play and creativity from there

Agree entirely, but it didn't help Temps and Driver were both woeful.

I imagine the idea was for the 3 you mentioned to win the ball and get it wide.

However, all round the team there is a distinct lack of quality.

To make matters worse, we have been outplayed by motherwell and dundee utd who have half our budget!!

Cut The Crap

To make matters worse, we have been outplayed by motherwell and dundee utd who have half our budget!!

Half our budget but a coherent strategy!

It will take at least another couple of transfer windows for Sergio to assemble the squad he wants (I'm asusming the intention is for him to actually do that.

Another season of transition awaits...

Maybe Tauol will give us a lift when he comes back. How long is he out for anyway?

gowestjambo

Half our budget but a coherent strategy!

It will take at least another couple of transfer windows for Sergio to assemble the squad he wants (I'm asusming the intention is for him to actually do that.

Another season of transition awaits...

I don't think that was what Vlad had in mind...............

It is plain to see we lack quality, if we do not strengthen soon it wont be transition - it will be bottom six..........

gowestjambo

Maybe Tauol will give us a lift when he comes back. How long is he out for anyway?

I dont know, but knowing our policy of signing invalids - who knows?

ps He aint going to help imo.

Cut The Crap

I don't think that was what Vlad had in mind...............

It is plain to see we lack quality, if we do not strengthen soon it wont be transition - it will be bottom six..........

To be honest, our form in 2011 suggests bottom six more likely than top six. We need to be careful to avoid getting mired in the battle at the very bottom early doors. We've all seen that happen before, especially when playing in Europe after a fairly successful season the year before.

Big game next week.

Winning the title was a demand from Vlad not us supporters so no, I wasn't expecting us to change overnight. As far as i'm concerned it may take until the next transfer window for Paulo to get the lads firing on all cylinders.

gowestjambo

I like the kind of football Sergio is trying to play but this isnt going to happen overnight. I for one hope he is given the time and support to get the job done. We arn't going to do anything in this league playing Scottish football but maybe going down the continental route we could have more success. The sad thing is though he probably wont be given the time or players to try.

When we had our good spell last season it revolved around a high tempo pressing game, and attacked at pace.

We probably made twice as many passes as Motherwell today, but it got us nowhere.

Passing it sideways is easy, passing it forward to players making themselves available seems beyond this bunch of players.

Rick Grimes

im not moaning, this season imo is a write off already

ill take a cup tho

well at least we're not being overly dramatic three games in - that would be terrible.

:ermm:

This is why Paolo Sergio shoudlve been brought in at end of last season not at this stage. We have denied the guy the chance of a full pre season with his new players. In effect we are now going through the pre season motion now.

merseyjambo

JJ built a squad of SPL experienced players. They have limited ability but know how to play in the SPL.

They do not however have the ability or skills to play the PS way. Its like Le Guen with the stickys. He didn't become a bad manager overnight. The players he inherited did not have the capabilities of playing the way he wanted.

I think the concern I have goes back to who exactly is picking the team. Driver clearly isn't fit yet hes played Thursday the Sunday. Its almost more games than hes played together in 18 months.

I have the feeling its going to be a long hard season.

Cut The Crap

JJ built a squad of SPL experienced players. They have limited ability but know how to play in the SPL.

They do not however have the ability or skills to play the PS way. Its like Le Guen with the stickys. He didn't become a bad manager overnight. The players he inherited did not have the capabilities of playing the way he wanted.

I think the concern I have goes back to who exactly is picking the team. Driver clearly isn't fit yet hes played Thursday the Sunday. Its almost more games than hes played together in 18 months.

I have the feeling its going to be a long hard season.

I don't think there's any doubt who is responsible for Driver starting the last two games surely?

Plain to see the lad's nowhere near ready for competitive football (Thursday's fine goal notswithstanding).

portobellojambo1

I like the kind of football Sergio is trying to play but this isn't going to happen overnight. I for one hope he is given the time and support to get the job done. We arn't going to do anything in this league playing Scottish football but maybe going down the continental route we could have more success. The sad thing is though he probably wont be given the time or players to try.

Reasonably glad some do.

Although I am not overly surprised by the result if I am honest it was the manner of defeat which disappointed me more. That was the worst we have played since we managed to get Csaba Laszlo out the front door. It was a borefest from start to finish. I'm afraid if you want success in the SPL little triangular passes to nowhere ain't going to achieve it. You play to your strengths, you don't try and change everything and try and play a style without the players to play that style.

If we continue to play as we did today the fans will start leaving in droves and we will struggle all season.

gowestjambo

Reasonably glad some do.

Although I am not overly surprised by the result if I am honest it was the manner of defeat which disappointed me more. That was the worst we have played since we managed to get Csaba Laszlo out the front door. It was a borefest from start to finish. I'm afraid if you want success in the SPL little triangular passes to nowhere ain't going to achieve it. You play to your strengths, you don't try and change everything and try and play a style without the players to play that style.

If we continue to play as we did today the fans will start leaving in droves and we will struggle all season.

Well said PJ1, passing for passing's sake ain't going to fool anyone. I thought as much against Paksi - there has to be a final product. if passing sideways counts - we would have won the game against Motherwell!

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Paulo's attempt to get Hearts playing football is severely hindered by bald, middle aged men bursting into fits of rage anytime there is more than two consecutive sideways passes. I wish these folk would just stop coming to the football, they offer nothing in the way of support and the just annoy the tits off of reasonable people.

ffs some drama queens on the thread how is this season gonna be a long hard 1 we are 3 games in now lets look at the facts a point a ibrox on the 1st day shulda won but still a good result good result against paksi got a goal away from home then lose to dundee united then a good result against paksi then a defeat at motherwell now history shows us that whenever we play in europe we get beat in the next game or dont play well

gowestjambo

Paulo's attempt to get Hearts playing football is severely hindered by bald, middle aged men bursting into fits of rage anytime there is more than two consecutive sideways passes. I wish these folk would just stop coming to the football, they offer nothing in the way of support and the just annoy the tits off of reasonable people.

Unlike your pearls of wisdom...............

I was very happy to see us play a good passing game against Dundee United. It's definately something we have lacked in the last couple of seasons. We were always good at getting the ball but we would give it straight back. One game that springs to mind is against Celtic at the end of last season, the passing accuracy reading would be very interesting.

lol spot on its just ridiculous its 2 passes sideways its not 25 people need to understand that these things take time and some people seem to be expecting us to play like barcelona when we went on that run some people still moaned a minority of people

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Unlike your pearls of wisdom...............

I know mate, being an all round football genius is a lot for one man to handle though. I need some other folk to shoulder the burden of knowledge with me.

in all seriousness i expect Motherwell to be our main challengers for 3rd this term,United will flounder as Housten loses more and more of the team that Levein built and replaces then with Rank like...well Rankin

Rangers away,United following a European game and Motherwell away following a european game was always going to be a tough opening,the only bright side is taht PS now has a week to work intensely with the players,trying to drill formations and positional awareness into them

i fully expect that he has a list of players he wishes to sign if he deems what we have not good enough

in all seriousness i expect Motherwell to be our main challengers for 3rd this term,United will flounder as Housten loses more and more of the team that Levein built and replaces then with Rank like...well Rankin

Rangers away,United following a European game and Motherwell away following a european game was always going to be a tough opening,the only bright side is taht PS now has a week to work intensely with the players,trying to drill formations and positional awareness into them

i fully expect that he has a list of players he wishes to sign if he deems what we have not good enough

I love the arrogance, OUR main challengers for 3rd? United look the more likely to last the pace at the top so far than we do.

The bottom line is that we have to start yet again rebuilding with a new manager and that is actually the last thing we needed for a sustained assault on the top of the league. We need a few seasons of stability and a manager who knows how to get the best out of players with limited ability as many of ours seem to be - hopefully PS is a man who can do that.

gowestjambo

If we don't strengthen then 3rd bottom looms - nothing else..............

I love the arrogance, OUR main challengers for 3rd? United look the more likely to last the pace at the top so far than we do.

The bottom line is that we have to start yet again rebuilding with a new manager and that is actually the last thing we needed for a sustained assault on the top of the league. We need a few seasons of stability and a manager who knows how to get the best out of players with limited ability as many of ours seem to be - hopefully PS is a man who can do that.

i hate the pessimism in this place,3 games into the season and Dundee United,who are way short of the quality and depth they had last season are streets ahead of us.

Houston is a decent coach but he is far from a manager of any quality and once the last of Leviens team moves on they will find themselves falling into mediocrity.

we have a better squad than we did last season and i daresay we will strengthen,Motherwell look like they have manager that has found a fi=ormula but with very little depth will also struggleonce injuries kick in. i think once PS gets his ideas across there is no team that can compete for us with 3rd

the problem is that for most,3rd is not enough

If we don't strengthen then 3rd bottom looms - nothing else..............

so Gowz,what are you getting for christmas?

"lucky if i get anything other than a knitted cardigan from my gran at this rate"

gowestjambo

i hate the pessimism in this place,3 games into the season and Dundee United,who are way short of the quality and depth they had last season are streets ahead of us.

Houston is a decent coach but he is far from a manager of any quality and once the last of Leviens team moves on they will find themselves falling into mediocrity.

we have a better squad than we did last season and i daresay we will strengthen,Motherwell look like they have manager that has found a fi=ormula but with very little depth will also struggleonce injuries kick in. i think once PS gets his ideas across there is no team that can compete for us with 3rd

the problem is that for most,3rd is not enough

so Gowz,what are you getting for christmas?

"lucky if i get anything other than a knitted cardigan from my gran at this rate"

Bit of a mixed bag in there eh Bozi? or should it be Dozy?

Congratulations on being able to type despite your use of drugs................

Archived