Cannabis to be reclassified?

Therapist

wheres the sarcasm smiley?!?

I'm not being sarcastic. I believe it's an incredibly dangerous drug because stoners use it so frequently.

I'm not being sarcastic. I believe it's an incredibly dangerous drug because stoners use it so frequently.

do you have proof though?

Ray Winstone

And smackheads dont use smack very frequently?

do you have proof though?

Yes. I know many regular users whose heads are completely wasted. They need to use it every day to get moving, but even then their capabilities are seriously sub-optimal.

Cannabis is link to Schizophrenia, depression and suicide. :)

Although there are many studies that suggest otherwise with no direct causal link to this.

And smackheads dont use smack very frequently?

There are many "smackheads" who lead a perfectly normal life. The problems only start when they cannot afford to buy their supply.

Ray Winstone
Yes. I know many regular users whose heads are completely wasted. They need to use it every day to get moving, but even then their capabilities are seriously sub-optimal.

Certainly ONLY CANIBIS USERS this happens to.:rolleyes:

There are many "smackheads" who lead a perfectly normal life. The problems only start when they cannot afford to buy their supply.

Just as there are many cannabis users who use regularly who can function no problem. Same with cocaine. Same with Ecstasy.

But do you have proof that it will harm them in the long term?

Just as there are many cannabis users who use regularly who can function no problem. Same with cocaine. Same with Ecstasy.

Cocaine and ecstasy are much safer drugs than cannabis. As I say, I know many disfunctional ****my cannabis users, but can't think of any cocaine or ecstasy equivalents.

I've tried them all, and I wouldn't touch cannabis with a barge pole.

Cocaine and ecstasy are much safer drugs than cannabis. As I say, I know many disfunctional ****my cannabis users, but can't think of any cocaine or ecstasy equivalents.

:rolleyes:

Take it you didnt watch the Horizon Documentary ranking the most heavily used drugs in order of harm to the user and society then?:rolleyes:

Take it you didnt watch the Horizon Documentary ranking the most heavily used drugs in order of harm to the user and society then?:rolleyes:

No. I assume cannabis topped the league of shame.

Ray Winstone

Apart from the fact that Cocaine can cause heart attacks even with infrequent use, ecstasy can cause dehydration and if water intake is not regulated can cause swelling of the tissue around the brain resulting in death?

Of course Cannabis is much more dangerous!

Or the program on the BBC last week about the 'dangers' of cannabis where a lot of 'experts' proclaimed it wasn't dangerous.

For every study that finds it's harmful, there's one that says its fine

Rick Grimes

cannabis, largely thanks to the ridiculously strong strains created by splicing, is a very dangerous drug. i say that as someone who's tried pretty much everything bar acid & smack.

to put in context, commonly grown strains of grass nowadays are 40 times as potent as it would naturally grow wild.

occasional use at the 'natural' level is a whole different kettle of fish from being perma-stoned on today's bought grass. i don't touch it now.

Apart from the fact that Cocaine can cause heart attacks even with infrequent use, ecstasy can cause dehydration and if water intake is not regulated can cause swelling of the tissue around the brain resulting in death?

Oh dear, what an ill-informed post. :sad:

No. I assume cannabis topped the league of shame.

And what is assumption again? Cannabis was 11th. Heroin and Cocaine ranked one and two. Cannabis was behind alcohol as well IIRC. You should watch it, it was very interesting.:)

cannabis, largely thanks to the ridiculously strong strains created by splicing, is a very dangerous drug. i say that as someone who's tried pretty much everything bar acid & smack.

to put in context, commonly grown strains of grass nowadays are 40 times as potent as it would naturally grow wild.

occasional use at the 'natural' level is a whole different kettle of fish from being perma-stoned on today's bought grass. i don't touch it now.

That's exactly my point. I'm no expert cannabis user, I have just seen the impact it can have on friends, and it's not pleasant.

Rick Grimes
And what is assumption again? Cannabis was 11th. Heroin and Cocaine ranked one and two. Cannabis was behind alcohol as well IIRC. You should watch it, it was very interesting.:)

it was indeed. the ranking of alcohol had a lot to do with how its consumed in UK society & by the numbers of people involved, though. that's definitely not to be underestimated.

Ray Winstone
Oh dear, what an ill-informed post. :sad:

An ex - addict told me that:p

it was indeed. the ranking of alcohol had a lot to do with how its consumed in UK society & by the numbers of people involved, though. that's definitely not to be underestimated.

Correct. The ranking involved taking into account aspects of effects on user and society as a whole. No surprises IMO. As someone who has tried all (and moved in such circles as well) on the list apart from Heroin and LSD, the rankings did not come as a surprise.

Rick Grimes
That's exactly my point. I'm no expert cannabis user, I have just seen the impact it can have on friends, and it's not pleasant.

my friend is a pyschiatric nurse at the Royal Ed. in the past i've spent many a night stoned with her. she reckons those of who come in with chronic drug addictions its by far the most dangerous & the most difficult to recover from.

yes, one line of coke or one pill has more potential to kill you outright than one joint, but the cumulative damage done is far greater with grass.

that said, coke is also extremely dangerous. plus it generally turns people into cocks.

An ex - addict told me that:p

Of what, cocaine or ecstasy?

I'm pretty sure you don't get addicted to ecstasy..

Ray Winstone

Sorry - Coke addict.

As well as many other prescription drugs and heroin as well.

Making good now though!

coke is also extremely dangerous. plus it generally turns people into cocks.

Fortunately I'm not a coke user.

Rick Grimes

not physically, but you can definitely have an addiction to the lifestyle that generally comes with.

you start out these times saying that you can have just as good a time without a pill, but eventually you start to notice that you don't. of course, if you're doing it as a clubber rather than house party pillhead then that's understandable.

I know someone who got badly addicted to Cannabis at uni, and it almost screwed up his life

He has since given that up. Does other drugs when he goes out, but he is generally in much better shape, and has a much better grip on life than when he just did cannabis

I see what you're saying there but you can get addicted to anything you enjoy, ecstasy itself may not be addictive but you can still become addicted to using ecstasy

Rick Grimes
Fortunately I'm not a coke user.

wouldn't say i never do myself, but its generally over-priced pish.

chester copperpot

I'd say alcohol has far more problems in U.K society than cannabis. I do know of quite a few stoners, and one in particular has the attention span of a fly, and forgets everything short term.

It does have LT effects on the people taking it, but I dont think its as bad a drug as alcohol.

I see what you're saying there but you can get addicted to anything you enjoy, ecstasy itself may not be addictive but you can still become addicted to using ecstasy

Yeah you're probably right.

Cocaine on the other hand tends to instantly get a hold of people which is quite scary.

You can and its a bugger to get off. I had a friend who was hooked on the stuff and it was a long process helping her get off it and on the straight and narrow. While it may not have the chemical addiction of other drugs it can lead to difficulties associated with it.

You sure you arent a coke user Therapist?:P

(joking!)

Rick Grimes
I'd say alcohol has far more problems in U.K society than cannabis. I do know of quite a few stoners, and one in particular has the attention span of a fly, and forgets everything short term.

It does have LT effects on the people taking it, but I dont think its as bad a drug as alcohol.

absolutely. and were they both discovered tomorrow, despite what i've said in this thread about grass, it wouldn;t be the one i'd choose to ban.

generally stoners are more of a danger to themselves than anyone else.

The thing is, the long term effects are hard to separate from whether they would occur naturally or whether they occurred due to cannabis: schizophrenia, memory loss etc...

Bindy Badgy

It's not an addictive substance. However, you can develop a psychological addiction to anything.

I know a few people that freely admit that they were heavily addicted after their first go.

You sure you arent a coke user Therapist?:P

Good jibe Chester. ;)

jambo_ellen

Did you get that off ask frank.

I actually agree with that.

Cocaine and Ecstasy are relatively harmless if not used to excess. I do know a few guys who have done their heads in with weed. Not as many as who have harmed themselves with tobacco and alcohol though. There's no real reason to keep it illegal, taxing it and taking it out of the hands of criminals is the only logical solution.

Ray Winstone
I actually agree with that.

Cocaine and Ecstasy are relatively harmless if not used to excess. I do know a few guys who have done their heads in with weed. Not as many as who have harmed themselves with tobacco and alcohol though. There's no real reason to keep it illegal, taxing it and taking it out of the hands of criminals is the only logical solution.

Is Cannabis not relatively harmless if not used to excess?

chester copperpot
Why people take illegal drugs is beyond me.

Is something missing in their life?

Says he with make poverty history etc etc :rolleyes:

Why people take illegal drugs is beyond me.

Is something missing in their life?

erm..... illegal highs? :P

Patrick Bateman

The logical solution is to legalise and tax cannabis. Educate people to the dangers, but allow those who want to smoke to do as they wish. I believe that so long as people aren't harming others, what they do is up to them, not the state. The problem isn't the drug itself, its the organised crime. And it will NEVER go away.

john brownlee

anyway gettingback to the op its not getting declassified

It was just broono trying to get some good publisity

as said on the parly programme today he will have a hard time getting the vote reversed as most or the labour back benches dabble in it as was pointed out on several occasions today by MPs

so in a nut shell no chance:5643::5643::5643::5643:

Archived