Cannabis to be reclassified?

Therapist

Is Cannabis not relatively harmless if not used to excess?

It is indeed.

I just think that for people who are prone to depression or other mental problems, cannabis is indeed very dangerous. I read that 1 in 4 people will suffer from some sort of mental illness in their lives. I don't think that cannabis makes people go mental, but if there is even a hint of a problem there alreads, cannabis just tips them over the edge.

Like I said, i know 3 people who have seriously hurt their brains with weed. One lives in a hospital now, one can't leave his house and the other has been sectioned 3 times and is probably going to continue to be every few years from now. I think they had problems any way, but they would have been able to live normal, productive lives without the herb.

That's my view.

Bindy Badgy
one can't leave his house

I know a girl that ended up like that due to a year of habitual weed and E usage.

She's OK now compared to what she used to be but if you stick either drug in her she goes nuts.

Isn't it a case of how an individual reacts to a particular narcotic rather than the narcotic itself?

EG, some people can have a few pints and be fine, but when they touch spirits they turn into arseholes. Same goes with any narcotic I would say. All depends on the physical and mental well being of the imbiber.

Why anyone would want to take a drug that makes you sluggish and generally stupid is beyond me.

While i'm on the subject, why do people who are perfectly normal straight, suddenly use the word 'man' as a full stop and develop the same silly, braying laugh as soon as they smoke a joint?

UnworthyPapaLazaru
Isn't it a case of how an individual reacts to a particular narcotic rather than the narcotic itself?

EG, some people can have a few pints and be fine, but when they touch spirits they turn into arseholes. Same goes with any narcotic I would say. All depends on the physical and mental well being of the imbiber.

The voice of reason.

Rick Grimes
Why people take illegal drugs is beyond me.

Is something missing in their life?

do you drink? smoke?

chester copperpot
I used to smoke loads of Skunk before.

Now i just have the odd gram of coke.

You must be so proud of yourself. Agree with the odd puff, but jesus.:confused:

Im surprised the rape date drugs arent higher classified

Surely the penalities for possessing and dealing in these given their prevalent use means you should get hammered for that more than dealing some weed or coke which isnt as likely to be used to deliberatly harm another person

Well said S.U.S.S. Taking cannabis, or any other drug is like supporting Hibs, Rangers or Celtic, something not to be contemplated by any body with more than one brain cell.

Well said S.U.S.S. Taking cannabis, or any other drug is like supporting Hibs, Rangers or Celtic, something not to be contemplated by any body with more than one brain cell.

So you never have a cup of tea or coffee? Eat a bit of chocolate? Alcohol at all?

All of these are drugs.

What about paracetamol or aspirin?

Im surprised the rape date drugs arent higher classified

Surely the penalities for possessing and dealing in these given their prevalent use means you should get hammered for that more than dealing some weed or coke which isnt as likely to be used to deliberatly harm another person

The reason given in the study is that those who come forward to say they have date raped, more often than not (and more on the side of none) have no such drug in their system supposedly.

do you drink? smoke?

I do neither, nor do I take any kind of illegal drugs. And I am actually quite happy with life.

I have seen first hand the effect cannabis has on peoples mental well being. Not nice at all.

Sheriff Fatman
The reason given in the study is that those who come forward to say they have date raped, more often than not (and more on the side of none) have no such drug in their system supposedly.

A certain percentage of the reason that will be the speed those drugs break down in the body will it not?

Any addiction can be dangerous, gambling addictions can be incredibly destructive. Psychological addictions can be stronger than chemical addictions. Take nicotine, the chemical addiction only lasts a matter of hours, but the psychological addiction never really goes away.

North Berwick Jambo

Dear oh dear, if you believe half the tripe written in this thread you must be stoned, cannabis worse than coke or E's etc etc..:confused:

I know many people including myself that you could class as heavy cannabis users for almost twenty years now, the funny thing is we are all in long term relationships, have been in our current employment for many years, have healthy social lives, Oh & we dont suffer from any of these mental problems mentioned.

One other point about this super grass myth, i dont know a single smoker who can regularly afford to pay anything up to three times the normal price for half the normal amount. ;)

A certain percentage of the reason that will be the speed those drugs break down in the body will it not?

Not according to the study. Its also something to do with the taste of for example, GHB, which is said to be very salty and noticeable in colour when in liquid .

Rick Grimes
Not according to the study. Its also something to do with the taste of for example, GHB, which is said to be very salty and noticeable in colour when in liquid .

GHB is clear and when mixed with enough of anything the taste can be disguised. its not salty as such, it just tastes kinda weird.

its a stupid drug to mix with alcohol as the potential for a near coma is pretty large if you're not lucky enough to just have to deal with projectile vomiting. it also can be used by people to take advantage of others - seen it happen, not nice to see at all. rape is certainly a possibility if you were that way inclined, tho i'd be willing to wager that in a lot of these cases both parties are on it and have their inhibitions lowered.

for all that tho, if used correctly & in moderation its a lovely drug that is very safe indeed.

GHB is clear and when mixed with enough of anything the taste can be disguised. its not salty as such, it just tastes kinda weird.

its a stupid drug to mix with alcohol as the potential for a near coma is pretty large if you're not lucky enough to just have to deal with projectile vomiting. it also can be used by people to take advantage of others - seen it happen, not nice to see at all. rape is certainly a possibility if you were that way inclined, tho i'd be willing to wager that in a lot of these cases both parties are on it and have their inhibitions lowered.

for all that tho, if used correctly & in moderation its a lovely drug that is very safe indeed.

I trust you have partaken then? :P

I was going on what it said in the study and what is on its Wiki page as well but i'll go with your knowledge.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It bugs me when people take the moral high ground on drug use when they probably go out and get pished every weekend.

I go clubbing most weekends so drugs are just as common as alcohol and 9 times out of 10 drink will be the cause of fights/getting yerself into a state etc.

Not a fan of weed, can't be arsed with the whole stoner thing but do use other recreational drugs and really don't see the problem if used in moderation.

If they were made legal the stigma surrounding them would soon disappear and they would become as 'normal' as buying a pint in the pub or smoking a packet of fags.

Rick Grimes
I trust you have partaken then? :P

I was going on what it said in the study and what is on its Wiki page as well but i'll go with your knowledge.

its probably my fave, except for one occasion where a "friend" who was going away to Oz for a year tried to use it to fire into all his mate's burds at his leaving party. he was clearly a ****** tho.

and once where i ended getting off with a lassie i reeeeally don't like.

other than that its marvellous. had a sunday afternoon that started with a couple of mates & ended up with over 20 of us in princes st gardens having a blast - playing in the water fountains, talking to the "normals" and generally larking about.

we called it G in the Park ;)

I dont have any issues with any drugs or intoxicating substances of any kind. In this day and age, we all know the risks, so if you want to take anything then fair enough. Its your body, your health, your money! And as long as it doesnt directly affect other innocent people in an adverse or negative manner, then whats the issue?

Just dont crash into me. I will find you and burn your house down.

Commander Harris

I think a lot of people underestimate the dangers of cannabis and see it as a safe drug. In my opinion it is highly dangerous. For long term problems I believe that it is one of the nastiest substances readily available. Amotivational syndrome, drug-induced psychosis as well as the agitation of pre-existing underlying mental disorders are all problems caused by or contributed to by cannabis.

I think people's attitude towards mental health problems, that they are trivial or not as "real" as physical problems, means that we get to the position where cannabis is considered harmless when infact the possible long term side-effects can be hugely debilitating.

I'd also suggest that there is a massive difference between smoking weed and smoking resin. Resin can easily be mixed with all sorts of other substances to bulk it out. Resin is cheap for a reason, it's nasty, horrible stuff that can't be good for anyone. I think weed is much safer.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Anyone got that pic of the Hearts director (can't mind his name) out his mind at some club?!

Classic photo!

Strange you say that, as some of the stupidest people I know have never taken drugs in their life, yet almost all of the most intelligent and successful ones have.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Says he with make poverty history etc etc :rolleyes:

Bollocks, i forgot i had that signature!

And with that the fishing trip was over.;)

It bugs me when people take the moral high ground on drug use when they probably go out and get pished every weekend.

I go clubbing most weekends so drugs are just as common as alcohol and 9 times out of 10 drink will be the cause of fights/getting yerself into a state etc.

Not a fan of weed, can't be arsed with the whole stoner thing but do use other recreational drugs and really don't see the problem if used in moderation.

If they were made legal the stigma surrounding them would soon disappear and they would become as 'normal' as buying a pint in the pub or smoking a packet of fags.

In the exact same boat as yourself and couldn't agree anymore...... give me ten pillheads over one drunk anyday of the week.

Swedge on.

Archived