Bad Night for the uglies

Robbo 75

I'm off to Brisbane tomorrow for a well earned holiday in the sun. Will be going with a spring in my step.

Rangers out of the CL at the first time of asking and two red cards for good measure. I expect the city of Malmo isd being destroyed as we speak.

Celtic getting dumped by Swansea is just an added bonus.

Better than all that, while I am up in the sky we will be barnstorming our way into the next stage of the EL and priming ourselves to thump Motherwell on Suday.

Life is good.

I'm off to Brisbane tomorrow for a well earned holiday in the sun. Will be going with a spring in my step.

Rangers out of the CL at the first time of asking and two red cards for good measure. I expect the city of Malmo isd being destroyed as we speak.

Better than all that, while I am up in the sky we will be barnstorming our way into the next stage of the EL and priming ourselves to thump Motherwell on Suday.

Life is good.

Is this not the game the traditional songsters / rioters were banned from? Malmo may survive if its only the Rangers team and officials on the loose.

drumie jambo

Unfortunately, no.

Cheers thought it wiz only 4th qualifying round losers that parachuted into the europa league

PsychocAndy

We all know who will be getting the blame for the stickies getting pumped out of the Champions League. Whittaker, NO,Bougera, NO, Super Ally, NO, it will be that nasty man Stephen Thompson for not giving them Goodwillie for peanuts.

I hope your happy Mr Thompson, I know I am.

Life is good.

What IS destroyed is the Scottish coefficient. Yet another slide down a snake......

What IS destroyed is the Scottish coefficient. Yet another slide down a snake......

I realise that but while I apologise if this seems small minded, Rangers and Celtic failing matters more to me.

A lot more.

I realise that but while I apologise if this seems small minded, Rangers and Celtic failing matters more to me.

A lot more.

This

Thias is going to sound like heresy, but I'm coming round to the opinion that THE SCOTTISH CO-EFFICIENT ISN'T VITALLY IMPORTANT. Every country from 16th to 47th (out of 53) gets 1 Champions League and 3 Europa League spots - the lower ranking just means starting one or at worst two rounds earlier - and if our 2nd, 3rd and 4th best teams can't progress a couple of early rounds then we don't deserve any bettter.

Rising up to 15th or better and 2 Champs League spots has only benifitted the Old Firm - who got 19 out of the last 20 spots, and an extra Europa spot for the rest just brings the average co-efficient back down.

Rankings making a difference:

19th - 2nd EL team drops from QR3 to QR2

22nd - 3rd EL team drops from QR2 to QR1

28th - top EL team drops from QR3 to QR2

33rd - 2nd EL team drops from QR2 to QR1

We all know who will be getting the blame for the stickies getting pumped out of the Champions League. Whittaker, NO,Bougera, NO, Super Ally, NO, it will be that nasty man Stephen Thompson for not giving them Goodwillie for peanuts.

I hope your happy Mr Thompson, I know I am.

No, it will be the rest of the SPL excluding their bosom buddies Celtic, for not providing enough competition. Shortly followed by a rant about how they should be allowed to keep all of the TV money for themselves, rather than just the 80% that they currently rape from the rest of us.

Guest Jamboinleith

OOOpppsssss Celtice getting beat by Swansea 2 - 0

Damn shame :lol:

Yeah its shocking,although i did have money on thw swans to win. :whistling:

Who fecking cares about that any more! Rangers and all who sail in her can GTF. Since when did they care about the rest of Scotland?

berrathanhibs

Loovens has also been ruled out for 6 weeks for Celtic. :D I know he's shit but every little helps.

he is shite

Life is good.

hijack the plane and fly it into darkhead

Bougherra's off to Qatar

And the new signing Dorin Goian is out for weeks with a hamstring apparently

Shame :whistling:

The Treasurer

Thias is going to sound like heresy, but I'm coming round to the opinion that THE SCOTTISH CO-EFFICIENT ISN'T VITALLY IMPORTANT. Every country from 16th to 47th (out of 53) gets 1 Champions League and 3 Europa League spots - the lower ranking just means starting one or at worst two rounds earlier - and if our 2nd, 3rd and 4th best teams can't progress a couple of early rounds then we don't deserve any bettter.

Rising up to 15th or better and 2 Champs League spots has only benifitted the Old Firm - who got 19 out of the last 20 spots, and an extra Europa spot for the rest just brings the average co-efficient back down.

Rankings making a difference:

19th - 2nd EL team drops from QR3 to QR2

22nd - 3rd EL team drops from QR2 to QR1

28th - top EL team drops from QR3 to QR2

33rd - 2nd EL team drops from QR2 to QR1

Excellent post.

This myth about our coefficient is only brought up by the media because it directly effects the OF.

As you rightly point out if our qualifying teams can't get past the teams involved in rounds 1 and 2 then they don't deserve to be rubbing shoulders with the big clubs.

Also getting automatic group places only serves to widen the financial gap between the OF and the rest.

jamboinglasgow

Bougherra's off to Qatar

And the new signing Dorin Goian is out for weeks with a hamstring apparently

Shame :whistling:

So that would leave Broadfoot as the only recognised centre back in the team.

:pleasingao:

PsychocAndy

So that would leave Broadfoot as the only recognised centre back in the team.

:pleasingao:

News to me. Burt Clubfoot is a footballer? You sure?

You see the red card that Bougherra got last night? Looked awfully similar to the sort of challenge that cabbaged Tempelton at Ibrox first game of the season.

Ironically it is the "kid gloves" treatment that Scottish ref's give the OF that means they fail in Europe as neutral refs, not tainted by the Scottish football hierarchy, get on with their job.

Also, hilarious to hear McCulloch being interviewed at the airport saying the ref was "swayed" by the partisan support. What does he thinks happens at Ibrox every other week?

Tossers, the lot of them. Sod the co-efficient. Watching either half of the OF fail miserably is much better!!

Tossers, the lot of them. Sod the co-efficient. Watching either half of the OF fail miserably is much better!!

Spot On.... Them getting ?10m each year never helped us, or anyone else in the league, most of there money is spent abroad so the money leaves the SPL anyway, the quicker they stop making millions the more of a chance we have of closing the gap or competing in one-off cup competitions.

You see the red card that Bougherra got last night? Looked awfully similar to the sort of challenge that cabbaged Tempelton at Ibrox first game of the season.

Ironically it is the "kid gloves" treatment that Scottish ref's give the OF that means they fail in Europe as neutral refs, not tainted by the Scottish football hierarchy, get on with their job.

Also, hilarious to hear McCulloch being interviewed at the airport saying the ref was "swayed" by the partisan support. What does he thinks happens at Ibrox every other week?

Is this not the sort of thing that Vlad alludes to in his so called Rants?

jambo-in-furness

Ditto, my thoughts entirely

Francis Albert

So rangers get more reds and yellows in one euro game than they average in 6 or more spl games. No wonder we're paranoid.

Archived