BBC Hack Brian McLaughlin

Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

Anyone else heard this alcoholic/beetroot faced chump over the past few days? Not content with fabricating unsourced stories about player discontentment, how 'all Hearts fans are up in arms" and other such nonsense, his approach to questioning during Sergio's first press conference is something else. For someone from an organisation which prides itself on its apparent neutrality, Brian McLaughlin has barely been able to conceal his contempt towards Hearts. He pretty much tried to tell Sergio that the fans were angry at him, tried pressing him on when he expected to be sacked and tried telling him about player unhappiness. Now, why should Hearts tolerate this kind of behaviour? Why do we provide this little rodent with access? We certainly don't have to. I have to say, STV and, from what I've seen, SSN have handled this story with a bit more respect. I guess Hearts are the only team that BBC Scotchland feel comfortable attacking and criticising, considering they are too afraid to point out the Glasgow Cancer's various indiscretions. Maybe its time Brian McLaughin got the Hans Christian Banderson treatment? We shouldn't show slime like that any respect or give them the time of day.

Thoughts? :ninja:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Anyone else heard this alcoholic/beetroot faced chump over the past few days? Not content with fabricating unsourced stories about player discontentment, how 'all Hearts fans are up in arms" and other such nonsense, his approach to questioning during Sergio's first press conference is something else. For someone from an organisation which prides itself on its apparent neutrality, Brian McLaughlin has barely been able to conceal his contempt towards Hearts. He pretty much tried to tell Sergio that the fans were angry at him, tried pressing him on when he expected to be sacked and tried telling him about player unhappiness. Now, why should Hearts tolerate this kind of behaviour? Why do we provide this little rodent with access? We certainly don't have to. I have to say, STV and, from what I've seen, SSN have handled this story with a bit more respect. I guess Hearts are the only team that BBC Scotchland feel comfortable attacking and criticising, considering they are too afraid to point out the Glasgow Cancer's various indiscretions. Maybe its time Brian McLaughin got the Hans Christian Banderson treatment? We shouldn't show slime like that any respect or give them the time of day.

:lol:

Brilliant. Every word.

:lol:

h-e-a-r-t-s

complete agreement here

as someone else pointed out, he's a male Chicken. :whistling:

i think he has a personal friendship with JJ & BB so this maybe affecting his judgement in being able to conduct himself at the conference. :yucky:

Chad Sexington

His snide behavior during that press conference made me want to punch my monitor in. At one point he cut Paulo dead with a "I understand about your ambitions. What's your remit from the club???" In a really aggressive tone. :verymad:

Feckin welt.

We should ban the fat modedit. :down:

Complete agreement with the OP.

I've upgraded my original assessment of him, he's a very large male chicken.

Considering the questions and the tone of questioning, Paulo came across very well.

Cut The Crap

I suspect he's well in with Southern as well.

The only member of the fourth estate invited to the Scottish Cup winning party at Murrayfield in 2006. And this is how he repays that hospitality. :down:

Probably overcompensates for the fact that he is a diehard Jambo.

Genuinely think, we (the fans) should make a concerted effort to get certain 'journalists' (and I use the word VERY loosely) banned from Tynecastle.

There have been lots of 'agenda led' Press Conferences over the years but this one was without doubt the worst. Write an email, phone the club,

do anything you can to keep these a*******s away from our club.

OP is bang on. 'Hearts fans are up in arms' I was thinking, No im not. erse

He seems like a total ***** of a man. Hope he is reading this. Hi Brian, you're a *****.

colinmaroon

I suspect he's well in with Southern as well.

The only member of the fourth estate invited to the Scottish Cup winning party at Murrayfield in 2006. And this is how he repays that hospitality. :down:

Probably overcompensates for the fact that he is a diehard Jambo.

Is he rudi???

pettigrewsstylist

Is he rudi???

you can bet he reads this

well, McLughlin,, what you going to do when there are no protests tomm ya chump?

accept it, the Gorgie masses understand Vlads reasoning on this one, we can be objective, its what seperates us from the cancer

now away and play wi some matches ya tube

Getintaethem

A good oppertunity to ask some decent questions about team shape and playing style totally wasted with dumb questions like "are you worried about your job". Pathetic to be honest. :down:

BlackhallJambo

Agree 100%. I thought the line of questioning was shockingly disrespectful to a new arrival in Scotland. Typical mischevious questioning and yet not one journalist seemed to answer the questions Hearts fans wanted regarding football. I thought given the relationship between the press and Vlad, Hearts should have fielded someone to help PS in his first conference particularly as he admitted his English wasn`t great yet. However I thought he handled it reasonably well in the circumstances

Tbf, have a look at the Hearts Facebook page.

You could cut the seethe with a knife.

Drewjambobusby

Brian, who i knew years ago is actually a Hearts Fan but a great friend of Jeffries and Brown. Think this came across too strongly in his questions. Having said that he was and is an erse !!!

Can anyone with Twitter congratulate him on making a total ***** of himself?

robin hood jambo

Done!

Harry Palmer

I know someone said "done" but.... :thumbsup:

Anyway..

He's an arsehole

robin hood jambo

I know someone said "done" but.... :thumbsup:

Anyway..

He's an arsehole

I was beaten to it and hes had a few other tasty tweets letting him know what we thought of his behaviour today.

Glad I'm not the only one who can't stand this tosspot of a 'man'.

The Scottish Sport media showed their class today. Fecking vermin.

Just watched the press conference, he was clearly seething and determined to try to rip the pash out of Sergio.

Amateur.

Was he not the same guy who Yogi flipped at upon being quizzed about some bad run they were on at the time?

Buffalo Bill

...and he's a cheat at golf.

"Picking his handicap off the shelf" according to Jefferies.

I actually like him but I have not heard the interview.

And he confirmed to me last week that he is a Jambo.

I actually like him but I have not heard the interview.

And he confirmed to me last week that he is a Jambo.

He's a puss riddled plook (sp) - i hope he keels over due to his free-loading excess of stomach churning shite

NewYorkJambo

Aside from your comment about fabricating player discontent - because we don't know that - I agree.

It's possible a player told him this in confidence therefore he can't name the player in the public domain. But as he works from the BBC he should be more neutral. He is entitled to ask "So given the succession of manager's at the club did you have any qualms about accepting the job?" But he shouldn't be getting as worked up or involved as he is. He is a reporter not a columnist and is there to report the facts.

Leave opinions to Charlie Nicholas etc. While I despise the guy, he is paid to be opinionated and generate debate.

Part of the problem may be that McLaughlin is a friend of Jefferies so he feels he is sticking up for a friend. Still no excuse though.

Patrick Bateman

Aside from your comment about fabricating player discontent - because we don't know that - I agree.

It's possible a player told him this in confidence therefore he can't name the player in the public domain. But as he works from the BBC he should be more neutral. He is entitled to ask "So given the succession of manager's at the club did you have any qualms about accepting the job?" But he shouldn't be getting as worked up or involved as he is. He is a reporter not a columnist and is there to report the facts.

Leave opinions to Charlie Nicholas etc. While I despise the guy, he is paid to be opinionated and generate debate.

Part of the problem may be that McLaughlin is a friend of Jefferies so he feels he is sticking up for a friend. Still no excuse though.

As far as I'm concerned, until he can prove what the mystery player said, then I'll take it as a fabrication. It wouldn't be the first time that a BBC Scotchland journo had invented something to do with HMFC. I'm pretty sure McLaughlin used the expression "If you would just answer my question..." - Now, who does he think he is? Showing up at a new manager's press conference, a man whose first language is not English and who is essentially being attacked by every journalist in the room. I'm hopeful that Sergio can foster a siege mentality against this lot, because it could be quite beneficial. In the meanwhile, I'd be quite content for Hearts to go back to releasing every story through the official site: if news is a commodity, then why should the club gift it to dying media sectors for free, unless it is in some way beneficial? These parasites need to realise that such press conferences are an opportunity to learn something about a man new to Scottish football; instead we were treated to something akin to a show-trial. The club should always take a zero tolerance approach to this; in 15 minutes we were only shown what we already knew: that the Scottish media is an amateurish, self-serving, disgrace.

Only a Game

I think someone at Hearts, on behalf of Sergio should be approaching this clown and withdrawing his access after what he tried to do to the poor man today.

Or Sergio should be saying to the PA at Hearts "See him, he doesnt attend another one of my press conferences !!"

Shocking conduct by him and at least one other today. Sounded like Graham Spiers but surely not ???

Im not too bothered what any of the press say, I thought paulo was pretty cool during that conference

Considering the questions they were asking. Not one question about how he intends to play or if he

Wants to bring anyone in. I will be concentrating all my efforts on supporting the new manager and

Let's all leave the press to fight over how fantastic rangers were tonight and how unlucky they were!

Wonder how they'll react when mccoist gets the sack!

Gigolo-Aunt

Was it him who says "calm down" to Mr Sergio after our manager is clearly pissed off with answering the same question for the 4th time?

If it is, what a rasper.

Harry Palmer

Was it him who says "calm down" to Mr Sergio after our manager is clearly pissed off with answering the same question for the 4th time?

If it is, what a rasper.

All I know is he kept on asking honking questions.

Dick.

Gregory House M.D.

Done. :thumbsup:

"Your questioning of Paulo today was disgraceful. @mrewanmurray should be required reading for you and your mates. #Tit"

Kept it short :lol:

Archived