Sergio Press Conference on SKy Sports News

BlackhallJambo

Fozzyonthefence

The simple thing to say is would the press have done this to old firm managers who were largely unknown to the relative clubs wider fans such as Wim Jansen and Paul Le Guen, not find anything out about them and only ask them about the owner and the previous manager.

No they wouldn't but since Rangers and Celtic have only both had 18 managers in their entire history (including interim managers like Ian Durant who only had 1 game) and we have had 10(?) since 2005 maybe they think this line of questioning is more appropriate to a club who has a recent history of sacking their manager every 5 minutes. Understandable but still not really sure what they expected him to say about Romanov and thought he handled it well.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Auld Reekin'

" winners, on 03 August 2011 - 08:29 PM, said:

Thanks for putting this up.

Thought he handled the press pretty well.

How will he do? Only time will tell.

But GOOD LUCK "

Yep. To deduce anything about his managerial ability from this first press conference would be difficult.

But for an exhausted guy fielding some fairly shitty questions in a foreign language, he did outstandingly well. Huge respect to him for that.

Agree with both.

Thought he came across well. Very sorry to see JJ go, especially under the circumstances he did, but let's hope that Sergio is the man to take us forward and that he can establish a genuinely-workable accommodation ("compromise..."? ;)) with Romanov.

It'll be very interesting to see where we are a year from now...

Just seen SSN just now and the monkey with the Rank Radio microphone was just Vlad quality at the press conference today.

Not laughed so much for ages.

http://twitpic.com/60cwjb

this one??

tweeted earlier today by mark bensted.

have to admit it make me giggle

My views from that video....

•  
  • Romanov thinks Rangers are pish and fancies 2nd or higher
  • Sergio wants a shop window
  • The Sky bird would get pumped

Nice one Paulo. He showed respect to the numpties barking questions at him which was far more than they deserved. Bunch of ignorant tosspots, the majority of them. Especially that fat arse from the BBC.

Now if he can coach as well as he handles the press, we may just have something to thank Vlad for, after all.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Kick on Paulo ma man!

Came across really well in that press conference and genuinely looked passionate about it all, He and every hearts manager will always get my backing.

All the best for what lies ahead chief.

If there was any justice in the world I could go face to face to the likes of fat Brian McLauchlan et all with a copy of this thread.

Let them read this entire thread, then ask them to look you in the eye and deny that they are trying to take the pure and utter piss out of Heart of Midlothian FC.

They couldn't do it.

This is a brilliant thread which sets out, clear as day, just what these arseholes are playing at.

It's clear as ******* day. It's actually that blatant, the media must know and accept that fact as a given.

"We hate Hearts, so ******* what if our agenda is oh so transparent?"

Thick as shit, the lot of them. Not even clever enough to be subtle in their actions.

The Treasurer

I take it jim will be at game thursday? :teehee:

i hope so :teehee:

I have a feeling he might stay away as the media frenzy could interfere with the players preparation and JJ knows that the club winning this game is more important than him.

He will get his chance to speak to the players but I suspect it will be done in private and with class and dignity. The same way he has conducted himself since he stepped down

On the subject of our new manager, this interview is the first time I've seen him and I have to say I was very impressed by the way he handled some ridiculous grilling by the press.

Now we have the monkeys in the Sun leading with the "Romanov wil NEVER pick my team" even tho that wasnt said.

dick heids

Now we have the monkeys in the Sun leading with the "Romanov wil NEVER pick my team" even tho that wasnt said.

dick heids

We also have the BBC peddling the same crap :-

Hearts manager Paulo Sergio warns Vladimir Romanov to stay out of first-team affairs. (Various)

Tommy Wiseau

That was a disgusting display by our media. Shameful stuff from the monkeys.

FAO: all people who think that they are intelligent enough to wind up Mr Romanov - watch this and understand they are simply classless ****s.

Mr Sergio was cool personified though. :wub:

AllyjamboDerbyshire

He answered the questions much better than they asked them. Seems a very cool guy and was completely unflustered. If he can handle football and players, which is what he knows about, as well as he handled the media, then he'll be a cool and calming influence when it counts. There was something about the calm way he handled himself, and didn't dodge one question while making it clear most of them had nothing to do with him, makes me feel as quietly confident in him as he appears to be in himself.

Denny Crane

It should be here in about 30 mins-6pm (still unloading)

i'm off to work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTfJuhyzTZ4

Thanks for that.

The only thing I found wrong with that was Brian McLaughlin still after all this time mispronouncing Romanov's name. More seriously, I thought the questions were fair game considering the chopping and changing of managers since Vladimir Romanov took over the club. Personally I thought Paulo Sergio handled it well and it will be interesting to see how many of the fourth estate take the olive branch he offered to them towards the end of that.

Archived