Sergio Press Conference on SKy Sports News

BlackhallJambo

BlackhallJambo

Approached over the weekend. Picking the team is my job. Romanov told me he wants more attractive football. I want to win. he has worked non stop over last 3 days looking at videos of our players. we have good players. Pleased with response from players. Players are hurt by change of manager which shows their character. . Gary Locke to be kept on staff. Happy to work for a Director of Football. Priority is to beat Paksi focussed on that.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mad Dog Frazer

Approached over the weekend. Picking the team is my job. Romanov told me he wants more attractive football. I want to win. he has worked non stop over last 3 days looking at videos of our players. we have good players. Pleased with response from players. Players are hurt by change of manager which shows their character. . Gary Locke to be kept on staff. Happy to work for a Director of Football. Priority is to beat Paksi focussed on that.

saying all the right things and my 1st impression is that i like this guy

then again i like Lsazlo at the start

heres hoping he does well :thumbsup:

Talking drivel on Sky sports, talking in riddles......

give him 6months before the axe gets wielded again

Captain America

Happy about this part especially, from everything I've heard, Gary is a turning into a great coach and working under a different style of manager can only benefit him.

Chad Sexington

:journo:

saying all the right things and my 1st impression is that i like this guy

then again i like Lsazlo at the start

heres hoping he does well :thumbsup:

Csaba would only be halfway through his first answer right now!:rolleyes:

...a bit disco

Happy about this part especially, from everything I've heard, Gary is a turning into a great coach and working under a different style of manager can only benefit him.

He's one up on (Of course I'll sw) Ally McCoist already then.:thumbsup:

Nicholas Brody

Aye, ok :lol:

Isaac Clarke

:gfy:

Jambof3tornado

Riddles eh? Maybe its your lack of a strangle hold on the English language?

Gregory House M.D.

watch this space :rolleyes:

hispanic_man_laying_with_head_in_oven_bld071837.jpg

Do it.

BlackhallJambo

:journo:

A wee bit unfair as he was trying to field mischevious questions from the Press and admitted his English wasn`t great but would get better

The media monkeys were trying to set him, awful badgering about Romanov's previous alleged crimes.

colinmaroon

Xenophobic post!

How's your Portugese on Ya Tube?

You would know, listening to LOLderwood regularly!!!

Ironic, that many of your mates wanted him sacked in under 6 months!!!

Typical questions from the press about the past and past managers (the last 2 mgrs both got around 18months FFS) Would of liked some more questions of what he wants to achieve, what style he plays, is he to bring in any more players.... Tho he never seemed as clued up on Vlad as I thought he would of (or he was giving nothing away if he does so)

First impression is I like him, but with a european game tomorrow he wont have much time to settle in, qualify or it will be an uphill struggle for him

The media monkeys were trying to set him, awful badgering about Romanov's previous alleged crimes.

Did you expect anything different?

Romanov has no time for the media, the media make the managers life difficult.

WeeToonJambo

As are you! Muppet!

colinmaroon

You know what's more astounding than what's happened over the past few days?

There are still some on here who are prepared to defend the weegie medja and bring up the thoroughly fatuous accusation of paranoia!

And, to those who are getting their knickers in a twist about the words these damned foreigners use like "suspicions" and "compromise" etc., really, how thick are you?

You know what's more astounding than what's happened over the past few days?

There are still some on here who are prepared to defend the weegie medja and bring up the thoroughly fatuous accusation of paranoia!

And, to those who are getting their knickers in a twist about the words these damned foreigners use like "suspicions" and "compromise" etc., really, how thick are you?

Who defends them? Vlad opens his mouth without thinking about the consequences.

Why did Romanov have to open his mouth about the Scottish media a few hours before our new guy took his first press conference?

The Scottish Media are old firm pandering arse wipes with no interest in the footballing side of our club. Romanov is more interested in mouthing off at them instead of speaking to the support about what we all want to know about things on the park, why JJ left and what direction he want's to take us.

colinmaroon

Who defends them? Vlad opens his mouth without thinking about the consequences.

Why did Romanov have to open his mouth about the Scottish media a few hours before our new guy took his first press conference?

The Scottish Media are old firm pandering arse wipes with no interest in the footballing side of our club. Romanov is more interested in mouthing off at them instead of speaking to the support about what we all want to know about things on the park, why JJ left and what direction he want's to take us.

Read this thread!

About 5 minutes into watching it and was coming on to say the same. Instead of actually asking what his plans are for the club, they were just looking to trip him up on a Romanov question, as if to prove Vlad's point about them being a bunch dickheads. :down:

Instability of your job

He's been in the door a day you utter *****. :vrface:

Instability of your job

Exactly.

And considering he took the gamble of becoming Sporting coach when he was doing really well @ Victoria Guimaraes doesn't seem to indicate he's a manager

who heavily relies on long term stability.

The boy is ambitious no doubt and if he has a good season here and wants to move down South in the Summer I have no problem with this as long as he's successful.

colinmaroon

About 5 minutes into watching it and was coming on to say the same. Instead of actually asking what his plans are for the club, they were just looking to trip him up on a Romanov question, thus proving Vlad's point about them being a bunch dickheads. :down:

Slight change/editing to make the point unambiguous!

Haven't noticed any comments about him calling "Mr Jim a Legend!"

Not negative enough for you?

Diadora Van Basten

From what I can understand he is an little known manager who took small teams further than they could have expected but couldn't quite cut it when a big team came calling. A bit like Roy Hodgeson.

Ricardo Quaresma

Instability of your job

Trying to wear him down right away; 'coarse rasp' job from the start; transparently shameless

Revealed themselves

From what I can understand he is an little known manager who took small teams further than they could have expected but couldn't quite cut it when a big team came calling. A bit like Roy Hodgeson.

He lost his best player in January at it went breast skywards when Liedson was sold. He has a good track record at all the clubs he was at except his last - that's why he's here I suppose?

Did Hodgson not to well at Inter and Switzerland either?

Is it just me that see's the irony in this thread - ripping the media hacks for asking about Romanov and not football - yet in about 5 pages of threads on the main Hearts forum I think we have about 5 threads about the managers style of play and the team - the rest on the merits of Romanov etc etc.....

alwaysthereinspirit

watch this space :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This space is the same lengh as the space beteween your ears.-----------------------------------------------------------

Looks like Vlad wants attacking play and goals. So do I.

JJ too conservative and it cost him. Laslo still gives me nightmares for the same reason.

Best of luck to the guy.

Would love to see him get 4 or 5 goals in his first couple of games.

Fingers crossed.

Nicholas Brody

did he go on to say wheather hes being allowed to bring in new players?

If he thinks he needs to, he will.

did he go on to say wheather hes being allowed to bring in new players?

He said he needs to spend time assessing the squad and has plenty time to bring players in if necessary.

Impressed with his answers to the questions.

Hopefully he has the football to go with this sort of good PR. :thumb:

Archived