Sergio Press Conference on SKy Sports News

BlackhallJambo

Buffalo Bill

Very impressive, calm display by Paulo there.

Didn't the press pack there sound a bit dim?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
troonmaroon

Impressed with his answers to the questions.

Hopefully he has the football to go with this sort of good PR. :thumb:

Let's hope so!! I recall we loved the way Csaba handled the press too... (albeit less so these days!)

Let's hope so!! I recall we loved the way Csaba handled the press too... (albeit less so these days!)

Not me.

One of the things I was impressed about from Sergio there was his down to earth sensible answers. There was none of that when Laszlo started slavering.

It's damn near impossible not to like the guy. He speaks with obvious passion, he speaks with great respect for the fans and "Meestar Jeem" and he is saying the right things.

Seriously, I had the exact same warm, fuzzy feeling when he first said "Meestar Jeem" that I did when big Gilles spoke and said stuff like "San Johnson".

Cannot wait for tomorrow, to be honest.

Nuh uh, not me. I hated his press conferences.

Drylaw Hearts

PS handled the Press Conference very well. He seems a very likable guy and I get a much better feeling about him than I ever got with Csaba.

He seems the sort of guy that will tell the players to go out and win tomorrows match for Mr Jim.

Deans Jambo

Incidentally how many Spl clubs would get a live press conference for their new manager aired on Sky Sports news. Romanov gets the club exposure whether it's good or bad. :verysmug:

Talking drivel on Sky sports, talking in riddles......

give him 6months before the axe gets wielded again

Considering English is not his first language I thought he spoke very well . How's your portugese ?

From what I can understand he is an little known manager who took small teams further than they could have expected but couldn't quite cut it when a big team came calling. A bit like Roy Hodgeson.

Cool sounds like the perfect manager for Hearts! :thumbsup:

Johanes de Silentio

Can't sat I can ever recall such aggressive questioning at a press conference for a new manager.

However, Paulo handled it very well - I like him.

Can't sat I can ever recall such aggressive questioning at a press conference for a new manager.

However, Paulo handled it very well - I like him.

Agreed.

Hope the press wise up soon.

Mon the Paulo

troonmaroon

Not me.

One of the things I was impressed about from Sergio there was his down to earth sensible answers. There was none of that when Laszlo started slavering.

Hmm, good point!! Now you remind me, he went on and on... Said right things sometimes and think there were some good snippets but mixed in with a heap of LONG rambling. Funny how the mind can leave out the bad bits after time...!

i get a really good feeling from the way he handled the presser there. thanks for sharing hambone, i was at work so missed this.

hope he can back it up cos he certainly seems to have the passion for it

welcome to edinburgh sir, and our glorious club

colinmaroon

Our media are utter fuds.

Could have done with another couple of "utters" in there!

Seymour M Hersh

What a bunch of knobs the press are in Scotland. Same questions asked by them all. Choobs the lot of them.

Welcome Paulo.

Journo " I hope you understand why we are asking you all these questions "

Paulo " Yes , you are all very bitter and rather than ask about what I can do for the team you ask me how long it will take for the Madman to sack me "

Journo " If you finish third and qualify for Europe then start the next season well will you expect to keep your job "

Paulo " This is a great game , you ask me the same questions and I answer them in different ways "

Journo " So will you tolerate Vlad interfering in team selection"

Paulo " Im going to have so much fun seeing all you ******s foaming at the mouth every time we speak "

They never asked the guy one positive question in the whole interview and it was almost 10 minutes long. What did they expect ? this is the difference between European football and Scottish football, In Europe managers at clubs know if they dont produce the results they will be sacked and they will have to use the tools provided them by the owner. Even the press know this but in our little goldfish bowl every manager should have a job for life regardless of results. Every one of those hacks there today should be ashamed of themselves for the way the treated a new manager to a club. There is no way that any other clubs new manager would be treated that way .

What a bunch of fandans.

jamboinglasgow

The simple thing to say is would the press have done this to old firm managers who were largely unknown to the relative clubs wider fans such as Wim Jansen and Paul Le Guen, not find anything out about them and only ask them about the owner and the previous manager.

The simple thing to say is would the press have done this to old firm managers who were largely unknown to the relative clubs wider fans such as Wim Jansen and Paul Le Guen, not find anything out about them and only ask them about the owner and the previous manager.

Do you think those were the questions that they think WE, Hearts fans, want the answers to in tomorrow's papers?...or do the media, when they question Hearts managers, ask the questions that the OF fans whom they pander to in the rest of their sports pages, want the answers to?

Napoleon  Wilson

The journo parasites showed their class again today.

Utter vermin.

This.

Thanks for putting this up.

Thought he handled the press pretty well.

How will he do? Only time will tell.

But GOOD LUCK

Yep. To deduce anything about his managerial ability from this first press conference would be difficult.

But for an exhausted guy fielding some fairly shitty questions in a foreign language, he did outstandingly well. Huge respect to him for that.

maroonshrew

Thought he handled himself excellently and will hopefully gain some respect fromt he Scottish press. He didnt avoid the questions, he didnt ramble like Csaba, he was extremely polite considering their aggressive questioning and he was very very respectful of Jefferies. Couldnt ask for more really, he hasnt embarrassed himself or us.

Such misleading questions in there, especially the one asking if he would expect to be sacked if he finished third like JJ did even though there is so much more that should be added to that question.

Jake Gittes

I am just in and am RAGING at the way this man is being interrogated by these media scumbags.

I was and am a total believer in the integrity and basic decency of JJ and was sorry to see him go. I still hope and pray that he can have a role within the club ay some point in the future which reflects the AFFECTION we all have for him.

But I have to "read" people every day in my job and flatter myself that I can spot a phoney and the vibe I am getting from Paulo Sergio is VERY POSITIVE. He is trying to answer their moronic, spiteful questions

1. How will you put up with interference from Vlad in team selections?[/b] No hard eveidence that JJ had to to tolerate that on more than two occassions The Kaunus fax machine, if it ever existed has been in mothballs for the past 18 months - so a non question.

2. The fans are very unhappy about JJ losing his job?[/b] Shocked more than unhappy and some were unhappy I was not crazy about it first off but we are all adults and accept the situation especially when Sergio has the pedigree which he appears to have - when John Collins lost his job at Hibs - but did the media try and humiliate Mixu - no the monkeys did not

3. Do you realise that the players are p***** off that JJ is gone? They are obviously upset at the situation? How do they know? They are mouthing opinions not facts. Someone like Gordon Smith or Gary Glen or Scott Robinson or Denis may well think they will get a run in the team and will be positive about the change.

4. Are you concerned to be the 11th man in charge of the team? Total ^^^^. Yes Vlad has been silly in appointing many duds from eastern Europe and lived to regret it - Mad Eddie / Korobochka / Chevenkov - but they were only ever in holding roles Robbo(not appointed by Vlad) - Burley - Rix - Valdas - Frail - Csaba - JJ have been the managers in effect.

Hibs - Mowbray - Collins - Mixu - Hughes - Calderwood nothing said there then

No this was a star chamber job on the man. Kenny Dalglish would have had them emptied from any Liverpool conference but Paulo tried to answer them because English is not his first language and that shows the basic decency of the man. Get them to submit questions first in future because of the lauguage issue so that then cannot try and spit roast him again

It was like the Media were trying to make him feel guilty for taking the Job.

that was pretty much what i gleaned from their line of questioning too

jake.. good post mate :-)

There was no question asked that i wanted to hear, that wasnt for hearts fans, that was there for those journalists to dress up and sell it back to the scottish public so that everyone else can have their fill.

Paolo different class tho. Media Monkeys GTF.

BobbyJenkins

The journos are utter tossers. Noone gets asked this rubbish, like no other club has players bought by the chairman/board. Fuds.

WayneMarooney

I am just in and am RAGING at the way this man is being interrogated by these media scumbags.

I was and am a total believer in the integrity and basic decency of JJ and was sorry to see him go. I still hope and pray that he can have a role within the club ay some point in the future which reflects the AFFECTION we all have for him.

But I have to "read" people every day in my job and flatter myself that I can spot a phoney and the vibe I am getting from Paulo Sergio is VERY POSITIVE. He is trying to answer their moronic, spiteful questions

1. How will you put up with interference from Vlad in team selections?[/b] No hard eveidence that JJ had to to tolerate that on more than two occassions The Kaunus fax machine, if it ever existed has been in mothballs for the past 18 months - so a non question.

2. The fans are very unhappy about JJ losing his job?[/b] Shocked more than unhappy and some were unhappy I was not crazy about it first off but we are all adults and accept the situation especially when Sergio has the pedigree which he appears to have - when John Collins lost his job at Hibs - but did the media try and humiliate Mixu - no the monkeys did not

3. Do you realise that the players are p***** off that JJ is gone? They are obviously upset at the situation? How do they know? They are mouthing opinions not facts. Someone like Gordon Smith or Gary Glen or Scott Robinson or Denis may well think they will get a run in the team and will be positive about the change.

4. Are you concerned to be the 11th man in charge of the team? Total ^^^^. Yes Vlad has been silly in appointing many duds from eastern Europe and lived to regret it - Mad Eddie / Korobochka / Chevenkov - but they were only ever in holding roles Robbo(not appointed by Vlad) - Burley - Rix - Valdas - Frail - Csaba - JJ have been the managers in effect.

Hibs - Mowbray - Collins - Mixu - Hughes - Calderwood nothing said there then

No this was a star chamber job on the man. Kenny Dalglish would have had them emptied from any Liverpool conference but Paulo tried to answer them because English is not his first language and that shows the basic decency of the man. Get them to submit questions first in future because of the lauguage issue so that then cannot try and spit roast him again

This.

And couldn't have put it any better myself (which I rarely admit B))

Only a Game

I liked 'my' players and 'our' fans :thumbsup:

Yeh I liked that too. In fact I thought he conducted himself remarkably well consider the repetitive and at times quite fecking rude questions he was being asked.

Showed the right amount of respect for JJ. Showed the right amount of enthusiasm and respect for the club and the current playing staff. Clearly knows what he's getting himself into and clearly happy with it. Clearly knew the traps he was being set by two fecking lizards in particular and didnt even look like falling into one of them.

He seems like a nice decent guy from first impressions, but he wont get ripped apart by the press and its one-nil to him on that score.

Made me feel good listenting to him. I dont think he'll be having much to say for himself publicly, especially if this is the treatment he's going to get from them.

So, he's talked the talk, now lets see if he walks the walk.

Was that the arsehole Spiers i could hear asking ridiculous questions?

Think he was in Sweden with the Huns.

The ones I heard were Charles Paterson (I think) and Brian McLaughlin (or whatever fat way he spells it)

marshallschunkychicken

Just managed to listen for the first time now.

Really impressed with how he handled it, and I liked the fact that his initial bemusement about the line of questioning eventually changed to amusement at the repetition.

Hopefully this makes him think 'I'll show these ****s'.

berrathanhibs

i like the new boss all ready i think he is going to be great for our club!!

Think he was in Sweden with the Huns.

The ones I heard were Charles Paterson (I think) and Brian McLaughlin (or whatever fat way he spells it)

yeah he was.. he tweeted yesterday or the day before about being on the plane with the team dry.gif

Hans von Luck

Just seen SSN just now and the monkey with the Rank Radio microphone was just Vlad quality at the press conference today.

Not laughed so much for ages.

Harry Palmer

McLauchlin...fat Beeb ******.

Sir Alco would have had his number and blanked the BBC forthwith.

Just seen SSN just now and the monkey with the Rank Radio microphone was just Vlad quality at the press conference today.

Not laughed so much for ages.

Think that may actually have been Real Radio...

I still remember the press conference when walter smith walked out on the Scotland job.

Not ONE question was asked.

Only in Scotland

:ermm:

Think that may actually have been Real Radio...

It was Euan Cameron after 3 days without a shave.

Archived