Press Conference

Gigolo-Aunt

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jamboinglasgow

I really hate Brian McLauchlin...

Did he try to ask almost every question at the conference like he normally does with pre-match conferences.

...a bit disco

I really hate Brian McLauchlin...

Never a truer word...

:thumbsup:

Sorry mate i think it uses Flash.

An iPhone native version should be cut for the STV News app after 6.

Cheers mate. Appreciating your work on this thread by the way!

He dealt with the questions well. I wanted to hear about his ideas about football. But shockingly no one asked. Quality questioning. :rolleyes:

ToadKiller Dog

Seems an honest enough bloke , like the way he cut them short when he decided he had answered enough .

Paulo takes no shit from the media monkeys

It's a result of excess scar tissue from butting lippy Journalists. Paulo takes no **** from the monkeys.

:thumbsup:

With that i'm no longer just on the Paulo train, i'm teetering down the aisle selling cups of tea for ?2.50 and can's of heineken for ?4.50.

Choo Choo!!!

Vlad-Stupid

What questions are they asking? Can't get the link to work at my work :(

Told him all the fans were furious at his appointment and JJ getting sackedrolleyes.gif pretty much just banged on about Vlad using him as a puppet and asked him what he thought of the fact he'd probably get sacked soon :vrface: cringeworthy viewing

Arthur Morgan

For some reason I think Paulo will agree with Romanov's statement. Good Man! :thumbsup:

When they asked him rude questions he answered back with an aggressive tone.

Harry Palmer

Did he try to ask almost every question at the conference like he normally does with pre-match conferences.

Sensationalist questions...hoping for a headline? Aye.

I did. Just got a STV logo thing, wiseguy.

So you could see for yourself it never worked. :mellow:

For what it's worth. I saw it. All of it.

:verysmug:

simplesimon

He looked thoroughly bemused by the end. 90% of the questions were about Romananov and not football.

Gordon Ramsay

Looks like Locke is staying which is good news. Thought he handled the questions about past managers and Jefferies pretty well. Seems like he might bring in one or two players after hes had a look at the whole squad.

Overall, I quite liked the guy, seemed to be fairly knowledgeable and knew what he was talking about. His English isn't perfect but it's better than I expected, just hope he gets some time to embed his ideas into the players.

Told him all the fans were furious at his appointment and JJ getting sacked rolleyes.gif pretty much just banged on about Vlad using him as a puppet and asked him what he thought of the fact he'd probably get sacked soon :vrface: cringeworthy viewing

**** sake, thats proper horror show.

...a bit disco

363399095.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1312385728&Signature=w55LzL%2BYdR3O%2B6uou1Y25fOfoa4%3D

Fuds.

Bet they'll be having a circle jerk over this on The Real Radio Old Firm phone-in.

<_<

Arthur Morgan

He dealt with the questions well. I wanted to hear about his ideas about football. But shockingly no one asked. Quality questioning. :rolleyes:

This. I would have liked them to have asked questions about how he likes his team to play, formations etc. but that's expecting too much from these monkeys.

Clerry Jambo

The monkeys, sorry press lot really are a shower of welts

Thought the guy handled himself well and best of luck to him :thumbsup:

Brian Mclaughlin is a large male chicken

Loved how he just cut that fat tw&t off right in the middle of bumping his gums.

How did this guy ever become fairly high profile in this country's sports media? Useless. Saw him on tv reporting before the 1st leg and he ended the piece pointing to a tram and making some comparison with Edinburgh's lack of trams. Aye, great.

The Future's Maroon

I thought he dealt with the line of questioning from the monkeys very well, as said above the questioning was shocking.

To the press: "I understand your relationship. Maybe I can help that" Maybe after Rudi has given Riordan a geography lesson Paulo can teach the hacks how to do their jobs. :thumbsup:

Chad Sexington

Brian Mclaughlin is a large male chicken

The aggressive tone of his questioning and total disrespect was a disgrace. :verymad:

Thankfully, Paulo simply rose above it and made him look like a bitter arsehole. :smuggy:

Came accross very well.

I liked the view that he was pleased that the players and fans were upset because it meant that 'Mr Jim' was special. He hopes that when he gets the bullet, the reactions will be similar :thumbsup:

Randle P McMurphy

exactly, they represent their own agendas. as supporters we hope to get some idea of his football philosophy, which players have caught his eye so far etc. what do we get? shite about how many managers we have had, how long he can expect to last, how reasonable was it for jefferies to be sacked etc. media monkeys alright

Sky Sports News cut the interview to talk about Steven ******* Gerrard. :angry: What did he say when asked about what he's now seen of the players?

Don't suppose anyone could have it uploaded?

Mr Jim. :lol:

Really hope a gets a few songs of support on Thursday night.

363399095.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1312385728&Signature=w55LzL%2BYdR3O%2B6uou1Y25fOfoa4%3D

Fuds.

Bet they'll be having a circle jerk over this on The Real Radio Old Firm phone-in.

dry.gif

Looks like the only had to buy Roughie the gorilla heid eh?

Vlad-Stupid

**** sake, thats proper horror show.

Was hoping they asked some questions about stuff other than Vladdry.gif Still, he looked the business and I dont think it will be long til he's gibving the press beatdowns. Did he not say he knew the press and the club had a certain relationship or something? anyone confirm?

...a bit disco

I thought he dealt with the line of questioning from the monkeys very well, as said above the questioning was shocking.

No cheeky wee questions about possible signings,etc.:down:

Just sensationalist pish which was masterfully fielded and dismissed by Senor Sergio.:thumbsup:

This. I would have liked them to have asked questions about how he likes his team to play, formations etc. but that's expecting too much from these monkeys.

Spot on. That press conference was all about trying to catch him out and grab a quote to turn into a sensationalist headline, not about trying to find out about football and get some information for the Hearts fans. No wonder Scotland are rubbish at football! ;-)

Charlie-Brown

What shambolic and agenda driven questions from the journos - a new manager in a new country and a quality chance to learn something new about the guy, his ideas, his plans etc and what do we get - umpteen questions saying the same things trying to catch him out about yesterdays news and events. PATHETIC the journo's should be ashamed - i didn't think they could sink lower in my estimation but they just did. :down:

Paulo's first meeting with scottish journos and ones dressed as a monkey :vrface: Way to create a great impression of the country Real Radio :rudi:

I'd like to hear ewan cameron come on and justify that about their ***** sense of humour. 2 bit station 2 bit journos.

The aggressive tone of his questioning and total disrespect was a disgrace. :verymad:

Thankfully, Paulo simply rose above it and made him look like a bitter arsehole. :smuggy:

default.jpg

Paulo Sergio. Gentleman, thinker and knows how to straight bat the monkeys.

Loved how he just cut that fat tw&t off right in the middle of bumping his gums.

How did this guy ever become fairly high profile in this country's sports media? Useless. Saw him on tv reporting before the 1st leg and he ended the piece pointing to a tram and making some comparison with Edinburgh's lack of trams. Aye, great.

He must suck a mean welt.

To the press: "I understand your relationship. Maybe I can help that" Maybe after Rudi has given Riordan a geography lesson Paulo can teach the hacks how to do their jobs. :thumbsup:

Was hoping they asked some questions about stuff other than Vladdry.gif Still, he looked the business and I dont think it will be long til he's gibving the press beatdowns. Did he not say he knew the press and the club had a certain relationship or something? anyone confirm?

Jambof3tornado

He should have answered rude non footballing questions in his native tongue to give the monkeys some work!

Charlie-Brown

SCANDALOUS really - don't remember Paul le Guen or Wim Jansen etc ever having to face such shitty questions as those when they arrived in Scotland.

Archived