Ewan Murray's Guardian piece.

bistokid

kennyblack'sshot

Great article in general that will sadly be read by very few people, especially in Scotland.

I quite like Vlad and what he's done for Hearts and how he appears driven to not accept mediocrity and is willing to speak his mind and challenge authority in Scotland. I also like the fact that he's an outsider. Scottish football is far too cosy at times.

However, sacking JJ stinks on so many levels - not least football. What Vlad fails to acknowledge is that sacking manager after manager will not help Hearts challenge the Old Firm - for that to happen we either need a manager like JJ who knows Scottish football and can work within a tight budget or we need a seriously massive cash injection on the playing side. We do NOT need a manager with "European experience" given we are only in Europe every 2/3 years or so and even then we don't stay long.

Vlad is clearly deluded if he thinks he can achieve success with this strategy of changing it up every year or so. JJ was beginning to nurture a new crop of youngsters and made some astute signings who had a full pre-season to bond. All now wasted. Vlad either needs to put his money where his mouth is and really support the managers he appoints with cash and trust or pack it in and stop playing Football Owner 2012.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We_are_the_Hearts

"When Romanov does something which the Scottish mainstream disagrees with, the language used is more exaggerated than is the case for discussion about other clubs. Routinely, this is hidden under the dubious guise of onlookers "wanting the best for Scottish football".

Best sentence I have read all week!

Yes your very funny indeed.

Rix was a convicted kiddie fiddler

Employed by Romanov and you think that that's ok.

Craig Thomson is on the sex offenders list and is still employed by your idol.........and you think thats ok.

You can quote me all the pish you want but those are facts..........oh and you thinks its ok.

mod delete

Moderators:

If you're going to spare my feelings by cutting out "Says a lot about you ya muppet" then you should probably have cut it out from the bit where the post is quoted later

You really didn't need to bother though. I've been called worse by better

The artical is spot on, how I feel and most Hearts fans I know also feel.

If it wasnt for Vlad we wouldnt exsist, and even if someone else did come in and save us, would we of achieved what we have over the last 6 years? I doubt it, I doubt we would of even been close to being where we are as a club right now. Yes there are problems, cringe moments, but the good times far outweigh these times, and apart from the few that do go too far I actully like some of Vlads rants and the way he winds the GFA up.

People the world over know who Hearts are now, and that cant be a bad thing. No such thing as bad publicity and all that jazz.

Very, very good article.

It's obvious that JJs Hearts connections and obvious love for the club is clouding the views of many. Csaba was removed much in the same way, but nobody was that sad to see him go, despite our record prior to his departure being a lot better than it has been under JJ. I'm disappointed that JJ has gone, just like everyone will be, but we should judge this decision on how well the new fella does and not because he is replacing a Hearts man.

People the world over know who Hearts are now, and that cant be a bad thing. No such thing as bad publicity and all that jazz.

I'm pretty sure that theory has been well and truly debunked this summer.

Francis Albert

Why on earth didn't Hearts ask for permission to reprint the Murray article on the official site instead of, or at least alongside, Vlad's?

Archived